More Free Stuff to run up the debt or taxes.

Free stuff....
Free stuff....
More,more,more....

Well, the rich sure enjoy our roads and educated population to make money off of. Fact.

And they pay taxes for those roads and education and hire people and pay their salaries which are taxed.....
Fact...

Well, those taxes are used by the government that you hate so much to make those things happen. You see, it takes money to run a first world country.

I hate a govenment that wastes my tax dollars....
I hate hearing stories about people that travel to other countries and rave about the airports then come back here and feel they are in a third world country....
But spend,tax,spend more,tax more makes me sick....

Government gets plenty of revenue...
They regulate and tax people and stifle...
Because only government knows best.
Do you see private interests stepping up to repair roads and airports? No. They have their own concerns.

But infrastructure is used by nearly everyone, save those survivalists who live off the grid.

Because infrastructure is used by everyone and it's constitutionally mandated, we should spend whatever it takes to maintain it. The cost of maintenance is cheap compared to the cost of replacement.

Is education a waste of your dollars? Do you think this nation can compete, let alone lead the world without an educated work force? Again, the cost of education is high, but cheap compared to the cost of ignorance.

Free college for 2 years......think about it......the standards to get into a community college will increase dramatically due to an unusual supply of applicants.....

How do you think THAT will pan out?

You guys just don't think things out....Obama and his minions are a bunch of idiots that think their ideas are great until they implement them.
Did standards increase for institutions of higher learning after the implementation of the G.I. Bill?

Free stuff....
Free stuff....
More,more,more....

Well, the rich sure enjoy our roads and educated population to make money off of. Fact.

And they pay taxes for those roads and education and hire people and pay their salaries which are taxed.....
Fact...

Well, those taxes are used by the government that you hate so much to make those things happen. You see, it takes money to run a first world country.

I hate a govenment that wastes my tax dollars....
I hate hearing stories about people that travel to other countries and rave about the airports then come back here and feel they are in a third world country....
But spend,tax,spend more,tax more makes me sick....

Government gets plenty of revenue...
They regulate and tax people and stifle...
Because only government knows best.
Do you see private interests stepping up to repair roads and airports? No. They have their own concerns.

But infrastructure is used by nearly everyone, save those survivalists who live off the grid.

Because infrastructure is used by everyone and it's constitutionally mandated, we should spend whatever it takes to maintain it. The cost of maintenance is cheap compared to the cost of replacement.

Is education a waste of your dollars? Do you think this nation can compete, let alone lead the world without an educated work force? Again, the cost of education is high, but cheap compared to the cost of ignorance.

Before government decided to get in college education, we had the best secondary system in the world.
I think the Government should start its own university

Offer free online courses for basic freshman and sophomore subjects. Make it mandatory that all universities accept these credits
You have it backwards.

People should pay for the first 2 years of college and not qualify for government aid if they can't hold down a 3.0 GPA

Online courses can be developed cheaply and made available free to millions of college students

From then on, they only need to be updated. It would save students billions of dollars

No argument there. Forcing students to pay hundreds of dollars for text books they use for a class and can't sell for more than a few bucks is ludicrous. Heck, stop forcing them to subsidize the massive athletics programs while we're at it.

Free stuff....
Free stuff....
More,more,more....

And the rich pay for those roads you jealous asshole. And the rich employ that educated population you jealous asshole. And when they employ that educated population it offers that educated population a chance to show its stuff, get promoted and become rich, you jealous asshole.

Of course there are those that are so jealous of the rich they rarely show their stuff on the job and get promoted...primarily because they are too busy "exercising their rights" and spending little time to ensure success for the cause.

Like you.

Free college for 2 years......think about it......the standards to get into a community college will increase dramatically due to an unusual supply of applicants.....

You guys just don't think things out....Obama and his minions are a bunch of idiots that think their ideas are great until they implement them.
Did standards increase for institutions of higher learning after the implementation of the G.I. Bill?
Excuse me.....we are talking about the influx of millions of potential students into the higher education system.

Excuse me.....we are talking about the influx of millions of potential students into the higher education system.
And, in scale, wasn't the demand the same for colleges and universities once the G.I. Bill was passed?

There may be, and hopefully, millions of college applicants. But there are more colleges, universities, trade and vocational schools now than say 30 years ago, certainly more than 65 years ago.

And, in scale, wasn't the demand the same for colleges and universities once the G.I. Bill was passed?

There may be, and hopefully, millions of college applicants. But there are more colleges, universities, trade and vocational schools now than say 30 years ago, certainly more than 65 years ago.
actually, I am not sure that there are so many more colleges and universities......especially at the community college level. And if there are, I can not see it being such a large number that it would allow for a 1 to 1 ratio as compared to the GI bill 50 years ago to the influx of tens of millions today.

I look at where I live. We have 2 primary community colleges, and a small handful of smaller community colleges covering 7 million people.

I see it becoming a problem

actually, I am not sure that there are so many more colleges and universities......especially at the community college level. And if there are, I can not see it being such a large number that it would allow for a 1 to 1 ratio as compared to the GI bill 50 years ago to the influx of tens of millions today.

I look at where I live. We have 2 primary community colleges, and a small handful of smaller community colleges covering 7 million people.

I know that in the last 40 odd years, state universities here in Ohio have opened branch campuses. We also have county vocational and trade schools. Not to mention on-line colleges.

I know that in the last 40 odd years, state universities here in Ohio have opened branch campuses. We also have county vocational and trade schools. Not to mention on-line colleges.
I don't know the stats so it would be a dishonest response for me to say you are wrong and I am right.
But I have to believe that if we were to make college free, everyone would want in, even if they really don't care....and when there is a dramatic increase in supply of applicants, standards will increase.
Heck, people get a box of diapers if they have a "free" coupon, even if they don't have children.

You an OSU fan? Enjoy Monday night!

I think the Government should start its own university

Offer free online courses for basic freshman and sophomore subjects. Make it mandatory that all universities accept these credits
You have it backwards.

People should pay for the first 2 years of college and not qualify for government aid if they can't hold down a 3.0 GPA
if anything, this is the way to handle it.
Make people earn it.

I am a graduate of The Ohio State university. Monday night will be great! Thanks!

O-H

I-O!

I am a graduate of The Ohio State university. Monday night will be great! Thanks!

O-H

I-O!
you got me in your court for that game....my boys (Orange) didn't even make a bowl game.

O-H

I-O!
While attending, did you ever learn to spell it correctly?

I would like to see the President push for free online education for college students

Let the Government develop online courses that cover basic freshman and sophomore subjects, accredit them and offer them free to all students. Make all universities accept the credits
Damn, I must be slipping...that suggestion makes more sense than what he's currently proposing.

Hong Kong has a much stronger economy than the US and collects a whole less taxes per capita than our bloated filthy ass government.

It is not how much you spend on government that makes it good. It is how you spend the money and the US government and many state governments are very bad at spending it wisely.

We waste tons of money on everything imaginable and that includes education. Education in the US has turned into welfare for the unions in a lot of places.

The worse thing about our government is that money is taken away from the people that earn it and given away to those that didn't earn it in the form of welfare, subsidies and bailouts.

I agree.

Nothing is free. Its using someone elses hard earned money and letting those that didn't earn it spend it.

Education is a bottomless pit in this country and we turn out kids who can't read or spell.

I sure don't want my tax dollars to give some kid two years of "free" college.

Nothing is free.

Education is a bottomless pit in this country

Spoken like a true Conservative

Fiscal conservative and proud to be one.

We spend billions on education. Its a bottomless pit that turns out kids who can't read or write.

Hell. Most towns spend 2/3rds of collected taxes on education.

Bottomless pit says it all.

It has also produced hundreds of millions of Americans who are among the most productive workers on earth

Education is our future.....PERIOD

We cannot become a society where only those who can afford it are given an opportunity for advanced education

Maybe as a society we should open schools and hire teachers and get the students some books....
Maybe it's time we try this...... LOL

Forum List

Back