Mormon girl comes out as gay in church. The church cuts her mic...

The church did the right thing by turning off the microphone.

Perverts shouldn't be allowed to infect the congregation with their filth. ..... :cool:

God made this girl who she is.
God makes lots of defects. She has the choice not to givevinto her cravings.

Yes, she does. And the church has a choice not to be complete assholes... and they chose to be assholes and she chose to do what her body told her.

Why would God make a girl like this, only then to demand that she doesn't act as her body tells her to do?

Perverts shouldn't be allowed to infect the congregation with their filth. ..... :cool:

Yes, she does. And the church has a choice not to be complete assholes... and they chose to be assholes and she chose to do what her body told her.

Why would God make a girl like this, only then to demand that she doesn't act as her body tells her to do?
Why does God make pedophiles, serial killers, compulsive obsessives. We don't know that something in her life didn't happen to make her this way. Jeffrey Dahmer's body craved human flesh.

People's bodies tell them to do all kinds of things. It doesn't mean that people cannot exercise some thoughtfulness on their own behalf.

Why does God make pedophiles, serial killers, compulsive obsessives. We don't know that something in her life didn't happen to make her this way. Jeffrey Dahmer's body craved human flesh.

People's bodies tell them to do all kinds of things. It doesn't mean that people cannot exercise some thoughtfulness on their own behalf.

Yes, we do know. We know kids are born gay. You can pretend it's not so, but you'd be wrong.

Yes, people's bodies tell them to do lots of things, and they can have restraint, but why the fuck should they? If you want to fuck someone, well, then if it's consenting, then what's the problem?

That's especially heinous for her to try and use the testimony meeting mic for that.

It's supposed to be about God, not you.

Mormons have this certain kind of meeting every now and then where they get up and bear their testimony how God is real in their lives to everyone.

This girl used that platform to make it about her, with little kids listening and

everything. That's extremely selfish and attention-whoring.

Mormon church leaders cut microphone after young girl announces she's gay

SALT LAKE CITY -- A video of a young Mormon girl revealing to her congregation that she is lesbian and still loved by God -- before her microphone is turned off by local church leaders -- is sparking a new round of discussions about how the religion handles LGBT issues.

Savannah, 13, spoke on May 7 in Eagle Mountain, Utah, about her belief that she is the child of heavenly parents who didn't make any mistakes when she was created. Her comments came during a once-a-month portion of Mormon Sunday services where members are encouraged to share feelings and beliefs.

"They did not mess up when they gave me freckles or when they made me to be gay," she said, wearing a white shirt and red tie. "God loves me just this way."

Her act shows bravery while her church shows cowardice.

It is still LDS. It's not going to change. For all of the BS PR.........it's not going to change.

SALT LAKE CITY -- A video of a young Mormon girl revealing to her congregation that she is lesbian and still loved by God -- before her microphone is turned off by local church leaders -- is sparking a new round of discussions about how the religion handles LGBT issues.

Savannah, 13, spoke on May 7 in Eagle Mountain, Utah, about her belief that she is the child of heavenly parents who didn't make any mistakes when she was created. Her comments came during a once-a-month portion of Mormon Sunday services where members are encouraged to share feelings and beliefs.

"They did not mess up when they gave me freckles or when they made me to be gay," she said, wearing a white shirt and red tie. "God loves me just this way."

It is still LDS. It's not going to change. For all of the BS PR.........it's not going to change.

That's the point, a church doesn't change doctrine to accommodate people.

The Mormon's are big on rewriting but they will never change this.

The dyke needs to STFU. Nobody wants to hear how one becomes a failure

-Geaux

My comment goes towards overall. The gays expect church's to change to suit them. That can't happen....or rather shouldn't. Some are, the Methodists being one.

-Geaux

She's a kid.

-Geaux

She's a kid.

Most failures have roots that start very early in life

-Geaux

My comment goes towards overall. The gays expect church's to change to suit them. That can't happen....or rather shouldn't. Some are, the Methodists being one.

I think anybody who expects some sort of massive change in a church doctrine can't have a knipshit when it doesn't. Like- expecting the Pope to radically alter Catholicism.

Last edited:

-Geaux

She's a kid.

Most failures have roots that start very early in life

-Geaux
:rolleyes: Hasn't been around long enough to demonstrate failure.

Kids have a passionate sense of justice and wrong and right. They just haven't figured out that isn't the way the world works.

Probably not the wisest place to decide to come out

Actually, I couldn't think of a better place. Churches are the breeding place for homophobia. I usually have a lot of criticism of corporate America, but the fact is, most places will fire you if you blurt out homophobic slurs.

Make the Churches own their hate.

Forum List

Back