More stoners = More Democrats just like more illegals = More Democrats

Pennsylvania recently ruled that either you can have your pot, or you can have your firearms. But not both.

they didn't "rule" on it. the court will rule on it.

but until they give you the choice between beer and guns, it may not withstand judicial scrutiny.

Even though it's a pretty bad idea, I can drink all the beer I want to and still observe the four basic rules of firearms safety. Hell, I could even down a half pint of vodka and keep the rounds on the paper at 50 yards.

But smoking pot and fucking with a firearm? No thanks.
I've never met anyone who was high who started a bar fight....

unlike people who suck down a Sixpack of beer.

just saying.

Obviously you've lived a sheltered life. Over half the shitheads on the street who would gladly shove a knife in your back and steal your purse, are high on pot right now. Don't believe me? Take a walk on some deserted street and find out.

This ain't the 1960's any more. It's not all about "peace, love and dope." Anyone who thinks it still is, needs to have their heads examined by a stone mason.

Pennsylvania recently ruled that either you can have your pot, or you can have your firearms. But not both.

but until they give you the choice between beer and guns, it may not withstand judicial scrutiny.

Even though it's a pretty bad idea, I can drink all the beer I want to and still observe the four basic rules of firearms safety. Hell, I could even down a half pint of vodka and keep the rounds on the paper at 50 yards.

just saying.

Why the constant comparison to alcohol and it’s effect?
“Alcohol is legal therefore all substances should be.”
That honestly makes sense to you?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm....

How could that be sarcasm? It's federally-illegal for a person under the influence of a controlled substance to be in the possession of a firearm.

Not so much, shooting while drunk. Not that I'd condone that.

How could that be sarcasm? It's federally-illegal for a person under the influence of a controlled substance to be in the possession of a firearm.

Ah, you were talking about the law. It sounded as though you were comparing the effects of alcohol to those of pot, and saying that you think a person is safer handling a gun under the influence of alcohol than under the influence of marijuana.

I'm curious: does making recreational pot use legal mean that Republicans and third party voters are going to become stoners, and hence Democrats?

It’s very possible...stoners love their weed...and they love those who champion them for using it.

I am a Libertarian, so I guess your theory is off. Pot is a state to state issue and not Federal just like abortion and gay marriage should be.

I know those like you hate state rights when it does not fit your agenda, and healthcare is state to state issue and not Federal...

More Gays and Trannys = More Democrats...etc
It’s no secret to anybody sane....The DNC is on a serious mission to foster and manifest mass degradation within our nation...it’s their only hope to stay relevant.
Conversely, the GOP knows that Americans must create a dynamic where we expect better of our fellow Americans...hence the MAGA push.
This is literally a race between Good and Evil...grab your popcorn.
downloadfile-15.jpg

Ah, you were talking about the law. It sounded as though you were comparing the effects of alcohol to those of pot, and saying that you think a person is safer handling a gun under the influence of alcohol than under the influence of marijuana.

I've smoked more than my share of the stuff in my time. I know what I'[m going to do if I were handling a firearm under the influence of alcohol.

I don't know what I'm going to do if I were handling a firearm under the influence of marijuana.

just saying.

I think the comparison is made because if alcohol is considered safe enough to be legal for recreational use, marijuana ought to be as well, as it is tends to cause fewer safety issues than alcohol. It brings up the question of why alcohol is legal, while marijuana is a schedule I drug. It's an especially troubling question when you consider that many states have legalized the use of marijuana for medical reasons, while schedule I substances are said to have no medical use. Alcohol is the most commonly used recreational drug, and the most widely accepted; why is that true, when much more damage is attributable to alcohol use and abuse than to marijuana?

If anyone actually makes the argument that because alcohol is legal, all substances should be, they are being asinine. :)

I've smoked more than my share of the stuff in my time. I know what I'[m going to do if I were handling a firearm under the influence of alcohol.

I don't know what I'm going to do if I were handling a firearm under the influence of marijuana.

I smoked lots of marijuana myself...all through college in fact....then I grew the fuck up.

just saying.

I think the comparison is made because if alcohol is considered safe enough to be legal for recreational use, marijuana ought to be as well, as it is tends to cause fewer safety issues than alcohol. It brings up the question of why alcohol is legal, while marijuana is a schedule I drug. It's an especially troubling question when you consider that many states have legalized the use of marijuana for medical reasons, while schedule I substances are said to have no medical use. Alcohol is the most commonly used recreational drug, and the most widely accepted; why is that true, when much more damage is attributable to alcohol use and abuse than to marijuana?

If anyone actually makes the argument that because alcohol is legal, all substances should be, they are being asinine. :)

as you can see, I wasn't making an argument for any substance other than marijuana.... because I think allowing drugs to use guns but keeping people who smoke an occasional joint from having them is simply baseless

I drink alcohol.

I don't smoke pot.

But handling firearms when drunk is VASTLY more dangerous than when high on pot.

I would trust someone high on pot to handle a gun before I'd trust someone drunk to do so. Of course, I don't want to be around either. :)

I drink alcohol.

I don't smoke pot.

But handling firearms when drunk is VASTLY more dangerous than when high on pot.

Imparity on any level regardless of cause and handling firearms is plain stupid

just saying.

I drink alcohol.

I don't smoke pot.

How then would you compare the two? I've smoked more pot than I care to talk about. The proponents of marijuana would like you to believe it's "mild hallucinogenic", but that's an understatement.

I have operated military-grade firearms under the influence of alcohol on my own property, even to the point of being extremely intoxicated. That is not something I would recommend, even if you have the 50 or so years of experience with firearms that I have.

But as a former drug addict who has been clean for the last 15 years, I am well aware of the effects marijuana has on your ability to make sane and rational decisions.

I would trust someone high on pot to handle a gun before I'd trust someone drunk to do so. Of course, I don't want to be around either. :)

How many times have I heard in my lifetime "I can drive better when I'm stoned", or "I can do "XXX" better when I'm stoned?

Not true. been there, done that. You're talking to a person who quit High School in 1968 and moved to Haight-Ashbury to be a hippie. It's all bullshit. Pot is not the "harmless weed" that stoners make it out to be.

Forum List

Back