More Trump Winning: GDP Up; Jobs Up...

WTG Prez! :thup:

US revised second-quarter GDP up 3.0% vs 2.7% rise expected

The U.S. economy grew faster than initially thought in the second quarter, notching its quickest pace in more than two years, and there are signs that the momentum was sustained at the start of the third quarter.

Gross domestic product increased at a 3.0 percent annual rate in the April-June period, the Commerce Department said in its second estimate on Wednesday. The upward revision from the 2.6 percent pace reported last month reflected robust consumer spending as well as strong business investment.

Growth last quarter was the best since the first quarter of 2015 and followed a 1.2 percent pace in the January-March period. Economists had expected that second-quarter GDP growth would be raised to a 2.7 percent rate.

Retail sales and business spending data so far suggest the economy maintained its stamina early in the third quarter...

More:
US second-quarter GDP growth revised up, fastest in over two years
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®
Obama is the only POTUS in history to never get a 3% annual GDP, even those who died during their first term. That was a success for Obama, glad we now have someone who loves America in office now.

Umm you probably are neglecting Trump, who has yet to even post a 3+% Q, never mind 3%+ annual.

With 1.2% Q1 and 3% Q2, Trump is well on his way to posting another ~2% year or about HALF of what he promised.

The U.S. economy grew faster than initially thought in the second quarter, notching its quickest pace in more than two years, and there are signs that the momentum was sustained at the start of the third quarter.

Gross domestic product increased at a 3.0 percent annual rate in the April-June period, the Commerce Department said in its second estimate on Wednesday. The upward revision from the 2.6 percent pace reported last month reflected robust consumer spending as well as strong business investment.

Growth last quarter was the best since the first quarter of 2015 and followed a 1.2 percent pace in the January-March period. Economists had expected that second-quarter GDP growth would be raised to a 2.7 percent rate.

Retail sales and business spending data so far suggest the economy maintained its stamina early in the third quarter...

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

So those are the reasons Trump is proudly sporting that 38% approval rating!!!!

Thanks for clearing that up!

Ah, what do Polls mean? Can't believe y'all are still so obsessed with em. Haven't you learned anything?

Show me a president who ever held onto the House in the midterms when his approval was under 40%.
View attachment 146707

An adult would have simply said, "I can't."

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

Ah, what do Polls mean? Can't believe y'all are still so obsessed with em. Haven't you learned anything?

Show me a president who ever held onto the House in the midterms when his approval was under 40%.

Such sad pathetic wishful thinking. I almost feel sorry for y'all loony Clinton-Bots. Almost. :badgrin:

Got things to do, gotta run. But enjoy the Democrat Trump derangement on the thread. They really have no idea how hilarious their hissy fits are. Oh well, i guess good news for Americans, is bad news for them at this point. What a sad pathetic way to live. Anyway, have a great day y'all. And... GO TRUMP! :dance:

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

everything in the past with you guys.

That's why unlike you I won't lie about GDP growth

Dec 31, 2016 3.38%
Dec 31, 2015 3.11%
Dec 31, 2014 4.33%
Dec 31, 2013 4.31%
Dec 31, 2012 3.24%
Dec 31, 2011 3.64%
Dec 31, 2010 4.56%
Dec 31, 2009 0.11%
i haven't lied about anything, nor would i.

Trump hasnt done dick to take any responsibility for this.

The GDP rose at 2.6% Because of Trump or in spite of him?

That would be THREE PERCENT THANK YOU!

keep_calm_and_eat_your_heart_out-S.jpg

Obama faced the Iraq and Afghanistan bills. I say "Give Trump a chance" but two quarters isn't enough to make predictions upon.

Obama faced the Iraq and Afghanistan bills. I say "Give Trump a chance" but two quarters isn't enough to make predictions upon.

...these 2 quarters don't look good for Trump, he will need almost 4% average in Q3 and Q4 to beat Obama's best year and something like 7% growth average to meet his promises of 4% growth for the year.

...these 2 quarters don't look good for Trump, he will need almost 4% average in Q3 and Q4 to beat Obama's best year and something like 7% growth average to meet his promises of 4% growth for the year.

Doesn't need to in the first year. He's got 7 1/2 more years.

Got things to do, gotta run. But enjoy the Democrat Trump derangement on the thread. They really have no idea how hilarious their hissy fits are. Oh well, i guess good news for Americans, is bad news for them at this point. What a sad pathetic way to live. Anyway, have a great day y'all. And... GO TRUMP! :dance:

Why was 4%+ growth Qs under Obama not good news but Trump's 3% is?

Keep saying this, meanwhile Trump is yet to match Obama's growth

Shitforbrains thinks Obama averaged over 3% GDP.

Leftists live in a fantasy world.

Shitforbrains thinks Obama averaged over 3% GDP.

Leftists live in a fantasy world.

Shit for brain is you, making up bullshit - Obama never had a calendar year 3% growth (though he did post a 3%+ off calendar year)

Here's some fun history trivia:

1994, annual GDP growth rate 6.3%, Clinton approval rating, right about where Trump is,

1994 election - Republican landslide.

lol

I have 6.1 for 1994 but, whatever, that was down from 7.5% the last year of Bush 41 on its continuous decline to 4% President Clinton's last year.

After Bush's last two quarters of NEGATIVE growth, or contraction, termed 'the great recession', Obama started an upward trend.

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

The polls called the popular vote within 1 point. Idiot.
Thanks for proving his point.

Dumb fuck doesn't even realize that he's following the wrong poll. LMAO

I don't think the market helps anyone but the elites. They get rich while the rest of us grab our lunch pails and wonder what all the fuss is about.

Sure, and the fact of the rich getting richer is due to the administration of petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama and the Fed printing TRILLIONS of worthless dollars. Through a circuitous route, those trillions found their way to the stock market.

As for middle-income folks, do you not have a retirement plan where you work or a 401-K? If not, why don't you have your own retirement plan including a mutual fund?

Forum List

Back