🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Moscow Mitch threatens "scorched earth" policy if filibuster is changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What [the American people] don't expect is for one party, be it Republican or Democrat, to change the rules in the middle of the game so they can make all the decisions while the other party is told to sit down and keep quiet."- The Sen Obama on the Nuclear Option

"At its core, the filibuster is not about stopping a nominee or a bill, it's about compromise and moderation. The nuclear option extinguishes the power of independents and moderates in the Senate. That's it, they're done. Moderates are important if you need to get to 60 votes to satisfy cloture; they are much less so if you only need 50 votes. Let's set the historical record straight. Never has the Senate provided for a certainty that 51 votes could put someone on the bench or pass legislation." - Joe Biden

"Well, I can tell you that would be the end of the Senate as it was originally devised and created going back to our Founding Fathers,. We have to acknowledge our respect for the minority, and that is what the Senate tries to do in its composition and in its procedure." Dicky Durbin

The Dems know the Filibuster would destroy the Founders intent of the US Senate, they know it would destroy any check or any means of compromise between the States.....it's a massive power grab, one they will attempt to use to concentrate their power, and turn our Republic into a totalarian Chinese style one party state

We have a ton of Anti Americans in the Senate and House today. They call themselves Republicans. I call them ThePartyoftheRump. They are back to their old tricks of the Party of NO. Okay, so they no longer get a vote since they don't seem to want to be part of the American Government. When they start acting like Representatives and Senators then they will be treated as them. But not until.
Um they represent the people that voted them into office....and not going along wiht whatever you want isn't anti=American....

your comment highlights you are the one with the actual anti-american views, that wants to erase the votes of millions of Americans, shut down debate in Congress, and ram through you agenda....that's the type of thinking Stalin, Hitler, Mao etc used....it's deadly and dangerous...sad you can't see it

The QAnon is strong in this one.
Says the Fascist that wants to cancel the votes of Americans that don't fall in line with his Party......

As if he hasn't been doing that for the last 12 years!! It's a completely empty threat. He's already using every tool and trick in the book to obstruct, the are no more bullets in the magazine.

Let's see. If there is an attempt to change our Economic, Social and Government systems, that would be tantamount to violating our Constitution. Those who attempt to change our Constitutional Republic Governed by the Rule of Law are the true Domestic Enemies.

"What [the American people] don't expect is for one party, be it Republican or Democrat, to change the rules in the middle of the game so they can make all the decisions while the other party is told to sit down and keep quiet."- The Sen Obama on the Nuclear Option

"At its core, the filibuster is not about stopping a nominee or a bill, it's about compromise and moderation. The nuclear option extinguishes the power of independents and moderates in the Senate. That's it, they're done. Moderates are important if you need to get to 60 votes to satisfy cloture; they are much less so if you only need 50 votes. Let's set the historical record straight. Never has the Senate provided for a certainty that 51 votes could put someone on the bench or pass legislation." - Joe Biden

"Well, I can tell you that would be the end of the Senate as it was originally devised and created going back to our Founding Fathers,. We have to acknowledge our respect for the minority, and that is what the Senate tries to do in its composition and in its procedure." Dicky Durbin

The Dems know the Filibuster would destroy the Founders intent of the US Senate, they know it would destroy any check or any means of compromise between the States.....it's a massive power grab, one they will attempt to use to concentrate their power, and turn our Republic into a totalarian Chinese style one party state
All said pre insurrection I believe. All said before 140 Republicans said democracy isn’t a thing anymore.

We have a ton of Anti Americans in the Senate and House today. They call themselves Republicans. I call them ThePartyoftheRump. They are back to their old tricks of the Party of NO. Okay, so they no longer get a vote since they don't seem to want to be part of the American Government. When they start acting like Representatives and Senators then they will be treated as them. But not until.
Um they represent the people that voted them into office....and not going along wiht whatever you want isn't anti=American....

your comment highlights you are the one with the actual anti-american views, that wants to erase the votes of millions of Americans, shut down debate in Congress, and ram through you agenda....that's the type of thinking Stalin, Hitler, Mao etc used....it's deadly and dangerous...sad you can't see it

Says the Fascist that wants to cancel the votes of Americans that don't fall in line with his Party......

Wow, I see you got QAnon's memo.

All said pre insurrection I believe. All said before 140 Republicans said democracy isn’t a thing anymore.
I haven't heard one Repubulican say that....but yes, this was before the Dems decided to openly encourage insurrections after they lost the the 2016 election, before they opjected in Congress to certifiy that election......but before Obama was Preisident, when they quickly flip flopped on the nuclear option as to appointments, not surprised to see them once again, attempting to destroy our Republic and centralize power, and create a Chinese style one-party system.....typical

Wow, I see you got QAnon's memo.
and I see you are a Fascist...are you one of the folks Harris bailed out of jail when you were committing terror and insurections across the United States last year?

I haven't heard one Repubulican say that....but yes, this was before the Dems decided to openly encourage insurrections after they lost the the 2016 election, before they opjected in Congress to certifiy that election......but before Obama was Preisident, when they quickly flip flopped on the nuclear option as to appointments, not surprised to see them once again, attempting to destroy our Republic and centralize power, and create a Chinese style one-party system.....typical
I’m for one party rule when the second option is traitorous cult worshipping Republicans. Maybe libertarians step up.

I haven't heard one Repubulican say that....but yes, this was before the Dems decided to openly encourage insurrections after they lost the the 2016 election, before they opjected in Congress to certifiy that election......but before Obama was Preisident, when they quickly flip flopped on the nuclear option as to appointments, not surprised to see them once again, attempting to destroy our Republic and centralize power, and create a Chinese style one-party system.....typicalI ss
I’m for one party rule when the second option is traitorous cult worshipping Republicans. Maybe libertarians step up.
Yes, it's just everyone that doesn't fall in line with the Xi's DNC, gets the Storm Troopers sent out to destroy their businesses, firebomb the community...yes....you are ANYONE, just not who ever is challenging your Fascism

“The nuclear option abandons America’s sense of fair play. It’s the one thing this country stands for. … And I pray [to] God when the Democrats take back control we don’t make the kind of naked power grab you are doing.” - Joe Biden....I guess he didn't pray hard enough

“The American people want less partisanship in this town, but everyone in this chamber knows that if the majority chooses to end the filibuster, if they choose to change the rules and put an end to democratic debate, then the fighting, the bitterness, and the gridlock will only get worse" - Obama

"If you do this, I'll be forced to...continue what I've been doing. Blocking supreme court nominees and stuff. I don't want to do that, but I will"
Progs will always have their deep stat shill Prog judges to declare something unconstitutional so don't worry. They show up when needed.

From OP LINK:

In a floor speech, Durbin pushed back hard on the Republican leader's warnings, arguing it was McConnell's abuse of the filibuster that led to Democrats' frustration and desire to get rid of it.
"When Senator McConnell and others come to the floor and plead for us to hang on to the traditions of the Senate, I would tell you that their interpretation of the traditions is strangling this body," he said, noting how many Democrats are frustrated by the current state of procedure that makes it exceedingly difficult to pass comprehensive legislation.
"If I became skeptical of the filibuster, it's because of your use of it," said the Illinois Democrat, speaking directly to McConnell. "And I hope that you understand that you can't have it both ways. It can't be a rare procedure and be a procedure that dominates the actual business of the Senate as this has done for so many years."

Thats why the filibuster should be eliminated. Th majority should NOT be hamstrung by an archaic method of obstruction.

Let either party pass their legislation and leave up to the voters whether they stay in power or not.

As if he hasn't been doing that for the last 12 years!! It's a completely empty threat. He's already using every tool and trick in the book to obstruct, the are no more bullets in the magazine.

If I remember, it was Democrats that came up with it? Am I wrong?
Who knows? Look it up and post a link to back it up if you think that's the case. Support your assertions!
Yes it was Harry Reid, I remember going this will come back and bite them in the ass. You young one. Go ahead and do what you want. Biden has screwed up worse in one month, what took Obama 8 years to do. So whatever Harris does, it won't take Trump a month, to do away with it.
The filibuster has been around so long that there are movies from the 1930s about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back