More lefties learn the glory of the 15 dollar minimum wage....unemployment.....

Here are more people being enlightened with basic economics.....

Seattle Minimum Wage Kills Jobs Hurts Students PJ Tatler

Students at the University of Washington in Tacoma are getting an object lesson in the value of a dollar. As economic dominoes fall in the wake of a municipal minimum wage hike to $15 per hour in Seattle, university students find themselves digging deeper into their pockets to cover higher prices resulting from the mandate.

Elsewhere, small-business employees initially thrilled by the “raise” granted them by the city have since learned that they’ll be losing their jobs later this year. Red Alert Politics reports:

[Z Pizza] owner Ritu Shah Burnham said she just can’t afford the city’s mandated wage hikes.

“I’ve let one person go since April 1, I’ve cut hours since April 1, I’ve taken them myself because I don’t pay myself,” she told Q13. “I’ve also raised my prices a little bit, there’s no other way to do it.”
if we can judge some one to be worth 8 and hour we can re-evalute all the billionaires raping us all. let's drop their pay off our backs and walla we all get raises. see? same as we've always done to kings and pharoahs. get rid of them

You could confiscate every dollar the rich posses and it wouldnt make a damn bit of difference.

i love how all americans were down with getting rid of kings but not business ceos taking all the money. a bunch of scumbag sell out whorish generation heading for hell again in another ww3 for greedy few to have it all. l.ittle kids fighting over toys.

you people don't want freedom for all you want it all and that's why you are going to be punished by us all.

Min wage increases have never made it worse.

Than give em a buck. They dont deserve that but if it would shut up liberals it would be worth it.

I'm certain a buck would not cause any problems. I view min wage increases as one of the better liberal options. It sure beats taxing more and having the governent try to redistribute it. With this option it at least goes directly to the worker not increasing the size of governent.

That only goes so far. If you jack up the min wage you now have to raise wages across the board driving up prices.
You pay oneway or another whether it's through higher prices or gov assistance.
Personally I'd rather not screw up the pay scale.
No, minimum wage increases doesn't necessarily mean across the board hikes in wages. In most businesses their aren't that many people making minimum wage. Employees that are just above minimum wage and working with minimum wage employees may see a small increase. Higher salary employees usually see no raise.

Not true. There are plenty of businesses that only hire min wage workers.
They'll raise prices and the people of seattle will leave the city limits to purchase those goods or they wont frequent them as often.

Give an example of a business you think would have to raise prices.

judge not and you did. so now it's time to be judged yourselves. time to kill us all and let God sort us out again. enjoy following the greedy to hell.

I'd rather see people that work hard get enough to have a roof over their head then half of our country living on the street.

Sorry, but a few businesses are probably going to shut down as they were too close to the margins to start out with. Personally, this is why I believe small upstarts probably should get a break, while the big pigs that can afford it should pay out more.

I
In part due to the recession most businesses have cut the fat to the bone; that is they just can't cut employees without the business suffering. Over 75% of the employees in Seattle or not effected. In fact, there are a surprising number of businesses that pay all their employees above $15/hr.

One chain of restaurants, Ivars has announced that they are raising the wages of all employees to a minimum of $15/hr and will be enhancing employee health insurance. Menu prices will increased 20% and a no tipping policy will be implemented. Other restaurants are taking other approaches. One fast food chain said they would be looking at automated point sale kiosks and cell phone apps. Several of the upscale restaurant who are paying $15/hr or higher said there would be no changes.

A no tipping policy? Why would they want to screw their employees like that?

A restaurants goal is 20% net, plus an owners paycheck, plus supplier kick-backs.
In this particular chain, I would guess that most of the wait staff will be making 30% more with the $15 minimum wage, which would more than make up for loss of tips. Of course some people will still tip, particularly in Seattle.

Tipped employees generally have a different min wage. For instance the fed min wage for tipped employees is like $2. Not sure what is is in Seattle.

what's funny is when these over priced people are gone the world won't skip a beat replacing these oh so self worthy owners of this world. we don't need job creators we need common sense, the pyramid scheme always collapses under the greed of the pharoahs

i love how all americans were down with getting rid of kings but not business ceos taking all the money. a bunch of scumbag sell out whorish generation heading for hell again in another ww3 for greedy few to have it all. l.ittle kids fighting over toys.

Our inequality keeps growing and it will be like having a king again soon.

Than give em a buck. They dont deserve that but if it would shut up liberals it would be worth it.

I'm certain a buck would not cause any problems. I view min wage increases as one of the better liberal options. It sure beats taxing more and having the governent try to redistribute it. With this option it at least goes directly to the worker not increasing the size of governent.

That only goes so far. If you jack up the min wage you now have to raise wages across the board driving up prices.
No, minimum wage increases doesn't necessarily mean across the board hikes in wages. In most businesses their aren't that many people making minimum wage. Employees that are just above minimum wage and working with minimum wage employees may see a small increase. Higher salary employees usually see no raise.

They'll raise prices and the people of seattle will leave the city limits to purchase those goods or they wont frequent them as often.

All fast food joints and any other place that hires teenagers as their main workforce.
I dont frequent fast food joints,but if they raise prices by a couple bucks for the crap food they serve I'll never set foot in one again.
And I know many people who feel the same. I want to see them stay in business when they lose a third of their customers and they have to pay artificially inflated wages.
They'll close in droves.

At least we get more out of a CEO than a figure head that does absolutely nothing.

All fast food joints and any other place that hires teenagers as their main workforce.
I dont frequent fast food joints,but if they raise prices by a couple bucks for the crap food they serve I'll never set foot in one again.
And I know many people who feel the same. I want to see them stay in business when they lose a third of their customers and they have to pay artificially inflated wages.
They'll close in droves.

Fast food customers tend to be lower wage. So many customers will get wage increases. This will allow them to eat fast food more often helping cover the increased labor costs.

They'll close in droves.

Fast food customers tend to be lower wage. So many customers will get wage increases. This will allow them to eat fast food more often helping cover the increased labor costs.

I'm not going to go over this for the twentieth time.
When costs increase at the very places the min wage workers are employed how does that make it any cheaper for them?

They'll close in droves.

When costs increase at the very places the min wage workers are employed how does that make it any cheaper for them?

The restaurant makes more money with more customers. Wage increases for customers increases sales for the restaurant.

They'll close in droves.

The restaurant makes more money with more customers. Wage increases for customers increases sales for the restaurant.

The restaurant makes more money with more customers.

Typically, when you raise prices, you get fewer customers.
You could read an economics book. But then you might realize that liberals are idiots.

They'll close in droves.

You could read an economics book. But then you might realize that liberals are idiots.

If they have more customers they don't need to raise prices. Increasing income of customers makes them go out to eat more often. Hence restaurant sales increase. Try not to get lost.

They'll close in droves.

If they have more customers they don't need to raise prices. Increasing income of customers makes them go out to eat more often. Hence restaurant sales increase. Try not to get lost.

Is it the job losses among the lower income that will lead to the increasing sales?

Is it the job losses among the lower income that will lead to the increasing sales?

There have never been job losses from a minimum wage increase. It has been increased many times and we know this.

Oh goody its the us vs the wealthy argument again, of course... /sarcasm It's the wealthy's fault so they need to pay... /scarcasm What a bunch of envious whiney bitches...

29 Valuable Facts about Millionaires and Billionaires

Common Characteristics of Millionaires
Live below their means
Lead frugal lifestyles
Are self-employed or own their own business
Plan and study investments
Are not always at the top of their class (some didn’t even go to college)
Are self-made

Best facts from the list:
1. The average millionaire goes bankrupt at least 3.5 times.

10. Most modern American millionaires today (about 80%) are first-generation millionaires. Usually the fortune they build will dissipate by the second or third generation.

13. Research indicates that the longer the average members of an ancestry group have been in the America, the less likely they are to become millionaires because they acclimate to a high-consumption lifestyle. On the other hand, first-generation Americans tend to be self-employed, which is a significant positive correlate of wealth.

18. Billionaire Bill Gates announced that he would donate his wealth (estimated to be $61 billion) to charity and that he would leave a maximum of $10 million to each of his three children.

23. In the year 1900, there were only 5,000 millionaires in the United States. In 2000, there were more than five million. Before the Great Recession, there were 9.2 million households worth $1 million or more.

And finally, my personal favorite (because it's my way heh):

16. Smoking three packs of cigarettes over 46 years has a significant opportunity cost. If a person invested and reinvested just that cigarette money over those 46 years, he or she could create a portfolio worth over $2 million. Researchers note that the value of a small amount of money over time can be significant.

Poorly worded imo, but the bottom line is that a small investment has a very good chance of maturing at huge profit before you retire. I invested about $10k into computers back in the 80's. I bought my first house when I was 18 working as an assistant manager for the local newspaper, graduated from college at 19, by 21 I was making 3 figures as an accountant, by 30 I could pretty much make anything I wanted, whenever I "felt like it" as an interim exec. In 2000 our estimated worth was $6million... We've lost almost everything in the market since then because we didn't diversify enough. Luckily we bought properties we can sell and reinvest for our retirement. Thankfully we never stopped working, and we were very careful to never spend more than we make; $50k a year.

Everyone whines about how they can't get ahead, when the truth is more that they can't have it all right /now/ and they are not willing to sacrifice for the end game. Not buying the newest iPhone could literally be he difference between being a millionaire when you retire or not.

The US is still a land of opportunity, though it's not the only country anymore with the global market, you just have to be patient and a little smart. That's the danger though, the global investment market... The more you socialize America, the more you wage war against the wealthy, the more rules and regulations you throw out, the less "appealing" it is for the wealthy to remain, the US has lost it's COL advantage for the majority of the wealthy, it's losing it's "quality of living" advantage and it is loosing it's "freedom" edge, plus who wants to live in a country that hates them? The more you tighten the false ideals noose, the more wealthy leave because it's frankly just not worth it to stay. We can find cheaper labor, less regulation, and better profits in other countries - especially us market players who don't have to worry about PR fallout, but also the business owners who can market their products and services to foreign consumers. My family only stay's because we have strong military roots, but that pride is snapping hard with all the division and hatred, almost all our other wealthy friends have left the country already. This /new/ America ya'll are painting is a really hard sell...

Changing minimum wage isn't going to help anyone in the long run, it just lets them buy more iphones...

Forum List

Back