More oppression from government. Man fined 300/day for flying military flags

So in your opinion, I could fly in front of my business anything whatsoever I wanted to fly? Doesn't matter what the community thinks, doesn't matter what their democratically elected representatives did in an effort to keep the city up to certain standards? All that matters is me, me, me?

Precisely. That's what private property means. The community does not own this establishment, this man does. Thus, the man gets to decide what goes on his property.

What if the community decided that all the homeless people in the area were to be given residence at your house, a ridiculous notion to be sure, would you sit back and say, "Well, the people have spoken?" Now I only ask such a ridiculous hypothetical because you refused to answer my question about how far the "right to regulation" extends, and it seems that your criteria is simply majority rule. So are you willing to take that to its logical conclusion?

That would violate my rights, though. This man, though he pretends otherwise, is not having his rights violated. There is no right for a business to display whatever it wants to display in public view. If they were telling him he couldn't fly his flags inside his business I'd agree with you.

How isn't it? The ridiculous scenario I concocted violated your property rights, and being told he can't fly his flags violates his property rights. It's the exact same.

Unfortunately, i envision a day when Big Brother and his wealthy Corporate friends will have seized all private land property previously owned by the Poor/Middle Class. Then the People will have absolutely no rights. Because they will own nothing. There will be no such thing as Private Property for the Poor/Middle Class. Only the very rich and the Government will be allowed to own private property. But then again, i've been accused of being paranoid from time to time. ;)
Big Brother gives him a sales tax exemption then they sure can make him get a permit to hang his banners, moron.

No they couldn't. I think you are confusing issues. They aren't saying this man needs a permit for certain types of banners, flags, etc. He needs one for ANY type of flag, banner, etc. Last time I checked, a business doesn't enjoy the same rights as an individual. If this was the man's home I'd agree with you to a certain extent.

Private property, whether it's a home or a place of business, is private property. You're creating a distinction without a difference.
Not really. If you are making money off the general public then your business isn't private in the same sense that someone's home is private.

Not to mention that for all we know this guy is leasing.

Your business is still private property, however, whether or not it's inherently private would be up to the owner of the property, and it wouldn't matter if he was leasing.

Why not? If that is what the people in the community as a whole want, why can't the "government" have an opinion on it?

Laws protect the minority. Popular speech have no need of protection, unpopular speech needs protection.

What if a bunch of right handers wanted to kick all left handers out of the town, took a vote, and won by one ballot...could they do that?

No they couldn't. I think you are confusing issues. They aren't saying this man needs a permit for certain types of banners, flags, etc. He needs one for ANY type of flag, banner, etc. Last time I checked, a business doesn't enjoy the same rights as an individual. If this was the man's home I'd agree with you to a certain extent.

Someone should tell Mitt Romney (LOL).

Unfortunately, i envision a day when Big Brother and his wealthy Corporate friends will have seized all private land property previously owned by the Poor/Middle Class. Then the People will have absolutely no rights. Because they will own nothing. There will be no such thing as Private Property for the Poor/Middle Class. Only the very rich and the Government will be allowed to own private property. But then again, i've been accused of being paranoid from time to time. ;)
Big Brother gives him a sales tax exemption then they sure can make him get a permit to hang his banners, moron.

One day, the idea of private land ownership for the Poor/Middle Class will be a long-forgotten and impossibly ludacris idea. The very rich and the Government will own it all. And that will end America once and for all. I know it sounds bleak, but it's where i believe we're heading.

Don't you believe that corporations have rights and they are people too.
So a city is not people and they have no rights?
:clap2:

And you used to ask us all "what rights have we lost." Now look at you haha.

I don't ever recall having a right to operate a business and decorate it in a manner that looked tacky.

Why do you people hate the rights of cities to operate as they wish to operate?

MY GOD I can't believe how stupid you are....

If a business "looks tacky", people won't GO THERE.

Fascist asshole sucking parasites like you want to regulate what "looks tacky"?
There aren't words strong enough since Sanskrit that I could use to tell you how hard you can go fuck yourself and the horse you rode out of hell on.

You "think" cities have rights? I suppose the collective farmers of North Korea have "rights too.

Fuck... how do morons like this survive childhood? We really need to get those child proof lids off the DRANO.

And you used to ask us all "what rights have we lost." Now look at you haha.

I don't ever recall having a right to operate a business and decorate it in a manner that looked tacky.

Why do you people hate the rights of cities to operate as they wish to operate?

It's his business...sorry if you snooty liberals dont like it....too bad....and you say republicans hate on the poor and lower classes....the bikers like it, so who gives a crap.

He loves his Country and probably even respects the Constitution. And sadly, that makes him an "Un-American Terrorist", in this current climate. It's a predictable result of becoming a Police State. And i hate to say it, but things are gonna get a lot worse.

Forum List

Back