More lefties learn the glory of the 15 dollar minimum wage....unemployment.....

That and ready made welfare recipients that will vote for more hand outs.

Low wages help create welfare recipients.

poor life choices and easy access to government handouts creates welfare recipients.

And you think it's better to have welfare rather than increasing minimum wage?
False choice. Increasing the minimum wage means more people without ANY job at all.

That's funny we have increased min wage many times and that has never happened.
Really? How easy is it for a teenager trying to break into the job market by pumping gas?

Low wages help create welfare recipients.

poor life choices and easy access to government handouts creates welfare recipients.

False choice. Increasing the minimum wage means more people without ANY job at all.

Really? How easy is it for a teenager trying to break into the job market by pumping gas?

Yes really. Unemployment has not been effected by min wage increases.

Great! Then why not increase it to $100/hour and make everyone rich?

The answer, of course, is that we can't without also eliminating jobs. Thus, it matters how high and how fast you raise it. If we jump overnight from $7/hour to $15/hour, more jobs are lost than if we raise it from $7/hour to $8/hour. Keeping any increase below inflation results in fewer jobs lost, but that's not what most increase advocates want. They seem to believe that you can eliminate poverty without impacting jobs. You can't.

The answer, of course, is that we can't without also eliminating jobs. Thus, it matters how high and how fast you raise it. If we jump overnight from $7/hour to $15/hour, more jobs are lost than if we raise it from $7/hour to $8/hour. Keeping any increase below inflation results in fewer jobs lost, but that's not what most increase advocates want. They seem to believe that you can eliminate poverty without impacting jobs. You can't.

You can't seriously think it would just jump to 15. Even in Seattle it will be years before it reaches 15. Fact is previous increases have not done what you claim. You are wrong.

Tell that to teenagers....highest unemployment rate is for that age group...why hire a teenager when you can hire an adult who lost their job because of the minimum wage.....

You can't seriously think it would just jump to 15. Even in Seattle it will be years before it reaches 15. Fact is previous increases have not done what you claim. You are wrong.
Obviously, I am not. As I said, if raising the MW has NO impact on jobs, let's just raise it to $100/hr and be done with poverty altogether. And, while you're considering that, ask yourself WHY Seattle is taking years to raise its MW to $15/hr. If you answer that honestly, you will find that what I said is correct.

Tell that to teenagers....highest unemployment rate is for that age group...why hire a teenager when you can hire an adult who lost their job because of the minimum wage.....

Please share a link showing all these unemployed teenagers who can't find work.

Obviously, I am not. As I said, if raising the MW has NO impact on jobs, let's just raise it to $100/hr and be done with poverty altogether. And, while you're considering that, ask yourself WHY Seattle is taking years to raise its MW to $15/hr. If you answer that honestly, you will find that what I said is correct.

Nobody is suggesting 100, don't be such a drama queen. Exaggeration is all you have? Well previous raises have not effected unemployment.

Here you go. And I even took it from a source you'll approve of.
Teen Unemployment

Please try to keep up.

Severely limited....

Are you sure you even own a bar?

You should be very careful who you call a liar, little man.
Why would I have color composites of my tee-shirt design that is in production as we speak?
Doc Holliday's.jpg

Please try to keep up.

Severely limited....

Why would I have color composites of my tee-shirt design that is in production as we speak?View attachment 40872

If I ever get to Alabama I'll be sure to stop by and help raise your bottom line for the night.
First one's on me!
I'll even buy one for Brainless if he can prove he's 21.

Please try to keep up.

Severely limited....

Why would I have color composites of my tee-shirt design that is in production as we speak?View attachment 40872

If I ever get to Alabama I'll be sure to stop by and help raise your bottom line for the night.
First one's on me!
I'll even buy one for Brainless if he can prove he's 21.

I heard he stole his sisters ID.....and he's a dead ringer.

Here are more people being enlightened with basic economics.....

Seattle Minimum Wage Kills Jobs Hurts Students PJ Tatler

Students at the University of Washington in Tacoma are getting an object lesson in the value of a dollar. As economic dominoes fall in the wake of a municipal minimum wage hike to $15 per hour in Seattle, university students find themselves digging deeper into their pockets to cover higher prices resulting from the mandate.

Elsewhere, small-business employees initially thrilled by the “raise” granted them by the city have since learned that they’ll be losing their jobs later this year. Red Alert Politics reports:

[Z Pizza] owner Ritu Shah Burnham said she just can’t afford the city’s mandated wage hikes.

“I’ve let one person go since April 1, I’ve cut hours since April 1, I’ve taken them myself because I don’t pay myself,” she told Q13. “I’ve also raised my prices a little bit, there’s no other way to do it.”
University of Washington will be doing a study that will track the effects of this minimum wage increase over the next 5 years. Hopefully, this study will shine some light on the positives and negatives of the increase. In the past minimum wages increases have often been accompanied by other economy stimulants or have been so small that other factors mask their effect. However with a $15 minimum wage increase in a single city, we should be able to see clearly the effects.

Teen Unemployment

I don't see in that article where it blames min wage. Nor do I see that it is any higher than it was years ago. The link really says very little.

Please try to keep up.

Severely limited....

Well the min wage for tipped employees is like $2 an hour. Customers are mostly paying your employees. I don't think a min wage increase will break you. And if it would well we know who the little man is.

Teen Unemployment

I don't see in that article where it blames min wage. Nor do I see that it is any higher than it was years ago. The link really says very little.

Than google it your damn self.
There are pages of teen unemployment problems.

Please try to keep up.

Severely limited....

Teen Unemployment

Than google it your damn self.
There are pages of teen unemployment problems.

Why would I? I don't believe it is caused by min wage increases.

Forum List

Back