More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you miss the point on natural capital. If you cared at all, which you don't, I'd recommend this

Despite how much people depend on the environment, the economic value placed on natural assets is zero as revealed in this Pavan Sukhdev keynote. The banker by trade opens his speech by illustrating how the Amazon Rainforest provides over 20 billion tons of water vapor which is absorbed by the North Eastern trade winds that go on to feed an agricultural economy of 240 billion dollars in Latin American. Despite the abundance of economic prosperity that the Rainforests provide, the value of what comes to human beings from nature still does not have a price assigned to it.

A little bit of an overstatement to call HFCSyrup "a poison" dontchathink??

No, it is not an overstatement.

I bet my life you consume it daily, and have never once considered trying to live without it.

I bet you could never muster the reasoning and will-power to actually change a small part of your diet just to see if it can bring worthwhile benefits over the sacrifice.

Why do I think there are results? Well, a cursory glance of this highly isolated segment of corn is certainly nothing nature has invented independent of the corn itself. Red flag there.

But let me give you concrete case evidence. In my life I have been a major sugar addict and consumed my share of HFCS. But I've also had a health conscious mentality, and as I learned more I thought I would experiment by removing this isolated sweetener. The problem is it would takes months to finally achieve a 95% removal and I would last no more than 3 weeks. During those weeks I would notice clarity by day 6 and I repeated this 4 times with usually a year of HFCS in between the 3 non-HFCS week. But mid 2013 my lifestyle has aligned, allowing me to cut this poison out without any hiccup. At least 3 solid months of not chowing down on excess sugar and no HFCS, I have no cravings for sweet items that were so prevalent throughout my whole life. At Golden Coral I would get the plate I dubbed "The Diabetic Special" meaning about 3 plates of only dessert and eat it all rapidly.

Results after ceasing HFCS? I think more clearly in that I am much slower to anger/irritation over small things and truly possess greater desires for education and lucid thought, including mediation. I know you think I am stupid (but its not my fault), but I use to be less calm and much more confused or irritable. I am aware enough to assess my own self.

You mean I could think more clearly and be irritated by you less frequently if I didn't have that one Diet Pepper per day? Such a deal........ :tongue:

Do you have examples of your communications prowess BEFORE the experiment? Was the IMPROVEMENT verified by a neutral party?? LMAO

Funny deal.. Because I suffer from a right hand tremor. Killed my guitar career. And my wife came to me the other day and told me that someone at her hair place PROMISED her that if I killed off gluten in the diet --- my tremor would be gone.. We're still reviewing the evidence. Because I don't jump just because of anectdotes... Besides I'm looking forward to the brain surgery and it makes using a cellphone or tablet a real blast..

So many medicine men & gals out there...

polar bear, you've clearly jumped ship on rationality. I don't know why I would travel 7,000 miles likely burning fossil fuels to get there when I have a pristine 45 acre farm in my backyard. Plenty-O-Natural Capital where I am!

Your argument is "I'm PolarBear. I have money so shut up. I CAN do what I want and so I WILL do what I want. Look at me drive."

I am so proud you took off your training wheels and admitted where you really are coming from.

Best argument yet. I don't debate you have no interest in your relationship to the earth that gave you life and sustains it--including your fancy pertroluem based lifestyle. But that's the thing, the earth requires no respect or acknowledgement from you to produce the food you need and filter out the toxins you use. And when you die, which the earth cares nothing about, it will recycle your dumb ass into useful material instead of a waste of space. That joke was not funny and I recant it.

Ahhhh.. Careful there. PBear is living closer to the Earth than ANY of us environuts..
Too late... Lecture scheduled to arrive soon...
:eek:

LMAO.....a k00k classic!!!

A Kook Classic

Posted on January 24, 2014by stevengoddard

Kook claimed in 2010 that Antarctic sea ice was growing even as the seas around Antarctica were warming “faster than the global trend“

A Kook Classic | Real Science

Oh God......some days, this site brings me damn close to tears!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

EXACTLY BRO !!!! Just went thru some AArctic Sea Temp charts this week.. But to be fair --- it's another one of pitfalls of AGW to rely on "AVERAGES". When you look at yearly averages of the WHOLE Southern Ocean -- or worse --- the ENTIRE TREND over 30 yrs, it tells you NOTHING about Ice Formation when temperatures are already that cold. Just a couple months a yr really matter to ice in AArctica.

polar bear, you've clearly jumped ship on rationality. I don't know why I would travel 7,000 miles likely burning fossil fuels to get there when I have a pristine 45 acre farm in my backyard. Plenty-O-Natural Capital where I am!

Your argument is "I'm PolarBear. I have money so shut up. I CAN do what I want and so I WILL do what I want. Look at me drive."

I am so proud you took off your training wheels and admitted where you really are coming from.

Best argument yet. I don't debate you have no interest in your relationship to the earth that gave you life and sustains it--including your fancy pertroluem based lifestyle. But that's the thing, the earth requires no respect or acknowledgement from you to produce the food you need and filter out the toxins you use. And when you die, which the earth cares nothing about, it will recycle your dumb ass into useful material instead of a waste of space. That joke was not funny and I recant it.

Who is "jumping the ship on reality" here?
You don`t have to travel 7000 miles to get to South America, its only a little over 4000 miles from the US to the center of Brazil.
Why don`t you get a grip on reality.It`s not even 7000 miles from where you are to the south pole

I`m not sure I share the same view what you consider a "pristine backyard"....where you say you are living off your "natural capital".
I lived for the better part of my adult life in the Yukon where an effeminate idiot like you would not survive the first winter.
That PC you are using to post your crap here, did you carve it out of a piece of wood from your "natural capital"?
How about that TV? Just yesterday you said you have a "long enough attention span to watch PBS" on it...or is your attention span so short, that you can`t remember your own crap you`ve been posting here?

From where do you get the power you use for that TV. I know it can`t be wind or solar because in your previous posts it was clear you have no clue what`s involved in either.

And if its so "pristine" where you say you are then I`m pretty sure you did not carry the groceries and all the rest of the stuff in your house on your back....everything you got was on a "fancy petroleum lifestyle" truck unless you made it from the "natural capital" in your back yard.

And when you die, which the earth cares nothing about, it will recycle your dumb ass into useful material instead of a waste of space. That joke was not funny and I recant it.
That shows where you are coming from...
That joke was not funny and I recant it
So why did you post it?
You freak-commie-liberals are typical people haters but pretend to be concerned about humanity.
"and I recant it" oh how sincere...
Not that it would bother me what kind of spittle drools from the mouth of some fag who has an axe to grind with anyone who does not do what an asshole like you wants them to do...as if I`ld need you to tell me anything.
If it were true what you say about your "natural capital" lifestyle,then you would not know how to change a light bulb because you never owned one.

By the way my attention span is just fine and I recall somebody who said the exact same thing you just said,...and also said that he lives off his "45 acre pristine back-yard" with his "partner"...and posted exactly the same garbage you are.
So now you (and your fag "partner"?) are back here again with a brand new user name posting the same garbage as before over and over again.

If I had not better things to do I`ld dig it up and stick it back into your face.
By the way, next time you walk to town, get yourself some "petroleum lifestyle" meds and calm down, so that you don`t get confused how to spell simple words like "pertroluem" when you have your next tantrum.

Last edited:
More skeptic destruction of the established AGW utter narrative >>>

This is a gem!!! So....all we hear from the handful of global warming OCD's the last week while the US is frozen solid ( nut sacks are turning black everywhere ) is that Australia is cooking!!!

But as usual, the k00k contingent never want you knowing about the past in comparison because then they look like dickheads.

So....found this gem, evidently from the New York Times, circa 1896 >>>

New York Times Reported That Australia Was Much Hotter In 1896

Posted on January 24, 2014

http://stevengoddard.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/screenhunter_294-jan-23-19-14.gif

:D:rofl::D:rofl::D:rofl::D

Last edited:
Industry Awakens to Threat of Climate Change

Sounds like the essential complaint by deniers of "it costs too much" is being challenged headlong. As coal is cheap in China and India, arguments are harder there. But the energy market is not the only concern, its our whole global economic dependency that is being routinely affected by undeniable sources: the refining, the spilling, and the burning of fossil fuels. It starts small but builds and is making its presence felt by major corporations who's main concern is also money.

Once the money argument erodes, so does denier's unity. This has yet to be too public, but as reports come, so will the denier's only valid argument.

Yet none of the concrete ACTIONS of NIKE or COKE will reduce Global Warming. In fact -- More synthethic fabric and materials is the ANTITHESIS of eco-ethics --- aint it??

Well, Coke could set a precedent by stopping the production and distribution of beverages laced with CO2 and other poisons like high fructose corn syrup. That would be a start.

I know, glucose and fructose are terrible!

Why?

Well, Coke could set a precedent by stopping the production and distribution of beverages laced with CO2 and other poisons like high fructose corn syrup. That would be a start.

You're welcome to join the dozens of others that have offered market alternatives..

Puts you at odds with quite of bit of "consensus".. Tee Hee.... And no --- I don't really want to debate it. My neighbor is a huge soda Nazi...

I am one of the denizens who refuse to put that filth in their bodies. And no it is not an overstatement to call high fructose corn syrup a poison, because that is what it is.

Only sucrose for you, right?

stevia, amusing fellow. and i grew 10 plants myself! how about that!

Expert Opinion on Climate Change and Threats to Biodiversity
Expert Opinion on Climate Change said:
Climate experts (i.e., those with a high self-assessed level of knowledge and high number of publications) estimated, on average, that temperature will increase between 3.3°C and 3.5°C over the next 100 years. These estimates are conservative relative to the range of “likely” projected temperature change by the end of the century, according to the IPCC summary for policymakers (2.4°C–6.4°C; Bernstein et al. 2007)....

There was wide agreement that a large percentage of species will go extinct in response to the combined effects of climate change and other causes over the next 100 years, but those respondents with poor self-assessed knowledge of climate change or biotic responses to climate change estimated a mean of 17% and 16%, respectively, whereas those with excellent self-assessed knowledge estimated a mean of 23%. There was also wide agreement among the respondents that a large percentage of species would alter their geographic ranges because of climate change over the next 100 years, but those with poor self-assessed knowledge of climate change or biotic responses to climate change estimated a mean of 46% or 44%, respectively, whereas those with excellent self-assessed knowledge of climate change or biotic responses estimated a mean of 59% or 62% of species, respectively.

Conclusions:
Our survey of 2329 environmental biologists is, to our knowledge, the largest systematic survey of expert opinion about climate change and its impacts...The respondents at all levels of expertise offered fairly conservative estimates of future climate change...Still, the lower values revealed in this survey represent an alarmingly large change.

Last edited:
You're welcome to join the dozens of others that have offered market alternatives..

Puts you at odds with quite of bit of "consensus".. Tee Hee.... And no --- I don't really want to debate it. My neighbor is a huge soda Nazi...

I am one of the denizens who refuse to put that filth in their bodies. And no it is not an overstatement to call high fructose corn syrup a poison, because that is what it is.

Only sucrose for you, right?

I avoid it when I can. You?

The best source for glucose is fruits and non-isolated items. These have many other benefiting factors that sometimes only work in tandem. Nature is complex like that with its simple sugars.

But as usual, the k00k contingent never want you knowing about the past in comparison because then they look like dickheads.

That must explain the difference between the two group's response to these data:

2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

and to these:

509796main_GISS_annual_temperature_anomalies_running.gif

Last edited:
stevia, amusing fellow. and i grew 10 plants myself! how about that!

Expert Opinion on Climate Change and Threats to Biodiversity
Expert Opinion on Climate Change said:
Climate experts (i.e., those with a high self-assessed level of knowledge and high number of publications) estimated, on average, that temperature will increase between 3.3°C and 3.5°C over the next 100 years. These estimates are conservative relative to the range of “likely” projected temperature change by the end of the century, according to the IPCC summary for policymakers (2.4°C–6.4°C; Bernstein et al. 2007)....

There was wide agreement that a large percentage of species will go extinct in response to the combined effects of climate change and other causes over the next 100 years, but those respondents with poor self-assessed knowledge of climate change or biotic responses to climate change estimated a mean of 17% and 16%, respectively, whereas those with excellent self-assessed knowledge estimated a mean of 23%. There was also wide agreement among the respondents that a large percentage of species would alter their geographic ranges because of climate change over the next 100 years, but those with poor self-assessed knowledge of climate change or biotic responses to climate change estimated a mean of 46% or 44%, respectively, whereas those with excellent self-assessed knowledge of climate change or biotic responses estimated a mean of 59% or 62% of species, respectively.

Conclusions:
Our survey of 2329 environmental biologists is, to our knowledge, the largest systematic survey of expert opinion about climate change and its impacts...The respondents at all levels of expertise offered fairly conservative estimates of future climate change...Still, the lower values revealed in this survey represent an alarmingly large change.

Im laughing. Expert "opinion". That's the whole point.......all this climate shit is pure conjecture. Lots of special interest "opinions" presenting lots of loaded data!! That's not science.

The climate crusading OCD's never got the memo, "Opinions are like assholes......."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back