More record temps

3-women-laughing-4.jpg

Sure area's are going to have record highs, but the skeptics are then going to say how they occurred in the past. Portland has had a week straight of 100 degree temperatures, but that doesn't really matter. Why because that was likely a once every 200 year event---a warming world would mean a 200 year event will become a 150 year a event and pretty soon become 100, 50, 25, 10, ect year event. That is of more importance. Once it gets down to just mere decades it becomes normal as the great floods within the United states, ect.

Remember the 1930-1940s were nearly as warm as today within the United states and records from that period will be challenged within this period. Yes I'm admitting that this period within the United states was as warm as today...As the 1960s, 1970s had a cooling within north America.

What our friends the warmers are talking about is the global avg---I'm sure there is even places like the east antarctic ice sheet that has cooled in the past 50 years, but that doesn't really matter.

" Portland has had a week straight of 100 degree temperatures,..."

You sure about that? Cause the NOAA and NWS paint a different picture...

National Weather Service - NWS Portland

KPDX201107plot-2.png

Matter of fact if you look at the data chart under that graphic on the page, there is not one single record high for 2011 in the month of july yet.. Yep that is not one single record high despite a week straight of 100 degree temps... Or actually 60's, 70's, and a few 80's degree weather.... Care to explain this?

Just so you know I am not cherry picking or lying, here is another source..

Portland, Oregon, U.S.A. historic weather for the past week

wquery.php

Hmm, looks like a high of 78 to me for the last week so far... Matter of fact the last link has the temperature recorded pretty much on the hour for the last week and they don't show 100 degree temps at all...

Yesterday was the first hot day in New York this YEAR. WTF.....its almost August??!!

Its like I said above.......some people's baseline for hysteria is real low. WHo can explain it? I have a brother in-law who freaks out at the mere sight of a spider...........guy practices martial arts every day yet runs for the hills in the presence of an anachra = damage. We all know mothers of small children who get mental about thier kids environment and dive across the table if a kid starts coughing when eating = damage. The people in the store buying two weeks worth of food when an Alberta Clipper snowstorm hits the weather maps = damage.

Its the same thing with these people who get over the top every time there is a weather anomoly, anomolies which have been happening for billions of years, by the way. Perhaps seeing the Wizard of Oz at a young age left them traumatized..........the tornado lifting the house into the air? A dropped ice cream cone as a kid melting quickly on the asphalt in the summer heat? Watching a parent freak out at a young age due to a thunder boom? Thats how shit like this happens...........a conditioned response of hysteria to events that to most people are everyday occurrences. There is some damage there folks..........

These people are environmental extremists. Many of the things advocated by environmental extremists, for example, are things that most of us might think of as good things. But, in politics, they become good ghings whose repercussions and costs are brushed aside as unworthy considerations. Nobody wants to breathe dirty air or drink dirty water, however, if either becomes 98 percent pure, 99 percent pure or 99.9 percent pure, there is some point beyond which the costs skyrocket and the benefits become meager or non-existent. If the slightest trace of any impurity were fatal, the human race would have become extinct thousands of years ago. Not only does the body have defenses to neutralize small amounts of some impurities, some things that are dangerous, or even fatal, in substantial amounts can become harmless or even beneficial in extremely minute amounts, arsenic being one example. As an old adage put it: "It is the dose that makes the poison.". Obviously, removing arsenic from our drinking water should obviously be a very high priority -- but not after we have gotten it down to some extremely minute trace. There is never going to be 100 percent clean water or air and, the closer we get to that, the more costly it is to remove extremely minute traces of anything. But none of this matters to those who see ever higher standards of "clean water" or "clean air" as a good thing = damage.

The perception of the environment as assessed by these k00ks is simply over the top........and funny.........even if what they advocate as AGW truth could be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, the thought that our race could actually do something about it and have any significant impact given socio-economic realities speaks even more to significant damage.:eek::eek::eek:

Anyway........perhaps most concerning is this insistence of the environmental radicals to continue with this alarmist strategy which is crashing and burning right before their eyes...........and their response is to go from alarmist to hyper-alarmist to armagheddon bomb-thrower alarmist. YIKES..........

Sure area's are going to have record highs, but the skeptics are then going to say how they occurred in the past. Portland has had a week straight of 100 degree temperatures, but that doesn't really matter. Why because that was likely a once every 200 year event---a warming world would mean a 200 year event will become a 150 year a event and pretty soon become 100, 50, 25, 10, ect year event. That is of more importance. Once it gets down to just mere decades it becomes normal as the great floods within the United states, ect.

Remember the 1930-1940s were nearly as warm as today within the United states and records from that period will be challenged within this period. Yes I'm admitting that this period within the United states was as warm as today...As the 1960s, 1970s had a cooling within north America.

What our friends the warmers are talking about is the global avg---I'm sure there is even places like the east antarctic ice sheet that has cooled in the past 50 years, but that doesn't really matter.

KPDX201107plot-2.png

Matter of fact if you look at the data chart under that graphic on the page, there is not one single record high for 2011 in the month of july yet.. Yep that is not one single record high despite a week straight of 100 degree temps... Or actually 60's, 70's, and a few 80's degree weather.... Care to explain this?

wquery.php

Hmm, looks like a high of 78 to me for the last week so far... Matter of fact the last link has the temperature recorded pretty much on the hour for the last week and they don't show 100 degree temps at all...

I'm talking about the 1980 not this year. This year is cooler then hell.

Yesterday was the first hot day in New York this YEAR. WTF.....its almost August??!!

Its like I said above.......some people's baseline for hysteria is real low. WHo can explain it? I have a brother in-law who freaks out at the mere sight of a spider...........guy practices martial arts every day yet runs for the hills in the presence of an anachra = damage. We all know mothers of small children who get mental about thier kids environment and dive across the table if a kid starts coughing when eating = damage. The people in the store buying two weeks worth of food when an Alberta Clipper snowstorm hits the weather maps = damage.

Its the same thing with these people who get over the top every time there is a weather anomoly, anomolies which have been happening for billions of years, by the way. Perhaps seeing the Wizard of Oz at a young age left them traumatized..........the tornado lifting the house into the air? A dropped ice cream cone as a kid melting quickly on the asphalt in the summer heat? Watching a parent freak out at a young age due to a thunder boom? Thats how shit like this happens...........a conditioned response of hysteria to events that to most people are everyday occurrences. There is some damage there folks..........

These people are environmental extremists. Many of the things advocated by environmental extremists, for example, are things that most of us might think of as good things. But, in politics, they become good ghings whose repercussions and costs are brushed aside as unworthy considerations. Nobody wants to breathe dirty air or drink dirty water, however, if either becomes 98 percent pure, 99 percent pure or 99.9 percent pure, there is some point beyond which the costs skyrocket and the benefits become meager or non-existent. If the slightest trace of any impurity were fatal, the human race would have become extinct thousands of years ago. Not only does the body have defenses to neutralize small amounts of some impurities, some things that are dangerous, or even fatal, in substantial amounts can become harmless or even beneficial in extremely minute amounts, arsenic being one example. As an old adage put it: "It is the dose that makes the poison.". Obviously, removing arsenic from our drinking water should obviously be a very high priority -- but not after we have gotten it down to some extremely minute trace. There is never going to be 100 percent clean water or air and, the closer we get to that, the more costly it is to remove extremely minute traces of anything. But none of this matters to those who see ever higher standards of "clean water" or "clean air" as a good thing = damage.

The perception of the environment as assessed by these k00ks is simply over the top........and funny.........even if what they advocate as AGW truth could be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, the thought that our race could actually do something about it and have any significant impact given socio-economic realities speaks even more to significant damage.:eek::eek::eek:

Anyway........perhaps most concerning is this insistence of the environmental radicals to continue with this alarmist strategy which is crashing and burning right before their eyes...........and their response is to go from alarmist to hyper-alarmist to armagheddon bomb-thrower alarmist. YIKES..........

KPDX201107plot-2.png

wquery.php

I'm talking about the 1980 not this year. This year is cooler then hell.

Might want to clarify that then cause you didn't mention the 80's in that sentence. Kinda hard to ascertain you meant the 80's in that first part. You mentioned other decades later on but not that decade...

Okay I am tired of this silly thread now. When it comes down to the two of you posting record temps and charts or graphs that have no real significance without a link to back them or some context, I know its done. Moving on you guys post your temps..LOL

Here is channel 5 data from Amsu-A.

Brown=2010
HOT pink=2011
Purple=2008
Yellow=2005

We're between 2010 and 2005 right now.

Advanced Microwave Sounding Unit-A (AMSU-A) Instrument Guide — GES DISC: Goddard Earth Sciences, Data & Information Services Center

Advanced Microwave Sounding Unit-A (AMSU-A) Instrument Guide

Summary:
The AIRS/AMSU/HSB suite of instruments is flying on board of Aqua satellite, and thus their "overpass" pattern is this of Aqua.

The Advanced Microwave Sounding Unit-A (AMSU-A) is a multi-channel microwave temperature/humidity sounder that measures global atmospheric temperature profiles and provides information on atmospheric water in all of it's forms (with the exception of small ice particles, which are transparent at microwave frequencies). Information from AMSU-A in the presence of clouds is used to correct the infrared measurements for the effects of clouds.

The AMSU-A instrument consists of two independent modules (AMSU-A1 and AMSU-A2), with each module having separate spacecraft interfaces. AMSU-A1 module uses two antenna-radiometer systems (A1-1 and A1-2) to provide twelve channels in the 50 to 60 GHz oxygen band for retrieving the atmospheric temperature profile from the Earth's surface to about 42 kilometers (or 2 mb). The AMSU-A1 module also contains a channel at 89 GHz, while AMSU-A2 has two channels at 23.8 and 31.4 GHz to identify precipitation and correct for surface emissivity, atmospheric liquid water, and water vapor effects. These window channels are also used to derive rain rate, sea ice concentration, and snow cover for example.

The instrument is a direct descendant of the NOAA Microwave Sounding Unit (MSU). Although the basic measurement and instrument concepts are the same, the capabilities of AMSU-A exceed significantly those of MSU. The first AMSU-A instrument was launched, as part of the NOAA Advanced TOVS (ATOVS) system, on NOAA-K (now NOAA-15) in May 1998 providing operational heritage for the AIRS/AMSU-A/HSB mission. The AMSU-A instrument will also fly on the NOAA-L and -M satellites prior to the EOS AQUA launch.

Brown=2010
HOT pink=2011
Purple=2008
Yellow=2005

Advanced Microwave Sounding Unit-A (AMSU-A) Instrument Guide — GES DISC: Goddard Earth Sciences, Data & Information Services Center

Summary:
The AIRS/AMSU/HSB suite of instruments is flying on board of Aqua satellite, and thus their "overpass" pattern is this of Aqua.

The Advanced Microwave Sounding Unit-A (AMSU-A) is a multi-channel microwave temperature/humidity sounder that measures global atmospheric temperature profiles and provides information on atmospheric water in all of it's forms (with the exception of small ice particles, which are transparent at microwave frequencies). Information from AMSU-A in the presence of clouds is used to correct the infrared measurements for the effects of clouds.

The AMSU-A instrument consists of two independent modules (AMSU-A1 and AMSU-A2), with each module having separate spacecraft interfaces. AMSU-A1 module uses two antenna-radiometer systems (A1-1 and A1-2) to provide twelve channels in the 50 to 60 GHz oxygen band for retrieving the atmospheric temperature profile from the Earth's surface to about 42 kilometers (or 2 mb). The AMSU-A1 module also contains a channel at 89 GHz, while AMSU-A2 has two channels at 23.8 and 31.4 GHz to identify precipitation and correct for surface emissivity, atmospheric liquid water, and water vapor effects. These window channels are also used to derive rain rate, sea ice concentration, and snow cover for example.

The instrument is a direct descendant of the NOAA Microwave Sounding Unit (MSU). Although the basic measurement and instrument concepts are the same, the capabilities of AMSU-A exceed significantly those of MSU. The first AMSU-A instrument was launched, as part of the NOAA Advanced TOVS (ATOVS) system, on NOAA-K (now NOAA-15) in May 1998 providing operational heritage for the AIRS/AMSU-A/HSB mission. The AMSU-A instrument will also fly on the NOAA-L and -M satellites prior to the EOS AQUA launch.

No one cares what the device they use is oldsocks, and your attempts to mask the utterly ignorant things you say and do on here on a regular basis by googling up data and information to pump up your image Too funny for words now.. Please keep it up MENSA man ..:lol::lol:

Okay, I almost never say this but it was too damned HOT today.

That's probably why I am up in the middle of the night. I went into a heat coma too early yesterday evening and woke up at 1 AM

EVen my "almost free air conditioning" system (drafting cool air up from my basement and jettisoning the house's hotter from the attic) system failed to keep my house cool today.

Usually even in the hottest days of summer, that would be enough to make the house comfortable.

Not today!

Now come on, people. G-string states that the heat is all in your imagination. The warming is not happening, all of that is just a 'liberal' hoax.

A very warm hoax.

Brown=2010
HOT pink=2011
Purple=2008
Yellow=2005

Summary:

No one cares what the device they use is oldsocks, and your attempts to mask the utterly ignorant things you say and do on here on a regular basis by googling up data and information to pump up your image Too funny for words now.. Please keep it up MENSA man ..:lol::lol:

Yessirree......... I cheat like hell, g-string. I quote real scientists. How demeaning.:razz:

Summary:

Yessirree......... I cheat like hell, g-string. I quote real scientists. How demeaning.:razz:

right.............real scientists like the political hack Peter Gleick of the Pacific Insistute. A radical environmental think tank in California. Yup.........I saw those quotes earlier this AM.:fu:

Pacific Institute - SourceWatch

Forum List

Back