Mother of 4 deported

She does a crime and deserves to be deported...any immigrants that do crimes should be run out of this country

I just saw this story on CNN. This mother of 4 got caught trying to cross the border with a fake visa 20 years ago, because of this she couldn't not get another visa but was told she could stay in the US but had to check in with ICE twice a year, which she did for the past 18 years. Now her entire family is here (mother, husband, 4 children and they are all American citizens. CNN covers her journey to check in with ICE as they were all nervous about the changes that came with President Trump.

She met with ICE and they told her she was good for another year. She left the building, gave her children hugs and then got called back in by ICE to find out that they were deporting her in July.

I get deporting violent criminals, I hear people asking Trump and his surrogates what they will do with non-violent criminal illegal immigrants and I hear them kicking the can saying they will deal with it later. But then I see stories like this were a mother who is not a violent criminal gets deported and a family is ripped apart.

Thoughts?

The problem began with telling the thing it could stay to begin with. I also hear a lot of crap about separating families by sending parents back to mexico. But there's an easy solution to that. Send their families back with them! Problem solved! They shouldn't have been in this country to spit out anchor babied to begin with.

Let's see the lawyers deal with this logic. If you are in this country ILLEGALLY, anything that might come out of them should be considered to be illegal too. It isn't where a person is that decides whether or not they are a criminal. It is whether or not they are a criminal that decides whether or not they are a criminal.

I just saw this story on CNN. This mother of 4 got caught trying to cross the border with a fake visa 20 years ago, because of this she couldn't not get another visa but was told she could stay in the US but had to check in with ICE twice a year, which she did for the past 18 years. Now her entire family is here (mother, husband, 4 children and they are all American citizens. CNN covers her journey to check in with ICE as they were all nervous about the changes that came with President Trump.

She met with ICE and they told her she was good for another year. She left the building, gave her children hugs and then got called back in by ICE to find out that they were deporting her in July.

I get deporting violent criminals, I hear people asking Trump and his surrogates what they will do with non-violent criminal illegal immigrants and I hear them kicking the can saying they will deal with it later. But then I see stories like this were a mother who is not a violent criminal gets deported and a family is ripped apart.

Thoughts?

The problem began with telling the thing it could stay to begin with. I also hear a lot of crap about separating families by sending parents back to mexico. But there's an easy solution to that. Send their families back with them! Problem solved! They shouldn't have been in this country to spit out anchor babied to begin with.

Let's see the lawyers deal with this logic. If you are in this country ILLEGALLY, anything that might come out of them should be considered to be illegal too. It isn't where a person is that decides whether or not they are a criminal. It is whether or not they are a criminal that decides whether or not they are a criminal.

What if the father has papers and the mother doesn't?

Thoughts?

I don't really understand this position.

If the husband or wife has papers, last I checked it was relatively easy to get the spouse legal.

I know several people right now, and they are married to non-US citizens, and they are getting them here legal.

So if it's legal.... then what is the problem? If it's not legal, then explain how? How are you unable to get your spouse here legally, when everyone else seems perfectly able to do this?

Thoughts?

If the husband or wife has papers, last I checked it was relatively easy to get the spouse legal.

I know several people right now, and they are married to non-US citizens, and they are getting them here legal.

So if it's legal.... then what is the problem? If it's not legal, then explain how? How are you unable to get your spouse here legally, when everyone else seems perfectly able to do this?

There is a lot about life you don't seem to understand. I think you need to spend less time in front of the computer and more time out In The world engaging with real life

Thoughts?

There is a lot about life you don't seem to understand. I think you need to spend less time in front of the computer and more time out In The world engaging with real life

I Know that millions of illegal Mexicans are why my 2 brother in law can not get a visa to this Country. So she did in fact cause harm, harm to every person trying to get here legally that is denied because of to many illegals.

Thoughts?

I Know that millions of illegal Mexicans are why my 2 brother in law can not get a visa to this Country. So she did in fact cause harm, harm to every person trying to get here legally that is denied because of to many illegals.

I'm curious, what is the process the government uses to count the number of illegals in this country then deduct that from the number of legal visas they write to allow legal immigrants into our country? This is a sincere question, can you provide a link that explains how that process works?

[What if the father has papers and the mother doesn't?
The parents are completely irrelevant. Was the child born in the U.S., made a U.S. citizen through the legal process, or have some other legal status to be here (such as a Visa)? If no - there ass goes. Even if BOTH parents have "papers".

This is not difficult folks. Stop trying to find loopholes.

Thoughts?

Ok, I can buy that. Explain? Are all the people I know, all the exception, and I have amazing abilities to only meet the exceptions in society?

I have a renter right now. He is applying for citizenship, and his wife is applying to come to the US right now.

That isn't 'normal'? Because his relatives all came the same way. So whats up? You tell me. I look forward to your enlightening post.

I'm curious, what is the process the government uses to count the number of illegals in this country then deduct that from the number of legal visas they write to allow legal immigrants into our country? This is a sincere question, can you provide a link that explains how that process works?

Not going back through 77 pages of this thread to determine your position; do you accept the presence / non-deportation of all illegals in the US?

Not going back through 77 pages of this thread to determine your position; do you accept the presence / non-deportation of all illegals in the US?
I think we should push our policies towards legal immigration and do our best to reduce visa over stays and illegal crossings. I think given the magnitude of the problem with 10+ million undocumented living in the US some for decades we need to deal with that problem in a smarter way than simply trying to deport them all. So a pathway to get them to register and live here with legal staus and penalties is in order. This is a much larger discussion though and I dont want to repeat my ideas as I've stated some of them several times. What does that have to do with the question in my post that you responded to?

I think we should push our policies towards legal immigration and do our best to reduce visa over stays and illegal crossings. I think given the magnitude of the problem with 10+ million undocumented living in the US some for decades we need to deal with that problem in a smarter way than simply trying to deport them all. So a pathway to get them to register and live here with legal staus and penalties is in order. This is a much larger discussion though and I dont want to repeat my ideas as I've stated some of them several times. What does that have to do with the question in my post that you responded to?
Reagan did that...and we are where?

We are 30 years in the future with much better technology, tracking, and law enforcement capabilities. Reagan did half the job but was unable to effectively secure the "border"

We are 30 years in the future with much better technology, tracking, and law enforcement capabilities. Reagan did half the job but was unable to effectively secure the "border"
So you are throwing in the towel on as many as 30M (It has been 10 million for 25 years) illegal aliens?
Sound like an American't to me.

So you are throwing in the towel on as many as 30M (It has been 10 million for 25 years) illegal aliens?
What do you mean throwing in the towel?

Thoughts?

Not that I would do it. But I wonder what the going rate is for an American to have a sham marriage with a foreigner as an easy way to make them a citizen.

Given your post about throwing in the towel and your username, where are you from. Oppositlland?

Given your post about throwing in the towel and your username, where are you from. Oppositlland?
Not an argument.

No. Reagan fell for the con, the lie that the border will be secured as part of this process. He did his part and would have approved and signed anything put on his desk to secure it. We don't need to fall for that lie again. If securing the border is part of this process, it can be part 1 this time.

No. Reagan fell for the con, the lie that the border will be secured as part of this process. He did his part and would have approved and signed anything put on his desk to secure it. We don't need to fall for that lie again. If securing the border is part of this process, it can be part 1 this time.
I think that's a smart approach. Don't think the wall is the right solution but border security is a fine first step. What exactly was the lie that Reagan fell for again? Which border security efforts was he assuming would seal it up that never happened?

Forum List

Back