More record temps

What does "Who's not winning" have to do with science?

Do you think the GLOBAL CLIMATE takes a poll to decide what it will do?

Ummm.........how about everything s0n!!!

Reads like magical thinking,, but perhaps you'll be kind enough to connect the dots for me.

Its posts like this that prove my point.

The "point" in contention is your apparent theory that the CLIMATE is decided by who wins elections.

I'm asking you to show me how that works.

Can you?

Before you are allowed to post on this message board, you should have to show minimum competence in the area of Civics.

Oh I see, now CIVICS is the determinant factor to climate? Again, please show us the mechanizm that makes that happen.

Now.......I guess there is a possiblitly that some view global climate as just like a hobby where you kick around data figures and shoot the shit about the heat and glaciers. IDK.......thats about as useful as us all getting together and contemplating on our navels = the perfect analogy.

I don't really have a POV on climate change.

But I definitely DO have a POV about whether the outcomes of elections manifest as climate change. I think they are not related events.

You apprently disagree.

I'm asking you to show me how that works.

Anyway........in some cases, making an effort at schooling the hoplessly naive is hardly worth it.:coffee: For sure, Old Rocks knows exactly what I mean!!!:2up:

I'm waiting for your argument about how the outcomes of elections change climate.

Your opions about me or OR, while fascinating to you, I suppose, is not really of much interest to me.

I am however, curious to see how your mind works in regard to your assertion that climate is an ourcome of political elections.

Temperature dropped 10 degrees today. Global cooling? Has to be right? Was hot yesterday and that was because of Global Warming, so today has to be Global Cooling

So.......has anybody identified the perseverative thinking forum member yet?:funnyface:

off-effexor-800X800-2.jpg

ps.......s0n.......you should check this shit out and Im not kidding. Miracle potential for a re-set of the setting screws and off the hampster wheel thinking. Its a serotonin uptake issue changed only via pharmacological aids......therapeutic range 150mg to 300mg.

Last edited:
Yet another day of cool temps in Oaklandtown.

Today's forecast is for 2 degrees below the average, and 30 degrees below the record.

Poor, cold tomato plants.

At 3 p.m., the temperature in Central Park hit a chart-topping 104 degrees, blowing past the previous same-day record of 101 established in 1957—and another record of 102 degrees set earlier Friday, according to the National Weather Service.

PSE&G said 20,000 customers in New Jersey lost power, though 5,000 of those were because of a storm in the afternoon, not the heat. Jersey Central Power & Light also reported failures throughout central and northwestern New Jersey, with 500 or fewer people affected in some towns, and between 5,000 and 10,000 people affected in Toms River.

The mercury hit 108 in Newark, N.J, breaking both the same-day record of 101 set in 1957 and the all-time record of 105 that was hit on Aug. 9, 2001.

Record-High Heat Scorches Region - WSJ.com

At 3 p.m., the temperature in Central Park hit a chart-topping 104 degrees, blowing past the previous same-day record of 101 established in 1957—and another record of 102 degrees set earlier Friday, according to the National Weather Service.

PSE&G said 20,000 customers in New Jersey lost power, though 5,000 of those were because of a storm in the afternoon, not the heat. Jersey Central Power & Light also reported failures throughout central and northwestern New Jersey, with 500 or fewer people affected in some towns, and between 5,000 and 10,000 people affected in Toms River.

The mercury hit 108 in Newark, N.J, breaking both the same-day record of 101 set in 1957 and the all-time record of 105 that was hit on Aug. 9, 2001.

You know what would solve that power outage problem? Shutting down all coal-fired power plants.

Record Snow Falls in Central Park, February Snowiest Month Ever - DNAinfo.com

:lol::lol::cuckoo::lol::lol:

Yeah imagine that. The last time the record was set the thermometer was in a nice big open field. Now it's situated right next to a nice hot building.....amidst a sea of concrete.
I wonder if it is on the south facing side?

Yeah imagine that. The last time the record was set the thermometer was in a nice big open field. Now it's situated right next to a nice hot building.....amidst a sea of concrete.
I wonder if it is on the south facing side?
No, no, they say they take that into account.

Then again -- they say a lot of shit.

LOL. There were a bunch here yahooing that Muller was going to blast the climate scientists out of the water. Instead, he confirmed their findings. Including the data from the surface stations. LOL

Experts Heat Up Over Berkeley Lab Scientist's Quest to 'Calm' Climate Change Debate - NYTimes.com

BEST's preliminary results show a warming trend of 0.7 degrees Celsius since 1957. That result, which Muller called "unexpected," is similar to the findings of independent analyses by NASA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the U.K. Hadley Centre.

"The world temperature data has sufficient integrity to be used to determine temperature trends," Muller told the House Science, Space and Technology Committee.

That contradicts arguments made by climate skeptics -- including blogger Anthony Watts of "Watts Up With That?" -- who allege that many of the weather stations are located in areas that would bias their observations. A station might be placed in a rural area that is eventually enveloped by development, creating a situation where the urban heat island effect could influence the observations it collects, for example.

A study published last year by researchers at NOAA's National Climatic Data Center found evidence that some weather station temperature data are of poor quality -- but it concluded the problematic data would add a slight bias toward cooling in climate analyses.

Watts -- who Muller called "a hero" for his weather station work -- isn't convinced. And he's not happy about the preliminary analysis by Muller's BEST team, judging by comments he posted on his blog. They include a letter rebutting Muller's testimony, which Watts submitted yesterday to the House Science panel before its hearing had concluded

LOL. There were a bunch here yahooing that Muller was going to blast the climate scientists out of the water. Instead, he confirmed their findings. Including the data from the surface stations. LOL

Experts Heat Up Over Berkeley Lab Scientist's Quest to 'Calm' Climate Change Debate - NYTimes.com

BEST's preliminary results show a warming trend of 0.7 degrees Celsius since 1957. That result, which Muller called "unexpected," is similar to the findings of independent analyses by NASA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the U.K. Hadley Centre.

"The world temperature data has sufficient integrity to be used to determine temperature trends," Muller told the House Science, Space and Technology Committee.

That contradicts arguments made by climate skeptics -- including blogger Anthony Watts of "Watts Up With That?" -- who allege that many of the weather stations are located in areas that would bias their observations. A station might be placed in a rural area that is eventually enveloped by development, creating a situation where the urban heat island effect could influence the observations it collects, for example.

A study published last year by researchers at NOAA's National Climatic Data Center found evidence that some weather station temperature data are of poor quality -- but it concluded the problematic data would add a slight bias toward cooling in climate analyses.

Watts -- who Muller called "a hero" for his weather station work -- isn't convinced. And he's not happy about the preliminary analysis by Muller's BEST team, judging by comments he posted on his blog. They include a letter rebutting Muller's testimony, which Watts submitted yesterday to the House Science panel before its hearing had concluded

.7c since 1957? Holy crap that is almost twice the giss.:eek::eek:

Uh ohhhhhh,........Looks like the Koch brothers are funders. The alarmists will disavow BEST now that that info is out.

"But yesterday wasn't the first time the BEST effort has come under scrutiny. Joe Romm, a senior fellow at the liberal Center for American Progress, has called into question the study's funders, which include the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation -- which has supported efforts opposing mainstream climate change science."

Advanced Microwave Sounding Unit-A (AMSU-A) Instrument Guide — GES DISC: Goddard Earth Sciences, Data & Information Services Center

Advanced Microwave Sounding Unit-A (AMSU-A) Instrument Guide

Summary:
The AIRS/AMSU/HSB suite of instruments is flying on board of Aqua satellite, and thus their "overpass" pattern is this of Aqua.

The Advanced Microwave Sounding Unit-A (AMSU-A) is a multi-channel microwave temperature/humidity sounder that measures global atmospheric temperature profiles and provides information on atmospheric water in all of it's forms (with the exception of small ice particles, which are transparent at microwave frequencies). Information from AMSU-A in the presence of clouds is used to correct the infrared measurements for the effects of clouds.

The AMSU-A instrument consists of two independent modules (AMSU-A1 and AMSU-A2), with each module having separate spacecraft interfaces. AMSU-A1 module uses two antenna-radiometer systems (A1-1 and A1-2) to provide twelve channels in the 50 to 60 GHz oxygen band for retrieving the atmospheric temperature profile from the Earth's surface to about 42 kilometers (or 2 mb). The AMSU-A1 module also contains a channel at 89 GHz, while AMSU-A2 has two channels at 23.8 and 31.4 GHz to identify precipitation and correct for surface emissivity, atmospheric liquid water, and water vapor effects. These window channels are also used to derive rain rate, sea ice concentration, and snow cover for example.

The instrument is a direct descendant of the NOAA Microwave Sounding Unit (MSU). Although the basic measurement and instrument concepts are the same, the capabilities of AMSU-A exceed significantly those of MSU. The first AMSU-A instrument was launched, as part of the NOAA Advanced TOVS (ATOVS) system, on NOAA-K (now NOAA-15) in May 1998 providing operational heritage for the AIRS/AMSU-A/HSB mission. The AMSU-A instrument will also fly on the NOAA-L and -M satellites prior to the EOS AQUA launch.

No one cares what the device they use is oldsocks, and your attempts to mask the utterly ignorant things you say and do on here on a regular basis by googling up data and information to pump up your image Too funny for words now.. Please keep it up MENSA man ..:lol::lol:

Yessirree......... I cheat like hell, g-string. I quote real scientists. How demeaning.:razz:

No socks, its not cheating you're just completely ignorant of what you post. Now please tell us about MENSA...:lol:

Forum List

Back