More Pot Talk

Katz, again, it's possible to smoke in moderation just as it's possible to drink in moderation. Do you understand this concept? It's very simple.

A hit from a joint when you get home from work or on the weekend is not going to significantly impair you from being able to function properly just as if you were to drink a beer or two.

Simply not true.

You will always think so too.

Katz, I have nothing to prove to you. I've come across enough highly successful and intelligent 20 and 30 somethings who smoke regularly to form my own opinion on the matter.

Heck, I used to caddy years back at a nice club and found that a great deal of successful company owners, Presidents, and directors also would use the drug. Maybe not before giving a speech in front of the board - obviously - but when they're relaxing.. why not?

Your statement doesn't hold true to my experience..

back when, i knew a guy who worked for a law firm as a process server....we were at one of the Lawyers house for a get together he was having getting high in the back yard....when the joint was done and everyone rejoined the party,he told me you just smoked a joint with the head of the Law Firm and a Superior Court Judge.....those guys are still around today....the law firm still has his name in it and the Judge is now a prof of Law at UCLA.....

Has decriminalization of pot in Chicago lowered the crime rate?

Pot heads have their thinking affected by pot use. They operate on the "I'm OK, You're OK" philosophy. They think that THEY are not criminals, except for the pot use thing. Their health has not been affected, or at least not yet. Therefore all pot smokers are just like they are!

In order to do this, they have to rationalize, the crane operator high on pot and killed six people, it wasn't because he was high, it was some other reason. The woman who was too high to take the baby off the roof of her car before she drove off, it wasn't pot, it was some other reason. My step granddaughter to this very day does not connect her being high on pot with her daughter getting hit by a car. It was some other reason. It had nothing to do with her forgetting that she had a three year old with her.

All substance abusers feel the same way. To the alcoholic, he was never arrested because he was too drunk to drive. It was a cop exceeding his authority. That's why pot users who want pot to be legalized should never be taken seriously.

talking to you Katz about Pot is like talking to Dean about Republicans.....pre-conceived notions are hard to break......

My pre-conceived notion was the pot was relatively harmless. That was changed through experience.

yea the experiences of the heavy duty smoker here and there..... and the anti pot shit you read....and thinking "Reefer Madness" is the way it is....

A bit of free product is what they usually give. I've known a lot of drug dealers and all of them were really nice guys. The best salesmen are. That's what they are you know, just salesmen. They like to build up a personal loyalty, like any salesman.

Again, why isn't the underground bootlegging industry still thriving?

You'd think with all the free 'bonuses', friendly service, and lines of credit a good deal of people would still be buying their beer from underground dealers.

Not the case; why isn't your theory holding up in a real life example?

Evidently the bootlegging industry isn't doing all that bad. TGIF just got raided.

I guess pot-heads live in a dream world. Try making moonshine or try selling cigarettes you purchased cheap in another state. What do you think BATF stands for? No politician and nobody in their right mind would consider legalizing the growing, manufacture and sale of marijuana.

of course not.....they want it to be controlled by the Govt.....

talking to you Katz about Pot is like talking to Dean about Republicans.....pre-conceived notions are hard to break......

My pre-conceived notion was the pot was relatively harmless. That was changed through experience.

yea the experiences of the heavy duty smoker here and there..... and the anti pot shit you read....and thinking "Reefer Madness" is the way it is....

I don't know what reefer madness is and never heard of it outside of this board.

geezus.....hey Katz....Dogs don't tolerate Alcohol or Cigarets well either.....Grapes are considered something you are not supposed to give them too.....can fuck up their kidneys....

Fair enough, but don't ruin it for the rest of us who have chosen to use the drug responsibly.

A pothead judging what responsible drug use is. Oh brutha. It's like an alcoholic judging that he can drive responsibly at a 2.0 BA.

like i said Katz....talking to you about Pot is like talking to Dean about Republicans.....he thinks ALL Republicans are the same just like you think ALL Pot smokers do the same shit.....

I don't know what reefer madness is and never heard of it outside of this board.

find it and rent it.....it was made for people just like you........

How many dogs are accidentally poisoned by alcohol? How many children go to the hospital with alcohol poisoning? Have senior citizens ever had a mass admission to the hospital because they were provided alcohol based brownies?

Main article: Drug policy of Portugal

Portugal has arguably the most liberal laws concerning possession of illicit drugs in the Western world. In 2001 Portugal decriminalized possession of effectively all drugs that are still illegal in other developed nations including, but not limited to, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, and LSD. While possession is legal, trafficking and possession of more than "10 days worth of personal use" are still punishable by jail time and fines. Since decriminalization was implemented, Portugal has seen rapid improvement in the number of deaths from drug overdoses as well as a decline in new HIV infections. [7]

Crime in Portugal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How has Portugal benefited?

They have a nation of drug addicts that are unemployable, they have a nation of illiterates. It is a failed state looking for the EU to support it. It's economic report for the first quarter of 2013 was -.04%. But, the addicts get to use clean needles.

Perhaps the worst punishment meted out to nations that legalize drugs, is the effect of drug legalization. Of course removing criminal penalties are going to benefit the addicts, as the nation sinks, they can sing.

How many dogs are accidentally poisoned by alcohol? How many children go to the hospital with alcohol poisoning? Have senior citizens ever had a mass admission to the hospital because they were provided alcohol based brownies?

gotcha KatznDean.....did you rent "Reefer Madness" yet?.....its really realistic.....you would love it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54xWo7ITFbg]Reefer Madness (1938) - YouTube[/ame]

Deaths
The NIAAA states that approximately 599,000 college students in the United States get accidental alcohol-related injuries, such as alcohol poisoning. Half of them are under the legal drinking age of 21, and some may even be under the age of 18. The National Center for Health Statistics found in in 2005 that about 157 people ages 18-23 died from alcohol poisoning between the years of 1999 and 2004. The state of Texas had the most deaths, with 18 people succumbing to alcohol poisoning in this age group. However, the NIAAA found in a study conducted by the National Center for Health Statistics that between 1996 and 1998 2 percent of approximately 1,400 annual deaths in which alcohol poisoning was at least a contributing factor involved individuals under the age of 21.
Statistics of Teenagers Who Die From Alcohol Poisoning | eHow

Of course that can be said about consuming too much alcohol to.

What Is Alcohol Poisoning? How Dangerous Is Alcohol Poisoning?

What Is Alcohol Poisoning? How Dangerous Is Alcohol Poisoning?

gotcha KatznDean.....did you rent "Reefer Madness" yet?.....its really realistic.....you would love it...

Did you think you were so clever I wouldn't notice that you didn't answer the question.

Deaths
The NIAAA states that approximately 599,000 college students in the United States get accidental alcohol-related injuries, such as alcohol poisoning. Half of them are under the legal drinking age of 21, and some may even be under the age of 18. The National Center for Health Statistics found in in 2005 that about 157 people ages 18-23 died from alcohol poisoning between the years of 1999 and 2004. The state of Texas had the most deaths, with 18 people succumbing to alcohol poisoning in this age group. However, the NIAAA found in a study conducted by the National Center for Health Statistics that between 1996 and 1998 2 percent of approximately 1,400 annual deaths in which alcohol poisoning was at least a contributing factor involved individuals under the age of 21.
Statistics of Teenagers Who Die From Alcohol Poisoning | eHow

Why are these college kids still in college. They obviously aren't there for an education. Expell them for alcohol and pot.

how has portugal benefited?

They have a nation of drug addicts that are unemployable, they have a nation of illiterates. It is a failed state looking for the eu to support it. It's economic report for the first quarter of 2013 was -.04%. But, the addicts get to use clean needles.

Perhaps the worst punishment meted out to nations that legalize drugs, is the effect of drug legalization. Of course removing criminal penalties are going to benefit the addicts, as the nation sinks, they can sing.

they inject pot in portugal?

They have a nation of drug addicts that are unemployable, they have a nation of illiterates. It is a failed state looking for the eu to support it. It's economic report for the first quarter of 2013 was -.04%. But, the addicts get to use clean needles.

Portugal is a failed state. It is nothing to emulate. Unless you are a drug addict. Then it looks pretty good.

Portugal is a failed state. It is nothing to emulate. Unless you are a drug addict. Then it looks pretty good.

I am sure there are much better places to be an addict

I am sure there are much better places to be an addict

Do addicts care? They live for the next high.

Portugal is missing an opportunity. It could accept users from around the world and have other countries pay them for the service. They don't have to provide housing or services. It would be like living in an alley. Just not so annoying to others.

Forum List

Back