Mother of 4 deported

I just saw this story on CNN. This mother of 4 got caught trying to cross the border with a fake visa 20 years ago, because of this she couldn't not get another visa but was told she could stay in the US but had to check in with ICE twice a year, which she did for the past 18 years. Now her entire family is here (mother, husband, 4 children and they are all American citizens. CNN covers her journey to check in with ICE as they were all nervous about the changes that came with President Trump.

She met with ICE and they told her she was good for another year. She left the building, gave her children hugs and then got called back in by ICE to find out that they were deporting her in July.

I get deporting violent criminals, I hear people asking Trump and his surrogates what they will do with non-violent criminal illegal immigrants and I hear them kicking the can saying they will deal with it later. But then I see stories like this were a mother who is not a violent criminal gets deported and a family is ripped apart.

Thoughts?

The woman's predicament is caused by her own choices. She chose to come here illegally and she chose to remain her illegally. She could of come forward at any time and applied for citizenship, yet she chose not to. This issue has been in the headlines for years now. But instead of doing anything, she chose to do nothing.

If any politicians are to blame for her predicament, it's the open borders douche bags who refused to enforce the law for 20 years.

You could probably trace it back to Reagan but regardless of whose fault it is the fact remains that she was told what to do and she did it. She now has a life and a family of American citizens who live her. I understand you are an immigration hard ass and thats fine. But acknowledging the human side of this situation and admitting that some fucked up things are happening is what needs to happen to close the gap.

The race card gets played too much, but when you take a hard headed heartless attitude in the face of these types of situations it really does make you come off as racists. Do you understand that?

That begs the question: if she was in this country for 20 years, why was she not working on getting a citizenship or a green card? 20 years and she supposedly reported to ICE twice a year? There is something missing to this story that I don't understand.

She walked into ICE twice a year for the past 18 years to check in. Do you understand that?

I understand that's what she claims to have done. I also understand a sympathetic press reports her claim without scrutiny because it makes for a better story.

I'm highly skeptical that 36 visits to immigration resulted in her being told every time that she's free to stay in this country illegally.

If she can prove that, perhaps it's the ICE agents who should be deported.
So is it your theory that she lied about checking in with ICE over the past 18 years but then just decided that she would roll the dice and do so for CNN and risk being deported?

Seems to be working. You bought it. So did CNN.

If she gets a sympathetic judge, she's on easy street. She may even sue ICE.

I just saw this story on CNN. This mother of 4 got caught trying to cross the border with a fake visa 20 years ago, because of this she couldn't not get another visa but was told she could stay in the US but had to check in with ICE twice a year, which she did for the past 18 years. Now her entire family is here (mother, husband, 4 children and they are all American citizens. CNN covers her journey to check in with ICE as they were all nervous about the changes that came with President Trump.

She met with ICE and they told her she was good for another year. She left the building, gave her children hugs and then got called back in by ICE to find out that they were deporting her in July.

I get deporting violent criminals, I hear people asking Trump and his surrogates what they will do with non-violent criminal illegal immigrants and I hear them kicking the can saying they will deal with it later. But then I see stories like this were a mother who is not a violent criminal gets deported and a family is ripped apart.

Thoughts?

BUH BYE! Nothing is stopping her family from going with her! :)

She walked into ICE twice a year for the past 18 years to check in. Do you understand that?

I understand that's what she claims to have done. I also understand a sympathetic press reports her claim without scrutiny because it makes for a better story.

I'm highly skeptical that 36 visits to immigration resulted in her being told every time that she's free to stay in this country illegally.

If she can prove that, perhaps it's the ICE agents who should be deported.
So is it your theory that she lied about checking in with ICE over the past 18 years but then just decided that she would roll the dice and do so for CNN and risk being deported?

Seems to be working. You bought it. So did CNN.

If she gets a sympathetic judge, she's on easy street. She may even sue ICE.

You can't sue ICE for doing their job.

It means she has a life and a family including 4 children who have lived her their entire life.

She should not have subjected them to this sort of trauma.

She is a self absorbed willful violator of the law. If she cared about her children she wouldn't have waited 20 years to correct her mistake.

Thoughts?

The woman's predicament is caused by her own choices. She chose to come here illegally and she chose to remain her illegally. She could of come forward at any time and applied for citizenship, yet she chose not to. This issue has been in the headlines for years now. But instead of doing anything, she chose to do nothing.

If any politicians are to blame for her predicament, it's the open borders douche bags who refused to enforce the law for 20 years.

You could probably trace it back to Reagan but regardless of whose fault it is the fact remains that she was told what to do and she did it. She now has a life and a family of American citizens who live her. I understand you are an immigration hard ass and thats fine. But acknowledging the human side of this situation and admitting that some fucked up things are happening is what needs to happen to close the gap.

The race card gets played too much, but when you take a hard headed heartless attitude in the face of these types of situations it really does make you come off as racists. Do you understand that?

What does "acknowledging the human side of this situation" entail? Does that mean giving her a free pass? Yeah, some fucked up things have happened with regard to immigration, but they all occurred under the policies you support.

If you don't believe our laws should be enforced, just admit it.

I think we should do way better with our visa tracking and border enforcement, the wall is a waste. I also think we need to have a system to deal with millions of undocumented in our country and shipping them out is not a smart idea. They should all be able to register, pay taxes, and pay their dues to earn either legal status or citizenship... not hide in the shadows

Thoughts?

I personally don't care what it makes me come off as. She's an interloper. An infiltrator. Due to misuse of the law our country granted her children citizenship. She doesn't even deserve that much. But she has it. Now we as a nation, bear the burden in whole, for better or worse, all of the consequences fostered by her desendants. Do you not realize she should be more than grateful? It's like robbing fort Knox and being allowed to keep the gold! Her line should have no slice of the American pie. Why? Because she stole it! That's why...

20 years ago you dumbass, you're skipping what happened for the past 18 years. What is wrong with you?
What happened for the last 20 years is that open borders politicians declined to enforce the law.
I understand that some open-borders douche bag politicians refused to enforce the law. If you want to blame someone, blame them.
Fine I blame them, they were wrong... But because of what they have done and what she was instructed to do for the past 18 years, I can confidently say that treating this mother the way she is being treated is wrong. It also goes against what our leadership has said is their agenda. Violent criminals first? Apparently not

She broke the terms of her agreement. I pay property tax every year. If I stop paying them, they will come and take my house away. If I'm a criminal on parole and the deal is I have to see my parole officer once a month, and I miss a couple of months, I'm going back to jail when they find me.
What terms did she break? She walked into ICE to check in like she has done for the past 18 years.

Thoughts?

I'll make you a deal. If she can prove that at anytime in the last 20 years she voted Republican... she can stay.

Too bad people think they can drag their kids into this as an excuse to violate immigration laws and think we are fooled. Dreamers or anchor babies, Immigrants or illegal aliens. Euphemisms. Nobody is above the laws. Not even Mexicans. That might be a shocker. But it's true.
You saw the story, for 18 years she checked in with ICE and was told she could stay. Her mother is a citizen, her husband is a citizen, her four kids are citizens. She can't get papers because of what she did 20 years ago. Does this really sound right to you?
I might feel sorry and regret , but this story doesn't represent my experiences with illegals, all the crime and the harm they have done some how always gets under represented. It's amazing how that is either underplayed or made to be racist. It is NEITHER. It's just a fact, all the harm they bring.
Trump is giving it a pretty big VOICE

...Nobody is above the law...
There's really no way around it, if you do the crime you do the time. When she gets back to Mexico she'll find that they really don't mess around w/ those laws...
Does this really sound right to you?
No it doesn't. We can bet there was a lot of exlanitory info left out and false statements inserted. CNN has a really bad track record on this:
  • Early November: Spike in Transgender Suicide Rates
  • November 22: The Tri-State Election Hacking Conspiracy Theory
  • December 1: The 27-Cent Foreclosure
  • January 20: The Great MLK Jr. Bust Controversy
  • January 20: The Nonexistent Climate Change Website

She violated our immigration laws. Has she been violating our election laws as well and voting in our elections?
She violated the law 20 years ago then complied for the last 18. Got no clue about the voting.
It doesn't matter if she was allowed to slide before. That was then, this is now.
No shit... But it does matter to anybody with a heart, there is a family of American citizens losing their mother. There is something wrong with that.
Yes there is. But not what you think. Misuse of the law that was established to give citizenship to the slaves, has been applied to infiltrators. There is indeed, something very wrong with that.

Last edited:
I get deporting violent criminals
I don't understand how you don't get deporting any and all illegal aliens. Only the left could embrace criminals and criminal activity.
I don't see this lady as a criminal and I think it is wrong for her to be deported. The damage it does to her family and community is much worse that whatever is gained be deporting her. I actually can't think of a thing that is gained by deporting her

Thoughts?

That begs the question: if she was in this country for 20 years, why was she not working on getting a citizenship or a green card? 20 years and she supposedly reported to ICE twice a year? There is something missing to this story that I don't understand.

She tried and they wouldn't give it to her because of her visa violation. she was told to check in with ICE

Forum List

Back