Mother of 4 deported

I just saw this story on CNN. This mother of 4 got caught trying to cross the border with a fake visa 20 years ago, because of this she couldn't not get another visa but was told she could stay in the US but had to check in with ICE twice a year, which she did for the past 18 years. Now her entire family is here (mother, husband, 4 children and they are all American citizens. CNN covers her journey to check in with ICE as they were all nervous about the changes that came with President Trump.

She met with ICE and they told her she was good for another year. She left the building, gave her children hugs and then got called back in by ICE to find out that they were deporting her in July.

I get deporting violent criminals, I hear people asking Trump and his surrogates what they will do with non-violent criminal illegal immigrants and I hear them kicking the can saying they will deal with it later. But then I see stories like this were a mother who is not a violent criminal gets deported and a family is ripped apart.

Thoughts?

She did not report for 18 years, only thee last two. And I don't feel bad for her at all. She is a criminal.

I believe the report said she had been reporting for the past 12 years

First Slade she reported 2 times a year for 18 years and now it's down to a few times the last 12 years.

And she seems to have lost 2 children since 2008 :eusa_think:

...Yeah, because not being "divisive" means caving in to every snowflake demand.
Winner-Ribbon-High-Quality-PNG.png

In an Illegal Aliens debate context...

My nominee for Best Post of the Week...

-------------

To the Devil with this goddamned Invasion Force of 11-12,000,000 Illegal Aliens...

And, as to the LibProgs that would rather stand alongside the Invaders than their own fellow countrymen...

Phukk 'em...

I know it's a sad story but she broke the law for the first time 20 years ago :(
Nobody should enter a country illegally.
Unfortunately illegal immigration often leads to sad stories like that :(
Get the violin out...
like I said Karma is a bitch

I know it's a sad story but she broke the law for the first time 20 years ago :(
Nobody should enter a country illegally.
Unfortunately illegal immigration often leads to sad stories like that :(
It is a sad story, and the sad truth is there are billions of sad stories in the world, and perhaps the saddest story of all is that America cannot give them all happy endings.

Unless you are stupid, there is no way you can't understand. You know exactly why you are advocating preferential treatment for people who would not be allowed to immigrate legally if they had committed the same crime in their home countries that they did here by entering illegally.

When you say you love America, it is clear what you mean is that you would love America if only it were completely different from the way it is. In every post you display contempt for America, its laws and its sovereignty.
Ok, can't say I didn't try, that's the last time I'm going repeat myself to hear you distort and falsely regurgitate one of my points. I thought I could have an honest discussion with you but it's apparent that you aren't capable.
lol Still more bullshit. Nothing you said was distorted by me. You simply are too stupid to understand what you are posting or you dishonestly ignoring the implications of it.
If you are too dense to understand there can be an alternative path to legalization that is not preferential and not more advantageous but institutes higher fees, more penalties and a longer more intensive process than the legal path then I can't help you.
How can it not be preferential when illegals have already avoided all the hurdles that legal immigrants have to jump?
Because the whole concept is about providing a pathway to legal staus for the undocumented that currently live in this country with more hurdles than the legal path. Getting them out of the shadows and on the books. Try and keep up

See, that's where the confusion lies. I think you'll find most real American's don't want to offer a pathway to citizenship for those who have broke the law. We want them sent to the back of the line to begin the process. Further, we believe we already have plenty of low iQ, low quality humans here riding the backs of REAL American's. We also believe a "merit" based system and or means type of qualification process should be used in granting citizenship. Using these methods would effectively stop all immigration from Mexico.

The man in question nor any of his American children are any of those bad hombres you wrote about.

Not the point.

Is your head as soft as your heart?

She broke the law.

Despite attempts, she is finally being held responsible for breaking the law.

You're crying because it is breaking up the family.

When a rapist, murderer, drug dealer, etc goes to prison, they are separated from their families.

I see no reason she can't be separated from hers.
The fact that you are equating her to a rapist, murderer, drug dealer just highlights the problem. It's where the word deplorable came from. I'm sure that makes you proud
There is truth to your words. BUT where do we draw the line?
We draw the line through intelligent debate and an honest analysis about the situation to decide what is best for our country as a whole. Unfortunately with the partisan boneheads we have running this country and the even bigger partisan boneheads that support them the odds of achieving productive policy get further from reachable. I do agree with you that there needs to be a line

We don't need a new policy. We already have one in place, and until people like this came along, it was working just fine. Actually, it still works fine, but some Americans think that foreigners should make the decision if our policies are good enough for them.
When was it working just fine and when did the problems start?

Not the point.

She broke the law.

When a rapist, murderer, drug dealer, etc goes to prison, they are separated from their families.

The fact that you are equating her to a rapist, murderer, drug dealer just highlights the problem. It's where the word deplorable came from. I'm sure that makes you proud
We draw the line through intelligent debate and an honest analysis about the situation to decide what is best for our country as a whole. Unfortunately with the partisan boneheads we have running this country and the even bigger partisan boneheads that support them the odds of achieving productive policy get further from reachable. I do agree with you that there needs to be a line

We don't need a new policy. We already have one in place, and until people like this came along, it was working just fine. Actually, it still works fine, but some Americans think that foreigners should make the decision if our policies are good enough for them.

I would say since the Bush years and carried right through today.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

When did the problems start?

when they put laws about immigration into effect.

When people found out they couldn't come in legally, they decided to come in illegally

You think everything was fine in the 80s? You did hear about the millions that were here illegally that Reagan gave amnesty to right?

Was that the system working as it should in your opinion?

Unless you are stupid, there is no way you can't understand. You know exactly why you are advocating preferential treatment for people who would not be allowed to immigrate legally if they had committed the same crime in their home countries that they did here by entering illegally.

When you say you love America, it is clear what you mean is that you would love America if only it were completely different from the way it is. In every post you display contempt for America, its laws and its sovereignty.
Ok, can't say I didn't try, that's the last time I'm going repeat myself to hear you distort and falsely regurgitate one of my points. I thought I could have an honest discussion with you but it's apparent that you aren't capable.
lol Still more bullshit. Nothing you said was distorted by me. You simply are too stupid to understand what you are posting or you dishonestly ignoring the implications of it.
If you are too dense to understand there can be an alternative path to legalization that is not preferential and not more advantageous but institutes higher fees, more penalties and a longer more intensive process than the legal path then I can't help you.
How can it not be preferential when illegals have already avoided all the hurdles that legal immigrants have to jump?
Because the whole concept is about providing a pathway to legal staus for the undocumented that currently live in this country with more hurdles than the legal path. Getting them out of the shadows and on the books. Try and keep up
In other words, it's about amnesty.

Quit pretending that the illegals are going to pay their due and won't get preferential treatment. We all know that's a damn lie. This woman has already been allowed to live in this country for 20 years without paying any kind of dues. Even if she went back to her country of origin and got in the back of the line, she would still be getting preferential treatment.

Screw that. Deport her and don't allow her to return.

You think everything was fine in the 80s? You did hear about the millions that were here illegally that Reagan gave amnesty to right?

Was that the system working as it should in your opinion?

No, it didn't work, which is precisely why we should never do it again.

I just saw this story on CNN. This mother of 4 got caught trying to cross the border with a fake visa 20 years ago, because of this she couldn't not get another visa but was told she could stay in the US but had to check in with ICE twice a year, which she did for the past 18 years. Now her entire family is here (mother, husband, 4 children and they are all American citizens. CNN covers her journey to check in with ICE as they were all nervous about the changes that came with President Trump.

She met with ICE and they told her she was good for another year. She left the building, gave her children hugs and then got called back in by ICE to find out that they were deporting her in July.

I get deporting violent criminals, I hear people asking Trump and his surrogates what they will do with non-violent criminal illegal immigrants and I hear them kicking the can saying they will deal with it later. But then I see stories like this were a mother who is not a violent criminal gets deported and a family is ripped apart.

Thoughts?

a criminal is a criminal

Not the point.

She broke the law.

The problem we have now is directly related to Reagan giving 2 million illegals amnesty in the 80's.

I "waffle" on blanket deportation. If someone is TRULY living crime free, no record, working, TAXES paid, Kids OK in school, Not on Welfare, Not on SSI, Not on Disability, does not have 20 aunts and uncles living illegally with them....etc. I would not be hunting those persons down, just yet.

I don't think we have the entire story on this mother. Something is not right with this story?

#1 Go after all known criminals already locked. Make their home country pay for lockup costs here to date. And send them back to lock them up in their jails. The wall will not allow return.

#2 Known BAD ones. On probation, awaiting trial......gone.

#2a VISA overstays. Charge them a fee to find them. Or they can Surrender and go home on their own, half cost? Or no cost? Would they be easily caught buying Air or boat? or Train? Are there many Visa overstays who will drive across Mexican border? Let them out? not back?

Maybe by now............many are disappearing? willingly? i.e. the word gets out?

Whatever left, Take a good look. Maybe we can keep the good ones? Find a way...... IMVHO.

Remember: someone is cleaning Motel 6, Easy8. Someone has to get to the fields at dark and pick to noon and carpool back to the quarters. Do you think they can get CHI or DET residents out to Brawley, CA to live in the middle of nowhere and be ready to go? Not easily. And they won't do it. Eventually that could all be solved I suppose?

Last edited:
I "waffle". If someone is TRULY living crime free, working, TAXES paid, Kids OK in school, Not on Welfare, Not on SSI, does not have 20 aunts and uncles living illegally with them....etc.

I would go after all the known criminals locked up first. I would make their home country pay for lockup costs here to date. And take them back and lock them up in their jails. The wall will not allow return.

Known BAD ones second, on probation, awaiting trial......gone.

VISA overstays next. Charge them fee to find them. Or Surrender and go home on their own, half cost?

Maybe by now............many are disappearing? willingly?

Whatever left, Take a good look. We can keep the good ones? Find a way...... IMVHO.
If we are a nation of laws, it is important to apply those laws in the same way to everyone. It is a fact that under our present immigration laws most of the law abiding people in the world will never become eligible to even apply for an immigration visa to the US. Only people who are sponsored by a close relative who is a citizen or green card holder or by an employer or who possesses certain skills that are in short supply or who has exceptional educational achievements, such as a Ph.d or M.D., are eligible to apply for an immigration visa. Some exceptions are made, as in the case of Cubans, who arrived essentially illegally, until Obama nixed that exception or Iraqis and Afghanis who aided US forces, but in general, if you do not fall into one of the above categories you cannot apply for an immigration visa to the US. How can we then allow people who would not have qualified for an immigration visa to stay here simply because they haven't committed any crimes since entering the country illegally and still call ourselves a nation of laws?

How can we then allow people who would not have qualified for an immigration visa

Very good questions. I would say only that they were "allowed" for so long........to stay. They have been "allowed" to work........some may be clean. With citizen anchor babies. WTH? GOVT "allowed" them.

I don't know? I do know.......all the bad ones could go. We know many are in Jail(s).

How can we then allow people who would not have qualified for an immigration visa

Very good questions. I would say only that they were "allowed" for so long........to stay. They have been "allowed" to work........some may be clean. With citizen anchor babies. WTH? GOVT "allowed" them.

I don't know? I do know.......all the bad ones could go. We know many are in Jail(s).
One way to look at it is that the government allowed them to stay, but another way to look at it is that they chose to stay on a year to year basis knowing each year they may not be allowed to stay for a second year. The important issue to my mind is what sends the proper policy message to all the millions who want to come here but who will never be eligible for an immigration visa: allowing them to stay or deporting them?

I "waffle". If someone is TRULY living crime free, working, TAXES paid, Kids OK in school, Not on Welfare, Not on SSI, does not have 20 aunts and uncles living illegally with them....etc.

I would go after all the known criminals locked up first. I would make their home country pay for lockup costs here to date. And take them back and lock them up in their jails. The wall will not allow return.

Known BAD ones second, on probation, awaiting trial......gone.

VISA overstays next. Charge them fee to find them. Or Surrender and go home on their own, half cost?

Maybe by now............many are disappearing? willingly?

Whatever left, Take a good look. We can keep the good ones? Find a way...... IMVHO.
If we are a nation of laws, it is important to apply those laws in the same way to everyone. It is a fact that under our present immigration laws most of the law abiding people in the world will never become eligible to even apply for an immigration visa to the US. Only people who are sponsored by a close relative who is a citizen or green card holder or by an employer or who possesses certain skills that are in short supply or who has exceptional educational achievements, such as a Ph.d or M.D., are eligible to apply for an immigration visa. Some exceptions are made, as in the case of Cubans, who arrived essentially illegally, until Obama nixed that exception or Iraqis and Afghanis who aided US forces, but in general, if you do not fall into one of the above categories you cannot apply for an immigration visa to the US. How can we then allow people who would not have qualified for an immigration visa to stay here simply because they haven't committed any crimes since entering the country illegally and still call ourselves a nation of laws?
In an ideal world and by design you are correct, however, we do not live in an ideal world and the situation is one where we have 10+million people living here without documentation. Many have been here for decades, they have children who are citizens, and they are members of our communities. Modifications to our laws have to be made to properly deal with this situation or else we will be stuck in a perpetual war within our borders with millions of your so called criminals and their supporters. We are a civilized society so we should be smart enough to recognize what is possible and what isn't possible, what is smart/productive and what is destructive... there is a humane way to work together to deal with this situation but unfortunately people with your uncompromising and short sighted mindset will just cause conflict and stall progress.

Forum List

Back