More oppression from government. Man fined 300/day for flying military flags

Whats even dumber is ANY business that wishes to fly or post any kind of banner or sign is prohibited without a permit. Gotta pay the gov't to advertise on your own property.

Money grabbing nonsense

The new law requires businesses to apply for a permit to display a temporary sign or banner on their property...

If you have to get permission to put up a "sign or banner," or flags in this case, on your property, is it really your property?

And you used to ask us all "what rights have we lost." Now look at you haha.

I don't ever recall having a right to operate a business and decorate it in a manner that looked tacky.

Why do you people hate the rights of cities to operate as they wish to operate?

Yet another entitlement junkie.

:confused:

You can't put up a sale sign outside your business without paying the gov't first. You don't find that to be total bullshit?
He wants special treatment because they are military flags. Notice he wasn't whining about his other banner.

No, he simply wants his private property rights respected by the city government, and that happens to take the form of military flags.

I don't ever recall having a right to operate a business and decorate it in a manner that looked tacky.

He should have the right to display whatever the hell he wants to ON HIS PROPERTY. And how the fuck are military flags being displayed at a business that donates to military causes tacky?

So all we have to do is decide that free speech sounds or looks tacky (sign holding) and we can start handing out fines.... because a city decided to trample our first amendment right.

Glad to see you support fining protesters. Or are they different somehow?

MY GOD I can't believe how stupid you are....

If a business "looks tacky", people won't GO THERE.

Fascist asshole sucking parasites like you want to regulate what "looks tacky"?
There aren't words strong enough since Sanskrit that I could use to tell you how hard you can go fuck yourself and the horse you rode out of hell on.

You "think" cities have rights? I suppose the collective farmers of North Korea have "rights too.

Fuck... how do morons like this survive childhood? We really need to get those child proof lids off the DRANO.

That question pertained to the patriot act not some stupid city council

So now to answer your question then, and not cause a fight of hijack your thread.

The answer is since the patriot act we have lost our right to defend our rights, seeing as we gave them up willingly. The Patriot act has been expanded to killing US citizens and imprisonment indefinitely.

It's hard to argue the first amendment in this case when things like Gun control are now on the table due to the belief that the Government can make us safer if we just give up our rights through things like the patriot act.

Last edited:

So all we have to do is decide that free speech sounds or looks tacky (sign holding) and we can start handing out fines.... because a city decided to trample our first amendment right.

She had no problem with the lean to's, makeshift tents or sloppy hand made signs of the protestors who occupied SOMEONE ELSES PROPERTY in the middle of New York City.

That wasn't tacky but our military flags are....

Simply stunning how much of a hack so many are

She had no problem with the lean to's, makeshift tents or sloppy hand made signs of the protestors who occupied SOMEONE ELSES PROPERTY in the middle of New York City.

That wasn't tacky but our military flags are....

Simply stunning how much of a hack so many are

Which just goes to show that "tackiness" is in the eye of the beholder, and certainly not grounds to violate private property rights.

Ravis fashion and style police will be even handed in their stupidity. Well, not really but in her little mind they will be.

:confused:

You can't put up a sale sign outside your business without paying the gov't first. You don't find that to be total bullshit?
He wants special treatment because they are military flags. Notice he wasn't whining about his other banner.

No, he simply wants his private property rights respected by the city government, and that happens to take the form of military flags.
Nah, he apparently doesn't have a problem not flying beer signs or welcome biker signs without a permit.

Flag flap has Holly Hill business owner 'Crazy' mad | News-JournalOnline.com

He wants special treatment for military flags. And he'll probably get it since this is in a very red part of Florida. Entitlement is what it is no matter how much you pretend otherwise.

Forum List

Back