More good news on the global warming front

World Ocean temperature according to NOAA which anyone can access for themselves:

Year Anomaly Rank

1997 0.46°C 8
1998 0.52°C 17
1999 0.33°C 1
2000 0.35°C 2
2001 0.45°C 6
2002 0.49°C 12
2003 0.52°C 17
2004 0.49°C 12
2005 0.50°C 15
2006 0.48°C 10
2007 0.41°C 5
2008 0.39°C 3
2009 0.50°C 15
2010 0.50°C 15
2011 0.40°C 4
2012 0.45°C 6
2013 0.48°C 10

The higher the rank the hotter.

Can anyone, with a shred of honesty say they see a heating trend?

I invite you all to go look for yourself, don't rely on pretty pictures go and do the search for yourself. The above were obtained with the following parameters:

Timescale: Annual
Start Year: 1997
End Year: 2014
Latitude Band:
Surface: Ocean

If you plot the temperature from 1997 to 2014 you will see a straight line.

Climate at a Glance | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

Quit wringing your hands and let's do something productive like fight actual pollution, especially in China, Russia and India. The US is doing its part.

LOL

Ocean heat???

LOL

Thanks for exposing your ignorance so clearly.

You must be one of those people who are like, "Since I never heard of it before just now, it must not be real!"

The oceans...you know those big deep wet things that cover 71 percent of the planet...are big drivers of the climate.

L.

O.

L.

Ocean heat content - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, and can you please share with us how a 120PPM increase in atmospheric CO2 raises the temperature in the Deep Pacific Ocean

We have the AGWCult theory as, a 120PPM CO2 increase will: raise temperature 2-8 degrees, lower ocean pH from 8.25 to 8.15 and now it will warm the oceans 700m deep. I need one (1) lab experiment that shows ANY of this much less all of this to convince me and all you need is to keep snorting the AGW Kool Aid

Quit wringing your hands and let's do something productive like fight actual pollution, especially in China, Russia and India. The US is doing its part.

I always wonder how someone can say we cannot effect the earth then say "lets fight pollution" like humans can effect the earth.

For those of you scared about GW, fear not.

For those of you scared of CC maybe you are onto something but I didn't think it had to do with temperate climates changing to polar.

July 2014 coldest on record in Indianapolis

July 2014 coldest on record in Indianapolis - TheIndyChannel.com

Quest for record low July temperature ends in tie

Lake Michigan Upwelling (20 deg. cooler then 2012)

Lake Michigan Upwelling | WOODTV.com Blogs

Meanwhile, the drought continues in California, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Texas, Oregon, Idaho, Colorado, Washington, Virginia, Connecticut, and Massachusetts.

But you trumped it all with...the city of Indianpolis! :eusa_clap:

Drought frequency in central California since 101 B.C. recorded in giant sequoia tree rings - ResearchGate

ABSTRACT Well replicated tree-ring width index chronologies have been developed for giant sequoia at three sites in the Sierra Nevada, California. ......... The frequency of low-growth events which occurred at all three sites in the same year is reconstructed from 101 B.C. to A.D. 1988. The inferred frequency of severe drought events changes through time, sometimes suddenly. The period from roughly 1850 to 1950 had one of the lowest frequencies of drought of any one hundred year period in the 2089 year record. The twentieth century so far has had a below-average frequency of extreme droughts.

Drought frequency in central California since 101 B.C. recorded in giant sequoia tree rings - ResearchGate

But indeed the people of CA do have something to worry about:

Severe Ancient Droughts: A Warning to California

BEGINNING about 1,100 years ago, what is now California baked in two droughts, the first lasting 220 years and the second 140 years. Each was much more intense than the mere six-year dry spells that afflict modern California from time to time, new studies of past climates show. The findings suggest, in fact, that relatively wet periods like the 20th century have been the exception rather than the rule in California for at least the last 3,500 years, and that mega-droughts are likely to recur.

Severe Ancient Droughts - A Warning to California - NYTimes.com

I think your concern would be catalogued as a natural occurring climate disruption.

But I guess the world warming isn't like warming a pot of water. Where as the water heats it is expected that not all of the water would be at the same temperature exactly but it all would be heating.

Why can't what I posted be looked at as good news? Especially if the increase in unemployment can be construed as a good thing and weak job growth as a sign of success?

But don't fret too much there is enough information in the article for a counter argument.

Last edited:
Shock U.S. Senate Report: Left-Wing 'Billionaire's Club' Using Environmentalism to Control the US Economy and Subvert Democracy

Shock U.S. Senate Report: Left-Wing 'Billionaire's Club' Using Environmentalism to Control the US Economy and Subvert Democracy

This is actually the thing that should scare us the most about GW/CC/CD. Apparently the left wing both hates corporations and loves them, quite interesting.

Your link states this:
The report details how an elite group of rich liberal donors such as Tom Steyer and Hank Paulson - "the Billionaire's Club" - is directing and controlling the far-left environmental movement, "which in turn lobbies and controls major policy decisions and lobbies on behalf of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)."

Now look, you cant complain about money in politics then defend money in politics. What did republicans think was going to happen?

Dems (small d) have been going crazy warning about the influence of Citizens United. Republicans defended it which is fine. But to turn around and complain about the money in politics that you just got finished defending is like....weird as hell.

Repubs just seem to be anti...Even Anti the things they support. Makes no sense

I always wonder how someone can say we cannot effect the earth then say "lets fight pollution" like humans can effect the earth.

Fighting pollution does not necessarily equate to being able to affect the Earth. :eusa_whistle:

This is actually the thing that should scare us the most about GW/CC/CD. Apparently the left wing both hates corporations and loves them, quite interesting.

Your link states this:
The report details how an elite group of rich liberal donors such as Tom Steyer and Hank Paulson - "the Billionaire's Club" - is directing and controlling the far-left environmental movement, "which in turn lobbies and controls major policy decisions and lobbies on behalf of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)."

Now look, you cant complain about money in politics then defend money in politics. What did republicans think was going to happen?

Should I just quit posting and have you post what I am complaining about?

Dems (small d) have been going crazy warning about the influence of Citizens United. Republicans defended it which is fine. But to turn around and complain about the money in politics that you just got finished defending is like....weird as hell.

As the Bible says, money isn't the problem it is what is done with the money.

Repubs just seem to be anti...Even Anti the things they support. Makes no sense

Dems are just as anti, anti-American, anti-white people, anti-Constitution, Anti-unborn..... We could play this game all day.

The "Earth" doesn't give a crap what we do, it was here long before us and will be long after. Pollution isn't an "EARTH" thing it is local it is harmful, no one is for pollution except those who profit by it, they need stopped. But GW? That is just a scam, in my opinion.

The "Earth" doesn't give a crap what we do, it was here long before us and will be long after. Pollution isn't an "EARTH" thing it is local it is harmful, no one is for pollution except those who profit by it, they need stopped. But GW? That is just a scam, in my opinion.

Exactly what I just said so why did you say fighting pollution is more "productive"? When it doesnt do anything?

Exactly what I just said so why did you say fighting pollution is more "productive"? When it doesnt do anything?

Eye appeal :eusa_whistle:

Driven by Ocean Heat, World Sets Mark for Hottest June

The world just experienced its hottest June on record. The heat was driven in large by part by the hottest ocean temperatures since recordkeeping began more than 130 years ago. That makes this the third-warmest start to the year.

assets-climatecentral-org-images-uploads-news-7_21_14_Brian_GlobalTempsJune2014-720x556.gif

The fact is simple, the planet is getting hotter, and most likely, the burning of fossil fuels has a lot to do with it.

Bachmann-10-20-11-color.jpg

According to your heat map it was near normal in Texas. I know damn good and well it's been well below average. So why should I trust the rest of the data?

I'm sitting on my porch right now and it's 82 degrees...in August...in Texas. I think we've hit 100 one time this summer.

For those of you scared about GW, fear not.

For those of you scared of CC maybe you are onto something but I didn't think it had to do with temperate climates changing to polar.

July 2014 coldest on record in Indianapolis

July 2014 coldest on record in Indianapolis - TheIndyChannel.com

Lake Michigan Upwelling (20 deg. cooler then 2012)

Lake Michigan Upwelling | WOODTV.com Blogs

You denier cultists are such idiots. A couple of low temperatures in one small region are (according to you) super important enough to "disprove" AGW, but the entire rest of the planet should be ignored? You dingbats are sooooo gullible and easy to fool.

Here's some facts that denier cult nutjobs like you have to ignore.

GLOBALLY.....

* Sixteen years ago 1998 became the hottest year on record by a considerable margin.

* Currently 2010 is tied with 2005 as the hottest year on record, in records going back to the 1800s.

* 2013 was the fourth hottest year on record.

* The last decade was the hottest decade on record, as was the decade before that and the decade before that, in turn.

* All of the hottest years on record have occurred since 1998.

* The coldest years since 1998 are still hotter than all of the hottest years before 1998.

* This last November 2013 was the hottest November on record globally.

* This last April 2014 was tied with April 2010 as the hottest April on record globally.

* This last May was the hottest May on record globally.

* This last June was the hottest June on record globally.

* This last June was the 352nd consecutive month (29 years) with global average temperatures higher than the average temperature for that month, averaged over the entire twentieth century.

* The Arctic ice cap is still rapidly melting away.

* Large areas northern permafrost are still rapidly melting.

* Greenland and Antarctica are still losing ice mass at increasing rates.

* The large majority of mountain glaciers are still rapidly melting and disappearing.

* Sea levels are still rising at an accelerating rate.

The world just experienced its hottest June on record. The heat was driven in large by part by the hottest ocean temperatures since recordkeeping began more than 130 years ago. That makes this the third-warmest start to the year.

assets-climatecentral-org-images-uploads-news-7_21_14_Brian_GlobalTempsJune2014-720x556.gif

The fact is simple, the planet is getting hotter, and most likely, the burning of fossil fuels has a lot to do with it.

Bachmann-10-20-11-color.jpg

According to your heat map it was near normal in Texas. I know damn good and well it's been well below average. So why should I trust the rest of the data?

I'm sitting on my porch right now and it's 82 degrees...in August...in Texas. I think we've hit 100 one time this summer.

yeah, he shows the whole northeast as above average. Funny things, liar posts. Perhaps it was the alternate earth.

Probably not from fossil fuels.....odds on favorite is cyclical.

Ignorant bullcrap!!!

The current abrupt warming trend is certainly being caused by the 43% increase in atmospheric CO2 that mankind has produced.

You nutbagger denier cultists talk a lot about the warming being caused by "natural cycles" but you can never actually specify just which natural cycles are supposedly responsible. Obviously because you're scientific ignorant retards parroting a denier cult propaganda meme. There are no natural cycles that could be causing the current warming. In fact, the natural cycles caused by the Earth's variations in orbit and axial tilt have had the Earth is a long slow cooling trend for the last 6 thousand years or so until mankind's carbon emissions and the greenhouse effect put the world into an abrupt warming trend.

Ignorant bullcrap!!!

The current abrupt warming trend is certainly being caused by the 43% increase in atmospheric CO2 that mankind has produced.

You nutbagger denier cultists talk a lot about the warming being caused by "natural cycles" but you can never actually specify just which natural cycles are supposedly responsible. Obviously because you're scientific ignorant retards parroting a denier cult propaganda meme. There are no natural cycles that could be causing the current warming. In fact, the natural cycles caused by the Earth's variations in orbit and axial tilt have had the Earth is a long slow cooling trend for the last 6 thousand years or so until mankind's carbon emissions and the greenhouse effect put the world into an abrupt warming trend.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Ignorant bullcrap!!!

With such a post as yours, you must have irrefutable evidence to back up your claim.
You don't, so I can only assume you're being driven by your religious faith. :eusa_whistle:

Ignorant bullcrap!!!

The current abrupt warming trend is certainly being caused by the 43% increase in atmospheric CO2 that mankind has produced.p

With such a post as yours, you must have irrefutable evidence to back up your claim.

There is sufficient evidence supporting anthropogenic global warming to convince virtually the entire world scientific community. There are no scientific organizations, societies, or national academies with any national or international standing who dispute the fact that mankind's carbon emissions are the driving force behind the current abrupt warming trend. Only you anti-science denier cult dingbats, bamboozled by the deceitful propaganda of the fossil fuel industry, idiotically deny these scientific facts.

You don't,
That's another of your moronic and very fallacious denier cult myths.

so I can only assume you're being driven by your religious faith.
And there's another idiotic assumption based only on your own ignorance of the facts and your unfortunate rightwingnut brainwashing which has fooled you into believing so many things that aren't true.

BTW, nutbagger, i challenged you to name the supposed natural "cycles" that you falsely claimed are causing the current warming trend. And of course, you can't, because there aren't any.

Forum List

Back