More than 900 people have been fatally shot by police officers in 2015

I'm willing to be open minded though.

Show me ONE....just 1....police deadly shooting where the cops just...didn't do a report.

Just 1.

And this means that every shooting is known by the public. How can Bucs make that assertion?

By asserting it to be true.

So you're saying police are shooting and killing people and:
A) News and social media don't report it
B) Police don't do a report
C) Family of deceased don't go to the media

Is that what you're saying? How many more other than the appx 1000 the WP notes do you think happens like that??

Putting it quite simply. What metrics are you using to determine that all shootings are known by the public? Here is a clue: Pointing at your gut is not a metric.

Good luck!

Ok I'll explain. But I want you to explain how they arent.

Metro City cop has a guy run at him with a bat. Oh shit. BAM! Shot fired suspect dead.

Sgt and Lt. are notified...followed by the Chief. Everyone is there. Blue lights blazing.

Residents nearby hear or see. And begin to film. Or post to social media.

Live News team with Ron Burgundy HEARS THE radio transmission on police scanner (yes...media listens to scanners) and hears "shots fired". Media is en route.

Then the county coroner (elected position) comes out. Someone is dead. They have to. Family of the deceased is notified.

NOW.....you explain to me how the police then just say "Nah....never happened" and don't do a report????? Because that's how shootings go down. I unfortunately had to be around a handful in my 8 years.

Buc, lets start slowly:

You citing yourself means jack shit. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. And you can't back your horseshit up with evidence.

Meanwhile....

The FBI tracks a subset of police killings, a category it calls justifiable homicides by law enforcement. But it relies on voluntary reporting by police departments, and the figures are limited to cases in which the civilian was killed while committing a felony.

The Death in Custody Reporting Act, signed into law last December by President Barack Obama, aims to get a step closer to a national total by allowing the attorney general to withhold federal grant money from states that fail to report their deaths.

One Year After Ferguson: Why Nobody Knows How Many People Are Killed by Police

The reporting is *voluntary*. And the FBI can't get reliable stats. Which is outrageous.

Oh boy.....

Ok let's define some stuff.

The FBI says it's "voluntary" for cities and states to report the data to THEM. That's true. States rights ya know?

It's NOT voluntary for it to be reported to the state police. All 50 state police gather and analyze all crime data in their state....including police shootings.

So....is it voluntary for police to DO A REPORT??? NO. You kill someone....a mountain of paperwork is being done by dozens of people. That info goes to the STATE police....not the Feds. Again....states rights. Feds can't mandate it.

The Feds can...however....do exactly what the Washington Post did. FOIA each state (each state has a FOIA law) and just compile it themselves.

Why haven't they done it before?

BECAUSE IT'S STATISTICALLY IRRELEVANT. It's a tiny issue.

All of which is you citing yourself which is meaningless gibberish. You citing yourself isn't evidence. Show us, don't tell us.

Meanwhile, the FBI director himself contradicts you, indicating that the FBI can't get reliable numbers . With numerous press sources affirming that police reporting of such shootings is *voluntary*.

So we have the FBI director saying one thing. Vs....nothing.

If nothing is all you've got, you're done. As the FBI director is *way* more credible than you are.

The FBI doesn't want to do the work. But it's right there for them. The Washington Post did it.

From the Washington Post

How many police shootings a year? No one knows

1000 or so. They said so.

They said no one knows

In the same story they claim nearly 1000 were shot in 2015.

So.....in an entire year.....they couldn't find ONE.....just ONE....incident where cops killed someone but didn't do a report??? A coroner's report but no police report. A news report but no police report. A youtube video but no police report.

NOT ONE they could find?

But....it just has to be happening right because....well.....0.1% of cops isn't enough to create a revolution over damn it!!

When a shooting happens it's instantly on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter...CNN MSNBC and local news. Lawyers scramble.

And this means that every shooting is known by the public. How can Bucs make that assertion?

By asserting it to be true.

So you're saying police are shooting and killing people and:
A) News and social media don't report it
B) Police don't do a report
C) Family of deceased don't go to the media

Is that what you're saying? How many more other than the appx 1000 the WP notes do you think happens like that??

Putting it quite simply. What metrics are you using to determine that all shootings are known by the public? Here is a clue: Pointing at your gut is not a metric.

Good luck!

Ok I'll explain. But I want you to explain how they arent.

Metro City cop has a guy run at him with a bat. Oh shit. BAM! Shot fired suspect dead.

Sgt and Lt. are notified...followed by the Chief. Everyone is there. Blue lights blazing.

Residents nearby hear or see. And begin to film. Or post to social media.

Live News team with Ron Burgundy HEARS THE radio transmission on police scanner (yes...media listens to scanners) and hears "shots fired". Media is en route.

Then the county coroner (elected position) comes out. Someone is dead. They have to. Family of the deceased is notified.

NOW.....you explain to me how the police then just say "Nah....never happened" and don't do a report????? Because that's how shootings go down. I unfortunately had to be around a handful in my 8 years.

Buc, lets start slowly:

You citing yourself means jack shit. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. And you can't back your horseshit up with evidence.

Meanwhile....

The FBI tracks a subset of police killings, a category it calls justifiable homicides by law enforcement. But it relies on voluntary reporting by police departments, and the figures are limited to cases in which the civilian was killed while committing a felony.

The Death in Custody Reporting Act, signed into law last December by President Barack Obama, aims to get a step closer to a national total by allowing the attorney general to withhold federal grant money from states that fail to report their deaths.

One Year After Ferguson: Why Nobody Knows How Many People Are Killed by Police

The reporting is *voluntary*. And the FBI can't get reliable stats. Which is outrageous.
why does the FBI need states stats of police shootings? If they want to know they can go get what they need from the department they're interested in. I don't understand. The states have laws that conform to the same rules the FBI does. Do you get to see all of the FBI shootings? right.........

Show me ONE....just 1....police deadly shooting where the cops just...didn't do a report.

Just 1.

Reported to WHO? That's the issue.
well what makes you think they don't? If you can't produce an account of one, why then are you making an accusation you can't back up? I'm sorry, but dude, now you're out there.

Just 1.

The county coroner and state police. That's who. Then the case file on record for....well....forever.

Next?

Show me ONE case....just ONE....where cops A) killed someone and B) didn't do a report.

And sorry....police nationwide aren't gonna do a spreadsheet delivered right to you and Bernie Sanders door.

The FBI doesn't want to do the work. But it's right there for them. The Washington Post did it.

From the Washington Post

They said no one knows

So.....in an entire year.....they couldn't find ONE.....just ONE....incident where cops killed someone but didn't do a report??? A coroner's report but no police report. A news report but no police report. A youtube video but no police report.

NOT ONE they could find?

But....it just has to be happening right because....well.....0.1% of cops isn't enough to create a revolution over damn it!!

Reported to who? Not the FBI. Not the government researchers trying to compile numbers.

As the reporting is *voluntary*. And the FBI can't get reliable numbers. Says who? Says the FBI Director.

And you've presented jack shit in response. Just you citing you. Which is meaningless.

"More than 900 people have been fatally shot by police officers in 2015"

Good. That seems to demonstrate improvements in marksmanship.

Just 1.

The county coroner and state police. That's who. Then the case file on record for....well....forever.

Next?

Show me ONE case....just ONE....where cops A) killed someone and B) didn't do a report.

And sorry....police nationwide aren't gonna do a spreadsheet delivered right to you and Bernie Sanders door.
Buc, they're saying that there isn't an agency in the fed gov tracking all of the shootings. That's what they're complaining about.

Just 1.

Next?

But not the FBI, nor any national database of any kind. As reporting is voluntary. This is why we don't have accurate numbers of how many people were killed by police.

Which is outrageous.

You say the FBI does have the information, that there is an accurate and reliable database of this information. The FBI says otherwise.

In any contest of crime stats between YOU and the FBI, the FBI wins.

Just 1.

well what makes you think they don't? If you can't produce an account of one, why then are you making an accusation you can't back up? I'm sorry, but dude, now you're out there.

Its simple.

The stats just destroy the lefts anti cop argument. 0.1% of cops shoot someone. And the majority are clearly justified.

People are starting to see just how tiny the stat is.

And the left knows they look silly. So.....their new stance is "They kill way more....they just don't report it".

Which is ridiculous obviously.

From the Washington Post

They said no one knows

NOT ONE they could find?

Reported to who? Not the FBI. Not the government researchers trying to compile numbers.

As the reporting is *voluntary*. And the FBI can't get reliable numbers. Says who? Says the FBI Director.

And you've presented jack shit in response. Just you citing you. Which is meaningless.
why do they need to report to the FBI? I'm sorry what the fk was that again? Show me that rule or law that says a police department must send reports to the FBI.

What a stupid fk you are.

Just 1.

Next?

But not the FBI, nor any national database of any kind. As reporting is voluntary. This is why we don't have accurate numbers of how many people were killed by police.

Which is outrageous.

You say the FBI does have the information, that there is an accurate and reliable database of this information. The FBI says otherwise.

again, who owns compiling all of the records for every city in the country? Take it up with your state representative.

Just 1.

Next?

Buc, they're saying that there isn't an agency in the fed gov tracking all of the shootings. That's what they're complaining about.

Not us. The FBI director is complaining that he can't get reliable numbers on police shootings, as the reporting from local law enforcement is VOLUNTARY.

That's ridiculous. It shouldn't be voluntary. It should be mandatory. If I ask how many people the police shot to death this year, I shouldn't have to be guessing. And the FBI Director certainly shouldn't.

We should have accurate, reliable and Mandatory reporting from Local LEO on how many people their officers have shot to death.

That would be a very disturbing number if the population of the United States was 5000.

Just 1.

Next?

Which is outrageous.

I'm not saying the do or dont. I'm saying if they truly WANTED one they could get it....same way the Washington Post did.

JUST ONE. JUST ONE incident where cops A) killed someone and B) didn't do a report.

Forum List

Back