MSNBC Panel: Little Hope’ Zimmerman Will Be Convi

Preface: No one knows exactly how this went down except Zimmerman and Martin. And only one of them is talking. So I'm content to let the jury decide this one.

MHO: Zimmerman is a hot-headed, cop wannabe who carried a gun when he was told not to and who kept following Martin after being told not to. Martin was a tough-guy wannabe who was eager to show he wasn't going to get pushed around or intimidated.

Bad recipe - especially given Florida's "hold your ground" law.

IMHO this is kinda like Florida's election screw up in 2000. Plenty of blame all around.

It's all over, folks.

MSNBC Panel Concedes Prosecution?s Case Is Weak, ?Little Hope? Zimmerman Will Be Convicted | Mediaite

During MSNBC’s Martin Bashir on Tuesday, the entire panel of contributors and guests conceded that the prosecution has done a poor job of framing George Zimmerman as being guilty of second degree murder when he shot and killed Tryavon Martin in 2012. One guest noted that, given the weakness of the evidence presented against Zimmerman thus far, the state would likely be wrapping up the prosecution phase soon.​

How ironic that such a Fruedian slip would happen when MSNBC chose "Frame" to describe the case.

That is just your opinion, I believe there is a mountain of evidence to show Zimmerman's use of force was unreasonable.

Haven't seen it yet.

Trayvan was feeling Zimmerman up. Frisking him after beating him nearly senseless. Zimmerman realized that Trayvan had felt his gun and was going for it. What choice did he have but to get it first and shoot him?

The judge should bang his gavel and say: "I've heard enough....there is no evidence supporting these charges and this case is DISmissed". And Zimmy should head to the whitest place on the planet...Sweden maybe.
ph34r_zpscc1df1bc.png

Show me any evidence Zimmerman was being beat. And you have to have a reasonable fear of death or great bodily injury,which Zimmerman did not....

You don't have to be near death to feel your life is threatened.

You have to have a reasonable fear which Zimmerman did not...

Unless you can read Zimmerman's mind, you don't have a clue as to how much fear Zimmerman had, or whether he did, or did not, believe his life was in danger. The state has a responsibility to prove that Zimmerman could not have reasonably believed he was in imminent threat of death or great bodily injury.

If Martin did say something to the effect that Zimmerman was going to die that night, then Zimmerman had the right to believe that he was in imminent threat of death or great bodily harm. So far, the state has failed to prove that Martin did not say that, and the state has failed to prove that Martin's actions belied that statement. The state has not, in any material manner, destroyed the self defense legal defense to taking Maritin's life.

See this guy?

6a00d8341c730253ef011571a16551970b-800wi

He was beat up. This is what getting beat up looks like. This guy is, as you all can see, in a hospital bed.

Zimmerman barely received a band-aid much less hospitalization. And the altercation he claims was life threatening was less than 3 minutes and Martin was unarmed.

Put some perspective into this and less speculation.

The law in Florida is what we rely on to determine whether Zimmerman committed a crime, or did not commit a crime. Self defense is a legal defense for an assualt, and is based on what a reasonable person could believe to be true. If an assualt victime could reasonably believe that he was in immediate danger of death or serious bodily harm, then self defense allows him to use deadly force to protect himself.

Zimmerman has raised self defense as a legal defense in the killing of Martin, and it is the duty of the state to prove, beyond any reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman could not have reasonably believed that he was in imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm.

So far, the state has failed to produce any evidence that would demonstrate that Zimmerman could not have reasonably believed that he was facing death or serious bodily harm. This case should have never been brought to trial.

That's your opinion, there is a lot of evidence to show Zimmerman was unreasonable.

What evidence shows that Zimmerman's belief was unreasonable?

Q: How come some folks are so desperate to see Zimmerman walk and others are so eager to see him fry?

A: This is just one more opportunity to grind their political ax.

A criminal case is not the place for political ax grinding.

See this guy?

6a00d8341c730253ef011571a16551970b-800wi

He was beat up. This is what getting beat up looks like. This guy is, as you all can see, in a hospital bed.

Zimmerman barely received a band-aid much less hospitalization. And the altercation he claims was life threatening was less than 3 minutes and Martin was unarmed.

Put some perspective into this and less speculation.

I believe there is a mountain of evidence to show Zimmerman's use of force was unreasonable.

Well, so far your belief hasn't materialized. Hell, if I were the defense, I'd just rest.. the prosecution's case is just that weak and their witnesses even weaker.

:lol:

The judge should bang his gavel and say: "I've heard enough....there is no evidence supporting these charges and this case is DISmissed". And Zimmy should head to the whitest place on the planet...Sweden maybe.
ph34r_zpscc1df1bc.png

How would he be a wannabe cop hero saving the world from black criminals if he is living in an all white society?

You still don't understand the issue, do you? The extent of injuries is not relevant here.

Yeah.

They are.

They were admitted as evidence yesterday.

Got it?

They were admitted only to demonstrate the fact that Zimmerman was being assaulted.

Well no they weren't.

And in fact, the prosecution showed there may have been no more than 6 blows in the fight which caused injuries that were so insignificant they only required peroxide and two small bandages.

Forum List

Back