🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

More "freedom" going on - doesnt rate a mention

Family of 4 dies in Texas hotel shooting

A family of 4 dead. Mom shot her kids aged 5 and 10 and her husband.Then killed herself.

I wonder if those kids would still be alive if this woman found it difficult to get a gun ?

Is it just possible ?

Flor De Maria Pineda Canas went into the psych ward at San Jacinto Methodist Hospital last year.

I wonder if she would have found another method had the gun not been available. Is it just possible?

Charlotte police: Mother kills two children, self in double murder-suicide

How about the one above? Or does it not count because it interferes with your "message".

While I realize that guns are an awesome political football, the common denominator in the vast majority of these shootings is mental illness. It isn't taken seriously in the US. It's damn sure not taken seriously in Texas.
Its shocking isnt it. You will never eliminate murder but you can make it less likely.

You mean less likely like this...in Britain.....

You have the same number of family members murdered...with a knife....and none of the rapes, robberies or murders in your country stopped by law abiding gun owners...in fact....only criminals use guns and they use them against your people....gun crime in a country that banned guns is up 27% ....and up 42% in London.......and London is now more violent than New York City....

Wife killed three family members in knife attack: Murder trial told of

A MOTHER stabbed three of her relatives to death after entering into an arranged marriage, a court was told yesterday.

Kulwinder Kaur Bahia, 23, allegedly stabbed her mother-in-law 16 times with an eight-inch kitchen knife, her sister-in-law 46 times, and her four-year-old nephew 11 times. She is alleged to have then doused the house in petrol and set it alight.

A family of 4 dead. Mom shot her kids aged 5 and 10 and her husband.Then killed herself.

I wonder if those kids would still be alive if this woman found it difficult to get a gun ?

Is it just possible ?

Flor De Maria Pineda Canas went into the psych ward at San Jacinto Methodist Hospital last year.

I wonder if she would have found another method had the gun not been available. Is it just possible?

How about the one above? Or does it not count because it interferes with your "message".

While I realize that guns are an awesome political football, the common denominator in the vast majority of these shootings is mental illness. It isn't taken seriously in the US. It's damn sure not taken seriously in Texas.
Its shocking isnt it. You will never eliminate murder but you can make it less likely.

You can stop murder...with a gun...this British family didn't have a gun...and were murdered by a homeless man with a knife....

Chilling CCTV shows homeless killer lurking in family's garden before murders

Chilling CCTV shows a homeless man 'dressed as a ninja' crawling through a family's garden before launching a brutal knife attack that left a mum and her son dead.

The footage shows Aaron Barley lurking outside the home and emerging as dad Peter Wilkinson took the family's dog for a walk.

Hmmmm...this same scenario...but in the U.S....

Attacker with knife flees after woman reveals her concealed carry gun, police say

A woman in Illinois was reportedly able to protect herself with her concealed carry firearm after a stranger with a knife jumped into her car.

Police said a woman who was parked near a shopping mall in Moline on Sunday was attacked by a man who fought his way into her car, according to WQAD 8.

During the fight, the man reportedly slashed the woman’s arm with a knife. He then ordered the woman to drive to Rock Island County, a rural area, according to police.

Fatal Lawndale shooting ruled self-defense, woman not charged

A woman who shot a man after he stabbed her multiple times Thursday afternoon in Lawndale acted in self-defense and will not be charged, police said.

Deputies: Mass Stabbing Suspect Stopped When Fourth Target Pulled a Gun - Breitbart

Deputies say a suspect who allegedly stabbed three people in Seminole, Florida, stopped when a fourth individual pulled a gun on him.
The incident occurred Sunday afternoon in broad daylight.
According to The Patch, the incident began when witnesses alleged they saw 49-year-old Bobby Martin Watson trying to rob a woman in a Publix parking lot. Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office deputies indicate that the woman–44-year-old Rosanna Lynn–struggled with Watson and he stabbed her.
Watson then ran and a witness–44-year-old Christopher McMann–approached, only to get stabbed as well.
Deputies said a second good Samaritan–31-year-old Travis Jones–then chased and tackled Watson, only to be “stabbed in the abdomen during the struggle that ensued.” Forty-year-old Donald Rush saw what was happening, grabbed his gun from his vehicle and ran at Watson. He was able to take away the knife “and held [Watson] at gunpoint until deputies arrived.”
Rush did not have to fire his gun. The sight of the brandished firearm was enough to stop the attack.
Watson was booked into the Pinellas County jail. He faces charges of “armed robbery and three counts of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.”

Man shot wife, 2 kids, then self in Santa Clarita home, investigators say

Here is another family of four enjoying their second amendment freedoms on the same day as the citizens in the OP.

Hmmmm....I guess it is the tool that is the issue with you...since your friends in Ireland murder their families too....

Dad who ‘stabbed wife and three sons in murder-suicide’ left chilling note to warn visitors

That does it for me..

We need to ban knives…

Is it just possible ?

No. Not until you manage to deal with mental illness. But, you don't want to do that because it costs money. It will piss off donors. It will piss off lobbyists. It will piss off the insurance companies. It's far easier to side step the issue and wield it as a political weapon that doesn't do anything.

An alternate observation. IF someone gets to the point that they're going to murder someone they are close to, it can be assumed that they would do so regardless of having a gun or not. Personally, if my spouse goes whacko and decides to off me and mine, I should prefer to be shot in the head, than to have him rip me limb from limb (which he is more than capable of.) I would consider it a mercy from things I can imagine...
Or they may calm down and decide not to kill you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Hmmmmm....more Freedom in Britain....

British ‘Wolverine’ kills family, goes into hiding: police

A knife-loving British man, obsessed with the comic book character Wolverine, slaughtered his family and went into hiding, police said.

Jed Allen, 21, stabbed to death his mother, her boyfriend and the couple’s 6-year-old daughter — Allen’s little sister — during Saturday’s gruesome attack, authorities said.

Is it just possible ?

No. Not until you manage to deal with mental illness. But, you don't want to do that because it costs money. It will piss off donors. It will piss off lobbyists. It will piss off the insurance companies. It's far easier to side step the issue and wield it as a political weapon that doesn't do anything.
Mental health provision is a huge problem in the UK as well. It is hugely underfunded. But our guys dont tend to shoot their families for some reason.

Is it just possible ?

Mental health provision is a huge problem in the UK as well. It is hugely underfunded. But our guys dont tend to shoot their families for some reason.

It is the method, rather than the act itself that really seems to bother you...since I have shown you case after case of family murders committed in Britain.........

At the same time, I have shown you where innocent people in the U.S. have used privately owned and sometimes carried guns to stop knife attacks, attacks they wouldn't have been able to stop without their guns......

Please....be brave and answer this question...

As an anti gunner, you think it is better that a victim accept being raped, robbed or murdered rather than use a lawfully owned and/or carried gun to stop it...

Correct?

Please...be brave...answer the question....you buddies on the anti gun side always stop posting when asked this simple question....

Is it just possible ?
She could have easily killed them driving into a bridge abutment.

Ban cars and bridges.

Yet that is not the method she chose. That she chose to shoot them is about as clear an indicator of the root problem with gun possession: guns are simply too convenient a means for effecting fatal harm to others.
Agreed...but freedom has consequences.
And limits.

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

Yet that is not the method she chose. That she chose to shoot them is about as clear an indicator of the root problem with gun possession: guns are simply too convenient a means for effecting fatal harm to others.
Then the question becomes how does one place greater restrictions on obtaining firearms that’s consistent with current Second Amendment jurisprudence.

It seems every discussion about gun violence ends up with each side accusing the other of an extreme position they aren’t actually advocating. Surely there is a lot of space between disarm the citizenry and we should have the right to buy any weaponry any time anywhere without restriction.

You can argue that these people would have found the means to kill without a gun, but that ignores the critical issue here. A gun is easily at hand, fast, effective and lethal with very little for thought. An act that may often be impulsive doesn’t have anything to put the brakes on it especially where mental illness and suicide are involved. If you don’t have a gun other methods require more effort, planning, time and might not be as effective providing at least some opportunity for rescue or less harm to surrounding people.

Some one brought up locking up mentally ill people and getting them off the streets, but that is pretty dicey isn’t it? Most are more likely to be the victims of violence then the perpetrators. If they aren’t a clear danger to themselves or others how are you going to do that? You are refusing to put restrictions on gun rights for some by taking away the freedom of others. And that particular community is among our most vulnerable when it comes to rights being taken from them.

Mental illness is hugely underfunded and far more likely to be defunded first. Texas is a joke when it comes to parity and treatment.

It is a fact that the easy availability and access to guns in this country makes it far easier to kill. It is also a fact that our Constitution grants us a specific right to own firearms.

But all our rights have some limits, usually when they conflict with public safety or the rights of others.

Is it just possible ?

You can stop murder...with a gun...this British family didn't have a gun...and were murdered by a homeless man with a knife....

Chilling CCTV shows homeless killer lurking in family's garden before murders

Chilling CCTV shows a homeless man 'dressed as a ninja' crawling through a family's garden before launching a brutal knife attack that left a mum and her son dead.

The footage shows Aaron Barley lurking outside the home and emerging as dad Peter Wilkinson took the family's dog for a walk.

Hmmmm...this same scenario...but in the U.S....

Attacker with knife flees after woman reveals her concealed carry gun, police say

A woman in Illinois was reportedly able to protect herself with her concealed carry firearm after a stranger with a knife jumped into her car.

Police said a woman who was parked near a shopping mall in Moline on Sunday was attacked by a man who fought his way into her car, according to WQAD 8.

During the fight, the man reportedly slashed the woman’s arm with a knife. He then ordered the woman to drive to Rock Island County, a rural area, according to police.

Fatal Lawndale shooting ruled self-defense, woman not charged

A woman who shot a man after he stabbed her multiple times Thursday afternoon in Lawndale acted in self-defense and will not be charged, police said.

Deputies: Mass Stabbing Suspect Stopped When Fourth Target Pulled a Gun - Breitbart

Deputies say a suspect who allegedly stabbed three people in Seminole, Florida, stopped when a fourth individual pulled a gun on him.
The incident occurred Sunday afternoon in broad daylight.
According to The Patch, the incident began when witnesses alleged they saw 49-year-old Bobby Martin Watson trying to rob a woman in a Publix parking lot. Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office deputies indicate that the woman–44-year-old Rosanna Lynn–struggled with Watson and he stabbed her.
Watson then ran and a witness–44-year-old Christopher McMann–approached, only to get stabbed as well.
Deputies said a second good Samaritan–31-year-old Travis Jones–then chased and tackled Watson, only to be “stabbed in the abdomen during the struggle that ensued.” Forty-year-old Donald Rush saw what was happening, grabbed his gun from his vehicle and ran at Watson. He was able to take away the knife “and held [Watson] at gunpoint until deputies arrived.”
Rush did not have to fire his gun. The sight of the brandished firearm was enough to stop the attack.
Watson was booked into the Pinellas County jail. He faces charges of “armed robbery and three counts of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.”
For every murder that is stopped with a gun....many times that number are committed with a gun.

Is it just possible ?
Freedom must be consistently acknowledged and protected in order for freedom to have any value or meaning.

The American Constitution is not a ‘cafeteria plan,’ one cannot pick and choose the rights he likes and ignore the rights he doesn’t like.

Conservatives in the United States are infamous for this: they oppose the states placing restrictions on firearms yet support states’ efforts to compel a woman to give birth against her will, or denying same-sex couples access to marriage law.

The Second Amendment codifies an individual right to possess a firearm pursuant to lawful self-defense; seeking to place an undue burden on the right to obtain a firearm violates the Second Amendment.

Just as those who oppose abortion must find a way to end the practice which comports with 14th Amendment jurisprudence and the right to privacy, so too must those wishing to end gun violence find the means to do so which is consistent with the Second Amendment.

The freedom Americans enjoy is the freedom to find real, actual solutions to problems that do not jeopardize the rights and protected liberties of the people – a freedom unique to our Constitutional Republic, and lacking in most democracies.

It seems every discussion about gun violence ends up with each side accusing the other of an extreme position they aren’t actually advocating. Surely there is a lot of space between disarm the citizenry and we should have the right to buy any weaponry any time anywhere without restriction.

You can argue that these people would have found the means to kill without a gun, but that ignores the critical issue here. A gun is easily at hand, fast, effective and lethal with very little for thought. An act that may often be impulsive doesn’t have anything to put the brakes on it especially where mental illness and suicide are involved. If you don’t have a gun other methods require more effort, planning, time and might not be as effective providing at least some opportunity for rescue or less harm to surrounding people.

Some one brought up locking up mentally ill people and getting them off the streets, but that is pretty dicey isn’t it? Most are more likely to be the victims of violence then the perpetrators. If they aren’t a clear danger to themselves or others how are you going to do that? You are refusing to put restrictions on gun rights for some by taking away the freedom of others. And that particular community is among our most vulnerable when it comes to rights being taken from them.

Mental illness is hugely underfunded and far more likely to be defunded first. Texas is a joke when it comes to parity and treatment.

It is a fact that the easy availability and access to guns in this country makes it far easier to kill. It is also a fact that our Constitution grants us a specific right to own firearms.

But all our rights have some limits, usually when they conflict with public safety or the rights of others.
The genius of the Framers as expressed in Constitutional case law is to compel the people to do the hard work and make the sincere effort to find viable solutions to the problems we face, while safeguarding citizens’ rights and protected liberties

Not to just ‘ban’ abortion or ‘ban’ guns.

We as a people are better than that, and that’s what the Framers sought to achieve.

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

Agreed...but freedom has consequences.
And limits.
Agreed but limits should only apply to harming persons or property.

Is it just possible ?

Mental health may be hugely underfunded now......because you have dirtbags that are desperate to privatize it.

They have spent a decade shutting down beds in the US. There is no intention now, just as there was no intention when the ACA was passed, to deal with access and treatment of mental illness. The CEOs of insurance companies made a pretty penny off of what they could. Still do.

Never let a tragedy go to waste. What would lefties do without the crazies in this world? Why is the left wing media is still silent about the motive for the Vegas shooting? Is it possible that they all think the 58 people who were murdered were "just a bunch of redneck Trump supporters" who deserved to die? I seem to recall a mainstream media executive saying something like that. What about James Hodgkinson (who)? The guy was a democrat operative who tried to wipe out an entire republican baseball team with a semi-auto rifle. They found a list of every republican conservative congressman in his pocket. Did high profile democrats furnish him with the names? We will never know because the MSM buried the story even before they buried Hodgkinson.

Is it just possible ?

Mental health may be hugely underfunded now......because you have dirtbags that are desperate to privatize it.

They have spent a decade shutting down beds in the US. There is no intention now, just as there was no intention when the ACA was passed, to deal with access and treatment of mental illness. The CEOs of insurance companies made a pretty penny off of what they could. Still do.
It started in the UK under Thatcher. They introduced a cost effective solution called "Care in the Community" which was basically the community washing its hands of them. It has a body count natch.

Man shot wife, 2 kids, then self in Santa Clarita home, investigators say

Here is another family of four enjoying their second amendment freedoms on the same day as the citizens in the OP.
As a rhetorical aside, the premise of your ‘freedom’ threads fail as a hasty generalization fallacy – anecdotal accounts are not ‘representative’ of the whole.

They also fail as a false comparison fallacy – to compare the United States with other countries with more strict gun laws

Gun violence in America is the consequence of America being an inherently violent society, considerably more than other countries, having little to do with the availability of guns; a society where violence is glorified and sanctioned as a legitimate means of conflict resolution – from corporal punishment in our schools to capital punishment in our prisons.

You rail only against the tip of the iceberg.

Is it just possible ?

No they stab and burn them to death instead. Is that somehow better?

Is it just possible ?
Freedom must be consistently acknowledged and protected in order for freedom to have any value or meaning.

The American Constitution is not a ‘cafeteria plan,’ one cannot pick and choose the rights he likes and ignore the rights he doesn’t like.

Conservatives in the United States are infamous for this: they oppose the states placing restrictions on firearms yet support states’ efforts to compel a woman to give birth against her will, or denying same-sex couples access to marriage law.

The Second Amendment codifies an individual right to possess a firearm pursuant to lawful self-defense; seeking to place an undue burden on the right to obtain a firearm violates the Second Amendment.

Just as those who oppose abortion must find a way to end the practice which comports with 14th Amendment jurisprudence and the right to privacy, so too must those wishing to end gun violence find the means to do so which is consistent with the Second Amendment.

The freedom Americans enjoy is the freedom to find real, actual solutions to problems that do not jeopardize the rights and protected liberties of the people – a freedom unique to our Constitutional Republic, and lacking in most democracies.
Im not an expert on the US constitution but wasnt there a reference to a "well regulated militia" ?
You dont hear much about these organisations.

Forum List

Back