Why Florida Persists in the Zimmerman Prosecution

1. Zimmerman's Gun was infact ILLEGAL because he was a convicted felon.

2. Trayvon Martin DID NOT provoke Zimmerman to pursue him. Zimmerman did that on his own motivation, taking his illegally possessed weapon with him.

Stand-your-ground law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, lets asses the situation.

Zimmerman followed and possibly confronted him. Trayvon had the right to stand his ground until an officer arrived to trespass him after/without verbal confrontation WITHOUT THE ILLEGAL GUN.

Instead, things escalated. Both could have been charged with assault (It doesn't matter who the aggressor is. If they both duke it out without taking an opportunity to retreat, it's mutual assault)

Things were escalated further when the illegal weapon was brought into the conflict.

Zimmerman shot and killed Martin. Stand your ground or not, the weapon was illegally in the possesion of Zimmerman because it was unregistered, unlicensed, and because he was a convicted felon. Therefore, it is illegal use which does not fall under the stand your ground law.
What does it mean since the Stand your ground law doesn't apply? It means that he committed murder.

You might have a point if you didn't have to lie about the facts as told by the credible eye witnesses.

1. Was zimmerman's weapon not illegal?

2. Did martin give probable cause to zimmerman to pursue him, besides because he existed?

The legality or illegality of possession of the gun is not determinative of guilt or innocence in the use of the gun. It might be a separate charge, but not connected with the use of the gun.

It's called self defense. Trayvon was beating Zimmerman into a pulp and he learned a valuable lesson.

Don't beat the shit out of someone who might have a gun. You could die.

Zimmerman was the aggressor, and TM was "standing his ground" against an armed man. TM had every right to defend himself. It's Zimmerman's fault that he was getting his butt kicked, although I believe Zimmerman purposefully allowed himself to be hit so he'd have a ready-made excuse to murder Trayvon.

Dear Conservatives, call the cops when a crime is committed, not when you see a black kid you've never seen before walking down the street. Otherwise, you'll end up in jail and on trial, like 30 year old community college student loserboy Zimmerman is.

Well of course you believe that Zimmerman framed TM. You have all that evidence to go on.

Please just remember that being a black kid walking down the street is not a crime, even if you've never seen the black kid before. If he looks suspicious to you, that's your racism at work, and not a matter for the police to get involved in.

Sorry, but you can't shoot unarmed people and get away with it scot free. I know this upsets alot of conservatives, who want the right to call the cops on and then shoot black teen males with impunity. But we're not gonna live in that kind of America.

It's called self defense. Trayvon was beating Zimmerman into a pulp and he learned a valuable lesson.

Zimmerman was the aggressor, and TM was "standing his ground" against an armed man. TM had every right to defend himself. It's Zimmerman's fault that he was getting his butt kicked, although I believe Zimmerman purposefully allowed himself to be hit so he'd have a ready-made excuse to murder Trayvon.

Dear Conservatives, call the cops when a crime is committed, not when you see a black kid you've never seen before walking down the street. Otherwise, you'll end up in jail and on trial, like 30 year old community college student loserboy Zimmerman is.

Lying again are you?

911 call. Zimmerman stopped following Trayvon. v Zimmerman there on the tape. So when you continue your lying, ever post you make is a fabrication.

And now with this last hit you've made I think your thread should go into the Conspiracy forum.

Lying again are you?

911 call. Zimmerman stopped following Trayvon. v Zimmerman there on the tape. So when you continue your lying, ever post you make is a fabrication.

And now with this last hit you've made I think your thread should go into the Conspiracy forum.

I've read your post three times, and can't make sense of it. You're a poor writer, and I look down on you.

Let's take this post.

Trayvon Martin was defending himself against an armed man. This is the fool Velvetacheeze.

Martin did not know Zimmerman had a gun. :) He received an "awakening" so to speak.

If I was a judge, I'd throw this case out. Shouldn't even go to trial. Zimmerman was obviously defending himself, according to witnesses.. He suffered a broken nose.

I'm not a big fan of wannabee policemen, but Martin could have talked his way out of the situation instead of attacking the man like an animal.

Zimmerman made several mistakes that night, and he's on trial for the murder those mistakes led to. If he's innocent, he'll walk. If not, then not. He only has himself to blame either way.

Lying again are you?

I've read your post three times, and can't make sense of it. You're a poor writer, and I look down on you.

If you cannot understand a simple statement it means you have no grasp on reality. Let me put it in crayon for you.

Zimmerman stopped following Martin. The 911 call confirms this.

All your theories are bullshit.

Lying again are you?

If you cannot understand a simple statement it means you have no grasp on reality. Let me put it in crayon for you.

No he didn't stop following him. That's what he says. That doesn't mean he isn't lying. And there was no call to 911 either. He just called the regular police dept phone number, which was the right thing to do, since 911 is for emergencies and black kids walking down the street isn't an emergency. In fact, no call to the police was needed at all for what Martin was doing. Zimmerman should have just let him continue on his way.

Let's take this post.

Trayvon Martin was defending himself against an armed man. This is the fool Velvetacheeze.

Martin did not know Zimmerman had a gun. :) He received an "awakening" so to speak.

Zimmerman is a cop wannabe hothead, who knew the police were on their way, and decided to be the big hero by physically confronting TM. He was entirely the aggressor. Too bad he just didn't let TM continue. What would have been wrong about just letting TM go about his business?

No he didn't stop following him. That's what he says. That doesn't mean he isn't lying. And there was no call to 911 either. He just called the regular police dept phone number, which was the right thing to do, since 911 is for emergencies and black kids walking down the street isn't an emergency. In fact, no call to the police was needed at all for what Martin was doing. Zimmerman should have just let him continue on his way.

You have no evidence showing that Zimmerman continued to follow TM. Saying it does not make it true.

You have no evidence showing that Zimmerman continued to follow TM. Saying it does not make it true.

TM's murdered corpse is the evidence.

This is a learning moment for all conservatives: Call the police when crimes are committed, and black kids you've never seen before, walking down the street, are not committing crimes. You're welcome.

Some thoughts on the issue:

TM was a minor; GZ is an adult;

TM was not armed with a deadly weapon, GZ was.

GZ was told by dispatch not to intervene.

Somehow, a fight ensued.

During the fight the adult shot and killed the minor.,

The adult is white, the deceased was black and the issue of who is right and who is wrong should have nothing to do with the color/race of the principles.

If GZ was black and TM white those who want to let GZ go would be calling for his death. I believe that with all my heart.

Somehow, a fight ensued.

The adult is white, the deceased was black and the issue of who is right and who is wrong should have nothing to do with the color/race of the principles.

If GZ was black and TM white those who want to let GZ go would be calling for his death. I believe that with all my heart.

No one is wanting anyone to be "let go". There is a law regarding this incident. People want the law to be followed. If we don't follow laws we have anarchy.

I think a reasonable person might infer that GZ continued to 'dog' TM. I suggest this because GZ did not leave the scene, was armed and felt secure because he had a gun, believed his position as a volunteer gave him both probable cause and no reason has been put forward to suggest a crime was in progress or imminent beyond the color to TM's skin.

Zimmerman went back to his car. This is documented.
He stopped tailing the kid when the 911 operator asked him to

Gave 911 the location of his car and headed towards it before Trayvon hit him from behind, attacked him and came so close to killing him before was forced to shoot him.

Lying again are you?

Then, you're reading skills are suspect, probably because you are a victim of public education.

Lying again are you?

Then, you're reading skills are suspect, probably because you are a victim of public education.

The post is incomprehensible. Don't make yourself look stupid by defending it It starts with "911 call." This is not a sentence. It's purpose for being there is unclear. The post gets worse. "Zimmerman stopped following Trayvon. v Zimmerman there on the tape." Is this one or two sentences? Is "v" a word? I'm baffled as to what this means. It's weird. Then we have this error-filled, stupid sentence: " So when you continue your lying, ever post you make is a fabrication." Did this mouth-breathing dolt mean to write "every" instead of "ever"? If so, it makes a bit more sense, but not much. The clause at the beginning of the sentence doesn't really have much of connection to the other clause. I'd really appreciate a translation of the post. Since I'm not fluent in hillbilly talk, or whatever down market, low-born dialect the post was written in, I could use some help.

Somehow, a fight ensued.

No one is wanting anyone to be "let go". There is a law regarding this incident. People want the law to be followed. If we don't follow laws we have anarchy.

Tons of people on the political right want Zimmerman to be let go. The Right Wing believes that calling the cops on black kids is understandable and reasonable, and that Zimmerman was right to follow Martin and suspect him for being a criminal.

The Right is scared that they too will not be able to call the cops on black kids and then shoot them after picking a fight , if Zimmerman goes to prison.

The post is incomprehensible. Don't make yourself look stupid by defending it It starts with "911 call." This is not a sentence. It's purpose for being there is unclear. The post gets worse. "Zimmerman stopped following Trayvon. v Zimmerman there on the tape." Is this one or two sentences? Is "v" a word? I'm baffled as to what this means. It's weird. Then we have this error-filled, stupid sentence: " So when you continue your lying, ever post you make is a fabrication." Did this mouth-breathing dolt mean to write "every" instead of "ever"? If so, it makes a bit more sense, but not much. The clause at the beginning of the sentence doesn't really have much of connection to the other clause. I'd really appreciate a translation of the post. Since I'm not fluent in hillbilly talk, or whatever down market, low-born dialect the post was written in, I could use some help.

English, French (quebecois) some German and some spanish fluent in vocabulary not so much on the grammar for german and spanish.

Do you want me to post in English or French? I can do both.

Somehow, a fight ensued.

Tons of people on the political right want Zimmerman to be let go. The Right Wing believes that calling the cops on black kids is understandable and reasonable, and that Zimmerman was right to follow Martin and suspect him for being a criminal.

The Right is scared that they too will not be able to call the cops on black kids and then shoot them after picking a fight , if Zimmerman goes to prison.

Now which language do you want me to call you a liar in?

Your choice.

Forum List

Back