🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

More "freedom" going on - doesnt rate a mention

Family of 4 dies in Texas hotel shooting

A family of 4 dead. Mom shot her kids aged 5 and 10 and her husband.Then killed herself.

I wonder if those kids would still be alive if this woman found it difficult to get a gun ?

Is it just possible ?
Don’t need guns to kill your family if you are so inclined, Tammy:

Taxi driver convicted of murdering his two children
Endris Mohammed, from Birmingham, killed son, eight, and daughter, six, before trying to kill wife with gas explosion.

A father who killed his two young children by smothering them with a petrol-soaked cloth and then tried to kill his wife in a gas explosion has been found guilty of murder.

Endris Mohammed, a taxi driver, attempted to murder his wife, Penil Teklehaimanot, by tampering with a gas pipe and setting fire to the family home in Hamstead, Birmingham, jurors heard.

Muslim names keep popping every time I read about crime over there. I wonder if Tammy ever considered banning Muslims?

A family of 4 dead. Mom shot her kids aged 5 and 10 and her husband.Then killed herself.

I wonder if those kids would still be alive if this woman found it difficult to get a gun ?

Is it just possible ?
She could have easily killed them driving into a bridge abutment.

Ban cars and bridges.

Yet that is not the method she chose. That she chose to shoot them is about as clear an indicator of the root problem with gun possession: guns are simply too convenient a means for effecting fatal harm to others.

It's funny that the Left continues to rant for gun control - especially considering the damage it does to their political campaigns - when they have so completely lost the national war over it.
It's funny that the Left continues to rant for gun control
I speak only for myself, not "the Left." I don't care to control guns; I care to have the government exert a measure of control over the people who are mentally unfit to possess guns and the people who provide guns to such people. The nature and extent of control for which I'd advocate is that whereby people mentally unfit to posses guns are not permitted to lawfully obtain guns and whereby individuals/organizations are, as a matter of strict liability, held equally and jointly with the gun user/possessor culpable for whatever crimes the mentally unfit folks to whom they provided the gun(s) commit.

Might it be that we currently lack the legal and infrastructural means for implementing the ideas I above describe? It may be we don't, but effecting them is without question doable.

Is it just possible ?
Don’t need guns to kill your family if you are so inclined, Tammy:

Endris Mohammed, from Birmingham, killed son, eight, and daughter, six, before trying to kill wife with gas explosion.

A father who killed his two young children by smothering them with a petrol-soaked cloth and then tried to kill his wife in a gas explosion has been found guilty of murder.

Endris Mohammed, a taxi driver, attempted to murder his wife, Penil Teklehaimanot, by tampering with a gas pipe and setting fire to the family home in Hamstead, Birmingham, jurors heard.

Muslim names keep popping every time I read about crime over there. I wonder if Tammy ever considered banning Muslims?
Of course Tammy has not considered that. That would be RACIST in his mind. He chooses to believe whatever the left elite tell him to believe.

As such, he thinks it entirely appropriate that law abiding citizens must NEVER be allowed to have guns.

An alternate observation. IF someone gets to the point that they're going to murder someone they are close to, it can be assumed that they would do so regardless of having a gun or not. Personally, if my spouse goes whacko and decides to off me and mine, I should prefer to be shot in the head, than to have him rip me limb from limb (which he is more than capable of.) I would consider it a mercy from things I can imagine...

arsenic is so much more GENTEEL

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

Yet that is not the method she chose. That she chose to shoot them is about as clear an indicator of the root problem with gun possession: guns are simply too convenient a means for effecting fatal harm to others.

It's funny that the Left continues to rant for gun control - especially considering the damage it does to their political campaigns - when they have so completely lost the national war over it.
I speak only for myself, not "the Left." I don't care to control guns; I care to have the government exert a measure of control over the people who are mentally unfit to possess guns and the people who provide guns to such people. The nature and extent of control for which I'd advocate is that whereby people mentally unfit to posses guns are not permitted to lawfully obtain guns and whereby individuals/organizations are, as a matter of strict liability, held equally and jointly with the gun user/possessor culpable for whatever crimes the mentally unfit folks to whom they provided the gun(s) commit.

Might it be that we currently lack the legal and infrastructural means for implementing the ideas I above describe? It may be we don't, but effecting them is without question doable.
------------------------------------------ mentally unfit , according to WHO Xelor ??

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

I was speaking of the Left, not you specifically.

"Mentally unfit" people used to be removed from the streets, as did violent criminals. Today the revolving door of both the medical and justice industries flushes them both right back into the societal mix.

Being lawfully prohibited from possessing a firearm does not and likely has never precluded an unfit person from possessing one.

Deal with the criminals and the insane, as permanently as necessary. Leave real people and their guns alone.

Is it just possible ?

Flor De Maria Pineda Canas went into the psych ward at San Jacinto Methodist Hospital last year.

I wonder if she would have found another method had the gun not been available. Is it just possible?

Charlotte police: Mother kills two children, self in double murder-suicide

How about the one above? Or does it not count because it interferes with your "message".

While I realize that guns are an awesome political football, the common denominator in the vast majority of these shootings is mental illness. It isn't taken seriously in the US. It's damn sure not taken seriously in Texas.

An alternate observation. IF someone gets to the point that they're going to murder someone they are close to, it can be assumed that they would do so regardless of having a gun or not. Personally, if my spouse goes whacko and decides to off me and mine, I should prefer to be shot in the head, than to have him rip me limb from limb (which he is more than capable of.) I would consider it a mercy from things I can imagine...
Or they may calm down and decide not to kill you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

"Mentally unfit" people used to be removed from the streets, as did violent criminals. Today the revolving door of both the medical and justice industries flushes them both right back into the societal mix.

Being lawfully prohibited from possessing a firearm does not and likely has never precluded an unfit person from possessing one.

Deal with the criminals and the insane, as permanently as necessary. Leave real people and their guns alone.

Okay. TY for the clarification.

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

Yeah....considering there are over 16.3 million people who have permits to carry guns and over 600 million guns in this country, your post is really pretty stupid....

Is it the number of people killed or simply the tool that you have the problem with?

Indian man allegedly kills 14 family members with knife - CNN

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

Yes. She did choose to use a firearm.

That she chose to shoot them is a clear indication of a mental health issue.

Shooting someone with a firearm is convenient.

The firearms most of us own have never been used to fatally harm others.

Thomas has the belief that we should be disarmed.
I'm inclined to agree with that assertion; however, insofar as the Dickey Amendment prohibits the nation's foremost researchers from exploring the nature and extent to which that is indeed so, we just don't know whether it is or is not.

I have yet to hear any gun rights advocates advance proposals that one's right to exercise one's rights to lawful gun ownership and continued possession be predicated upon one's passing a mental stability examination. I mean really. How little concern must one have for the most basic wellbeing of others must one have to acknowledge the convenience factor and ascribe someone's murderous use of a gun to that factor combined with the person's being mentally unstable, yet reject/oppose initiatives that constrain gun possession to people who don't exhibit signs of any such instability?

That can be said of every gun owner/possessor, until they do thus use a gun. Nobody has a problem with people using their guns for lawful and moral purposes. The problem is that some gun owners don't use their guns for only such purposes and, at the moment, we have no means of interdicting or anticipating lawful gun owners'/possessors'/users' becoming unlawful users of their guns.

No...the Dickey Amendment does not stop research, it stops the CDC from advocating for gun control.....

And every gun Rights supporter here has advocated for losing your gun Rights if you are Adjudicated mentally ill to the point of being dangerous...not simply allowing nameless bureaucrats declaring you unfit simply because you have insomnia, or see a grief counselor......the abuse of any mental health exclusion by anti gunners such as yourself is too easy to predict.

Please....show us where any pro gun Rights group or supporter doesn't want dangerously mentally ill people from having guns.....

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

Yes. She did choose to use a firearm.

Shooting someone with a firearm is convenient.

Thomas has the belief that we should be disarmed.
I'm inclined to agree with that assertion; however, insofar as the Dickey Amendment prohibits the nation's foremost researchers from exploring the nature and extent to which that is indeed so, we just don't know whether it is or is not.

I have yet to hear any gun rights advocates advance proposals that one's right to exercise one's rights to lawful gun ownership and continued possession be predicated upon one's passing a mental stability examination. I mean really. How little concern must one have for the most basic wellbeing of others must one have to acknowledge the convenience factor and ascribe someone's murderous use of a gun to that factor combined with the person's being mentally unstable, yet reject/oppose initiatives that constrain gun possession to people who don't exhibit signs of any such instability?

That can be said of every gun owner/possessor, until they do thus use a gun. Nobody has a problem with people using their guns for lawful and moral purposes. The problem is that some gun owners don't use their guns for only such purposes and, at the moment, we have no means of interdicting or anticipating lawful gun owners'/possessors'/users' becoming unlawful users of their guns.

The problem is that some gun owners don't use their guns for only such purposes and, at the moment, we have no means of interdicting or anticipating lawful gun owners'/possessors'/users' becoming unlawful users of their guns

Yes...we do...Felons are not allowed to have guns...those adjudicated as dangerously mentally ill can't have guns....we have systems in place for keeping guns out of the hands of proven, dangerous people.......and normal, law abiding people do not just snap and use their guns for murder.....90% of murderers have long histories of crime and violence, they do not suddenly commit murder over a burnt dinner.....

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

We have everything you claim you want.......the biggest problem is that actual criminals, who have been caught repeatedly with illegal guns, and using them for crimes, keep being allowed out of jail, mainly by left wingers who fight to keep putting violent criminals back on the street...it is these criminals who drive almost all of our gun crime....not normal people who "lose it" and kill people....

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

Tell us.....is it the number of dead or is it simply the method that is the issue for you......because if it is the number of dead, you should be far more concerned about cars, not guns.....

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Vehicle deaths...2016

Car.......38,748

Gun murder.....2016

FBI....11,004

Expanded Homicide Data Table 4

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

And of course......we should ban Knives too....

Bellingham officials: Man killed wife, son with knife, then killed self

The Whatcom County medical examiner says that man killed his wife and son with "sharp force injuries to their necks" before killing himself.

Is it just possible ?

Flor De Maria Pineda Canas went into the psych ward at San Jacinto Methodist Hospital last year.

I wonder if she would have found another method had the gun not been available. Is it just possible?

Charlotte police: Mother kills two children, self in double murder-suicide

How about the one above? Or does it not count because it interferes with your "message".

While I realize that guns are an awesome political football, the common denominator in the vast majority of these shootings is mental illness. It isn't taken seriously in the US. It's damn sure not taken seriously in Texas.
Its shocking isnt it. You will never eliminate murder but you can make it less likely.

Man shot wife, 2 kids, then self in Santa Clarita home, investigators say

Here is another family of four enjoying their second amendment freedoms on the same day as the citizens in the OP.

Since Americans use their guns on average, 1,500,00 times a year to stop rapes, robberies and murders...according to bill clinton and barak obama......you must want all of those people to be raped, robbed and murdered instead of having their guns to stop those criminals....right?

And here....good guys with guns stopping criminals...

'I had to take care of things': Gun-wielding Texas mother scares off intruder
The family does not want to be identified, but wanted to share the story in hope that awareness can help in similar situations.

The mother was at home with the family's 3-month-old daughter Thursday night. Her husband was out of town working, but was coming home Friday to celebrate the first Christmas with their daughter.

After tossing and turning in bed for a while, the mother was not able to fall asleep and went to the living room around 11:30 p.m.

About an hour later, she heard the home alarm beep and her back door open.

Her instinct kicked in.

"I froze for a second and then I realized I needed to spring into action, I mean, I had my baby in the house. I was alone. My husband was away on business, so I had to take care of things," she said.

She grabbed a gun and went towards the back door, where she found a man standing in her kitchen.

She yelled at the man while pointing the gun at him, and her dog ran towards him, scaring him out of the back door.

She locked the door and called 911.
================

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/22/suspect-puts-gun-mans-head-gets-shot/

A suspect put a gun to a man’s head on Thursday only to flee under a barrage of bullets after the would-be victim pulled his own gun and opened fire.

The incident occurred in Philadelphia’s West Oak Lane.

According to 6 ABC, Rahkeim Kelly was “headed home from buying a soda” when the suspect in a hoodie approached and put a gun to his head. Kelly managed to move away quickly, take cover behind a car, draw his own gun, and open fire.

The suspect, 22-year-old Osirus Lester, fled the scene.

Kelly said, “I fired two shots first, then he tried to take off running. I fired one more, then he ended up dropping the gun. He ran off and I just went and secured the weapon.”

Lester was arrested within minutes with a gunshot wound to his wrist.

Philadelphia Police Capt. Sekou Kinnebrew said, “[Kelly] does have a valid permit to carry. We checked that out. He’s the victim of a robbery. He did attempt to retreat, taking cover behind a car. But the offender continued to aggress, and (the victim) had to defend himself.”
=====================

11/25/17

Auto shop employees credited with taking down accused Rockledge gunman

ROCKLEDGE — A man armed with a .45-caliber handgun and a lot of ammunition wandered onto an auto repair shop property and began firing in the parking lot Friday afternoon, police said.

The gunman killed one employee and paralyzed a second. That's when the employees at Schlenker Automotive fought back with equal force, Rockledge police chief Joseph La Sata said.

"The manager, who was a concealed weapons permit holder, came out and engaged in gunfire in the parking lot," La Sata said. "The manager fled back inside the building, being chased by the gunman. Another Schlenker employee, who also had concealed weapons permit, engaged in gunfire with the suspect."

Police said the suspect in the homicide is Robert Lorenzo Bailey Jr., 28, of Cocoa. He was shot twice and was in critical condition at Health First's Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne. Officers are keeping him under watch.
===================
11/15/17

Good Guy with Gun Stops Sex Assault on Hiking Trail

According to The Blaze, Josh Williams, 39, nearly left his handgun at home when heading out to the hiking trail on a dark morning back in September, but he felt the nagging sensation that he should take it anyway. That turned out to be the right call because while on the trail at 5:30 a.m., Williams heard a woman scream loud enough to get past his music-blaring earbuds.

In the darkness, Williams shined his flashlight and discovered a woman being sexually assaulted and approached the perpetrator.

“I came up, pulled my gun and told him to get off of her,” Williams recalled. He then asked the man to get on his knees and asked to see his hands: “That way I knew he didn’t have a weapon. And at that point he was no threat, so I didn’t feel the need to shoot him.”

The perp ran away but thanks to a good description from both the victim and Williams, police were able to later apprehend 22-year-old Richard McEachern and charge him with sexual assault.

The victim was very glad Williams decided to carry that day and used a gun to save her from a dangerous situation. That was the first time Williams ever pointed his weapon at another person, but it confirmed for him the importance of the Second Amendment:

“It’s dark, and I don’t know what’s out there, so I have it to protect myself and other people. That’s what it’s all about anyway — to help other people with it, not just myself.

“I didn’t think I’d ever have to pull it. Did I want to? No, not at all. But just … right place, right time.”

====================

11/11/17

81-year-old homeowner fatally shoots armed robber

A suspect was shot and killed when he tried to rob an 81-year-old man at gunpoint outside of the man’s home in Genoa, Arkansas, on Thursday afternoon.

Buddy Cates told KSLA that he walked outside of his home around 1:30 p.m. and came face to face with the suspect, who authorities are still working to identify.

Cates said the suspect was holding a “big pistol,” but Cates also had his hand in his pocket, gripping his own gun.

“The battle was one,” Cates recalled, noting that, between the two, at least a dozen shots were fired.

“Whoever got the biggest gun and fastest will be boss when it is all said and done,” Cates said. “In this case, it was me.”

Cates was uninjured, but the suspect died after he was taken to a hospital in Texarkana, not far from Cates’ home.

After the attempted robbery and subsequent shooting, three women were arrested in connection to the crime, according to reports from the Texarkana Gazette. Kiana Keshaun Montgomery, 21; Shaynesha Martin, 19; and Ke’Erica Turner, 20, are all facing charges for aggravated robbery and are being held at the Miller County Detention Center. Authorities did not say what part the women played in the robbery or whether they are believed to be responsible for other crimes.

11/4/17

Walmart shooting, where good guys didn't shoot

Colorado Walmart's Armed Innocents Hampered Police. Or Not. - The Truth About Guns

First, the police weren’t on scene when the killer fired his gun; they arrived after the perp had escaped. Second, the armed good guys didn’t shoot other armed good guys (no shots were fired by anyone other than the bad guy). And third, other reports indicate that the killer scarpered after he caught sight of armed opposition.

Given these facts one could easily argue that armed defenders prevented greater loss of life. And that all the anti-gun rights hysteria about the presence of armed innocents making\ cops’ jobs harder is a bunch of horsesh*t. I mean, how exactly did these armed Americans threaten public safety?

------

Nine-point-nine times out of ten, the police are not the first responders to an act of violence. The innocent people being attacked are the first responders. The idea that they should be disarmed to make it easier for armed police to respond — most often after the fact — is to say that it’s OK to sacrifice innocent life on the altar of imagined efficiency. It isn’t.

Besides, as National Association for Gun Rights Prez Dudley Brown told the Times, “In that situation, what are people supposed to do? Lay down on the floor and draw chalk marks around themselves?”

11/1/17

Dallas Homeowner's Story Proves Why Private Citizens Need Guns

For one Dallas homeowner, however, the nightmare became reality.
A man that police believe intended to rob a Lake Highlands home was shot early Monday morning.
It happened in the 9500 block of Moss Farm Lane near Abrams Road and Royal Lane.
The homeowner said the man first rang his doorbell around 5 a.m. He apologized for being at the wrong home and left.

A few minutes later the man came back, kicked in the door and forced his way inside. But the homeowner had a gun and opened fire, police said.

Neighbors said they heard about a half a dozen shots. When responding officers arrived they found the wounded suspect in the street. The suspect was taken to the hospital in critical condition. He is expected to survive, police said.
The homeowner and his wife were reportedly unhurt and are cooperating with investigators, which is to be expected. After all, it rarely gets to be a more clear case of self-defense than that. I mean, the suspect reportedly knew the house was occupied, yet busted the door in just the same. It’s not an unreasonable assumption to believe that he allegedly entered that home with harmful intent.
And he was shot for his troubles.
Now, he gets to recover from his wounds and contemplate his life choices that led him to get shot in some stranger’s house simply because he apparently thought he had the right to bust into someone else’s home. If he’s smart, he’ll realize he’s fortunate to be alive and seek the path of redemption.

10/20/17

Good guy with a gun stops kidnapping

It was habit, not heroism, that caused Justin Pearson to grab his gun.

But seconds later, that weapon enabled Pearson to stop a kidnapping taking place just outside his Las Vegas home on Oct. 5.

“We heard this real loud noise outside,” said Pearson, 36. “I opened up the door, and this big BMW goes flying by — 60 mph in a 25 mph zone. I dialed 911 immediately.”

As he always does before leaving his house, Pearson, a concealed-carry weapon permit holder, put his pistol on his hip. The 911 operator asked for a license plate number, so Pearson moved down the street to get it.

“He had lost control of the car and almost went into a house at the end of the street,” Pearson said. The BMW then turned around and stopped in front of a neighbor’s yard, where a 6-year-old boy was standing.

“About 50 yards in front of me, the driver grabs this young child and starts stuffing him in the car,” Pearson said.

“‘Holy crap, he just took a child, and he’s trying to stuff him into the car!’” Pearson remembers telling the operator.

Pearson is 6-foot-4 but makes a beanpole look stocky. The kidnapper, Pearson recalls, was a similar height, but was a “solid” 250 pounds.

“He was a very big dude, and I’m not a menacing person by any means,” Pearson said. “I don’t think I could have physically stopped the guy. It would have been super ugly if it was just me versus him.”

Fortunately, Pearson had a trump card — a Heckler & Koch VP9 pistol legally resting on his right hip.

“I carry a concealed firearm everywhere I go,” Pearson said. “I lifted up my shirt and put my hand on my gun.”

“‘Hey, stop!’ I said, real loud. He turned and looked at me. There was just enough of a delay for the kid to get out of the car. I know he saw the firearm.”

With the boy out of the car and an armed citizen staring him down, the man decided to drive away. Pearson and his still-holstered pistol stopped a kidnapping. Police wouldn’t arrive for 17 minutes.

“If I didn’t have a firearm, I don’t think there’s much I could have done,” Pearson said.

A Metropolitan Police Department spokeswoman confirmed many of the details in Pearson’s story, including the date, time and location. Pearson said — and Metro confirmed — that the would-be kidnapper was the boy’s biological father, who didn’t have parental rights or permission to take the child.

This isn’t the first time Pearson has used a firearm to stop a crime.

“Many years ago, I was carrying and a guy pulled a knife on a friend of mine,” Pearson said. “I quickly drew my firearm, and the kid ran away.”

These kinds of stories rarely make the news. But they happen more often than we realize and underscore an important point. Concealed-carry weapon permit holders prevent crimes.

Is it just possible ?

A gun is just a tool..

No better or worse than the person using it..

We would all be better served if we

could just ban liberalism.

It supports criminals and causes mental illness.

Man shot wife, 2 kids, then self in Santa Clarita home, investigators say

Here is another family of four enjoying their second amendment freedoms on the same day as the citizens in the OP.

Hmmmm....I guess it is the tool that is the issue with you...since your friends in Ireland murder their families too....

Dad who ‘stabbed wife and three sons in murder-suicide’ left chilling note to warn visitors

Gardai suspect that the boys — Liam, 13, Niall, 11, and six-year-old Ryan — were murdered in their beds as they slept.

They believe School Vice-Principal Hawe Alan Hawe, from Barconny, in Ballyjamesduff, stabbed his wife first before knifing his three boys at the family home yesterday morning.

Local man Mr Hawe, who is well known in the area, is believed to have turned the knife on himself after killing his partner and three boys.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back