More guns keeping us safe.......

People who carry guns are most likely to use them
people who illegally carry guns are more likely to use them
Those who lawfully carry them only use them when others use them illegally.

I walked around with an " illegal " (not registered ) 38 special for years .Its even been in the Empire state buildingbefore they had metal detectors

I did business with someone on the 44th floor...i was in there all the time

Never had to use it ...BUt would of if i absolutely had to
None of my firearms are registered there is no law requiring that they are registered
So I have no clue what your saying.
So you can easily sell a gun to a criminal and nobody is the wiser

You are part of the problem

Criminals get all of their guns illegally, since they are forbidden by law from buying, owning or carrying guns....and their primary source are friends and family who can pass Federal background checks......their baby mommas, girlfriends, grandmas, mothers, sisters........

It is already against the law for a criminals to buy, own or carry a gun. When we catch a criminal with a gun, they can already be arrested and put in jail...

We have that law already.......
And the typical gun owner is an open source of criminals getting guns

I know a guy who has a gun he is trying to get rid of.......Interested?

I walked around with an " illegal " (not registered ) 38 special for years .Its even been in the Empire state buildingbefore they had metal detectors

None of my firearms are registered there is no law requiring that they are registered

Criminals get all of their guns illegally, since they are forbidden by law from buying, owning or carrying guns....and their primary source are friends and family who can pass Federal background checks......their baby mommas, girlfriends, grandmas, mothers, sisters........

It is already against the law for a criminals to buy, own or carry a gun. When we catch a criminal with a gun, they can already be arrested and put in jail...

Straw purchase will have to pass this information on to my brothers

Wrong......criminals break the law......you don't infringe on the Rights of normal people because of criminals.

I am not that into guns...so no.

Again....criminals already know it is against the law for them to buy, own or carry guns, and if they do any of that, we can already arrest them.

Dodge.

The fact is that people who legally carry a concealed weapon are the least likely to commit any crime

People who carry guns are most likely to use them

Never know when King Kong will show up
Got to be prepared
The city was a lot more dangerous then your sheltered suburban plastic bix box lily white nazi shithole ..

oh yeah i'd totally sell it to some random street rat .....really little girl ?
really

Jeses h lady get a grip

Lol
An individuals firearm ownership in none of your fucking business... Weasel boy

Wrong......criminals break the law......you don't infringe on the Rights of normal people because of criminals.

Again....criminals already know it is against the law for them to buy, own or carry guns, and if they do any of that, we can already arrest them.
And unrestricted sales from law abiding gun owners are a source of guns for criminal activities

And unrestricted sales from law abiding gun owners are a source of guns for criminal activities

So......we already have laws that state that criminals can't buy, own or carry guns. When we catch them with a gun, we can arrest them....problem solved.

The real issue is that after we catch them with the illegal gun, democrats like you let them out of jail on bond, and our of prison on reduced sentences, no matter how many times they are caught with those illegal guns.

You have the wrong end of the problem....we catch criminals with guns easily, the hard part is keeping democrats from letting them out of jail, over and over again.

By the way.....there is no such thing as an unrestricted sale to a criminal...the criminal already knows it is against the law for them to buy, own or carry a gun.....we can already arrest them when they do this. We already have those laws on the book.

Problem solved.

But but but..........................with all those guns the US should be safer. And the stats show that it isn't. Why is that?
You've been shown statistics, probably a dozen times in this thread alone that the U.S. IS safer after a dramatic increase in the number of guns in private hands. You continue to ignore the facts and spouting the Progressive party line.
Are you just ignorant, or simply stupid?
What’s been shown dozens of times in this thread are post hoc fallacies – not ‘statistics.’

The fact is that the U.S. IS NOT safer after an increase in the number of guns in private hands, ‘dramatic’ or otherwise:

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/do-guns-make-us-safer-science-suggests-no/

The NRA's theory that more guns mean less crime is debunked in a new Stanford analysis

Consequently, you’re in no position question anyone’s ignorance or stupidity.

And you are wrong.....again...

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
Interesting how gun nuts always use 1993 as a point of comparison
1993 was a spike in the murder rate due to the Crack Wars
After the crack epidemic subsided, so did murder rates across the nation
They went down in areas with lots of guns and went down in areas with strict gun control
1994 Clintons assault weapons ban that did not stop any mass shootings.
Wrong again Reb but I`m sure you`re used to it.
The Assault Weapons Ban: Did It Curtail Mass Shootings?

So......we already have laws that state that criminals can't buy, own or carry guns. When we catch them with a gun, we can arrest them....problem solved.

The real issue is that after we catch them with the illegal gun, democrats like you let them out of jail on bond, and our of prison on reduced sentences, no matter how many times they are caught with those illegal guns.

You have the wrong end of the problem....we catch criminals with guns easily, the hard part is keeping democrats from letting them out of jail, over and over again.
We need laws that stop people from selling guns to criminals

Laws without endless loopholes

By the way.....there is no such thing as an unrestricted sale to a criminal...the criminal already knows it is against the law for them to buy, own or carry a gun.....we can already arrest them when they do this. We already have those laws on the book.

Problem solved.
Now we need to arrest those who sell guns to criminals

We need laws that stop people from selling guns to criminals

Laws without endless loopholes

We already have it...criminals are not allowed to buy, sell or carry guns......problem solved.

There are no loopholes...at no time, or for any reason, can a criminal buy, own or carry a gun. If they are caught with a gun, they can be arrested and put in prison.....where the democrats will then release them so they can go on to shoot people...

Problem solved.

Don't need to....since criminals use straw buyers to buy their guns or they steal them.......the straw buyer can buy the gun legally ......and then breaks the law by selling the gun to the criminal...that act is already against the law. Again, since you don't seem to get it....it is already against the law for the criminal to buy, own or carry a gun, regardless of who is selling it.....that is already against the law, so we can arrest them, now, and put them in jail....

And then the democrats will let them go.

You've been shown statistics, probably a dozen times in this thread alone that the U.S. IS safer after a dramatic increase in the number of guns in private hands. You continue to ignore the facts and spouting the Progressive party line.
What’s been shown dozens of times in this thread are post hoc fallacies – not ‘statistics.’

The fact is that the U.S. IS NOT safer after an increase in the number of guns in private hands, ‘dramatic’ or otherwise:

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/do-guns-make-us-safer-science-suggests-no/

The NRA's theory that more guns mean less crime is debunked in a new Stanford analysis

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
They went down in areas with lots of guns and went down in areas with strict gun control

Moron....the Assault weapon ban didn't curtail mass shootings...anyone who says it did is lying....as your link is lying...

How stupid are you? Really?

Entire family in critical condition after road rage shooting set off fireworks in car

Authorities say the family was driving in their truck in Harris County when the father got into a dispute with another driver on the road.

Both drivers eventually pulled into a gas station, where the second driver pulled out a gun. The father attempted to drive off, but when the second driver fired toward his truck, the gunshots struck the vehicle and set off fireworks that the family was carrying, police said.

More guns keeping us safe

Problem solved.

Don't need to....since criminals use straw buyers to buy their guns or they steal them.......the straw buyer can buy the gun legally ......and then breaks the law by selling the gun to the criminal...that act is already against the law. Again, since you don't seem to get it....it is already against the law for the criminal to buy, own or carry a gun, regardless of who is selling it.....that is already against the law, so we can arrest them, now, and put them in jail....

And then the democrats will let them go.
These laws are mostly unenforceable which how our bought and paid for politicians designed them. I can buy 3 assault weapons today and sell them to whoever I want. When they`re used in a crime and the police show up at my door I only need to say they were stolen. The NRA beat down a proposal to make the reporting of stolen guns mandatory. They`re a lobby group for crazies, criminals and terrorists.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Here is actual research......

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/204431.pdf

The decline in the use of AWs has been due primarily to a reduction in the use of assault pistols (APs), which are used in crime more commonly than assault rifles (ARs). There has not been a clear decline in the use of ARs, though assessments are complicated by the rarity of crimes with these weapons and by substitution of post-ban rifles that are very similar to the banned AR models.
--------

Should it be renewed, the ban’s effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement. AWs were rarely used in gun crimes even before the ban.

Forum List

Back