MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

Why did you have kids?

And then tell me how that's not self centered...

:lol:

The fact that you would ask that question more than proves everything I've been saying about you. Everyone who has kids (and those who don't, if they are simply normal human beings) can immediately see from your question and the motivation behind it, what a cartoonishly self-absorbed asshole you are.

Still not answering huh?

I have have been asked hundreds of times why I don't want kids and whenever I ask someone why they want kids they never seem to answer me.

Answer the question. Your continual dodges are becoming tedious.

Your entire premise is build around the idea that MSNBC is actively attempting to pursue an actual agenda with those ads - which is nonsense.

MSNBC doesn't care about anything other than it's ratings. The ad is to attract viewers, not to push an agenda.

It IS nothing more than a soundbite.

In order for a "product" to be successful, it needs to have a "target audience."

MSNBC is for Democrats/Progressives/Communists

Fox News is for Republicans/Fake-Conservatives(Closet Progressives)/Fascists

CNN is for "Moderates/Swing Voters" in other words, people who are too confused and ignorant to make up their own minds, and would rather know about Justin Beiber's latest fist fight with a bouncer.

John Stewart is for Democrat-Libertarians/Moderate Democrats

Jay Leno is for older audiences (although I've always personally enjoyed him even when I was young).

You get it bro? In this ad, they are appealing to their Communist followers (especially those who don't know they are Communist at heart)

Communists? Delusional.

Why did you have kids?

And then tell me how that's not self centered...

The fact that you would ask that question more than proves everything I've been saying about you. Everyone who has kids (and those who don't, if they are simply normal human beings) can immediately see from your question and the motivation behind it, what a cartoonishly self-absorbed asshole you are.

Still not answering huh?

I have have been asked hundreds of times why I don't want kids and whenever I ask someone why they want kids they never seem to answer me.

I wish more people would realize thay don't want kids rather than have them because others expect them to

Still not answering huh?

I wish more people would realize thay don't want kids rather than have them because others expect them to

In my experience most people have kids because it's what their "supposed" to do and absolutely no thought goes into the decision.

Those are the people who say the question. "Why do you want children?" is a stupid one.

Why people want children doesn't need a logical reason. It is a biological imperative. Why do career women wake up one day at a "certain age" and suddenly feel they must have a baby? Their clock is ticking. It was once thought that only female biology led to a desire for children. Now we know that men want children just as much, if not more than women.

Why people want children doesn't need a logical reason. It is a biological imperative. Why do career women wake up one day at a "certain age" and suddenly feel they must have a baby? Their clock is ticking. It was once thought that only female biology led to a desire for children. Now we know that men want children just as much, if not more than women.

It's obviously not an imperative since more and more people are choosing not to have kids.

And I like to think that we are a little more removed from our baser instincts than a dog in heat.

Where did anyone say parents have to defer to the collectiveness of the community?

In your hysteria do you just make shit up or are you just that fucking stupid?

Here's the quote from the video you should have heard if you had listened to it:

"We never had a collective notion that these are OUR children.

So part of it is that we have to break through our private idea that kids belong to their parents, or that kids belong to their families.

We must recognize that kids belong to the WHOLE COMMUNITY"

Maybe if you actually paid attention and LISTENED to what she was saying instead of rationalizing it away or glossing over it, then you might understand. Maybe you have poor communication skills, I don't know.

Do you actually have comprehension problems?

Where does it say parents have to defer to anyone? Saying that communities must collectively look after it's children in no way infers they are in any way usurping parental rights

You can't really be this stupid can you? Do you get your marching orders from Limbaugh?

It says it right there. She says they are "OUR" children. "We MUST recognize that kids BELONG to the whole community". You're the one with the comprehension problem. You're attempting to force your opinion that the words she is using mean LESS than what they actually mean. Maybe it takes a village to explain it to you. You keep trying to water it down, but it's cut and dried.

I disliked the egotistical Limbaugh from the moment he had his FIRST TV show back in the 90's. You have the same attitude as him. You think your opinion can be the only legitimate one. If you have any documents/papers that this woman has written that show she actually means less than what she clearly indicated here, feel free to provide them.

Still not answering huh?

In my experience most people have kids because it's what their "supposed" to do and absolutely no thought goes into the decision.

Those are the people who say the question. "Why do you want children?" is a stupid one.

I have met many people who, even though they want to have kids have no business being parents

Here's the quote from the video you should have heard if you had listened to it:

"We never had a collective notion that these are OUR children.

So part of it is that we have to break through our private idea that kids belong to their parents, or that kids belong to their families.

We must recognize that kids belong to the WHOLE COMMUNITY"

Maybe if you actually paid attention and LISTENED to what she was saying instead of rationalizing it away or glossing over it, then you might understand. Maybe you have poor communication skills, I don't know.

Do you actually have comprehension problems?

Where does it say parents have to defer to anyone? Saying that communities must collectively look after it's children in no way infers they are in any way usurping parental rights

You can't really be this stupid can you? Do you get your marching orders from Limbaugh?

It says it right there. She says they are "OUR" children. "We MUST recognize that kids BELONG to the whole community". You're the one with the comprehension problem. You're attempting to force your opinion that the words she is using mean LESS than what they actually mean. Maybe it takes a village to explain it to you. You keep trying to water it down, but it's cut and dried.

I disliked the egotistical Limbaugh from the moment he had his FIRST TV show back in the 90's. You have the same attitude as him. You think your opinion can be the only legitimate one. If you have any documents/papers that this woman has written that show she actually means less than what she clearly indicated here, feel free to provide them.

Again I ask you to point out where she says anything about you deferring to your community on how to raise your children

Why do you just make shit up?

BS. Your lack of understanding of women is only trumped by your understanding of the world. Leaving a lot to be desired.

It's obviously not an imperative since more and more people are choosing not to have kids.

And I like to think that we are a little more removed from our baser instincts than a dog in heat.

You are aware that people really do consider themselves nothing more than dogs in heat as we are daily told that human beings have no control over their desire to have sex and such promiscuity must be made safe. The majority belief today is that humans are no better than animals in heat.

It isn't so much that more and more people are choosing not to have kids. It's that they are choosing to have kids later in life. More people, married and single, adopt children rather than choose not to have them at all. There are more couples plagued by infertility than those who choose not to have children at all.

A biological imperative isn't universal. The first biological imperative is preservation of the self, the second is preservation of the species. Yet we have people committing suicide every day. It doesn't mean that the imperative of preservation of the self doesn't exist.

You are aware that people really do consider themselves nothing more than dogs in heat as we are daily told that human beings have no control over their desire to have sex and such promiscuity must be made safe. The majority belief today is that humans are no better than animals in heat.

It isn't so much that more and more people are choosing not to have kids. It's that they are choosing to have kids later in life. More people, married and single, adopt children rather than choose not to have them at all. There are more couples plagued by infertility than those who choose not to have children at all.

A biological imperative isn't universal. The first biological imperative is preservation of the self, the second is preservation of the species. Yet we have people committing suicide every day. It doesn't mean that the imperative of preservation of the self doesn't exist.

Again most people won't answer that question because they realize they put absolutely no thought into the decision.

And I shouldn't call people sheep. I should call them dogs instead.

No I can't insult dogs like that. So sheep it is.

BS. Your lack of understanding of women is only trumped by your understanding of the world. Leaving a lot to be desired.

Typical leftist. Ignore the issue and substitute whatever you want.

If we really "cared" about our kids, we'd put higher expectations on them and much higher expectations on their parents. As a culture.

The community is very important, but it's secondary.

But not enough people are willing to do the heavy lifting. "Let someone else" do it. The Collective.

If you haven't seen this new commercial from MSNBC, then you must watch it now.

In a new Lean Forward ad, Melissa Harris-Perry tells you that your kids don't belong to you, but they belong to the community. Ridiculous.

See the video at Cameron Harris: MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

Seven hundred posts on a station promo? Really? Obsess much?

It is a promo by the way, not an "ad"... it's an actuality designed to promote one of the on-air talent.

Seven hundred posts on that huh?
:cuckoo:

Last edited:

I'm sorry but my comments were not typical, nor leftist. Who are you to suggest that for women, having babies is a biological imperative, when many choose not to have them?
You don't know, for a fact, that "career women" wake up and suddenly feel they must have a baby. Probably, some do, but to make a sweeping assumption like that about all career women is wrong. You couldn't possibly know that. And men, like most male animals, are inclined to pass their seed along, in as many instances as possible, and move on. Reality bears this out.

Again most people won't answer that question because they realize they put absolutely no thought into the decision.

Dogs are extremely intelligent. A female dog who isn't in heat will sit down when a male tries to hump her. A human female is expected to, and expects herself to, lay down and spread her legs.

Dogs are extremely intelligent. A female dog who isn't in heat will sit down when a male tries to hump her. A human female is expected to, and expects herself to, lay down and spread her legs.

BS. Where are you getting this nonsense from?

Yes MSNBC is completely impartial... I suppose you fell the same way about FOX news as well??

I didn't say anything about MSNBC being "impartial". I said all they care about it is money.

And yes, I say exactly the same about FOX.

Your entire premise is build around the idea that MSNBC is actively attempting to pursue an actual agenda with those ads - which is nonsense.

MSNBC doesn't care about anything other than it's ratings. The ad is to attract viewers, not to push an agenda.

Your words above... Uh yeah ya did...:cuckoo:

I'm sorry but my comments were not typical, nor leftist. Who are you to suggest that for women, having babies is a biological imperative, when many choose not to have them?
You don't know, for a fact, that "career women" wake up and suddenly feel they must have a baby. Probably, some do, but to make a sweeping assumption like that about all career women is wrong. You couldn't possibly know that. And men, like most male animals, are inclined to pass their seed along, in as many instances as possible, and move on. Reality bears this out.

I cannot answer for your abysmal ignorance. Educate yourself first.

Forum List

Back