More winning. Federal death penalty to be reinstated

(CNN)The federal government is set to bring back capital punishment after 16 years with the executions of five inmates.

Attorney General William Barr on Thursday ordered the Bureau of Prisons to adopt an updated execution protocol, clearing the way for five death row inmates to be put to death. The executions are scheduled to begin in December 2019, though legal challenges could potentially delay them.
These are the inmates who will be executed:

These 5 inmates will be executed after Attorney General William Barr told the federal government to reinstate death penalty - CNN

That's right libs, the federal death penalty is back in the good ole USA. While you focus on killing babies, we are focusing on killing people who actually deserve execution.

Now it's just a matter of liberals crying about these poor innocent people who became the people they are thanks to a failed society. But wait! There's something in this for the left as well! One of the first people on that list is a white supremacist.

See, something for everybody, that is until the ACLU or some other leftist group plugs the courts up with lawsuits.

How is needlessly murdering people considered “winning”?

If they aren't guilty of that crime, they are guilty of something. The first place police look to when searching for a criminal are their criminal files. They don't walk up to honest law biding citizens doing their gardening and take them to court for murder.

We don't execute people for "something", we execute them for specific crimes that these 160 people didn't commit.

The difference is law abiding citizens can afford lawyers and legal representation. They can buy nice suits to appear in court in.

But, hey, it's okay by Ray if innocent people get executed because them Darkies were probably guilty of "something".

Changing the subject to race? How unusual for you. :afro:

Like I stated earlier, we should only execute people that we have empirical evidence against. That would leave your favorite darkie (OJ Simpson) still a free man.

You want to go back in history when we didn't have nearly the technology we have today to gather evidence. Well we do have that technology today, so it's not like before where you could get executed because of a case of mistaken identity or a terrible video quality from those old cameras.

Today if you are found guilty of murder, it's likely you committed the crime.

(CNN)The federal government is set to bring back capital punishment after 16 years with the executions of five inmates.

Attorney General William Barr on Thursday ordered the Bureau of Prisons to adopt an updated execution protocol, clearing the way for five death row inmates to be put to death. The executions are scheduled to begin in December 2019, though legal challenges could potentially delay them.

These 5 inmates will be executed after Attorney General William Barr told the federal government to reinstate death penalty - CNN

That's right libs, the federal death penalty is back in the good ole USA. While you focus on killing babies, we are focusing on killing people who actually deserve execution.

Now it's just a matter of liberals crying about these poor innocent people who became the people they are thanks to a failed society. But wait! There's something in this for the left as well! One of the first people on that list is a white supremacist.

See, something for everybody, that is until the ACLU or some other leftist group plugs the courts up with lawsuits.

The same way throwing the trash in the garbage can outside is winning.

Clearly the death penalty is a failure if the goal is to be a deterrent. At the same time I can’t get worked up about condemned killers being put to death.

The reason it's not a deterrent is because of how it's carried out. Trust me, if we executed people within six months of their sentence, all appeals exhausted, had the execution on television, and used hanging instead of medication, it would cut down our murder rate by about 90%.

You're making up bullshit. Again.

Well let's try it my way for five years and see what happens.

Wouldn’t States wh the death penalty (like Florida) have the lowest murder rates ? If the DP was such a deterrent.

Clearly the death penalty is a failure if the goal is to be a deterrent. At the same time I can’t get worked up about condemned killers being put to death.

The reason it's not a deterrent is because of how it's carried out. Trust me, if we executed people within six months of their sentence, all appeals exhausted, had the execution on television, and used hanging instead of medication, it would cut down our murder rate by about 90%.

Not going to happen.

Your unsubstantiated bullshit will remain unsubstantiated bullshit.

Wouldn’t States wh the death penalty (like Florida) have the lowest murder rates ? If the DP was such a deterrent.

Why don't you read a couple of my posts before asking questions like that? I've said several times it's not a deterrent because it takes so long to carry the sentence out.

Umm...let’s see who our company is

The Islamic World, China, India, North Korea,Central Africa.......USA

Who has abandoned the death penalty......the rest of North America, South America, Europe, Russia, Australia, South Korea

So are you trying to make a point or something?
Yup...we are among the barbarians

Why? Just look at the states that still execute
Bible Thumpers

Well.....the Holy Bible does teach us an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

The thing that gets me is you liberals and your judges made our prisons a lowlife playground, offering very little deterrent. We have the highest percentage of our population behind bars compared to others around the world. Our prisoners are fed well, have entertainment like football fields, pool rooms, and workout rooms. They are allowed to have an account where family and friends donate money to, and even a little room in case one of these murderers decide to bring their wife in and start a family from prison.

We have the same perks in the outside world. We call them Get Away Weekends and we have to pay for them ourselves.

So I will be for the death penalty until we can turn our prisons back to what they were like in the vintage movie Cool Hand Luke.

Conservatives and Bible Thumpers have given us the largest prison population in the world. Over 2.5 million

They have also made us one of the few industrialized nations in the world to still execute its prisoners

Endless solitary confinement is also a unique US practice

None of these seem to be working

Why we are considered barbarians

Like I said before, the death penalty would work just fine if our legal system wasn't so Fd up and we executed people quickly and in public.

I see you're doubling down on your stupid bullshit again. When are you going to learn?

Not going to happen.

Correct, it's not going to happen unfortunately.

"Folks, liberals measure success by intent. Conservatives measure success by results."
Rush Limbaugh

Not going to happen.

"Folks, liberals measure success by intent. Conservatives measure success by results."
Rush Limbaugh

Awesome, we agree that it's not realistic.

So...then what exactly are you basing this stupid bullshit opinion of yours on if it's not based in reality?

Why don't you read a couple of my posts before asking questions like that? I've said several times it's not a deterrent because it takes so long to carry the sentence out.

That makes no sense . Death is still death . Who cares if it’s one year away vs 5?

Not going to happen.

Rush Limbaugh

So...then what exactly are you basing this stupid bullshit opinion of yours on if it's not based in reality?

A strong enough deterrent works every time it's tried. That is reality. Check out my reply in post number 68.

That makes no sense . Death is still death . Who cares if it’s one year away vs 5?

Because the longer it takes to carry out the sentence, the less realistic it is.

in what way does this have an impact in your life?

Because it's something I believe in. I'm not concerned how it will effect me personally. I'm not a Democrat who only votes for his or her own self interests. I think it's good for the country. That's why I celebrate it.

Why would anyone vote not in their own best interest? That would be stupid.

I do not see how this is either good nor bad for the country. I have no problem with the death penalty, even turned off my lights with the rest of Florida to make sure there was enough juice for Old Sparky when they did Ted Bundy.

Just seems an odd thing to be excited about.

I am 1000 time more excited to come this close to hole in one today!

View attachment 271053

But hey, each to their own!

So what you're basically saying is that yet again you failed to get it into the hole.

It depends on what and how the person did his/her deed. An act of passion......cold blooded pre determined murders.....psychotic response....an example...OJ was guilty. Judged innocent though. He murdered two people. Was it an act of passion? However he has numerous arguments with his wife and they were bad enough where a divorce was prescribed. Never happened. He murdered two people not with two gunshots to the head. Which would have been quick and painless. He butchered them by cutting/slicing their heads near off causing massive pain and in did it in pure rage. So the argument would be bullets to the head versus cutting their heads off for final disposition. Many years in prison to life or the death penalty.

Not going to happen.

Rush Limbaugh

A strong enough deterrent works every time it's tried. That is reality. Check out my reply in post number 68.

You're suggesting that we amputate people for stealing?

Not going to happen.

Rush Limbaugh

No, I'm suggesting that if the penalty is strong enough, it deters criminal activity.

Let me ask: What if your brother-in-law tortured and molested his two year old daughter, your niece, then beat her mercilessly to her death, would you think your brother-in-law would deserve to be executed?

Not going to happen.

Rush Limbaugh

No, I'm suggesting that if the penalty is strong enough, it deters criminal activity.

Then why do states with the death penalty have a higher murder rate than states without the death penalty?

murderratesdpvsnodp-2016.png

So why should we care about what other countries do? We are not other countries. You on the left seem to love how "other countries" do things, but never move to one of these wonderful places. Why not? Oh, that's right, they won't allow you to.
Umm...let’s see who our company is

The Islamic World, China, India, North Korea,Central Africa.......USA

Who has abandoned the death penalty......the rest of North America, South America, Europe, Russia, Australia, South Korea
So do yourself and us a big favor, leave and move your sorry ass there.
Why don’t you move to a Muslim country?
Then you can watch heads being chopped off

Says the poster that voted for a guy with a Muslim name twice, and kisses his ass repeatedly here on USMB.

Many years ago a middle-east family opened a store very near my home. One night I went there to pickup some beer, and the police were leaving. I asked the young clerk what happened?

Some drunk came in, took four packs of cigarettes off the counter, and left the store. The clerk was amazed that the police told him if the guy came back, give them a call, and they will kick him out of the store.

After he moved here, his grandmother was interested in his new life in the USA, so he sent her a copy of our local newspaper.

She wrote back with great concern stating that our little suburb had more theft in one week than the entire middle-east has in a years time. I asked him if this was true, and he concurred.

He said where he was from, most of the markets were outdoors, and vendors would setup picnic tables and umbrellas for customers to rest. If a woman lay her purse on a table and left, it would likely be there the next day.

He said you see, if you got caught stealing, the police cut off your hand, and not in a hospital either. Get caught stealing again, the other hand was cutoff. A third time is your last time.

So they solved a problem that's been ongoing in our country my entire life and still is.
Singapore has very little crime and few people in jail. They have many more laws than we do. Chewing gum is against the law for instance. Littering is illegal. They have alternative sentencing. No jail time. No fines. It's caning and whipping. An American teen thought he could get away with graffiti. He got 20 lashes with a cane and was cured of his need to decorate.

Forum List

Back