🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Moscow Mitch threatens "scorched earth" policy if filibuster is changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
As if he hasn't been doing that for the last 12 years!! It's a completely empty threat. He's already using every tool and trick in the book to obstruct, the are no more bullets in the magazine.

As if he hasn't been doing that for the last 12 years!! It's a completely empty threat. He's already using every tool and trick in the book to obstruct, the are no more bullets in the magazine.

If I remember, it was Democrats that came up with it? Am I wrong?

Wasnt it Harry Reid?

Who knows? Look it up and post a link to back it up if you think that's the case. Support your assertions!

Wasnt it Harry Reid?
It goes back into the 1800s. Pretty sure Harry's not that old.

Who knows? Look it up and post a link to back it up if you think that's the case. Support your assertions!
Only to have you disbelieve them? Why would anyone waste their time like that?

Wasnt it Harry Reid?

Im not too sure about that. ;)

So you can't, then?

Cool.

Wasnt it Harry Reid?

Like I told the other guy, look it up. Back up your assertions.

Yes it was Harry Reid, I remember going this will come back and bite them in the ass. You young one. Go ahead and do what you want. Biden has screwed up worse in one month, what took Obama 8 years to do. So whatever Harris does, it won't take Trump a month, to do away with it.

Wasnt it Harry Reid?

Like I told the other guy, look it up. Back up your assertions.

Jesus H Christ on a popsicle stick. Do we not know this as common knowledge?

So you can't, then?

Cool.
I can. You won't believe it or you will dismiss it. So it isn't a matter of can, it is a matter of your are not worth the time.

/thread

Under Harry Reid the Senate became known as the place where legislation went to die. If the Democrats want to go down this road so be it just remember when the pendulum swings back the other way this was what you wanted.

Seriously. It's been republican scorched earth since Obama became president.

All his speech told me was how terrified he is of democrats removing his power of being the grim reaper of legislation. He and the republicans have been abusing the filibuster for years which has resulted in destroying democracy in our senate.

Here's a suggestion, if he would stop the non stop filibuster the democrats wouldn't have to change it or get rid of it.

The only thing worse than screaming about the ump when you lose is changing the rules when you win.

Just leave it like it is. Its our system. It's served us well. Reinstate earmarks. Get back to politicking and lets go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back