More economic GOOD News...DOW hits new record..on track to hit 17K.

Enron loophole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The "Enron loophole" exempts most over-the-counter energy trades and trading on electronic energy commodity markets from government regulation.[1]
The "loophole" was enacted in sections § 2(h) and (g) of the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000, signed by U.S. president Bill Clinton on December 21, 2000.[1] It allowed for the creation, for U.S. exchanges, of a new kind of derivative security, the single-stock future, which had been prohibited since 1982 under the Shad-Johnson Accord, a jurisdictional pact between John S. R. Shad, then chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and Phil Johnson, then chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
In September 2007, Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) introduced Senate Bill S. 2058 specifically to close the "Enron Loophole". This bill was later attached to H.R. 6124, the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008, also known as "The 2008 Farm Bill". President George W. Bush vetoed the bill, but was overridden by both the House and Senate, and on June 18, 2008 the bill was enacted into law

This time I used the word PROHIBITED TODD.............In the article of course.

Prohibited, banned..........hmmmmm........I think they mean the same thing Todd...........

Commodities speculation was basically banned.

Still funny.

What an UGLY Bank. Just looking at that ugly building makes me want to see a very large crane and wrecking ball. It's in Switzerland. And CONTROLS most of the Central Banks of the World including all of the Federal Reserve Banks.

Sorry, I just can't get the image of a wrecking ball hitting that building. It gives me goose pimples.

rothschild40_01.jpg

And CONTROLS most of the Central Banks of the World including all of the Federal Reserve Banks.

I'd like to see the dictionary you use. Because it sure has some unique definitions.

Enron loophole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The "Enron loophole" exempts most over-the-counter energy trades and trading on electronic energy commodity markets from government regulation.[1]
The "loophole" was enacted in sections § 2(h) and (g) of the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000, signed by U.S. president Bill Clinton on December 21, 2000.[1] It allowed for the creation, for U.S. exchanges, of a new kind of derivative security, the single-stock future, which had been prohibited since 1982 under the Shad-Johnson Accord, a jurisdictional pact between John S. R. Shad, then chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and Phil Johnson, then chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
In September 2007, Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) introduced Senate Bill S. 2058 specifically to close the "Enron Loophole". This bill was later attached to H.R. 6124, the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008, also known as "The 2008 Farm Bill". President George W. Bush vetoed the bill, but was overridden by both the House and Senate, and on June 18, 2008 the bill was enacted into law

Prohibited, banned..........hmmmmm........I think they mean the same thing Todd...........

Still funny.

I'd imagine you laughed your butt off after the crash as well.

What an UGLY Bank. Just looking at that ugly building makes me want to see a very large crane and wrecking ball. It's in Switzerland. And CONTROLS most of the Central Banks of the World including all of the Federal Reserve Banks.

Sorry, I just can't get the image of a wrecking ball hitting that building. It gives me goose pimples.

rothschild40_01.jpg

And CONTROLS most of the Central Banks of the World including all of the Federal Reserve Banks.

I'd like to see the dictionary you use. Because it sure has some unique definitions.

Unique to those who refuse to see the world as it is today. The Federal Reserve is just part of PRIVATELY held banks controlled by a few in this world. Some believe it, and some don't.

So I'll put you down for don't believe.

So, can we sustain the 8th wonder of the world without Federal Dough Todd..........

Still funny.

Commodities trading has continued, uninterrupted, since the CBOT was founded.
S&P 500 stock futures were never banned, despite your silly claim.

rothschild40_01.jpg

Unique to those who refuse to see the world as it is today. The Federal Reserve is just part of PRIVATELY held banks controlled by a few in this world. Some believe it, and some don't.

So I'll put you down for don't believe.

So, can we sustain the 8th wonder of the world without Federal Dough Todd..........

The Federal Reserve is just part of PRIVATELY held banks controlled by a few in this world.

Privately held? Where did you get that idea?

Still funny.

Commodities trading has continued, uninterrupted, since the CBOT was founded.
S&P 500 stock futures were never banned, despite your silly claim.

I specified with the articles my intention with the post.

Irregardless, you refuse to engage in what will happen with the 8th Wonder of the World.

406 F3d 532 Scott v. Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City | OpenJurist

The Bank argues that it is not a federal agency for purposes of Rule 4 because Federal Reserve Banks are distinct from the Board of Governors, owned by commercial banks, and directly supervised in their daily operations by separate boards of directors—not the federal government. Further, the Bank states that Federal Reserve Bank employees are not considered federal employees, officials, or representatives for purposes of 12 U.S.C. § 341. The Bank also contends, inter alia, that the plain language of 28 U.S.C. § 451 and relevant case law state that Federal Reserve Banks are not federal agencies.

The Bank does not constitute an "independent establishment." Although the term "independent establishment" is not defined within Title 28, we can infer that it means an independent entity within the executive branch from other parts of the United States Code. See, e.g., 5 U.S.C. § 104. The structure of the Federal Reserve System demonstrates that the Bank does not meet this definition. The Bank is a private, independent entity independently run by its own board of directors. It is not run by the Federal Reserve Board of Governors or any other part of the executive branch. Thus, the Bank "act with sufficient independence under private ownership and control such that they do not qualify as government corporations or independent establishments." Katsiavelos v. Fed. Reserve Bank of Chicago, 859 F.Supp. 1183, 1185 (N.D.Ill.1994).

Hell Todd, the Federal Reserve says so in court Todd.

The Bank argues that it is not a federal agency for purposes of Rule 4 because Federal Reserve Banks are distinct from the Board of Governors, owned by commercial banks, and directly supervised in their daily operations by separate boards of directors—not the federal government. Further, the Bank states that Federal Reserve Bank employees are not considered federal employees, officials, or representatives for purposes of 12 U.S.C. § 341. The Bank also contends, inter alia, that the plain language of 28 U.S.C. § 451 and relevant case law state that Federal Reserve Banks are not federal agencies.

The Bank does not constitute an "independent establishment." Although the term "independent establishment" is not defined within Title 28, we can infer that it means an independent entity within the executive branch from other parts of the United States Code. See, e.g., 5 U.S.C. § 104. The structure of the Federal Reserve System demonstrates that the Bank does not meet this definition. The Bank is a private, independent entity independently run by its own board of directors. It is not run by the Federal Reserve Board of Governors or any other part of the executive branch. Thus, the Bank "act with sufficient independence under private ownership and control such that they do not qualify as government corporations or independent establishments." Katsiavelos v. Fed. Reserve Bank of Chicago, 859 F.Supp. 1183, 1185 (N.D.Ill.1994).

That doesn't say privately held.

Who do you feel gets all the profits?

6% Dividend to create our currency paid to the banks who own the Fed.
Anything over 4% to the Treasury.

Estimated 80 Billion in the year 2012 to the Treasury.

By the Back Door.................TRILLIONS..................Through loans to banks and their shareholders....................

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article45671.html

Over the last six months Belgium has started to behave eccentrically, even by Belgian standards. No, the small country of 11 million has not decided to stop making chocolate or waffles. It has decided to increase its buying of U.S. Treasury bonds...in a very big way. According to latest U.S. Treasury Department data, since August of 2013 entities in Belgium have purchased and held a stunning $215 billion of U.S. Treasuries. This figure is equivalent to about half the country's annual GDP, and equates to almost $20,000 for every living Belgian. Prior to that time, Belgium had held its cache fairly steady at around $170-$190 billion. But by March, that total had increased by almost 130% (to $381 billion) in just seven months. The purchases represented 61% of the total increase in foreign holdings of U.S. Treasuries over that time frame. Given the fact that Belgium, as of last September, had less than 3% of the Treasury bonds held by foreign sources, this is strange behavior indeed.

Of course exactly who is buying those bonds remains a mystery. It's only known for sure that a Belgium-based clearing house called Euroclear is "likely responsible" for holding the $200 plus billion in Treasuries. It's amazing in this day and age when every e-mail and phone call is scrubbed for security content that hundreds of billions of dollars could move across borders without anyone really knowing what is going on. Of course this is likely only possible if official sources themselves are the transacting parties.

Low and behold the article later says Euroclear is owned by JP Morgan.............Funneling U.S. Debt through the little country of Belgium.

Isn't that a hoot Todd.

By the Back Door.................TRILLIONS..................Through loans to banks and their shareholders....................

Over the last six months Belgium has started to behave eccentrically, even by Belgian standards. No, the small country of 11 million has not decided to stop making chocolate or waffles. It has decided to increase its buying of U.S. Treasury bonds...in a very big way. According to latest U.S. Treasury Department data, since August of 2013 entities in Belgium have purchased and held a stunning $215 billion of U.S. Treasuries. This figure is equivalent to about half the country's annual GDP, and equates to almost $20,000 for every living Belgian. Prior to that time, Belgium had held its cache fairly steady at around $170-$190 billion. But by March, that total had increased by almost 130% (to $381 billion) in just seven months. The purchases represented 61% of the total increase in foreign holdings of U.S. Treasuries over that time frame. Given the fact that Belgium, as of last September, had less than 3% of the Treasury bonds held by foreign sources, this is strange behavior indeed.

Of course exactly who is buying those bonds remains a mystery. It's only known for sure that a Belgium-based clearing house called Euroclear is "likely responsible" for holding the $200 plus billion in Treasuries. It's amazing in this day and age when every e-mail and phone call is scrubbed for security content that hundreds of billions of dollars could move across borders without anyone really knowing what is going on. Of course this is likely only possible if official sources themselves are the transacting parties.

Low and behold the article later says Euroclear is owned by JP Morgan.............Funneling U.S. Debt through the little country of Belgium.

Isn't that a hoot Todd.

They don't own the Fed.

See, you proved it yourself. Thanks!

Isn't that a hoot Todd.

They don't own the Fed.

See, you proved it yourself. Thanks!

LOL

They do it for free in your Parasitic World...................:cuckoo:

Parasite Capitalism: The Economic Model of the 21st Century - PolicyMic

Banks like Goldman loved the new laws and still do. Future Trading their asses off to drive commodity prices up. They are PARASITES, not Capitalist....................

They purposely get commodities and freeze them such as aluminum and oil, to artificially drive up the prices. Making those who need the commodity pay more for the commodity. Goldman doesn't produce oil and aluminum. They aren't the producers of the world, they attach themselves to the host body and suck the blood out of them.

As do most of the big boy hedgers.

Speculating with Lives: Number of Speculators Will Continue to Grow - SPIEGEL ONLINE

They did the same thing with Food Prices up to the crash. Driving them up up and away. None of these parasites in the Markets Actually farmed a dang thing in their lives.

THEY FARM MONEY................And everyone pays for it.

It has NOTHING TO DO WITH CAPITALISM. It has everything to do with Price Rigging.

Banks like Goldman loved the new laws and still do. Future Trading their asses off to drive commodity prices up. They are PARASITES, not Capitalist....................

They purposely get commodities and freeze them such as aluminum and oil, to artificially drive up the prices. Making those who need the commodity pay more for the commodity. Goldman doesn't produce oil and aluminum. They aren't the producers of the world, they attach themselves to the host body and suck the blood out of them.

Speculating with Lives: Number of Speculators Will Continue to Grow - SPIEGEL ONLINE

They did the same thing with Food Prices up to the crash. Driving them up up and away. None of these parasites in the Markets Actually farmed a dang thing in their lives.

It has NOTHING TO DO WITH CAPITALISM. It has everything to do with Price Rigging.

Future Trading their asses off to drive commodity prices up.

How's that work?
Walk through the steps for me.

How's that work?

Read the dang articles..............You know dang well what they did, and the articles points out exactly how they did it.

POP QUIZ ASSHOLE...........

If you store Aluminum in Warehouses and stock pile it, aka refuse to sell until the prices go up, aren't you rigging the price of a commodity............

Why did Oil prices go up back then when the actual supply went up as the Saudi's increased supply. It was Speculators trading futures and a HERD FORMED driving them up as well.

The price for all Americans went up, NOT BECAUSE OF SUPPLY AND DEMAND but because of the PARASITIC world of Wall Street.

You are a tool.............to that world..........I don't mind someone making a buck off of Real Products. But trading a dang stock a thousand times to drive up prices to all is BS.

The Markets crashed the system, and fucked over our country. That's the Fing deal Todd.

How's that work?

Read the dang articles..............You know dang well what they did, and the articles points out exactly how they did it.

If you store Aluminum in Warehouses and stock pile it, aka refuse to sell until the prices go up, aren't you rigging the price of a commodity............

Why did Oil prices go up back then when the actual supply went up as the Saudi's increased supply. It was Speculators trading futures and a HERD FORMED driving them up as well.

The price for all Americans went up, NOT BECAUSE OF SUPPLY AND DEMAND but because of the PARASITIC world of Wall Street.

You are a tool.............to that world..........I don't mind someone making a buck off of Real Products. But trading a dang stock a thousand times to drive up prices to all is BS.

The Markets crashed the system, and fucked over our country. That's the Fing deal Todd.

I read the stupid article when it first came out. It was just as funny then.

If you store Aluminum in Warehouses and stock pile it

You said they did it with futures. Now your story involves buying the actual commodity?

World aluminum production is about 50 million tonnes a year.
How much do they have to stockpile in a warehouse to drive the price up?

How's that work?

You said they did it with futures. Now your story involves buying the actual commodity?

Read the article..............

Bottom line you know damned well the OTC's created the bubble from hell. I've shown the data that allowed virtually no regulations anymore as they were deemed Self Regulated.

I've shown the data of the Self Regulated Asshats that crashed the system getting Trillions in the bail outs to stop the sinking ship created by the captains of the ship.

I and others have shown that the Federal Reserve is keeping the dang thing afloat.

It will crash again. When? I don't know. But to people like you it's Ok to do this..........Even though the consequences screw our nation..........

So continue to put out your one liners in the defense of the Markets that no longer have to rely on the principles of supply and demand...............

BUY BUY BUY BUY..............SELL SELL SELL SELL............doesn't do anything to prices...............

Only when pigs fly Todd.........

5 Steps Of A Bubble

Displacement: A displacement occurs when investors get enamored by a new paradigm, such as an innovative new technology or interest rates that are historically low. A classic example of displacement is the decline in the federal funds rate from 6.5% in May, 2000, to 1% in June, 2003. Over this three-year period, the interest rate on 30-year fixed-rate mortgages fell by 2.5 percentage points to a historic lows of 5.21%, sowing the seeds for the housing bubble.

Boom: Prices rise slowly at first, following a displacement, but then gain momentum as more and more participants enter the market, setting the stage for the boom phase. During this phase, the asset in question attracts widespread media coverage. Fear of missing out on what could be an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity spurs more speculation, drawing an increasing number of participants into the fold.
Euphoria: During this phase,caution is thrown to the wind, as asset prices skyrocket. The "greater fool" theory plays out everywhere.Valuations reach extreme levels during this phase. For example, at the peak of the Japanese real estate bubble in 1989, land in Tokyo sold for as much as 9,000 per square foot, or more than 350-times the value of Manhattan property. After the bubble burst, real estate lost approximately 80% of its inflated value, while stock prices declined by 70%. Similarly, at the height of the internet bubble in March, 2000, the combined value of all technology stocks on the Nasdaq was higher than the GDP of most nations.

During the euphoric phase, new valuation measures and metrics are touted to justify the relentless rise in asset prices.

Profit Taking: By this time, the smart money – heeding the warning signs – is generally selling out positions and taking profits. But estimating the exact time when a bubble is due to collapse can be a difficult exercise and extremely hazardous to one's financial health, because, as John Maynard Keynes put it, "the markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."Note that it only takes a relatively minor event to prick a bubble, but once it is pricked, the bubble cannot "inflate" again. In August, 2007, for example, French bank BNP Paribas halted withdrawals from three investment funds with substantial exposure to U.S. subprime mortgages because it could not value their holdings. While this development initially rattled financial markets, it was brushed aside over the next couple months, as global equity markets reached new highs. In retrospect, this relatively minor event was indeed a warning sign of the turbulent times to come.

Panic: In the panic stage, asset prices reverse course and descend as rapidly as they had ascended. Investors and speculators, faced with margin calls and plunging values of their holdings, now want to liquidate them at any price. As supply overwhelms demand, asset prices slide sharply.One of the most vivid examples of global panic in financial markets occurred in October 2008, weeks after Lehman Brothers declared bankruptcy and Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and AIG almost collapsed. The S&P 500 plunged almost 17% that month, its ninth-worst monthly performance. In that single month, global equity markets lost a staggering .3 trillion of 22% of their combined market capitalization.

Bottom line you know damned well the OTC's created the bubble from hell. I've shown the data that allowed virtually no regulations anymore as they were deemed Self Regulated.

I've shown the data of the Self Regulated Asshats that crashed the system getting Trillions in the bail outs to stop the sinking ship created by the captains of the ship.

I and others have shown that the Federal Reserve is keeping the dang thing afloat.

It will crash again. When? I don't know. But to people like you it's Ok to do this..........Even though the consequences screw our nation..........

So continue to put out your one liners in the defense of the Markets that no longer have to rely on the principles of supply and demand...............

BUY BUY BUY BUY..............SELL SELL SELL SELL............doesn't do anything to prices...............

Only when pigs fly Todd.........

I read it, years ago. Still makes me laugh.

you know damned well the OTC's created the bubble from hell.

If only you could show how.

I've shown the data of the Self Regulated Asshats that crashed the system getting Trillions in the bail outs

Yeah, short term loans....long ago paid back. Just awful!!

They do things. Just not the things you claim.

We've been down this road before Todd.....................

History will repeat itself again...................................

The Fed has only deferred it....................................

And you know it....................

And the country will pay for it dearly again...........

And people like you will shrug your shoulders and say, well some win and some lose..........

Forum List

Back