Mother throws 6 year old son off bridge in Oregon

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
This is all over the news today here. The boy had autism. I hope dearly that he didn't suffer, and that he didn't have the ability to be horrified.

NEWPORT, Ore. -- A Lincoln County woman was expected to appear in court Tuesday on accusations she murdered her son by throwing him off the Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport Monday night.

Authorities said 34-year-old Jillian McCabe called 911 at 6:25 p.m. to report what she did. She later told police that she heard voices in her head telling her to throw the boy off the bridge.

When asked the nature of her emergency, she told the 911 dispatcher, "I just threw my son over the Yaquina Bay Bridge," according to a probable cause affidavit obtained by KGW Tuesday morning.

She told the dispatcher her son London was gone in the water, and described him and his clothing in detail, then described herself as an officer approached her. She told several officers on the scene that she had thrown the boy into the water.

One officer actually saw McCabe carrying him on the bridge, which he found odd considering the size of the boy.

The drop from the bridge deck to the water below is 133 feet. The Coast Guard, Newport police and fire and the Lincoln County sheriff's office searched for a victim in the water around the bridge.

About 10:30 p.m., the boy's body was located near the Embarcadero Resort to the east of the bridge. He was identified by a photo provided by his father Matt McCabe.

Court docs Voices told mom to throw son off bridge

Sounds like mom had some issues, too.

This is in my neck of the woods. That's a very tall and scary bridge. One wonders why the officer who saw her, and thought the situation was odd, didn't stop and talk to her. Particularly given the fact that it has been cold, rainy and windy here over the past week, and that bridge is not a safe bridge to walk across.

I bet he's kicking himself today. And he should.

His fruitloop mother had a child with a man with MS...she's a typical progressive leach. Presumably she decided that the ssi she receives for this kid that she had to get $$ wasn't worth the effort she had to exert as his mother.

I bet she told herself she was putting him out of his misery.

His fruitloop mother had a child with a man with MS...she's a typical progressive leach. Presumably she decided that the ssi she receives for this kid that she had to get $$ wasn't worth the effort she had to exert as his mother.

says the good christian.

YOU'RE the one with issues.

:asshole:

Sounds like mom had some issues, too.

This is in my neck of the woods. That's a very tall and scary bridge. One wonders why the officer who saw her, and thought the situation was odd, didn't stop and talk to her. Particularly given the fact that it has been cold, rainy and windy here over the past week, and that bridge is not a safe bridge to walk across.

I bet he's kicking himself today. And he should.
I bet he is. I've been over that bridge many many times, and while I've never been afraid of heights, it's one of those massive bridgeworks that gives you the willies.
I hope to god the boy was impaired enough to not know what was going on.

The "voices in my head" crap sounds too cliché.
She probably got tired of dealing with the boy's autism, and she decided to dump him. Sadder than sad.

She wanted to have an abortion, but the Republicans prevented it.

^^^ I agree that her tubes should be tied, but in my opinion she should also be prohibited from having more kids through adoption as well.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The woman has a long history of issues, and the child should have been removed from her care aeons ago.

But she's a system addict, and instead of cutting those dysfunctional morons loose and telling them to fend for themselves or die, and farming their poor children out to people who no matter HOW obnoxious are still preferrable to the real parents in that they won't cause the death of the kids.....the system, and progressive yahoos, coddle and sympathize with her until she got the impression that no matter what she did, someone will be around to hold her hand.

Forum List

Back