Mr. President, you did not kill Bin Laden. America Did. ex Seals and CIA ad

Admiral has every right to say when a silly group is not representing the military.

You are out of line to suggest that the Admiral is wrong.

Admiral has every right to say when a silly group is not representing the military.

The group didnt say it represented the military.

You don't want military leaders promoting political sides.

I think you know this.

Big fonts and pretty pictures don't help make your case. Under the explicit and enumerated powers granted congress, none involve building the seat of government. Exercising legislation is not funding the building thereof.

Was the interstate highway system outside the domain of federal authority?

The Port of New York?

The U.S. Constitution, Article 1 Section 8: (The enumerated powers of Congress)

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, byCession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

................................................................................................................................

It's concluded. you have never read the U.S. Constitution.

The enumerated powers say nothing about constructing a Capital.

And yes, legislation does entail funding and (erecting) buildings for this clause.

Why are you reading additional words into the clear words of the founders?

Is the interstate highway system unconstiutional? Who are we asking? The people who wrote the constitution or the people who wanted the roads built?
The Port of NY? Really? Do I need to answer that or are you going to read your Constitution first?

I wouldn't answer those questions if I was you, either.

double-facepalm1.jpg

No additional words. (erecting) buildings is clearly listed with respect to that single clause. The seat of government is the Capital and a "needful building" as determined by congress as authorized in the clause. Legislation is how it is authorized and funded via the spending clause and the one in question. I've already given you the history of the first non-post road. I have also offered you the opinion of the constitutional convention on the matter. However, I like how your dropping claims and adding new ones as you go along. Once again it is obvious that you have never read the U.S. Constitution. You don’t seriously believe any of the things you are typing here. You got caught not knowing the U.S. Constitution and now, as opposed to giving up an obviously loser of an argument, your digging your hole even deeper. There’s nothing more common than a liberal that knows nothing about the History of the U.S. or the U.S. Constitution in American politics. I hope it makes you feel better to know that you are not alone.

TripleFacePalm.jpg

Last edited:
You don't military leaders siding with incorrect political posturing, which is what the group is doing.

The group didnt say it represented the military. You don't want military leaders promoting political sides. I think you know this.

You don't military leaders siding with incorrect political posturing, which is what the group is doing.

Right the military leaders need to determine the incorrect political posturing, then take action against it.

How could I miss that.

We really are on the fast track to becoming a 3rd World shithole.

The group didnt say it represented the military. You don't want military leaders promoting political sides. I think you know this.

I guess that all depends on the merits and truth of their argument. Which is a hard one to dispute to say the least. Not that you would know what an argument is. You know, being that you always post unsubstantiated claims in all. But I will help you!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y]Argument Clinic - YouTube[/ame]

The U.S. Constitution, Article 1 Section 8: (The enumerated powers of Congress)

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, byCession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

................................................................................................................................

It's concluded. you have never read the U.S. Constitution.

Is the interstate highway system unconstiutional? Who are we asking? The people who wrote the constitution or the people who wanted the roads built?
The Port of NY? Really? Do I need to answer that or are you going to read your Constitution first?

double-facepalm1.jpg

No additional words. (erecting) buildings

LOL! No additional words, except this one I'll slip in parenthetically.

I wouldn't answer the follow up questions if I were you, either, I'd just spend time explaining how ignorant the other person is and how superior I am.

It's workin' for ya!

The military leadership does make those type of decisions for the military.

OODA, you don't.

That simple.

Right the military leaders need to determine the incorrect political posturing, then take action against it.

How could I miss that.

We really are on the fast track to becoming a 3rd World shithole.

Publius, you need to take a course on public discourse.

You made an affirmation, then simply cited the Constitution.

That would be fine if you were a recognized, noted, and accepted constitutional scholar, who then supported the points with analysis, evidence, stats, etc.

Until you do, no one has to rebut you than ask for the evidence.

You failed to do that.

I guess that all depends on the merits and truth of their argument. Which is a hard one to dispute to say the least. Not that you would know what an argument is. You know, being that you always post unsubstantiated claims in all. But I will help you!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y]Argument Clinic - YouTube[/ame]

Horeshit. The military keeps their suck shut on matters political.

They just booted a Marine for it.

It is a slippery slope and precedent.

But I know you have to be right on the internet.

Quoting Publius here:

(8537 is right but) I'm smart and dammit people like me.

He didn't actually say the part in parentheses, but I added it because I know that's what he meant. No additional words necessary (except the ones in parentheses, ya see)

Says who? You? I would never let my soldiers talk out of turn to the public on matters out of their ken and not their business. This is what the Admiral did.

And you think him wrong. That is why I am not concerned with your concern.

Horeshit. The military keeps their suck shut on matters political.

They just booted a Marine for it.

It is a slippery slope and precedent.

But I know you have to be right on the internet.

Says who? You? I would never let my soldiers talk out of turn to the public on matters out of their ken and not their business. This is what the Admiral did.

Those were not the Admirals soldiers, those were civilians.

If you led Joe. YOU KNOW son.

double-facepalm1.jpg

No additional words. (erecting) buildings

LOL! No additional words, except this one I'll slip in parenthetically.

I wouldn't answer the follow up questions if I were you, either, I'd just spend time explaining how ignorant the other person is and how superior I am.

It's workin' for ya!
Quoting Publius here:

(8537 is right but) I'm smart and dammit people like me.

He didn't actually say the part in parentheses, but I added it because I know that's what he meant. No additional words necessary (except the ones in parentheses, ya see)

Slip in parenthetically? You know why? Because I didn't want to type "Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards," only to get to the "and other needful Buildings part." The word "erection" is actually in the clause if you only took the time to read it. As you can see below the erection of needful buildings is clearly stated. The capital is not only the seat of government but a needful building as determined by Congress and within their legislative authority to build. I was just arguing on the merits without including all the fluff. People do it all the time when talking about the constitution to morons but don't take in to account the existence of super morons who don’t realize that the parenthetical word is represented in the text. Not only have you never read the U.S. Constitution but you have an English comprehension problem.

quadruple_26bf28_1655536.jpg

Last edited:
You know nothing, son. If it were civilians, once military personnel, particularly any former officers, the admiral was 100% correct to do so, and you 100% wrong to defend them.

Those were not the Admirals soldiers, those were civilians. If you led Joe. YOU KNOW son.

Publius, son, we have been through this.

You have to analyze what you are posting and offer supporting evidence.

Why? You are not an authority we have to respect on this matter.

Forum List

Back