More stoners = More Democrats just like more illegals = More Democrats

We're talking apples and oranges. Aside from personality defects, alcohol doesn't effect people in the same manner as marijuana. There is no paranoia, delusions of grandeur, or hallucinations while under the influence of alcohol, except in cases where the person is a severe alcoholic. Pot causes all of those.

Complete and utter nonsense.

{Alcoholic hallucinosis (or alcohol-related psychosis or alcohol-induced psychotic disorder) is a complication of alcohol withdrawal in alcoholics.[1][2] Descriptions of the condition date back to at least 1907.[3] They can occur during acute intoxication or withdrawal with the potential of having delirium tremens. Alcohol hallucinosis is a rather uncommon alcohol-induced psychotic disorder only being seen in chronic alcoholics who have many consecutive years of severe and heavy drinking during their lifetime.[4] Alcoholic hallucinosis develops about 12 to 24 hours after the heavy drinking stops suddenly, and can last for days. It involves auditory and visual hallucinations, most commonly accusatory or threatening voices.[5] The risk of developing alcoholic hallucinosis is increased by long-term heavy alcohol abuse and the use of other drugs.[6]}

Alcoholic hallucinosis - Wikipedia

I said "except in cases where the person is a severe alcoholic."
The article stated "only being seen in chronic alcoholics who have many consecutive years of severe and heavy drinking during their lifetime.", so that's the same, right?

I've never seen anyone hallucinate from pot. It's probably less common than alcohol hallucinations.

I think the comparison is made because if alcohol is considered safe enough to be legal for recreational use, marijuana ought to be as well, as it is tends to cause fewer safety issues than alcohol. It brings up the question of why alcohol is legal, while marijuana is a schedule I drug. It's an especially troubling question when you consider that many states have legalized the use of marijuana for medical reasons, while schedule I substances are said to have no medical use. Alcohol is the most commonly used recreational drug, and the most widely accepted; why is that true, when much more damage is attributable to alcohol use and abuse than to marijuana?

If anyone actually makes the argument that because alcohol is legal, all substances should be, they are being asinine. :)
I drink alcohol.

I don't smoke pot.

But handling firearms when drunk is VASTLY more dangerous than when high on pot.

How then would you compare the two? I've smoked more pot than I care to talk about. The proponents of marijuana would like you to believe it's "mild hallucinogenic", but that's an understatement.

I have operated military-grade firearms under the influence of alcohol on my own property, even to the point of being extremely intoxicated. That is not something I would recommend, even if you have the 50 or so years of experience with firearms that I have.

But as a former drug addict who has been clean for the last 15 years, I am well aware of the effects marijuana has on your ability to make sane and rational decisions.

there are a lot of alcoholics, too. you have a particular bias. I don't get high. it was never my thing. I know some people who are/were potheads....

but I've seen a lot more people who are alcoholics.... and drunks are generally more violent than their pothead counterparts.

I was arguing that both should be treated the same.... and I think the court will make the same determination.

congratulations on combatting your addiction, btw.

Except that one is a federal crime and the other isn't. I prefer to conform to the rule of law. It saves me a lot of trouble in the future.

And thank you.

that isn't an argument for the disparity in treatment. and marijuana shouldn't be illegal while alcohol isn't.

We're talking apples and oranges. Aside from personality defects, alcohol doesn't effect people in the same manner as marijuana. There is no paranoia, delusions of grandeur, or hallucinations while under the influence of alcohol, except in cases where the person is a severe alcoholic. Pot causes all of those.

I've known quite a few marijuana users, and never heard one describe experiencing delusions of grandeur nor hallucinations from smoking pot. I never experienced those things when I used it, either, although admittedly I never used that much.

I've seen drunk people act far more violently, erratically, and out-of-character than I ever have someone stoned on pot. I can't be certain, obviously, but I would guess (based on what I have heard and read from others) that more people have similar experiences with the two substances to mine.

Why the constant comparison to alcohol and it’s effect?
“Alcohol is legal therefore all substances should be.”
That honestly makes sense to you?

I think the comparison is made because if alcohol is considered safe enough to be legal for recreational use, marijuana ought to be as well, as it is tends to cause fewer safety issues than alcohol. It brings up the question of why alcohol is legal, while marijuana is a schedule I drug. It's an especially troubling question when you consider that many states have legalized the use of marijuana for medical reasons, while schedule I substances are said to have no medical use. Alcohol is the most commonly used recreational drug, and the most widely accepted; why is that true, when much more damage is attributable to alcohol use and abuse than to marijuana?

If anyone actually makes the argument that because alcohol is legal, all substances should be, they are being asinine. :)
I've smoked more than my share of the stuff in my time. I know what I'[m going to do if I were handling a firearm under the influence of alcohol.

I don't know what I'm going to do if I were handling a firearm under the influence of marijuana.

I drink alcohol.

I don't smoke pot.

But handling firearms when drunk is VASTLY more dangerous than when high on pot.

How then would you compare the two? I've smoked more pot than I care to talk about. The proponents of marijuana would like you to believe it's "mild hallucinogenic", but that's an understatement.

I have operated military-grade firearms under the influence of alcohol on my own property, even to the point of being extremely intoxicated. That is not something I would recommend, even if you have the 50 or so years of experience with firearms that I have.

But as a former drug addict who has been clean for the last 15 years, I am well aware of the effects marijuana has on your ability to make sane and rational decisions.

there are a lot of alcoholics, too. you have a particular bias. I don't get high. it was never my thing. I know some people who are/were potheads....

but I've seen a lot more people who are alcoholics.... and drunks are generally more violent than their pothead counterparts.

I was arguing that both should be treated the same.... and I think the court will make the same determination.

congratulations on combatting your addiction, btw.

Except that one is a federal crime and the other isn't. I prefer to conform to the rule of law. It saves me a lot of trouble in the future.

And thank you.

that isn't an argument for the disparity in treatment. and marijuana shouldn't be illegal while alcohol isn't.

Oh the irony....
Liberals- “Marijuana is not a gateway drug.”
Liberals- “If alcohol is legal so should marijuana be.”
Does that mean you Libs see alcohol as a “gateway”?

{Alcoholic hallucinosis (or alcohol-related psychosis or alcohol-induced psychotic disorder) is a complication of alcohol withdrawal in alcoholics.[1][2] Descriptions of the condition date back to at least 1907.[3] They can occur during acute intoxication or withdrawal with the potential of having delirium tremens. Alcohol hallucinosis is a rather uncommon alcohol-induced psychotic disorder only being seen in chronic alcoholics who have many consecutive years of severe and heavy drinking during their lifetime.[4] Alcoholic hallucinosis develops about 12 to 24 hours after the heavy drinking stops suddenly, and can last for days. It involves auditory and visual hallucinations, most commonly accusatory or threatening voices.[5] The risk of developing alcoholic hallucinosis is increased by long-term heavy alcohol abuse and the use of other drugs.[6]}

The article stated "only being seen in chronic alcoholics who have many consecutive years of severe and heavy drinking during their lifetime.", so that's the same, right?

I've never seen anyone hallucinate from pot. It's probably less common than alcohol hallucinations.

We must of gotten our stash from different dealers.

How many times have I gotten up in the morning intending to do great things, but got toked up instead, so the whole day kinda went to shit? More than I'd like to remember.

How many grand things I worked on all night while I was stoned, only to look at them then next day and wonder "What the fuck"?

How many jobs have I been fired from for completely fucking up after toking up at lunch time? Five or six that I can remember.

How many stupid hare-brained decisions have I made while stoned on pot? A bunch of them.

How many times have I seen two potheads ready to fight over a bag of weed or even the last hit off a joint? More than several.

How many times have I seen someone robbed for a single bag of weed? Twice.

How many times have I started out smoking pot in the morning and by evening was out driving around looking for some crackhead bitch on the corner, so I could go to the next level? Way too many.

How many times have I caught some cruddy cold, cough, or bronchial infection from sharing joints with people who've had God knows what in their mouths at some time? Too many times.

How many times have I mixed alcohol and stayed out all night driving aimlessly? it's a wonder I'm not dead.

Been there more than enough. I hate that shit.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm....

How could that be sarcasm? It's federally-illegal for a person under the influence of a controlled substance to be in the possession of a firearm.

Not so much, shooting while drunk. Not that I'd condone that.

Ah, you were talking about the law. It sounded as though you were comparing the effects of alcohol to those of pot, and saying that you think a person is safer handling a gun under the influence of alcohol than under the influence of marijuana.

I've smoked more than my share of the stuff in my time. I know what I'[m going to do if I were handling a firearm under the influence of alcohol.

I don't know what I'm going to do if I were handling a firearm under the influence of marijuana.

I would trust someone high on pot to handle a gun before I'd trust someone drunk to do so. Of course, I don't want to be around either. :)

How many times have I heard in my lifetime "I can drive better when I'm stoned", or "I can do "XXX" better when I'm stoned?

Not true. been there, done that. You're talking to a person who quit High School in 1968 and moved to Haight-Ashbury to be a hippie. It's all bullshit. Pot is not the "harmless weed" that stoners make it out to be.

I've heard people make the same ridiculous statements about alcohol. I'm not arguing that pot is entirely safe. However, I would say that it tends to impair people less severely than alcohol, at least when the alcohol is consumed to excess.

More Gays and Trannys = More Democrats...etc
It’s no secret to anybody sane....The DNC is on a serious mission to foster and manifest mass degradation within our nation...it’s their only hope to stay relevant.
Conversely, the GOP knows that Americans must create a dynamic where we expect better of our fellow Americans...hence the MAGA push.
This is literally a race between Good and Evil...grab your popcorn.
Imagine putting Putin’s Puppet the serial sex offender on the side of GOOD..

The liberal progressive Democrat party is and always has been the useful idiots of communist regimes. That's carved in stone and no amount of revisionism is going to prove otherwise.
Drunken Joe McCarthy lover.

Whaaa? Aren't you leftists the ones who are claiming that Russia is trying to infiltrate our political system?

Have I fallen into an alternative universe or something?
Are you fucking kidding me?
Our intelligence agencies said it was a slam dunk they did and you’re still doubting it?

How many times have I gotten up in the morning intending to do great things, but got toked up instead, so the whole day kinda went to shit? More than I'd like to remember.

How many grand things I worked on all night while I was stoned, only to look at them then next day and wonder "What the fuck"?

How many jobs have I been fired from for completely fucking up after toking up at lunch time? Five or six that I can remember.

How many stupid hare-brained decisions have I made while stoned on pot? A bunch of them.

How many times have I seen two potheads ready to fight over a bag of weed or even the last hit off a joint? More than several.

How many times have I started out smoking pot in the morning and by evening was out driving around looking for some crackhead bitch on the corner, so I could go to the next level? Way too many.

How many times have I caught some cruddy cold, cough, or bronchial infection from sharing joints with people who've had God knows what in their mouths at some time? Too many times.

How many times have I mixed alcohol and stayed out all night driving aimlessly? it's a wonder I'm not dead.

Can’t handle your herb I see. Weak mind, weak body.

Pleasant experiences with marijuana are by no means universal. Instead of relaxation and euphoria, some people experience anxiety, fear, distrust, or panic. These effects are more common when a person takes too much, the marijuana has an unexpectedly high potency, or the person is inexperienced. People who have taken large doses of marijuana may experience an acute psychosis, which includes hallucinations, delusions, and a loss of the sense of personal identity. These unpleasant but temporary reactions are distinct from longer-lasting psychotic disorders, such as schizophrenia, that may be associated with the use of marijuana in vulnerable individuals.

What are marijuana effects?

How could that be sarcasm? It's federally-illegal for a person under the influence of a controlled substance to be in the possession of a firearm.

Not so much, shooting while drunk. Not that I'd condone that.

Ah, you were talking about the law. It sounded as though you were comparing the effects of alcohol to those of pot, and saying that you think a person is safer handling a gun under the influence of alcohol than under the influence of marijuana.

I would trust someone high on pot to handle a gun before I'd trust someone drunk to do so. Of course, I don't want to be around either. :)

How many times have I heard in my lifetime "I can drive better when I'm stoned", or "I can do "XXX" better when I'm stoned?

Not true. been there, done that. You're talking to a person who quit High School in 1968 and moved to Haight-Ashbury to be a hippie. It's all bullshit. Pot is not the "harmless weed" that stoners make it out to be.

I've heard people make the same ridiculous statements about alcohol. I'm not arguing that pot is entirely safe. However, I would say that it tends to impair people less severely than alcohol, at least when the alcohol is consumed to excess.

I can consume alcohol to excess, but I only drink at home. And even then, all I do is go to bed, pass out, sleep, and don't mess with a firearm.

I gave up drinking anywhere but home when I got a concealed carry permit years ago. I can legally go into a bar in my state when I'm carrying, but can't consume any alcohol. So if I go to the VFW, I just drink a soda or coffee. New Year's Eve isn't much fun either, because I'm always the designated driver.

STFU Noob. You're a minor-league stoner who probably can't roll for shit. I smoked my first joint when your mommie was still changing your diapers, except I grew up and you never did.

STFU Noob. You're a minor-league stoner who probably can't roll for shit. I smoked my first joint when your mommie was still changing your diapers, except I grew up and you never did.
You don’t know my age or anything about me yet you come up with those delusions?
You sound mentally imbalanced..
Truly.

Haha...I remember when I was 16.

You don’t know my age or anything about me yet you come up with those delusions?
Truly.

Anyone who smokes that shit really is mentally-unbalanced. May all your stash of dirtweed turn out to have been sprayed with Paraquat, for shits and grins.

May Sgt. Barnes piss in your pot patch, ya freakin' stoner.:biggrin:

MV5BMjgwODE5NTE3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzg1MzgxNA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,663,1000_AL_.jpg

Last edited:

Truly.

Anyone who smokes that shit really is mentally-unbalanced. May all your stash of dirtweed turn out to have been sprayed with Paraquat, for shits and grins. :biggrin:

Minus the legal issues, I find pot smokers easier to understand than drinkers. I find drunks to be loud, obnoxious, often sweaty and dirty, sometimes violent, and basically very unpleasant to be around. Stoned people can be annoying, messy, leaving food around.....but much less annoying and occasionally dangerous to be around. Add in the bad side effects of alcohol abuse (the headaches, photosensitivity, nausea and vomiting) and marijuana seems like the preferable of the two to me.

I don't drink (I had a sip of champaigne on New Year's, and that was the first alcohol I had consumed in years) and haven't smoked pot in years, either. I've never been big into either. My experience with pot and pot users, compared to drinkers, has clearly been very different than yours. :)

Truly.

Anyone who smokes that shit really is mentally-unbalanced. May all your stash of dirtweed turn out to have been sprayed with Paraquat, for shits and grins. :biggrin:

Minus the legal issues, I find pot smokers easier to understand than drinkers. I find drunks to be loud, obnoxious, often sweaty and dirty, sometimes violent, and basically very unpleasant to be around. Stoned people can be annoying, messy, leaving food around.....but much less annoying and occasionally dangerous to be around. Add in the bad side effects of alcohol abuse (the headaches, photosensitivity, nausea and vomiting) and marijuana seems like the preferable of the two to me.

I don't drink (I had a sip of champaigne on New Year's, and that was the first alcohol I had consumed in years) and haven't smoked pot in years, either. I've never been big into either. My experience with pot and pot users, compared to drinkers, has clearly been very different than yours. :)

I stopped smoking weed right out of college...the odd thing was I always loved getting high but it always felt like a lowdown, trashy, adolescent thing to do....I decided one day I was gonna grow up and rid myself of any bad habit or vise. I stopped that day and never looked back...I love a high dollar scotch and import beers now.

Truly.

I stopped smoking weed right out of college...the odd thing was I always loved getting high but it always felt like a lowdown, trashy, adolescent thing to do....I decided one day I was gonna grow up and rid myself of any bad habit or vise. I stopped that day and never looked back...I love a high dollar scotch and import beers now.

Why does smoking pot seem lowdown, trashy, and adolescent, but not drinking alcohol? I find that odd.

Truly.

Why does smoking pot seem lowdown, trashy, and adolescent, but not drinking alcohol? I find that odd.

More than anything I think it was the level of motivation lost when I was high....another major factor was the type of people that live to get stoned weren't really the types I wanted to be like.

Truly.

Unless you're growing it yourself or getting it from someone who does, you could be supporting people who use murder as a motivational tool. The same people who are behind the Mexican pot trade are also into human smuggling, arms trafficking, and other goodies.

Supporting them could be considered lowdown and trashy.

Truly.

More than anything I think it was the level of motivation lost when I was high....another major factor was the type of people that live to get stoned weren't really the types I wanted to be like.
So your opposition is more cultural than pharmaceutical. Should your cultural opposition be the rule, or the exception and why?

Forum List

Back