****** more offensive than cracker?

When my ancestors used it, they simply meant a black person.

You mean around the time when a ****** was 3/5 of a person?

You have stepped into it now! The 3/5 of a person law was passed by the northern Lawmakers. The South wanted all people counted as a whole person. The 3/5 law was passed to prevent the slave States from having equal representation in the House Of Representatives. And FYI, the vast majority of southern people did not own slaves. I've done the research and none of my direct Stewart ancestors owned slaves. I did find a notation in the margin of a land transaction Courthouse record that my Great Grandad and my Grandad Stewart both voted Republican, which could have been a hanging offense in Wakulla County at the time they voted Republican. That could have been why they both lost their property after 'Reconstruction'.

Also FYI, I have two great Grandfathers on my Mother's side who served in the 16th Maine Infantry Brig. during the Civil War. They survived Gettysburg, as did my Great Grandfather William James Stewart in the Fifth Florida Infantry Brig. (16th Maine, Thomas Dorsett and Noah S. Chick)

Back to the 3/5ths thing; If slaves had been counted one for one it may have actually favored the anti slavery faction, being as the majority of southern people owned no slaves and cosidered slaves unfair labor competition. Just sayin maybe, not for a fact.

I see this all the time in scholarly publications. People clearly just repeat the dogma without having a clue what they're talking about.

No way they had it as bad. I'm just saying dont let anyone tell you whites did not enslave their own. We were just enslaved longer for political and economic reasons. Believe it or not they are playing the same game with ignorant whites and Blacks to this very day. The game has not changed just the way we perceive it.

Time has not repaired the damage done to the black community yet. Because there are black people alive who remember what it was like to have to ride in the back of the bus, and remember what it was like getting hosed down when they went to vote. We remember what it was like to go to be segregated and turned away as second class citizens. If white people were slaves in roman times, or medieval times that doesnt change anything for us.

I dont even know why someone would make a topic asking a question like this when they should already know the answer as to WHY, unless theyre just an insensitive troll, or a racist.

Last edited:
No way they had it as bad. I'm just saying dont let anyone tell you whites did not enslave their own. We were just enslaved longer for political and economic reasons. Believe it or not they are playing the same game with ignorant whites and Blacks to this very day. The game has not changed just the way we perceive it.

Time has not repaired the damage done to the black community yet. Because there are black people alive who remember what it was like to have to ride in the back of the bus, and remember what it was like getting hosed down when they went to vote. We remember what it was like to go to be segregated and turned away as second class citizens. If white people were slaves in roman times, or medieval times that doesnt change anything for us.

I dont even know why someone would make a topic asking a question like this when they should already know the answer as to WHY, unless theyre just an insensitive troll, or a racist.

Maybe the OP writer was bored and wanted some attention and subject review.

5 year olds dont count. Its no myth. Look at all the people calling Sherman a thug because he ranted on TV. White crackas are especially afraid of Black men. I know that through personal experience.

Can you prove it. I'd love to see a video of you intimidating a white man.

You know something "greyboy" I would love to see a video of you calling a Black man "******",They damn sure wont be shuffling off,they will be putting their foot up your ass.

You can talk shit like that because you know I can't get my hands on your pencil neck, boy.

That is definitely true that time has not repaired all the damage. However, there are those that would like to see us wiped off the map. We need to heal up while moving forward. That starts with understanding history and what happened for yourself and not just taking their word for it. This site abounds with trolls. You'll get used to them.

Can you prove it. I'd love to see a video of you intimidating a white man.

You know something "greyboy" I would love to see a video of you calling a Black man "******",They damn sure wont be shuffling off,they will be putting their foot up your ass.

You can talk shit like that because you know I can't get my hands on your pencil neck, boy.

Thats what I would say if I wanted to act tough safely on the internet. :lol:

Moderator mode.
Let's try and keep it civil, folks.

Is it just me or are there a whole lot of "new" people that just showed to troll this thread?:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

I have the right to call white people crackers, they have oppressed my people and deserve to be punished.

Really? My family lost a husband and a son during the Civil War freeing the slaves. My family deserves to be punished? What about those hundreds of thousands of other white
families who lost people. They too "deserve" to be punished?

If you truly believe that, then you are a simpleton.

Our church hosted meetings for the "Anti-Slavery Party" which became known as the Republicans shortly after. Members of my family were Presbyterian ministers and schoolmarms for centuries in early times, and upheld human rights in both the north and the south.

The civil war has been over since April 9, 1865, which was approximately 149 years ago. With a generation considered about 20 years, the Civil War was fought 7 generations ago. None of the people who lived then and owned slaves are alive today. None of the people who were freed were slaves after then, either, and their free labors also ended 7 generations ago.

Slavery was made illegal by the thirteenth Amendment, and was ratified on December 18, 1865.

Not one person here is responsible for what was done 7 generations ago, and not one person here has served a single minute being a slave by birth who was born on American soil and is an American citizen also since 7 generations ago.

We're all equals as free people. Please get over the hatred of 7 generations past. Slavery is over and slavery is not coming back to America unless the government enslaves us with overbearing taxes and empowers bureaucrats to order people to work for nothing.

I have the right to call white people crackers, they have oppressed my people and deserve to be punished.

Really? My family lost a husband and a son during the Civil War freeing the slaves. My family deserves to be punished? What about those hundreds of thousands of other white

Our church hosted meetings for the "Anti-Slavery Party" which became known as the Republicans shortly after. Members of my family were Presbyterian ministers and schoolmarms for centuries in early times, and upheld human rights in both the north and the south.

The civil war has been over since April 9, 1865, which was approximately 149 years ago. With a generation considered about 20 years, the Civil War was fought 7 generations ago. None of the people who lived then and owned slaves are alive today. None of the people who were freed were slaves after then, either, and their free labors also ended 7 generations ago.

Slavery was made illegal by the thirteenth Amendment, and was ratified on December 18, 1865.

Not one person here is responsible for what was done 7 generations ago, and not one person here has served a single minute being a slave by birth who was born on American soil and is an American citizen also since 7 generations ago.

We're all equals as free people. Please get over the hatred of 7 generations past. Slavery is over and slavery is not coming back to America unless the government enslaves us with overbearing taxes and empowers bureaucrats to order people to work for nothing.

This is the same kind of stuff people say that enrages the Black community. The effects of slavery alone are still here today. This is without Jim Crow and the other systems used to for Black population control. Slavery is not over. It just has a new coat of paint. The hatred comes in when people like you attempt to deny the everyday realities that Black people deal with. The funny thing is that I dont see anyone telling the Jews to get over it but they do to Blacks that are actually part of this country. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

This is the same kind of stuff people say that enrages the Black community. The effects of slavery alone are still here today. This is without Jim Crow and the other systems used to for Black population control. Slavery is not over. It just has a new coat of paint. The hatred comes in when people like you attempt to deny the everyday realities that Black people deal with. The funny thing is that I dont see anyone telling the Jews to get over it but they do to Blacks that are actually part of this country. :cuckoo:

I don't see Jews whining about every little thing either.

It's a choice to feel "enraged". The black community chooses to stay trapped by focusing on the things that hold them back, but don't pretend our society hasn't come a long way. I choose not to sit around and whine that I have certain obstacles as a woman. I take pride in what I've overcome, and black people should look at role models among them who've risen above the accepted low expectations. People who look for excuses why they haven't succeeded are generally afraid of striving and failing, but I say be responsible for your own destiny...otherwise you really are still in a form of slavery of your own making.

I don't know how you can infer I'm a racist or an insensitive troll for that matter. This forum is place where we can discuss sensitive issues that are inappropriate to discus in other Venues. All I was seeking was is understanding. Part of the problem, I think, is when people throw the word racist around so loosely, like you just did.

I don't see Jews whining about every little thing either.

You must not get out much if you mean by whining all the movies they produce on the subject of Hitler.

In some cases you are correct but the underlying message that Becki is presenting is so long as blacks blame the current white generation for the sins of their fathers nothing will change. I like this quote from Malcolm X "I believe in the brotherhood of man, all men, but I don't believe in brotherhood with anybody who doesn't want brotherhood with me. I believe in treating people right, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to treat somebody right who doesn't know how to return the treatment.

He GOT IT! He understood that it wasn't an "black vs white" paradigm anymore, it was a
good vs bad paradigm, and good and bad could be, and are, of either race.

White people can't know what it was to be black, anymore than a black person can know what it was to be a Chinaman in the old west. And being a Chinaman was WORSE. A white man could shoot them in the street without consequence, they were considered even more lowly than an Indian.

History is replete with tales of whites running amok in the various Chinatowns of the old west, hundreds were killed and never was there justice for the victims.

It's a choice to feel "enraged". The black community chooses to stay trapped by focusing on the things that hold them back, but don't pretend our society hasn't come a long way. I choose not to sit around and whine that I have certain obstacles as a woman. I take pride in what I've overcome, and black people should look at role models among them who've risen above the accepted low expectations. People who look for excuses why they haven't succeeded are generally afraid of striving and failing, but I say be responsible for your own destiny...otherwise you really are still in a form of slavery of your own making.

Its definitely a choice to feel enraged but by the same token people should not have to be super well adjusted in order to rise above that natural reaction to denial from someone that has no clue. Like I said before if the discrimination was over that would be one thing. However, having to overcome discrimination in order to just be successful only to hear someone say get over it would piss anyone off. What is particularly irritating is that the Black communities claims have historically proven to be true every single time. When a new claim is made there is still the same disbelief.

In some cases you are correct but the underlying message that Becki is presenting is so long as blacks blame the current white generation for the sins of their fathers nothing will change. I like this quote from Malcolm X "I believe in the brotherhood of man, all men, but I don't believe in brotherhood with anybody who doesn't want brotherhood with me. I believe in treating people right, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to treat somebody right who doesn't know how to return the treatment.

He GOT IT! He understood that it wasn't an "black vs white" paradigm anymore, it was a

White people can't know what it was to be black, anymore than a black person can know what it was to be a Chinaman in the old west. And being a Chinaman was WORSE. A white man could shoot them in the street without consequence, they were considered even more lowly than an Indian.

History is replete with tales of whites running amok in the various Chinatowns of the old west, hundreds were killed and never was there justice for the victims.

I dont think all Black people blame current whites for "slavery". That doesn't make sense. What they blame them for is the denial and continuing oppression. There is also the issue of reparations that has never been addressed when it was addressed for the japanese. i agree with Malcolm wholeheartedly. When people act in a manner that is good I can work with them. If they dont I regard them as the enemy. Being Chinese in the west was never as bad as slavery. You have to be kidding me right?

Its definitely a choice to feel enraged but by the same token people should not have to be super well adjusted in order to rise above that natural reaction to denial from someone that has no clue. Like I said before if the discrimination was over that would be one thing. However, having to overcome discrimination in order to just be successful only to hear someone say get over it would piss anyone off. What is particularly irritating is that the Black communities claims have historically proven to be true every single time. When a new claim is made there is still the same disbelief.

It's internally destructive to depend on the behavior of others to determine your own path. It is also a learned behavior, either way. Parents can teach their children to be suspicious and look for a racist around every corner, and sometimes even see them where none exist, or teach them to make goals of putting their best effort forth and have faith that it will pay off in the end. I also think that it's a bit of a disgrace to the past generations of black people who willingly made sacrifices with the intent to pave an easier rode for future generations...honor them and respect their immense hardships by doing everything in your power to make those sacrifices worthwhile and not in vain.

It's internally destructive to depend on the behavior of others to determine your own path. It is also a learned behavior, either way. Parents can teach their children to be suspicious and look for a racist around every corner, and sometimes even see them where none exist, or teach them to make goals of putting their best effort forth and have faith that it will pay off in the end. I also think that it's a bit of a disgrace to the past generations of black people who willingly made sacrifices with the intent to pave an easier rode for future generations...honor them and respect their immense hardships by doing everything in your power to make those sacrifices worthwhile and not in vain.

Your advise is great. No one should depend on someone else to to determine their path. Thats not the issue at hand though. The caste system we have in place here in the US places more barriers to success for African Americans. The anger comes from others trying to pretend there is not a caste system in place today. I teach my children their history. In that history is occurrence after occurrence of bad dealings with Europeans. I also teach them to never let anything stop them. I let them know about the barriers unique to being Black people in the US. I dont believe in coincidences. There are too many instances of deliberately planned attempts to destroy the Black community or at least keep them controlled and oppressed. In spite of that I and other Blacks will succeed. We are built to last.

I dont think all Black people blame current whites for "slavery". That doesn't make sense. What they blame them for is the denial and continuing oppression. There is also the issue of reparations that has never been addressed when it was addressed for the japanese. i agree with Malcolm wholeheartedly. When people act in a manner that is good I can work with them. If they dont I regard them as the enemy. Being Chinese in the west was never as bad as slavery. You have to be kidding me right?

How are the current white people oppressing you? The people oppressing you....are you!
as far as reparations go, you going to pay for all the whites who lost their loved ones? How do you put a price on that? The Japanese were still alive that lost their property, and even there the reparations were a joke. Many families lost millions of dollars of property and were given 26,000 dollars. But, THEY WERE STILL WITH US.

No one who ever suffered from slavery is alive, nor are their direct descendents, nor are THEIR direct descendents. So, reparations is just a fancy name for another handout. So long as blacks are whining after handouts they will never be free. They will live cocooned in a house made of their own self induced misery.

And yes, being Chinese in the west was worse. If you were a slave you at least had value to your owner so no one was going to go around killing you for entertainment, which is exactly what happened to Chinese workers.

Forum List

Back