More guns keeping us safe.......

More guns = more gun crime
Its got fuck all to do with anything else.

Except here in the U.S.....again.....you can't explain the following facts, so you ignore them...

More Americans buy, own and carry guns over the last 26 years...gun murder goes down 49%.

More Americans buy, own and carry guns over the last 26 years...gun crime goes down 75%.

More Americans buy, own, and carry guns over the last 26 years....violent crime goes down 72%.

Those are facts. That is actually what happened when more Americans own and actually carry guns...

So your Theory...more guns = more gun crime is obviously stupid...since the actual facts and reality show the exact opposite happened...

And on your side of the pond.....Britain had a low gun murder rate when they were allowed to own guns.

Britain banned and confiscated guns.

Gun murder spiked for 10 years.

After that 10 years, the gun murder rate returned to the same level as before they banned and confiscated guns.

So your Theory, from your own experience, is again....crap.
But but but..........................with all those guns the US should be safer. And the stats show that it isn't. Why is that?
You've been shown statistics, probably a dozen times in this thread alone that the U.S. IS safer after a dramatic increase in the number of guns in private hands. You continue to ignore the facts and spouting the Progressive party line.
Are you just ignorant, or simply stupid?
What’s been shown dozens of times in this thread are post hoc fallacies – not ‘statistics.’

The fact is that the U.S. IS NOT safer after an increase in the number of guns in private hands, ‘dramatic’ or otherwise:

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/do-guns-make-us-safer-science-suggests-no/

The NRA's theory that more guns mean less crime is debunked in a new Stanford analysis

Consequently, you’re in no position question anyone’s ignorance or stupidity.

And you are wrong.....again...

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
Interesting how gun nuts always use 1993 as a point of comparison
1993 was a spike in the murder rate due to the Crack Wars
After the crack epidemic subsided, so did murder rates across the nation
They went down in areas with lots of guns and went down in areas with strict gun control

I saved a life last night and didn't even have to draw my pistol all it took was lift my shirt and reveal the pistol grip and they ran.
Did you file a report with the police? I didn`t think so. You would be in trouble for filing a fake police report. A bus load of home invaders pulled into my driveway last week but when I came out of the house with an armload of assault weapons they took off like scared rabbits. I didn`t call the police either. :)
Typical gun owner fantasy about chasing off bad guys

My gun makes me a bad ass
Typical response from a person who can't do anything but spout the same trite nonsense.

How many of the millions of people who legally carry a gun every day go on rampages over a parking space ?
Too many

Dodge.

The fact is that people who legally carry a concealed weapon are the least likely to commit any crime

People who carry guns are most likely to use them

Did you file a report with the police? I didn`t think so. You would be in trouble for filing a fake police report. A bus load of home invaders pulled into my driveway last week but when I came out of the house with an armload of assault weapons they took off like scared rabbits. I didn`t call the police either. :)

Typical response from a person who can't do anything but spout the same trite nonsense.

How many of the millions of people who legally carry a gun every day go on rampages over a parking space ?
Too many

Dodge.

The fact is that people who legally carry a concealed weapon are the least likely to commit any crime

people who illegally carry guns are more likely to use them
Those who lawfully carry them only use them when others use them illegally.

Except here in the U.S.....again.....you can't explain the following facts, so you ignore them...

More Americans buy, own and carry guns over the last 26 years...gun murder goes down 49%.

More Americans buy, own and carry guns over the last 26 years...gun crime goes down 75%.

More Americans buy, own, and carry guns over the last 26 years....violent crime goes down 72%.

Those are facts. That is actually what happened when more Americans own and actually carry guns...

So your Theory...more guns = more gun crime is obviously stupid...since the actual facts and reality show the exact opposite happened...

And on your side of the pond.....Britain had a low gun murder rate when they were allowed to own guns.

After that 10 years, the gun murder rate returned to the same level as before they banned and confiscated guns.

But but but..........................with all those guns the US should be safer. And the stats show that it isn't. Why is that?
You've been shown statistics, probably a dozen times in this thread alone that the U.S. IS safer after a dramatic increase in the number of guns in private hands. You continue to ignore the facts and spouting the Progressive party line.
What’s been shown dozens of times in this thread are post hoc fallacies – not ‘statistics.’

The fact is that the U.S. IS NOT safer after an increase in the number of guns in private hands, ‘dramatic’ or otherwise:

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/do-guns-make-us-safer-science-suggests-no/

The NRA's theory that more guns mean less crime is debunked in a new Stanford analysis

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
They went down in areas with lots of guns and went down in areas with strict gun control
1994 Clintons assault weapons ban that did not stop any mass shootings.

Potential active shooter has a change of heart after seeing “Gun Free Zone” sign
More proof and evidence that gun laws will stop mass shooters

gun-free-zone.jpg

In another major victory in the progressive movement to ban guns, a potential mass shooter changed his mind entirely after seeing a “Gun Free Zone” sign at a local park in California. If there’s one thing we know for sure, it’s that people who are soul-set on killing as many people as possible due to inner turmoil or mental illness will stop dead in their tracks when they see that guns aren’t allowed in the area.

The potential shooter’s identity is kept confidential but inside sources provided a quote from him when he turned himself into the police. Here’s what he said:

I woke up this morning with my Assault Rifle 15 in my hand and decided that I wanted to shoot a bunch of people at the park today. I drove over this afternoon and got my assault rifle out, loaded it but then I saw a sign that said “Gun Free Zone.” I don’t like breaking rules and I felt ashamed that I was currently holding a gun in a zone where guns were prohibited. I quickly came here to the police station to turn myself in.

This is just more proof that gun laws work. If we ban guns entirely and repeal the second amendment, bad guys won’t have guns either – and the ones who do will simply turn their firearms in to the local police station. This is why we need to vote blue. This is why we need to vote Democrat. This is why we need to vote for Bernie in 2020.

Too many

Dodge.

Sometimes

Potential active shooter has a change of heart after seeing “Gun Free Zone” sign

gun-free-zone.jpg

In another major victory in the progressive movement to ban guns, a potential mass shooter changed his mind entirely after seeing a “Gun Free Zone” sign at a local park in California. If there’s one thing we know for sure, it’s that people who are soul-set on killing as many people as possible due to inner turmoil or mental illness will stop dead in their tracks when they see that guns aren’t allowed in the area.

The potential shooter’s identity is kept confidential but inside sources provided a quote from him when he turned himself into the police. Here’s what he said:

I woke up this morning with my Assault Rifle 15 in my hand and decided that I wanted to shoot a bunch of people at the park today. I drove over this afternoon and got my assault rifle out, loaded it but then I saw a sign that said “Gun Free Zone.” I don’t like breaking rules and I felt ashamed that I was currently holding a gun in a zone where guns were prohibited. I quickly came here to the police station to turn myself in.

This is just more proof that gun laws work. If we ban guns entirely and repeal the second amendment, bad guys won’t have guns either – and the ones who do will simply turn their firearms in to the local police station. This is why we need to vote blue. This is why we need to vote Democrat. This is why we need to vote for Bernie in 2020.
Which Gun Free Zones do you want to abolish?

Do you want guns on airplanes?
At sporting events?
You want visitors to schools carrying guns?
Drunks in a bar?

Too many

Dodge.

I walked around with an " illegal " (not registered ) 38 special for years .Its even been in the Empire state buildingbefore they had metal detectors

I did business with someone on the 44th floor...i was in there all the time

Never had to use it ...BUt would of if i absolutely had to

gun-free-zone.jpg

j-jameson-laugh-~-caption-free-19223232.png

Too many

Dodge.

I walked around with an " illegal " (not registered ) 38 special for years .Its even been in the Empire state buildingbefore they had metal detectors

None of my firearms are registered there is no law requiring that they are registered
So I have no clue what your saying.

Too many

Dodge.

Sometimes
Wrong

Too many

Dodge.

Never know when King Kong will show up
Got to be prepared

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

And you either don't understand the importance of that link and quote in the discussion, or you do, and you desperately want to hide it............

The entire premise of you and the other anti-gun extremists is that more guns = more gun crime.

Crack epidemic, increased police techniques and technology are beside the point.

The point you need to hide........that as PEW shows....as more Americans went out, bought guns and then decided to carry them.......in the vast millions........gun crime went down...it did not go up. Gun murder went down, it did not go up.

That means, if you are following.....that more guns does not equal more gun crime...which means that law abiding people who own and carry guns do not increase any crime rate with or without guns...

So your focus on access to guns is wrong....more guns does not equal more gun crime.

Your entire theory of your belief system is wrong......and you need to hide that from the uninformed Americans in this country if you want to ban and confiscate guns.

Dodge.

None of my firearms are registered there is no law requiring that they are registered
So you can easily sell a gun to a criminal and nobody is the wiser

You are part of the problem

Dodge.

Got to be prepared
you believe in giant gorillas? WOW thank God you don't have any guns.

Dodge.

I don't do red herring try again

gun-free-zone.jpg

Which Gun Free Zones do you want to abolish?

Do you want guns on airplanes?
At sporting events?
You want visitors to schools carrying guns?
Drunks in a bar?

Airplanes...no......as long as there is armed security and everyone goes through a detector, a confined space like an aircraft can be gun free.....until the killers decide to use boxcutters.

Sporting events? Why not have guns? As long as they are used legally, which would be not at all unless a terrorist attack happens, normal people will simply enjoy the game and keep their gun in its holster.

Visitors carrying guns to school...again, why not? School shooters already bring guns to gun free school zones.....if normal people simply carried their legal guns with them in their holsters to pick up their kids, to drop them off, to drop off homework, or pick kids up for a dentist appointment, school shooters would stop attacking schools. And since normal people don't shoot other people, the parents and other visitors would simply do their business at the school with their gun in its holster, and nothing would happen.

Bars? Lots of states already allow you to carry a gun into a bar, you just can't drink...just like you can't drink if you are the designated driver.....in fact, Virginia allowed carrying guns in bars and the crime rate in bars went down, not up.......

So nothing you want to bring up is a problem.....

Carrying guns in bars....

Allowing guns into bars has 'surprising' result - WND - WND

When Virginia passed a law allowing concealed carry in bars and alcohol-serving restaurants beginning July 1 of last year, opponents of the change decried the dangers of mixing guns and alcohol, for fear violent crimes would escalate.

But one year later, the Richmond Times-Dispatch did a study to see if the gloomy prognostications came true.

According to state police records, not only did gun violence in bars and restaurants not increase under the new law, it decreased by 5.2 percent.

In fact, of the 145 reported crimes with guns that occurred in Virginia bars and restaurants in fiscal 2010-11 (compared to 153 incidents in the year before the new law took effect), only two of the aggravated assault cases were related to concealed-carry permit holders. In one incident, the crime took place at a restaurant that didn’t serve alcohol – thus unrelated to the new law – and in the other, the weapon was neither discharged nor withdrawn from its holster.

“The numbers basically just confirm what we’ve said would happen if the General Assembly changed the law,” Philip Van Cleave, president of the pro-gun Virginia Citizens Defense League, told the Times-Dispatch. “Keep in mind what the other side was saying – that this was going to be a blood bath, that restaurants will be dangerous and people will stop going. But there was nothing to base the fear-mongering on.”

Read more at Allowing guns into bars has 'surprising' result - WND - WND

More.....actual research by Richmond Times-Dispatch

Gun crimes drop at Virginia bars and restaurants

The number of major crimes involving firearms at bars and restaurants statewide declined 5.2 percent from July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2011, compared with the fiscal year before the law went into effect, according to crime data compiled by Virginia State Police at the newspaper's request.

--------------------------

At The Times-Dispatch's request, state police pulled from their computerized database all major crimes at bars and restaurants reported by local law-enforcement agencies across Virginia for two successive fiscal years. The Times-Dispatch then contacted more than a dozen police departments in Virginia for more detailed information on all aggravated assaults, homicides and sexual assaults involving firearms at those businesses.
Reported robberies were not analyzed because they tend to involve premeditated crimes by perpetrators openly displaying guns, and many of the affected businesses are chain restaurants that don't serve alcohol.
Only two fatal shootings occurred during the last fiscal year — one outside a Petersburg nightclub and the other at a Radford restaurant — but neither involved concealed-gun permit holders. And only two of the 18 aggravated assaults reported could be linked definitively to concealed-carry holders.
Several other cases appear to have involved hidden guns, but the suspects either didn't have a concealed permit, or they fled the scene before they could be identified and arrested.
One of the few unambiguous cases of a concealed-gun permit holder breaking the law occurred on July 28, 2010 — 27 days after the law became active — at a deli in York County. In that case, a patron who had been drinking heavily with a gun concealed in his pocket allegedly sexually harassed a female waitress and, at one point, placed his hand over his hidden gun so the waitress could see its outline.
After making a comment the waitress construed as a threat, the man left but was stopped a short time later by police. They recovered a .380-caliber pistol from his pants pocket and charged him with driving under the influence, brandishing a firearm and carrying a concealed weapon.
He was charged with the latter offense — even though he had a permit to carry the gun — because he had been drinking in the deli while in possession of a concealed firearm. The law forbids concealed-gun permit holders to drink alcohol while they are inside bars and restaurants with guns hidden from view. Patrons who legally carry firearms openly into bars and restaurants can drink freely.
Authorities confiscated the man's concealed-gun permit, but the brandishing and concealed weapon charges were eventually withdrawn by prosecutors. He was convicted of driving while drunk.
In another case closer to home, a Hopewell man with a concealed-carry permit was arrested in June after police said he brandished a gun in the parking lot of a chain restaurant after a verbal dispute escalated into a fight among several patrons. No shots were fired, but punches were thrown.
Although the man pulled a concealed weapon during the fight, the new law didn't really apply because the restaurant where the incident occurred doesn't serve alcohol. The man was convicted last month of brandishing the gun — which he appealed — and a malicious-wounding charge was certified to a Hopewell grand jury.
Aside from the two homicides, the only assault that resulted in a person being shot occurred in February outside a Virginia Beach restaurant and bar. The shooting followed an altercation inside the restaurant. Several unknown men were asked to leave, and the victim was shot and wounded as he walked toward a male in an adjacent parking lot, police said.
But because the suspect was never identified and arrested, police don't know whether the shooter was carrying a concealed gun or whether he had a permit to carry it.

Dodge.

Criminals get all of their guns illegally, since they are forbidden by law from buying, owning or carrying guns....and their primary source are friends and family who can pass Federal background checks......their baby mommas, girlfriends, grandmas, mothers, sisters........

It is already against the law for a criminals to buy, own or carry a gun. When we catch a criminal with a gun, they can already be arrested and put in jail...

We have that law already.......

Dodge.

Got to be prepared
you believe in giant gorillas? WOW thank God you don't have any guns.

Just as much as hordes of assassins in the Empire State Building

Forum List

Back