More record temps

Tommyc, those noaa records are only for all time tempertures for the entire month, not for the day and city.

And they are not even updated beyond April 2011 when you click on the link...

You need to get away from right wing nut blogs....

Here's the real info....

Record Events for Sun Jul 17, 2011 through Sat Jul 23, 2011

High Temperatures: 940
Low Temperatures: 108

HAMweather Climate Center - Record High Temperatures for The Past Week - Continental US View

So NOAA doesn't count huh?:lol:

Reading is fundamental.

Read my post again.

Tommyc, those noaa records are only for all time tempertures for the entire month, not for the day and city.

And they are not even updated beyond April 2011 when you click on the link...

You need to get away from right wing nut blogs....

Here's the real info....

Record Events for Sun Jul 17, 2011 through Sat Jul 23, 2011

High Temperatures: 940
Low Temperatures: 108

HAMweather Climate Center - Record High Temperatures for The Past Week - Continental US View

So NOAA doesn't count huh?:lol:

Reading is fundamental.

Read my post again.

Deflection comes in pretty damn handy too, in your case Chris.

Explaining the 108 new lows ought to prove interesting...

Each time some one post this question or something related to it I'm going to post this. :tongue::tongue:

This heat wave is Caused by a death ridge over the midwest at 500 millibars.The cooler then normal air--- on each side of a ridge there is normally a "trough" a trough is a dip within the jet stream with the cooler air to the north of the jet stream...So imagine the midwest is within a intense ridge with record hot and dry weather, but the west coast is within the cold and rainy crap. One of the coldest for Portland in the past 70 years so far. :( Lets think about the ridge as divergence at the surface, which pretty much means the air is moving inwards at the upper levels 200-300 millibars, but moving outwards as it moves to 500 to 1013 millibars. What this does is increase the pressure of the column of air and that rises the pressure. This also does the opposite of the air within a area of low pressure. Air within the northern side of the jet stream normally favors low pressure area's and is cooler as said above. Low pressure moves inward and warm moist air raises into the Atmosphere and cools towards its dew point--->this is what we call condensation once it cools to that. Clouds and rainy weather. The air raising from the surface to the 25-40 thousand feet is why a low pressure is called a low pressure, and is why it lowers the pressure as the column of air is now pressing down less pressure onto the surface.

A low pressure of 992 millibars is causing 9,920 bars of pressure on the surface, but a high could cause 1020 millibars or 10,200 bars onto that surface. :tongue: In yes that is a difference of air pressure pressing onto the surface.

Not really so much climate when you think about the day to day, but imagine for a second that the above avg area's are above normal, but cover a larger area of the earth and of course your going to get below normal area's at the same time---the earth is not uniform my friends...It really is how you avg it out is how you get a idea of what changes a change climate may of had. Europe and the east coast last winter was very cold, but the arctic was 10-15c warmer then normal at the same time. Much of northern russia to was warmer if I remember...

Lets look at this in another way...

You have 10,526,000 sq miles of .5c above normal
You have 6,546,456 sq miles at -.5c above normal
Yes this is very simple, but lets say for a second that those two made up the surface area of the earth...You would have a above normal global avg!:eek:

Portland can be colder, but a larger percentage of the United states has been above normal so far this summer season---In I agree it is one of the coldest summers I've seen.

When you increase the "heat" you also increase the cold anomalies, but the heat or above avg is larger in scale then the cold anomalies. Weather being that the jet stream and weather systems will still spin around our globe, but the droughts and rainfalls will increase.

That might go over your heads being that you might think, wow shit, if you have more rainfall shouldn't there be NO droughts? But remember the patterns of the jet stream and ridges and troughs will remain(weather) and occur. You will get ridges of high pressure that sit for months on end with that hotter drier air. Doing what you see in Texas and of course you will have on the sides area's of unseasonable cold and rainy weather.

The air will be able to hold more moisture as you increase the temperature too. One case in point is the difference between Antarctica being only a fraction .1grams/volume of air for a dew point(constate) at maybe -30c to a area like Portland that is around 50f that holds like 4-5grams/volume of air for the same. So more extreme rains when and where your not dealing with a super ridge of high pressure!:eusa_whistle:

You had me at jet stream. lol

I would have added an ocean current shift too, but good enough.

Last edited:
What the graph shows from 1990-2011 is
1# The volcano caused .3c to .4 of overall cooling from 1991-1993, which corrected its self from 1993-1998. The super nino also made the 90's appear to raise on the graph much faster then they otherwise should of.
2# Once we got out of the super nino of 1998 the period from 1998-2005 was pretty much a solar maximum, but we didn't see a super nino within this period or any real nino's outside of a weak one in 2004. Instead a nina from 1999-2001, which case the 2002-2005 period had a warm enso like pattern with this maximum solar output(tsi).
3# After 2005 the sun went into a grand minimum much a like 1880-1915 period and 1800-1820's, which means more negative forcing.
4# China's and the other developing worlds coal emissions sky rocketed=sulfur. Sulfur is why volcano's can cool the earth. So it is proven without a doubt that it can be a negative forcing.

So in conclusion 2006-2011 has been greatly effected by negative forcing.

If you look at a graph you will notice how we corrected coming out of the cooling in 1991. This occurred slowly over 3-4 years...1998 put the cherry on top as a huge anomaly. Pretty much I believe that each decade is likely to rise now at .12c-.14c and the rss/uah estimates are right. In fact we may raise slower then that if the negative forcing keeps increasing.

Look at the cloud of crap on some satellite imagines coming out of china and you will understand what is going on. Then look at the grand minimum that we're in that is much like solar cycle 5.

This makes sense within what is being observed.

Last edited:
RALEIGH, N.C. — Raleigh's heat wave has broken a record.

The National Weather Service says North Carolina's capital city reached 100 degrees Sunday for the fifth day in a row.

Previously, the longest 100-degree streak was three days. That record was originally set in 1983 and matched in 2008.

Much of central and eastern North Carolina remained under heat warnings and advisories until Sunday night.

Raleigh sets temperature record, hitting 100 degrees for 5th day in a row | The Republic

In Dallas, temperatures have been 100 degrees or more for 23 straight days. The Weather Channel forecasts at least another 10 days of that.

Extreme temperatures may continue into August. The Climate Prediction Center forecasts warmer than average temperatures over 95% of the contiguous United States for the first week of the month.

Last week's heat broke records in several spots. All-time high temperatures were set Friday in Newark (108 degrees); Washington Dulles Airport (105); and Hartford, Conn., (103), according to meteorologist Jeff Masters of the Weather Underground. Baltimore hit 106 degrees on Friday, one degree shy of its all-time high, and Central Park in New York City saw 104, 2 degrees short of its all-time-high record.

July is on pace to be one of the five hottest months in U.S. history, Masters said.

East Coast heat eases, but there's more on the way - USATODAY.com

So now its global warming if the warmest day of the year happens in July instead of August. Got it.

Cooler today than yesterday over here so the Global Warming Crisis has passed

Some area's are going to be above normal and some of them are going to be below. When avg together because the warmer then normal is either 1# larger and geographical scale or 2# intensity is going to=a warm then avg anomaly on the global scale. You will have weather and weather changes.

You have 10,526,000 sq miles of .5c above normal
You have 6,546,456 sq miles at -.5c above normal
Yes this is very simple, but lets say for a second that those two made up the surface area of the earth...You would have a above normal global avg!

Portland can be colder, but a larger percentage of the United states has been above normal so far this summer season---In I agree it is one of the coldest summers I've seen.

So now its global warming if the warmest day of the year happens in July instead of August. Got it.

If within a portion or area of a nation or continent there is a strong area of high pressure, which sets up that promotes hotter weather within July--->sure you can get your hottest days in july to only then to watch this pattern break down in August with below to near avg temperatures.

Last edited:
Thank God! Praise the Lord! Thank you Jeeeeeeesus!

Our heat wave has broken!!!!! no more near 100 degree days! (Doing the Happy Dance!)

i had been sick all week with a high fever, coupled with the near 100 degree days, it just was miserable!

It's 60 degrees outside right now!!! Got the windows opened with a cool breeze.... flowing! Gosh.....I love Maine!

Our heat wave has broken!!!!! no more near 100 degree days! (Doing the Happy Dance!)

i had been sick all week with a high fever, coupled with the near 100 degree days, it just was miserable!

It's 60 degrees outside right now!!! Got the windows opened with a cool breeze.... flowing! Gosh.....I love Maine!

That ends Global Warming in Maine

That ends Global Warming in Maine

Now they'll have to call it Slightly Less Than Global Warming.

Forum List

Back