More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expert "opinion".

That's not science.

Opinions are like assholes......."

So Envrionmental Biologists with 17+ publications in NON-POLITICAL atmosphere of peer reviewed academic journals are OPINIONS.

You call that "opinion" huh?

PRAY, TELL ME WHO IS AN EXPERT if not "evironmental biologists" who study how the climate affects species and assessed their expertise in the field as "excellent." Those same scientists were verified to have over 17 publications in non-political journals AKA SCIENCE JOURNALS.

KOOK you need to take 3 minutes out of your day and READ the following, if you're really jazzy I DARE YOU READ THE LINK, better grab a snack:

Expert Opinion on Climate Change said:
Climate experts (i.e., those with a high self-assessed level of knowledge and high number of publications) estimated, on average, that temperature will increase between 3.3°C and 3.5°C over the next 100 years. These estimates are conservative relative to the range of “likely” projected temperature change by the end of the century, according to the IPCC summary for policymakers (2.4°C–6.4°C; Bernstein et al. 2007)....

There was wide agreement that a large percentage of species will go extinct in response to the combined effects of climate change and other causes over the next 100 years, but those respondents with poor self-assessed knowledge of climate change or biotic responses to climate change estimated a mean of 17% and 16%, respectively, whereas those with excellent self-assessed knowledge estimated a mean of 23%. There was also wide agreement among the respondents that a large percentage of species would alter their geographic ranges because of climate change over the next 100 years, but those with poor self-assessed knowledge of climate change or biotic responses to climate change estimated a mean of 46% or 44%, respectively, whereas those with excellent self-assessed knowledge of climate change or biotic responses estimated a mean of 59% or 62% of species, respectively.

Conclusions:
Our survey of 2329 environmental biologists is, to our knowledge, the largest systematic survey of expert opinion about climate change and its impacts...The respondents at all levels of expertise offered fairly conservative estimates of future climate change...Still, the lower values revealed in this survey represent an alarmingly large change.

Last edited:
Expert "opinion".

That's not science.

So Envrionmental Biologists with 17+ publications in NON-POLITICAL atmosphere of peer reviewed academic journals are OPINIONS.

PRAY, TELL ME WHO IS AN EXPERT if not "evironmental biologists" who study how the climate affects species and assessed their expertise in the field as "excellent." Those same scientists were verified to have over 17 publications in non-political journals AKA SCIENCE JOURNALS.

KOOK you need to take 3 minutes out of your day and READ the following, if you're really jazzy I DARE YOU READ THE LINK, better grab a snack:

Climate experts (i.e., those with a high self-assessed level of knowledge and high number of publications) estimated, on average, that temperature will increase between 3.3°C and 3.5°C over the next 100 years. These estimates are conservative relative to the range of “likely” projected temperature change by the end of the century, according to the IPCC summary for policymakers (2.4°C–6.4°C; Bernstein et al. 2007)....

There was wide agreement that a large percentage of species will go extinct in response to the combined effects of climate change and other causes over the next 100 years, but those respondents with poor self-assessed knowledge of climate change or biotic responses to climate change estimated a mean of 17% and 16%, respectively, whereas those with excellent self-assessed knowledge estimated a mean of 23%. There was also wide agreement among the respondents that a large percentage of species would alter their geographic ranges because of climate change over the next 100 years, but those with poor self-assessed knowledge of climate change or biotic responses to climate change estimated a mean of 46% or 44%, respectively, whereas those with excellent self-assessed knowledge of climate change or biotic responses estimated a mean of 59% or 62% of species, respectively.

Conclusions:
Our survey of 2329 environmental biologists is, to our knowledge, the largest systematic survey of expert opinion about climate change and its impacts...The respondents at all levels of expertise offered fairly conservative estimates of future climate change...Still, the lower values revealed in this survey represent an alarmingly large change.

meh

I only care about who's winning!!!! Since the science isn't mattering one way or another, I couldn't give a rats ass, frankly!!!!:funnyface:

Very colorful win as a matter of factoid!! In fact, I was just snacking and found..........

THIS >>>

Last edited:
The whole AGW concept couldn't come close to being pulled off but for a whole lot of incredibly naïve people!!!

Its like the assholes who buy the moon landing despite official photos like this >>>

Made with Korvettes/Sears furnace covers!!!:coffee: Clearly could hold up to 1,480 degrees celcius with a little extra bondo on the open area's!!!:D:D:eusa_dance:

My 10 year old daughter, given a little time, would come up with something more realistic. But the fools........and always was curious if they used Reynolds Wrap of some other generic name tin foil??!!

Last edited:
Expert "opinion".

That's not science.

Conclusions:

All Journals have become political in nature. They did so because of money. If you want funding you had best jump on the AGW bandwagon. If you don't, you don't get funding.

Who controls the purse strings? Government. Who controls the government? Politicians.
What do politicians engage in? POLITICS!

I only care about who's winning!!!! Since the science isn't mattering one way or another, I couldn't give a rats ass, frankly!!!!:funnyface:

Very colorful win as a matter of factoid!! In fact, I was just snacking and found........

We need more skeptics like you KooK.. I think we could sit down and have a delightful dinner together. I don't think we differ all that much. Only our perceptions do but we could work through that (or try to ignore it, whichever works)

Very colorful win as a matter of factoid!! In fact, I was just snacking and found........

We need more skeptics like you KooK.. I think we could sit down and have a delightful dinner together. I don't think we differ all that much. Only our perceptions do but we could work through that (or try to ignore it, whichever works)

Well.....sounds good to me but my likeness is much like the second character from the left on your avatar!!! Hope you wouldn't mind......you know, we Tea Party people just crawled out of the trees two decades ago.:D

There are gonna be huge protest marches over the denial wave that's sweeping the country!

The marches will start as soon as the greenies dig their SUVs out of the snow and get somebody to give them a "jump start" so they might start if they can get them to turn over at all with that thick near-frozen oil.

There are gonna be huge protest marches over the denial wave that's sweeping the country!

The marches will start as soon as the greenies dig their SUVs out of the snow and get somebody to give them a "jump start" so they might start if they can get them to turn over at all with that thick near-frozen oil.

All this frozen warming is putting nail after nail in the AGW coffin. The smart warmers are bailing and only the real wackos are keeping their seats on the crazy train.

All this frozen warming is putting nail after nail in the AGW coffin. The smart warmers are bailing and only the real wackos are keeping their seats on the crazy train.

You know......in real numbers, you are only talking maybe <5% of the country that really gives a crap about this enough to be ok with destroying jobs and increasing electric bills by 100%. That's the bottom line.......not a peep from legislators about climate change legislation for years now. Only the AGW k00ks missed the memo.

You know......in real numbers, you are only talking maybe <5% of the country that really gives a crap about this enough to be ok with destroying jobs and increasing electric bills by 100%. That's the bottom line.......not a peep from legislators about climate change legislation for years now. Only the AGW k00ks missed the memo.

And that's why Barack Obama is spending 100,000,000,000's on it and using his power to make it so. Who ever controls the government is the real winner.

And that's why Barack Obama is spending 100,000,000,000's on it and using his power to make it so. Who ever controls the government is the real winner.

Even epic losers get to win once in a while. Especially when it's a bone thrown to them in the interest of suicide prevention. Some people are just too kind.....

Name for us some of those "smart warmers". Name for us a single climate scientist whose opinion regarding AGW has been changed by this winter's US weather.

stevia, amusing fellow. and i grew 10 plants myself! how about that!

Expert Opinion on Climate Change and Threats to Biodiversity

Conclusions:

I'm surprised that the analysis of this quote Flew right by you Gnarly.. Here you have an example of why "consensus" doesn't mean jack.. Why in the world would I have to "AVERAGE" the advice of all these knowledgeable scientists if they ALL AGREED.. Their estimates all represent different theoretical results of AGW.. What meaning does taking the AVERAGE advice of a couple hundred experts that you warmers consider infallible..

It MAY BE infallible -- because if you listen to EVERY ONE of them --- they pretty much cover the map between toasty warm and cataclysmic.. Don't they? So spare me the rest of the analysis about what we need to prepare for.. A REAL policy administrator would look at that army of advice and simply pick the guy who admitted "there was no real consensus"...

It's not that they were infallible, it's how they were selected. I think if you read the article, it has meaningful results: experts with 15+ peer reviewed articles published are the same scientists that have a good idea of how the environment is affected and they all agree to some basic ranges. But I don't want you to get upset so I won't recommend you read the associated links. Our sources differ but you won't let my sources qualify. Why? 1 single reason: they don't agree with your predetermined answer and hence does not qualify as a source. If you'd like, name 1 favorite of yours. I just gave your 2 but you didn't like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back