MSNBC Host Snaps in Heated Segment: ‘What in the World Is Riskier Than Being a Poor P

Not geared towards the wealthy? OK, blind woman....I'm not going to argue with you....it's the equivalent of beating my head against a wall, and I don't feel like it. But if being poor is so great, with all of those freebies just waiting to be grabbed.....Why are you and I working? After all, those poor people are just living the life of Riley, right?

Lastly....who's deifying working people? All I'm asking for is a fair day's pay for a fair day's work. If a working adult can't afford to live in our country while working full time.....that's not a fair day's pay.

“What is riskier than living poor in America? Seriously! What in the world is riskier than being a poor person in America? I live in a neighborhood where people are shot on my street corner. I live in a neighborhood where people have to figure out how to get their kid into school because maybe it will be a good school and maybe it won’t. I am sick of the idea that being wealthy is risky. No! …Being poor is what is risky!

Agreed.

The risk that my wife or myself will get shot dropped dramatically when we started making more money. We were able to move to a better neighborhood. In fact - the main reason we want more money than what we have is to lower our risk.

The only thing in the world riskier then being poor in America, is being poor anywhere else.

MSNBC Host Snaps in Heated Segment: ‘What in the World Is Riskier Than Being a Poor Person in America?’

MSNBC Host Melissa Harris-Perry: What is Riskier Than Being a Poor Person in America? | Video | TheBlaze.com

“What is riskier than living poor in America? Seriously! What in the world is riskier than being a poor person in America? I live in a neighborhood where people are shot on my street corner. I live in a neighborhood where people have to figure out how to get their kid into school because maybe it will be a good school and maybe it won’t. I am sick of the idea that being wealthy is risky. No! …Being poor is what is risky!
What an idiot.....BTW, unless MSNBC is paying the lowest salaries in television Harris-Perry is full of shit. No way she lives in such a neighborhood.
She would never last a day in the real world. She has no understanding of it.
She operates in the sheltered universe of 30 Rockefeller Plaza...She knows nothing of what she shrieks. She is an angry reactionary racist lib with an ax to grind.
Screw her. She's a flyspeck and most likely a soon to be a victim of shitty ratings.

Maybe she does, I doubt it, but reportidly there have been two shooting within blocks of Obama's Chicago home.

Agreed.

The risk that my wife or myself will get shot dropped dramatically when we started making more money. We were able to move to a better neighborhood. In fact - the main reason we want more money than what we have is to lower our risk.

Greedy bastard, you should have stayed and redistributed your wealth with those less fortunate then yourself. What right do you have to keep what you earned?

Agreed.

Greedy bastard, you should have stayed and redistributed your wealth with those less fortunate then yourself. What right do you have to keep what you earned?

What right does he have to live in a neighborhood that has less crime??

Is he advocating that people that don't make a lot of money commit more crimes and congregate together?? Why isn't he helping them, oh that's right it's the government's job, he shouldn't be bothered with such trivial nonsense. :badgrin:

Not geared towards the wealthy? OK, blind woman....I'm not going to argue with you....it's the equivalent of beating my head against a wall, and I don't feel like it. But if being poor is so great, with all of those freebies just waiting to be grabbed.....Why are you and I working? After all, those poor people are just living the life of Riley, right?

Lastly....who's deifying working people? All I'm asking for is a fair day's pay for a fair day's work. If a working adult can't afford to live in our country while working full time.....that's not a fair day's pay.

Well that is about ambition, and that's what the welfare state takes away, your ambition. Sure to most folks it sucks, but why do people stay on it for decades? They dont have to do shit and they get enough to meet their needs, since they've never had more, they dont know about it and dont care, because working folks are suckers.

A working adult can live in our country if he's working full time.

He can't afford to support 15 people on one full time, min wage job, however. For that he needs to work more than one job or draft family members into the workforce.

Tragic!

Agreed.

I pay my taxes.

Agreed.

What right does he have to live in a neighborhood that has less crime??

Is he advocating that people that don't make a lot of money commit more crimes and congregate together?? Why isn't he helping them, oh that's right it's the government's job, he shouldn't be bothered with such trivial nonsense. :badgrin:

Why aren't you?

A working adult can live in our country if he's working full time.

He can't afford to support 15 people on one full time, min wage job, however. For that he needs to work more than one job or draft family members into the workforce.

Tragic!

Awesome. So we can afford survive - but not pro-create - in America. That's great. Wonder how long that will get us.

That's why you put off having sex until you can adequately support a family.

It's amazing how well that works.

The only thing in the world riskier then being poor in America, is being poor anywhere else.

MSNBC Host Snaps in Heated Segment: ‘What in the World Is Riskier Than Being a Poor Person in America?’

MSNBC Host Melissa Harris-Perry: What is Riskier Than Being a Poor Person in America? | Video | TheBlaze.com

Guess she has little conception of the fact that there actually is a world outside the US.

Guess she has little conception of the fact that there actually is a world outside the US.

Funny...we don't live outside the US....the strawman rears it's ugly head again.

What an idiot.....BTW, unless MSNBC is paying the lowest salaries in television Harris-Perry is full of shit. No way she lives in such a neighborhood.
She would never last a day in the real world. She has no understanding of it.
She operates in the sheltered universe of 30 Rockefeller Plaza...She knows nothing of what she shrieks. She is an angry reactionary racist lib with an ax to grind.
Screw her. She's a flyspeck and most likely a soon to be a victim of shitty ratings.

You remain an ignorant moron.

She currently lives in New Orleans and is married to James Perry,[2] who was a 2010 candidate for mayor in New Orleans.[4] Two days after the seventh anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, Harris-Perry tweeted that the abandoned house in the 7th ward that she and her husband had bought and were restoring was destroyed during Hurricane Isaac.[11]​

One would think that Google would not be too much of a challenge to you. Live and learn.
No asshat. She stated that she LIVES...not lived...on a street where people get shot.
You lefties are so easy.
Oh, BTW there was NO structural damage to any home or building INSIDE the city limits of New Orleans that was attributed to Hurricane Isaac.
Obama praises rescuers in storm-hit Louisiana - CNN.com.
This is 30 miles from NO...
A tweet? I could tweet that my dog was speaking English. Doesn't make it true.
Harris -Perry is full of shit. She lost her composure and made false statements fed by her anger. Angry at what, I have no idea. Maybe MSNBC is paying her enough or she is just feeling ignored. Poor ratings will do that to tv people.

Funny...we don't live outside the US....the strawman rears it's ugly head again.

yinzer still does not understand perspective

I knew that chick was so stressed out but hid it she seemed frustrated with us non Marxist thinkers. :lol: :lol: poor Melissa doesn't get it ever

Last edited:

Oh please...The pay is dictated by the marketplace, type of work difficulty of work, experience required for the work, number of people qualified to do the work, cost of labor for a particular type of work and technological expertise required to do the work.
Not some magical " I want more money" scenario...
In other words if a person works full time at a convenience store, he or she will not make the same money as a skilled tradesman or an engineer.
Some jobs pay less while others pay more. It's that simple.
Do you really think the cleaning lady should make $75K per year? Really? Who is going to hire a housekeeper to come and clean if it costs over $400 to dust and vacuum? Nobody.

Forum List

Back