More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't trust that source for anyone's term paper.
That's because you're in cahoots with people who have zero morality when it comes to reporting truth. Truth seems to be anything that gets in the way of their collecting undeserved foundation moneys procured by a systematic alteration of reports to the point of being fiction.

You mean as compared to Fox Opinions, propagandist to the GOP?
All the Dimmies sing the same sad song about Fox, and it goes like this: "You light up my lies...."
:lol:

That's because you're in cahoots with people who have zero morality when it comes to reporting truth. Truth seems to be anything that gets in the way of their collecting undeserved foundation moneys procured by a systematic alteration of reports to the point of being fiction.

All the Dimmies sing the same sad song about Fox, and it goes like this: "You light up my lies...."

I've never seen more compelling evidence of the power of brain washing and propaganda than the conservative cult created by Fox Opinions.

Talk about in goose step about every single detail of every single issue. It is amazing.

And every day they come to places like this and get proven wrong in so many ways, but reject all of that learning out of hand because it's not what the Fox boobs and boobies said.

They can be told anything at all by THE PARTY and never question a thing.

Anybody who doesn't rank that power among the biggest threats that democracy has ever faced is in big time denial.

Given AGW and peak oil, why would any corporation or person oppose the inevitable change from temporary energy sources to permanent energy sources?

Our, as that question is typically framed, what's in it for them?

The answer to that is almost always money.

The source of their payoffs is the same. We, the people.

For fossil fuel corporations, every carbon molecule still on earth, as compared to in the atmosphere where they relocate them to, is a unit of profit. And, as the decisions that we make on energy sources are measured in decades, as they are based on the machinery necessary to extract the energy from its source, the decision is made a decade or so before realization, and determines fuel use for many decades after. What fossil fuel companies have to do to ensure their profitability is to make sure that there will always be machinery out there demanding their fuel, until the last molecule has been turned into profit.

The denialists payoff is different. Theirs is the risk that some of every dollar spent on machinery to harvest energy from permanent sources comes from their wallets, whereby the benefit is more to their children and grandchildren, than to them.

So, it's all about money. And the corporate and personal greed that stems from, it's only and always about me.

A pitiful revelation about the miasma that conservatives have brought about in American culture.

Given AGW and peak oil, why would any corporation or person oppose the inevitable change from temporary energy sources to permanent energy sources?

Given that it's inevitable, why waste trillions in tax dollars to force it early?

When the market decided crude oil worked better and cheaper than whale oil, the market shifted.

When the market decides more expensive and less reliable "green energy" is better than reliable fossil fuels, the market will make that shift. Stop wasting tax dollars on Solyndras.

For fossil fuel corporations, every carbon molecule still on earth, as compared to in the atmosphere where they relocate them to, is a unit of profit. And, as the decisions that we make on energy sources are measured in decades, as they are based on the machinery necessary to extract the energy from its source, the decision is made a decade or so before realization, and determines fuel use for many decades after. What fossil fuel companies have to do to ensure their profitability is to make sure that there will always be machinery out there demanding their fuel, until the last molecule has been turned into profit.

The denialists payoff is different. Theirs is the risk that some of every dollar spent on machinery to harvest energy from permanent sources comes from their wallets, whereby the benefit is more to their children and grandchildren, than to them.

So, it's all about money. And the corporate and personal greed that stems from, it's only and always about me.

A pitiful revelation about the miasma that conservatives have brought about in American culture.

Given that it's inevitable, why waste trillions in tax dollars to force it early?

When the market decided crude oil worked better and cheaper than whale oil, the market shifted.

When the market decides more expensive and less reliable "green energy" is better than reliable fossil fuels, the market will make that shift. Stop wasting tax dollars on Solyndras.

As I said, what fuel that any energy creator uses has about a 10 year lead time. It takes that long from start to finish for a project to result in energy available from whatever source is chosen to materialize. Much, much longer for nuclear.

All of that comes from private funding.

What the government is doing is investing in the technology because no other source makes sense. Why should each power company, for example, fund PV cell or battery technology when the need for and benefit from it will accrue to all of us. Given that, why shouldn't we all invest?

Most other subsidies are loan guarantees which are required at this stage because no private investors will take the risk. Again, why not spread the risk to everyone?

Every major technilogical change has come about this same way.

As I said, what fuel that any energy creator uses has about a 10 year lead time. It takes that long from start to finish for a project to result in energy available from whatever source is chosen to materialize. Much, much longer for nuclear.

What the government is doing is investing in the technology because no other source makes sense. Why should each power company, for example, fund PV cell or battery technology when the need for and benefit from it will accrue to all of us. Given that, why shouldn't we all invest?

Most other subsidies are loan guarantees which are required at this stage because no private investors will take the risk. Again, why not spread the risk to everyone?

Why should each power company, for example, fund PV cell or battery technology when the need for and benefit from it will accrue to all of us.

Private companies will invest when they decide the reward is worth the risk.

Given that, why shouldn't we all invest?

Feel free to invest your own private funds. Leave my tax dollars out of it.

Government is notoriously awful when it comes to funding "green energy".
I could give you a list of the expensive failures where money was given to Obama supporters, but I'm sure you've already seen them.

Why should each power company, for example, fund PV cell or battery technology when the need for and benefit from it will accrue to all of us.

I could give you a list of the expensive failures where money was given to Obama supporters, but I'm sure you've already seen them.

" Private companies will invest when they decide the reward is worth the risk."

Private companies will invest when they decide the reward TO THEM is worth the risk TO THEM.

Keep in mind that there's no such thing as business. Only millions of businesses each trying to optimize only themselves, and only financially.

The only way impacts on all of us are managed is by government.

That’s why your statement, "Government is notoriously awful when it comes to funding "green energy" begs the question, compared to whom? They are the only one in the business of satisfying all of us.

Last edited:

Private companies will invest when they decide the reward TO THEM is worth the risk TO THEM.

Keep in mind that there's no such thing as business. Only millions of businesses each trying to optimize only themselves, and only financially.

That’s why your statement, "Government is notoriously awful when it comes to funding "green energy" begs the question, compared to whom? They are the only one in the business of satisfying all of us.

No kidding, ya idjit!
Look around, those decisions are responsible for your high standard of living.

Obama will invest my money when he decides the reward TO OBAMA outweighs the risk TO MY MONEY. Which is everytime.

"Government is notoriously awful when it comes to funding "green energy" begs the question, compared to whom?

Compared to people risking their own money.

They are the only one in the business of satisfying all of us.

You may be satisfied with the money wasted on Solyndra. I'm not.

No kidding, ya idjit!

Obama will invest my money when he decides the reward TO OBAMA outweighs the risk TO MY MONEY. Which is everytime.

"Government is notoriously awful when it comes to funding "green energy" begs the question, compared to whom?

Clearly if people like you were in charge we would not have had the pony express, the Telegraph, the railroads, automobile roads, the telephone, airplanes, computers, the Internet, sustainable energy, or EVs. Without global leadership in those things go we would not have global leadership.

One of the most important reasons to keep conservatives out of government and business.

I've never seen more compelling evidence of the power of brain washing and propaganda than the conservative cult created by Fox Opinions.

Talk about in goose step about every single detail of every single issue. It is amazing.

And every day they come to places like this and get proven wrong in so many ways, but reject all of that learning out of hand because it's not what the Fox boobs and boobies said.

Anybody who doesn't rank that power among the biggest threats that democracy has ever faced is in big time denial.
Project much?

Project much?

I report behavior that's demonstrated in posts here.

No kidding, ya idjit!

Clearly if people like you were in charge we would not have had the pony express, the Telegraph, the railroads, automobile roads, the telephone, airplanes, computers, the Internet, sustainable energy, or EVs. Without global leadership in those things go we would not have global leadership.

One of the most important reasons to keep conservatives out of government and business.

Obviously no advances ever happened without government giving tax money to political cronies. Why do we bother with the private sector at all?
We should just let government spend all the money in the economy.
They obviously do a better job than individuals do. :cuckoo:

Project much?

500 watts, all the time, any time....

No kidding, ya idjit!

Obviously no advances ever happened without government giving tax money to political cronies. Why do we bother with the private sector at all?
We should just let government spend all the money in the economy.
They obviously do a better job than individuals do. :cuckoo:

That's not what I said, is it.

Epic levels of lose......more classic examples!! Reminds us all........

Its not 2006 anymore!!!

Aussies buck environmentalists, fight to repeal global warming taxes | The Daily Caller

More evidence that the climate crusaders who troll around this forum navigate their life experience in space. There are dozens of posts in this thread and just as many links which display in crystal clear manner that there is virtually zero linkage in the “consensus” science claims and their impact on how the world is creating energy. Virtually none. Below is yet another link that decimates the rhetoric of the global warming k00ks. Green energy is getting its sack ripped off anywhere you look around the world. Far less subsidies now in the EU and now…..and who ever thunk it……Australia, the most progressive “green” country on earth. The electorate is saying “F YOU!!” to all these high energy costs via carbon taxes. Cap and Trade is dead here in the US going on 5 years now and Im still laughing about it.

Indeed……..somebody from the Domination Matrix serves up a deuce to the face of each climate nutter on here almost every day for weeks now on this thread. Evidence of them being pwned can be seen when reading the off the wall angry mental case rants we see from the usual suspects………because the Matrix dishes out public humiliation at such a high rate of frequency as to make the k00ks look laughable to any curious onlooker who wanders into this forum.

In 2013……..nobody gives a flying fcukk about global warming. People are far too caught up in the crappy state of the country to care. And 100% certain, the people have zero interest in paying double the electric bill via carbon takes, thus, the oil continues to flow like a mofu and King Coal moves like a tidal wave through EU nations in 2013. Then there is natural gas kicking booty-booty.

winning

Last edited:
More k00k losing........dang......I find something every day!!!

It?s Not Just Winter, It?s a New Ice Age

Japan slashes greenhouse gas reduction target

Tokyo said the new target for 2020 -- 3.8 percent below 2005 levels -- replaces an ambitious goal to slash emissions by one-quarter from 1990 levels.

The new target, which accounts for idling the country's nuclear reactors after the worst atomic accident in a generation, represents about a three percent rise over levels in 1990, the base year for the Kyoto Protocol, according to the environment ministry.

LOL!

Todd.....awesome find!!! More k00k losing.

Maybe they'll up their font to 48 point for maximum losing effect!!!:lol::lol: I don't think Thunders is big enough myself!!!!

One has to wonder how long Skook whined about the horseless carriage or the iron horse or the airplane replacing real horses. Decades for sure.

It has to do with a democracy's need for an "informed electorate". Fox is working in the opposite direction.

It has to do with a democracy's need for an "informed electorate". Fox is working in the opposite direction.

All it takes is a little knowledge of history to understand the threat that propaganda poses, especially to a democracy. It is irresistible to certain personality types. And they are completely unaware of having fallen for it.

What I don't understand with Fox is the fairly commonly-held opinion that admits Fox's conservative bias but believes it's not only acceptable but desirable because of the perceived liberal bias in other networks. What seems lacking is an honest desire for objective news sources. Fans of Fox seem to WANT to hear biased news. Even those that might admit other sources are objective - or at least less subjective - prefer to listen to Fox. Of course we all like having our predispositions verified. But don't we all also like to learn? Can it be satisfying to learn material we know is flawed? I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back