MSNBC caught editing videos to smear Veterans

[MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION]

At 0:21, the commentator accuses Rachel Maddow of making the Vets protest as something orchestrated by the Tea Party, Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin.

At 0:33, the commentator accuses Rachel Maddow of claiming the protest was "racially motivated."

At 0:35, the video cuts to a clip of Rachel Maddow who at 0:42 begins railing on a protestor for bringing a Confederate Flag to the protest, insisting that at 0:55 the protester was "waving a Confederate flag in front of the White House because a 'black family lived there' which had nothing to do with the Marine flag he brought with him."

At 1:07, the commentator begins showing footage and debunking Maddow's racist allegations by showing black veterans who showed up to the protest.

At 1:24, the video cuts to footage of a man in the background assailing the Park Police for closing down the memorial.

At 1:43, the commentator takes apart another of Rachel Maddow's lies. The claim was "the protestors were throwing the barricades at the White House." Whilst footage shows that they were piling them up in front of the White House.

At 1:54, the video cuts to Rachel Maddow making the claim.

At 2:10, the commentator drops Maddow for lying about the Police Officers not getting paid during the shutdown.

At 2:33, while making said claim, Maddow shows a video loop of a "veteran pushing an officer backwards" making it appear to the audience that the vets had instigated the scuffle.

At 2:41, the commentator tells us that what Maddow failed to mention was that it was the officers who lashed out at the vets first.

At 2:42, raw footage is shown of the scuffle debunking the edited version.

At 3:02, the commentator debunks the claim that the Officers were not being paid, stating "it is on record that these officers are seen as 'essential' personnel."

At 3:09, the video cuts to Rachel Maddow claiming that the Officers were not being paid. She makes the additional claim that "they are being yelled at just for being at work."

At 3:21, raw footage is played of a male protestor questioning (not yelling at) a female officer over whether there was any threat or law being broken. To which there was no reply.

From 3:25 to 4:18 the commentator issues a brief monologue railing against the Obama administration for denying Vets access to their own memorials.

Holy toledo!

Blow by blow just for you!

Last edited:
1) Said Veterans March was organized by the Tea Party, by Ted Cruz.
2) Race card, showed the ONE person who brought a Confederate flag, yet failing to show the thousands of BLACK veterans alongside him.
3) Claimed that the "racist" veterans dragged and hurled the barricades at the White House, because there is a black man in there.
4) Said that the police were not being "paid."
5) Continuously showing the veteran pushing the cop, but fails to show all the cops you STARTED the pushing against the veterans.
6) Claims again that the "poor police" are not being paid, while being pushed.

MSNBC Caught Framing Vet's With Edited Video - YouTube

One thing I vowed to do this fall was to truly crawl thru the rules of the FCC and see if they have any standards or rules on editing to present "false witness" whether it be edited for the news or an opinion show.

It's right up there on my to do list. I'd like to make these people who do this on a continual basis such as MSNBC bleed out hard.

I have 10 months of winter and 2 months of bad skating aka a lot of time on my hands.

:eusa_angel:

So, you Obamabots out there. What do you have to say for yourselves now?

She probably did exaggerate a bit on a few things

Yeah, after I summarized the video to you. Thank you for your admission at least.

No, I said she was too harsh in my first post about the barricades. I really don't take as serious as some on here seem to be. The barricades are the only part that seem to have been exaggerated significantly.

2) Race card, showed the ONE person who brought a Confederate flag, yet failing to show the thousands of BLACK veterans alongside him.
3) Claimed that the "racist" veterans dragged and hurled the barricades at the White House, because there is a black man in there.
5) Continuously showing the veteran pushing the cop, but fails to show all the cops you STARTED the pushing against the veterans.

One thing I vowed to do this fall was to truly crawl thru the rules of the FCC and see if they have any standards or rules on editing to present "false witness" whether it be edited for the news or an opinion show.

It's right up there on my to do list. I'd like to make these people who do this on a continual basis such as MSNBC bleed out hard.

I have 10 months of winter and 2 months of bad skating aka a lot of time on my hands.

FCC Rules

Here you go.

At 0:21, the commentator accuses Rachel Maddow of making the Vets protest as something orchestrated by the Tea Party, Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin.

At 0:33, the commentator accuses Rachel Maddow of claiming the protest was "racially motivated."

At 0:35, the video cuts to a clip of Rachel Maddow who at 0:42 begins railing on a protestor for bringing a Confederate Flag to the protest, insisting that at 0:55 the protester was "waving a Confederate flag in front of the White House because a 'black family lived there' which had nothing to do with the Marine flag he brought with him."

At 1:07, the commentator begins showing footage and debunking Maddow's racist allegations by showing black veterans who showed up to the protest.

At 1:24, the video cuts to footage of a man in the background assailing the Park Police for closing down the memorial.

At 1:43, the commentator takes apart another of Rachel Maddow's lies. The claim was "the protestors were throwing the barricades at the White House." Whilst footage shows that they were piling them up in front of the White House.

At 1:54, the video cuts to Rachel Maddow making the claim.

At 2:10, the commentator drops Maddow for lying about the Police Officers not getting paid during the shutdown.

At 2:33, while making said claim, Maddow shows a video loop of a "veteran pushing an officer backwards" making it appear to the audience that the vets had instigated the scuffle.

At 2:41, the commentator tells us that what Maddow failed to mention was that it was the officers who lashed out at the vets first.

At 2:42, raw footage is shown of the scuffle debunking the edited version.

At 3:02, the commentator debunks the claim that the Officers were not being paid, stating "it is on record that these officers are seen as 'essential' personnel."

At 3:09, the video cuts to Rachel Maddow claiming that the Officers were not being paid. She makes the additional claim that "they are being yelled at just for being at work."

At 3:21, raw footage is played of a male protestor questioning (not yelling at) a female officer over whether there was any threat or law being broken. To which there was no reply.

From 3:25 to 4:18 the commentator issues a brief monologue railing against the Obama administration for denying Vets access to their own memorials.

Holy toledo!

TY!

I really would like to see some serious penalties levied against MSNBC for their repeated tape doctoring.

Holy toledo!

TY!

I really would like to see some serious penalties levied against MSNBC for their repeated tape doctoring.

It sounds like most legal experts say Zimmerman is in line for millions with his defamation lawsuit against them. I'd like to say NBC would learn a lesson, but their partisan hatred is too strong to ever make them play fair and do the right thing.

I haven't seen it but I will wait until I get some good info from someone other than Tinydancer et al.

MSNBC violated general slander law, which if I'm not mistaken can be used against them. Right now, I cannot find any FCC regulations about tape editing.

Although this is as close as I could get.

Adoption Of Standards Designed To Eliminate Deceptive Advertising From Television (Petition Of Tube (Termination Of Unfair Broadcasting Excesses)) 32 FCC 2d 360 (1971)

FCC Rules

Here you go.

TY. Government websites are not user friendly.

MSNBC violated general slander law, which if I'm not mistaken can be used against them. Right now, I cannot find any FCC regulations about tape editing.

Although this is as close as I could get.

Adoption Of Standards Designed To Eliminate Deceptive Advertising From Television (Petition Of Tube (Termination Of Unfair Broadcasting Excesses)) 32 FCC 2d 360 (1971)

I know. I'm still going to see what I can come up with. I've crawled thru the rules before and couldn't come up with anything.

But where there is a will there is a way.

All of the mainstream news reported it pretty much the same way.
They all reported that the people threw the barricades at the White House, they all said it was organized by the Tea Party rather than a Veterans Organization, they all used the race card and zeroed in on the one person with a Confederate flag and they all said that the protesters were pushing the police when it was the other way around.

We are trying to get you all to see that the mainstream media report things that favor the Democratic Party. They are manipulating Americans opinions and they are not telling the truth when they report.

They all reported that the people threw the barricades at the White House, they all said it was organized by the Tea Party rather than a Veterans Organization, they all used the race card and zeroed in on the one person with a Confederate flag and they all said that the protesters were pushing the police when it was the other way around.

We are trying to get you all to see that the mainstream media report things that favor the Democratic Party. They are manipulating Americans opinions and they are not telling the truth when they report.

And you think dimocraps care?

:lmao:

Okay...for anyone wanting to watch the full unedited seven and half minute segment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veWshb2DrgQ]Rachel Maddow - Advocates of shutdown upset over consequences - YouTube[/ame]

A few points here:

1. The "info wars" video is misleading saying it wasn't a Tea Party rally...there were "don't tread on me" flags everywhere and Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz, and Mike Lee were all there giving speeches. Not "all" of the Vets were part of the same rally..but there DEFINATELY was a tea party rally. There was even another speech about "Obama needs to put down the Quran and come out with his hands up"

2. "Hurled the barricades at the white house" was a quick, one sentence remark that lasted about 4 seconds...the info wars video goes on about it like it was a major talking point, it wasn't.

3. At the rally that MSNBC covers, of course there is going to be black vets in the area...that doesn't mean they are part of the rally that MSNBC is covering with Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz.

4. Once again, the only real point is her saying the protesters "hurled the barricades at the white house" when they clearly didn't. However, she does somewhat correct herself the second after, correctly saying "hurled them on the white house lawn"

Last edited:

And you think dimocraps care?

:lmao:

Hell NO!!!!!!

The video doesn't back up any of your claims, nor does it show a clear editing by a news media agency with the clear intent to mislead.

Keep in mind, the MSNBC night time shows are like Fox -- clearly biased editorial. Like Michael Moore and Fox, they will show you want they want to show to back up their narrative.

Both Fox and MSNBC are bias "news" sources.

I have a question: Why did no one at the rally grab the Confederate Flag guy and drag him away? You know, them being "Patriots" and all, you'd think just one fucking person there, one VET would be offended by a jackass holding up a Confederate Flag outside the WH of our nation's first Black President.

In other words -- Why don't you police your own people? -- Why do you let that shit stand?

Nothing edited here, and check out the thread on this topic in the tea party forum. A nonpartisan group held the rally, but a bunch of teabagger goons hijacked it causing damage to public property, showing hatefilled signs, and even one was arrested for having a gun.

Damage to public property? What damage, moving the barrycades?

Forum List

Back