More record temps

Solomon (2011) paper

"Near-global satellite aerosol data imply a negative radiative forcing due to stratospheric aerosol changes over this period of about –0.1 W/m2, reducing the recent global warming that would otherwise have occurred."

Record Events for Mon Mar 14, 2011 through Sun Mar 20, 2011

High Temperatures: 537
Low Temperatures: 11

HAMweather Climate Center - Record High Temperatures for The Past Week - Continental US View

But guess what s0n??????????

NOBODY CARES!!!!!

Only 33% Think Most Americans Blame Humans for Global Warming

Thursday, March 24, 2011

President Obama, former Vice President Al Gore and the United Nations, among others, argue that global warming is chiefly caused by human activity. A plurality of voters recognize that this view is held mostly by liberals rather than by all Americans.

In fact, a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 33% of Likely U.S. Voters mistakenly think most Americans agree that global warming is caused primarily by human activity. Forty-six percent (46%) recognize that the view is held primarily by liberals (To see survey question wording, click here.).

Only 33% Think Most Americans Blame Humans for Global Warming - Rasmussen Reports™

Know what that means asshole?

Your side lost the debate!!!!:fu:

Of course, kicking numbers around for shits and giggles can be a bit of fun I guess!!!!:funnyface::funnyface::funnyface:

I'm afraid you can't change objective reality with a vote.

Record Events for Mon Mar 14, 2011 through Sun Mar 20, 2011

High Temperatures: 537
Low Temperatures: 11

HAMweather Climate Center - Record High Temperatures for The Past Week - Continental US View

NOBODY CARES!!!!!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

President Obama, former Vice President Al Gore and the United Nations, among others, argue that global warming is chiefly caused by human activity. A plurality of voters recognize that this view is held mostly by liberals rather than by all Americans.

In fact, a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 33% of Likely U.S. Voters mistakenly think most Americans agree that global warming is caused primarily by human activity. Forty-six percent (46%) recognize that the view is held primarily by liberals (To see survey question wording, click here.).

Only 33% Think Most Americans Blame Humans for Global Warming - Rasmussen Reports™

Of course, kicking numbers around for shits and giggles can be a bit of fun I guess!!!!:funnyface::funnyface::funnyface:

But the IPCC scientists, the overwhelming majority of whom never did any research on the subject, in effect "voted' to endorse the report ascribing warming to AGW.

Your post makes no sense s0n.............no amount of explanation can help............

On Thought Process Disorder: see "loose associations" and "perseverative thinking".

Mental status examination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're evading the question, Lad.

You made an assertion that public opinion determines climate change.

Apparently you are now recanting that position.

We'll just have to presume, since you are not man enough to respond honestly, that even you must realize that what you wrote doesn't really make sense.

Last edited:

NOBODY CARES!!!!!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

But the IPCC scientists, the overwhelming majority of whom never did any research on the subject, in effect "voted' to endorse the report ascribing warming to AGW.

Now why don't you just back that lying assertation up?

C'Mon........who cares if all of them were involved in the research? Doesnt make a dime's bit of difference.
Add anyway........the IPCC hs been exposed as a total fraud in the last 2 years.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/2377-ipcc-researchers-admit-global-warming-fraud

And please with the investigation that found proof of no wrongdoing.........completed by a comittee of peers. In my line of work over the last 25 years, Ive had to initiate somewhere in the whereabouts of 350 investigations. In every single case, an OUTSIDE and UNAFFILIATED division of quality assurance came in to review the evidence and take statements. Had I tried to investigate even one of those 350 cases on my own..........Id lose my job.......... because of the outside PERCEPTION that I could not have arrived at a determination wihtout some level of subjectivity.

The IPCC is a fraud.

Last edited:
41058656460a86577b8194d85867-1.jpg

At 3 p.m., the temperature in Central Park hit a chart-topping 104 degrees, blowing past the previous same-day record of 101 established in 1957—and another record of 102 degrees set earlier Friday, according to the National Weather Service.

PSE&G said 20,000 customers in New Jersey lost power, though 5,000 of those were because of a storm in the afternoon, not the heat. Jersey Central Power & Light also reported failures throughout central and northwestern New Jersey, with 500 or fewer people affected in some towns, and between 5,000 and 10,000 people affected in Toms River.

The mercury hit 108 in Newark, N.J, breaking both the same-day record of 101 set in 1957 and the all-time record of 105 that was hit on Aug. 9, 2001.

Record-High Heat Scorches Region - WSJ.com

Oh my!

Combine that with high humity and high ozone and the weather is positively deadly.

I couldn't believe how uncomfortable it was thurday here in Maine.

I really love hots summer days and night but the mercury definitely challenged my affection for hot weather on that day.

YOu cannot imagine how much I congratulate myself for having the foresight to move out of the mid-Atlantic states nearly 25 years ago.

I saw the evlevation in average termperatures coming and reckoned that moving to Maine would buy us a few decades before the summer temps were ...well...what they've become down in PA, NJ, NY, and CT and even MA.

Clearly the only real East Coast solution (assuming this trend continues) will be to migrate with the seasons such that you avoid both the extremes of winter (which seem to be moving South) and the extremes of summer (which appear to be migrating North).

At 3 p.m., the temperature in Central Park hit a chart-topping 104 degrees, blowing past the previous same-day record of 101 established in 1957—and another record of 102 degrees set earlier Friday, according to the National Weather Service.

PSE&G said 20,000 customers in New Jersey lost power, though 5,000 of those were because of a storm in the afternoon, not the heat. Jersey Central Power & Light also reported failures throughout central and northwestern New Jersey, with 500 or fewer people affected in some towns, and between 5,000 and 10,000 people affected in Toms River.

The mercury hit 108 in Newark, N.J, breaking both the same-day record of 101 set in 1957 and the all-time record of 105 that was hit on Aug. 9, 2001.

Record-High Heat Scorches Region - WSJ.com

Oh my!

Combine that with high humity and high ozone and the weather is positively deadly.

I couldn't believe how uncomfortable it was thurday here in Maine.

I really love hots summer days and night but the mercury definitely challenged my affection for hot weather on that day.

YOu cannot imagine how much I congratulate myself for having the foresight to move out of the mid-Atlantic states nearly 25 years ago.

I saw the evlevation in average termperatures coming and reckoned that moving to Maine would buy us a few decades before the summer temps were ...well...what they've become down in PA, NJ, NY, and CT and even MA.

Clearly the only real East Coast solution (assuming this trend continues) will be to migrate with the seasons such that you avoid both the extremes of winter (which seem to be moving South) and the extremes of summer (which appear to be migrating North).

Nova Scotia bro.............

IDK.......I always wanted to go there............

About 1000 scientists literally voted to accept the report. Do your homework - I'm not tutoring anyone about news events.

When will the Weather Channel stop intentionally misreporting?! It wasn't a high pressure system, it was ManMade Global Warming!

Amirgth?

Old Rocks? Chris? Konrad?

Weather Channel said it was a "High pressure system" What are they, Deniers?

Media Myth Debunked: Almost No Temperature Records Broken in Last Week's 'Record-Breaking Heat'

All last week, global warming-obsessed media were rife with reports about record-breaking heat.

Problem is, according to the National Climatic Data Center, and marvelously reported by the Hockey Schtick Sunday, almost no temperature records were actually broken:

[T]he NOAA database of all-time Max Temperature...shows that there were no records broken on July 17, July 18, July 19, or July 20th. A total of 4 stations broke records on July 21, 20 on July 22, and 10 on July 23, 2011.

That's right. There were only 34 new all-time daily temperature records set during last week's "record-breaking heat."

This is out of over 6000 records previously set for each day since such things have been reported.

For instance, the four set Thursday were out of 6,219 historically for that day. This represented only 0.06 percent.

On Friday, 20 records were set out of 6,108, or 0.3 percent.

As you can see, the actual records broken were statistically insignificant.

Yet a Google search of "record-breaking heat July 2011" produced almost 35 million results.

That's more than a million stories per new record set.

Seems the exaggeration at play is even greater than the number of Americans now claiming they attended Woodstock.

Makes you wonder if all these so-called journalists were smoking something last week as if they were still at Max Yasgur's farm.

THE HOCKEY SCHTICK: 'Record-breaking' US heat wave breaks records at < 0.4% of stations during past week

Last edited:
Tommyc, those noaa records are only for all time tempertures for the entire month, not for the day and city.

And they are not even updated beyond April 2011 when you click on the link...

You need to get away from right wing nut blogs....

Here's the real info....

Record Events for Sun Jul 17, 2011 through Sat Jul 23, 2011

High Temperatures: 940
Low Temperatures: 108

Tommyc, those noaa records are only for all time tempertures for the entire month, not for the day and city.

And they are not even updated beyond April 2011 when you click on the link...

You need to get away from right wing nut blogs....

Here's the real info....

Record Events for Sun Jul 17, 2011 through Sat Jul 23, 2011

High Temperatures: 940
Low Temperatures: 108

So NOAA doesn't count huh?:lol:

Forum List

Back