Mother of 4 deported

I just saw this story on CNN. This mother of 4 got caught trying to cross the border with a fake visa 20 years ago, because of this she couldn't not get another visa but was told she could stay in the US but had to check in with ICE twice a year, which she did for the past 18 years. Now her entire family is here (mother, husband, 4 children and they are all American citizens. CNN covers her journey to check in with ICE as they were all nervous about the changes that came with President Trump.

She met with ICE and they told her she was good for another year. She left the building, gave her children hugs and then got called back in by ICE to find out that they were deporting her in July.

I get deporting violent criminals, I hear people asking Trump and his surrogates what they will do with non-violent criminal illegal immigrants and I hear them kicking the can saying they will deal with it later. But then I see stories like this were a mother who is not a violent criminal gets deported and a family is ripped apart.

Thoughts?

She did not report for 18 years, only the last two. And I don't feel bad for her at all. She is a criminal.

I believe the report said she had been reporting for the past 12 years

So you admit it wasn't for 18 like you claimed. I'm thinking you're still off by ten years.

So given that information let me ask you this. Does it matter? She's still a criminal who used a stolen ID to be here illegally. It's well past time for her to go.

Thank god they've finally caught her! Who knows how many more welfare rats she'd have squatted out, if left running loose. As if 4 weren't enough... she likely would have dropped 2, maybe 3 more? This madness has to end! I still think it's a miscarriage of justice that her kids are granted citizenship, solely by virtue of her squating them out in our yard. We need reform alright. Reform the 14th amendment!

Last edited:
Thank god they've finally caught her! Who knows how many more welfare rats she'd have squatted out, if left running loose. As if 4 weren't enough... she likely would have dropped 2, maybe 3 more? This madness has to end! I still think it's a miscarriage of justice that her kids are granted citizenship, solely by virtue of her squating them out in our yard. We need reform alright. Reform the 14th amendment!

Oct 21, 2008

CHICAGO — An undocumented Mexican immigrant pleaded publicly Monday for a chance to stay in the country with her husband and six children, and sought to delay any action until after the next president takes office.

An attorney for Francisca Lino — who was scheduled to be deported Tuesday — filed a petition with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to delay her deportation for one year.

Illegal immigrant pleads for chance to stay in US.

She should have been deported in 2008.

You're not thinking out of the box, you're just simply not thinking. Offering any path to citizenship for people who entered the US illegally is still an open invitation to 600,000,000 people living south of our border to violate our immigration laws: demonstrate your contempt for our laws by entering the US illegally and we will reward you by making you citizens.
I didn't say make them citizens. Are we at the point were you start distorting my argument because you don't want to consider or discuss other ideas? I said a pathway to legal status... and I said A harder more expensive more intensive path. Maybe they pay fines, are required todo community service, serve in military etc. my point is, there should be a path for existing undocumented. Penalties including deportation for new illegal crossers, and a more incentivizing path for people who wait in line an immigrate the legal way
lol Don't try to hide from your own words, a path to citizenship means making them citizens. Even with your fines and community service, what you are proposing is another amnesty, and this will only encourage more illegals to violate our immigration laws to get because the message you are sending is clear: violate our immigration laws and all you will have to do to become a US citizen is pay a fine and do some community service. Make it apply only to those who are already here? That's what you said the last time.

Undocumented is a weasel word. Every time you call them undocumented instead of what they are, illegal, you are expressing your own contempt for our immigration laws, which is expressing contempt for US sovereignty, the same contempt for our laws and sovereignty these illegals expressed when they came here. When you call them undocumented instead of illegal, you are saying it makes little difference if they showed respect for our laws by coming here legally or contempt for our laws by violating them.

Why should some one in Mexico choose to wait years to emigrate to the US legally if he can cross the border illegally now and after paying a fine become a US citizen? If we demonstrate we don't respect our own laws, as you clearly don't, by allowing illegals to become citizens, why would we expect anyone else to respect our laws? If we are to control our borders we must send a clear message that if you enter the US legally, we will make you welcome, but if you come illegally, we will do our best to make you unwelcome.
I said legal not citizen. I'd be fine with citizenship but I know the hizzy y'all get into when it comes to the vote so legal is a fine compromise as far as I'm concerned
Actually, you said with a path to citizenship but even if was only legal, the message to all the people who might want to come here illegally is the same, it's ok to to violate US immigration laws because once you get in, they will make you legal. It is still an open invitation to enter the US illegally.
It's not an invitation if there are penalties fines and a harder pathway for coming here illegally. I said everybody in the world has a pathway to citizenship here. Read slower
More bullshit. First, not everyone in the world has a path to citizenship in the US. If she had been caught using forged documents to gain preferential treatment in her own country, she would have had a police record and would not have been eligible for a visa in the first place, let alone citizenship. Whatever your notion of a penalty is, it will seem easier to some one in Mexico who wants to come than waiting for years to do it legally, so it is an open invitation to violate our immigration laws.

We already did that with the Reagan era amnesty. You have to seal the border or you get what we got. We do NOT need to rinse and repeat. Amnesty has already been granted so the next step is to seal the border. You don't get to keep repeating step 1. Surely you see how that just creates an exponentially bigger problem. Seal the border and then you can start talking "path to status," as the numbers are at least finite.
I agree, but I don't see why we can't discuss a plan about what to do about millions of undocumented people who live here at the same time as we work on the border
Again, undocumented is a weasel word that suggests entering the US illegally is just a trivial clerical matter and not an expression of contempt for US law and sovereignty. There is only one thing to do about the millions of illegals which sends the correct policy message to others who want to come here, send them back to where they came from.
Yes to a degree I think it's trivial. It's paperwork. It's unfair to those who immigrate legally so there should be punishment, but banishment is too extreme IMO. I committed the same crime in high school. Got a fake ID to buy booze. I don't think I should be sent to jail 20 years later if that ID was found. I believe in every humans unalienable right for life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. While I committed my felony to buy booze these people committed theirs to give their family's a better life. Some coming from third world crime filled cesspools. While I think we need a system that works better and I believe we should be more organized than simple open borders, I also have compassion for these people as humans. They should face consequences but not be discarded like common criminals.
That's just irresponsible bullshit. Of course most of them come here because they want a better life for themselves and their families, but if they had committed similar offenses in their home countries and had police records for these crimes, they wouldn't have been allowed to come here legally, so what you are proposing is giving preferential treatment to them because they broke the law and got away with it for a while. Apparently, what motivates you to post such nonsense is not just your claim to have feelings of compassion for these people, but also a deep feeling of contempt for America and its laws.
I love America and I respect some laws and see room for reform with other laws. As you know our laws are in an evolving system that change with the will of our people. I've expressed my opinion on the matter and though I don't agree I respect yours as well.

I don't know where you get this preferential treatment statement from. You are distorting my statements again, so apparently you are the dishonest one. I've said create a pathway and make it a harder less incentivize pathway than the legal route. I don't think I can say it any plainer.
Unless you are stupid, there is no way you can't understand. You know exactly why you are advocating preferential treatment for people who would not be allowed to immigrate legally if they had committed the same crime in their home countries that they did here by entering illegally.

When you say you love America, it is clear what you mean is that you would love America if only it were completely different from the way it is. In every post you display contempt for America, its laws and its sovereignty.

There is your problem. If you do not respect all laws, you are no better than those who break those laws.
Yeah I think that's been clearly stated by y'all. I'm a worthless liberal idiot, remember?

Most criminals do fall on the left side of the political spectrum. It is the entitlement mentality that gets you in trouble.
I doubt many criminals are political. Of those that are I'm sure there is a chunk that support entitlements if they come from a poor socioeconomic background. Those middle class and white collar criminals are surely more right leaning supporting less government.

The attitude is entitlement mentality. Libs have it and so do most criminals.
Like when Wall Street and bankers feel entitled to rip us off? You think those people lean left and want more regulations? I don't think so

I don't usually deal with Wall Street or bankers, so it is sort of difficult for them to rip me off. That doesn't mean I excuse their actions. Criminals just happen to be liberals most of the time because they think they can get away with it.

Reagan did have a big heart and it led to some bad policy decisions. At the same time, there was a demand for cheap labor at that time, especially from the southwest and within the Republican Party. It is always a mistake to choose not to enforce a law rather than to change it. Obama, imo, was just a politician who was interested in capturing the Hispanic vote.

President Trump is taking measures to enforce the law as it is written, while Reagan and Obama took measures to avoid enforcing the law as it is written. You can't effectively control the border if you send out the message, as Reagan did, that if you get here illegally, we will allow you to stay here on a year to year basis forever, or even worse, to send out the message, as Obama did, that if you get here illegally we will give you a path to citizenship. That's just bad policy and bad government.
Every foreigner has a pathway to live here legally and become a citizen. Why not create a harder, longer, more expensive path for those that Are here and undocumented. At least then we can work it out together instead of having millions hiding in the shadows. I'd think you hardliners would like this idea... this way we have record of all that are here and they will have to earn it
If we did that, we would be sending a message to the 600,000,000 people living south of the border and all the other people living in poverty or danger in the world that if they can get here illegally, then they can become US citizens. It makes no sense to bolster border security and then send invitations to everyone to violate it.
Not necessarily. Crossing illegally and overstaying visas can still have penalties. AND the pathway for the undocumented can be less attractive and less incentivizing than the current legal path. Trying thinking out of the box

We already did that with the Reagan era amnesty. You have to seal the border or you get what we got. We do NOT need to rinse and repeat. Amnesty has already been granted so the next step is to seal the border. You don't get to keep repeating step 1. Surely you see how that just creates an exponentially bigger problem. Seal the border and then you can start talking "path to status," as the numbers are at least finite.
I agree, but I don't see why we can't discuss a plan about what to do about millions of undocumented people who live here at the same time as we work on the border
Deport them all.

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I just saw this story on CNN. This mother of 4 got caught trying to cross the border with a fake visa 20 years ago, because of this she couldn't not get another visa but was told she could stay in the US but had to check in with ICE twice a year, which she did for the past 18 years. Now her entire family is here (mother, husband, 4 children and they are all American citizens. CNN covers her journey to check in with ICE as they were all nervous about the changes that came with President Trump.

She met with ICE and they told her she was good for another year. She left the building, gave her children hugs and then got called back in by ICE to find out that they were deporting her in July.

I get deporting violent criminals, I hear people asking Trump and his surrogates what they will do with non-violent criminal illegal immigrants and I hear them kicking the can saying they will deal with it later. But then I see stories like this were a mother who is not a violent criminal gets deported and a family is ripped apart.

Thoughts?

I saw this report and I understand Trump supporters see this as a way to make America great again.

Correct. There is something about a UNIFORMED law and order that does make this country great. Sorry you don't feel that way. It's not like this woman mailed a form that didn't get to the immigration office. It's not like she took every measure possible to correct the situation she was in. It's not like she took her place in line like other foreigners who value this country. She forged documents, snuck in, was allowed to stay while knowing she was illegal, and had a huge family anyway uncertain of her plight.

As I stated repeatedly, she has four children and no reports on how she supports them. Yes, she is married, but in a place like Chicago, the husband would have to be making a six figure salary in order to support a family of six. It's easy to assume that besides having these kids, she had no way to support them as well. WE ARE SUPPORTING THEM!

WILLHAFTAWAITE and Doc1... Did either of you put yourself in the position of this lady or her family. Think for just a second, what if this happened to my family?

Give one second to look at this with empathy or are you that selfish and entitled that you don't think that way about others?

My mother is a naturalized citizen. She came here legally and followed the rules.

Was there no point in the last 20 years this woman could have applied for citizenship?

Thoughts?

I saw this report and I understand Trump supporters see this as a way to make America great again.

Correct. There is something about a UNIFORMED law and order that does make this country great. Sorry you don't feel that way. It's not like this woman mailed a form that didn't get to the immigration office. It's not like she took every measure possible to correct the situation she was in. It's not like she took her place in line like other foreigners who value this country. She forged documents, snuck in, was allowed to stay while knowing she was illegal, and had a huge family anyway uncertain of her plight.

As I stated repeatedly, she has four children and no reports on how she supports them. Yes, she is married, but in a place like Chicago, the husband would have to be making a six figure salary in order to support a family of six. It's easy to assume that besides having these kids, she had no way to support them as well. WE ARE SUPPORTING THEM!

Why would the media ask any questions about how she supports them?

No matter what, that would contain information that does not help the narrative.

Either she is a burden on society, or she has a job that some American could be doing.

Thoughts?

Yes, I heard the cost of living in America is very high. It will be higher when Trump repeals the Affordable Care Act. But this might make America even greater. I could be wrong.

Thoughts?

No matter what, that would contain information that does not help the narrative.

Either she is a burden on society, or she has a job that some American could be doing.

Technically, if she's an illegal, she shouldn't have a job, and it's the leftists that constantly say we should hold those employers responsible for hiring illegals.

I read several articles about this woman since the OP, and not one discussed her husband. WTF is this guy at? What does he do for a living? It seems to be part of her life they don't want to report.

So I have my suspicions. I would think that if this husband was an American, he would be front and center in the media to support his wife.

Just too many holes in this story; too many questions that were never addressed.

Thoughts?

Yes, I heard the cost of living in America is very high. It will be higher when Trump repeals the Affordable Care Act. But this might make America even greater. I could be wrong.

How will it be higher by getting rid of Commie Care? Please explain those dynamics.

Thoughts?

How will it be higher by getting rid of Commie Care? Please explain those dynamics.

I saw summaries on TV which took various examples of how much higher insurance will be for people if the law being proposed gets passed. It was quite ironic as those who will be hurt most are typical Trump voters.

Thoughts?

Technically, if she's an illegal, she shouldn't have a job, and it's the leftists that constantly say we should hold those employers responsible for hiring illegals.

I read several articles about this woman since the OP, and not one discussed her husband. WTF is this guy at? What does he do for a living? It seems to be part of her life they don't want to report.

So I have my suspicions. I would think that if this husband was an American, he would be front and center in the media to support his wife.

Just too many holes in this story; too many questions that were never addressed.

The only "hole" was the one she crawled through to enter illegally.

Not even sure why this thread is 40 pages long. She broke the law & was finally held accountable

Thoughts?

Not even sure why this thread is 40 pages long. She broke the law & was finally held accountable

Not everyone on USMessageBoard has a heart of stone with no regard for a family in trouble.

Not everyone on USMessageBoard has a heart of stone with no regard for a family in trouble.
Heart of stone with no regard for a family in trouble?

Do you have a problem with rapists, drunk drivers, murderers, etc getting their just desserts as well?

It's one thing to have a heart for a family that did everything they could and failed. It's another when the head of the family did everything wrong and failed.

QQ

Forum List

Back