MSNBC's Crazy Chris Hayes: Trump’s Use Of ‘Strong On Crime’ Is A Racial Dog-Whistle

Chis Hayes is a very intelligent man or woman. Now I will read the article.

I seem to remember Clinton's promise to be "tough on crime" led to the U.S. having the world's largest prison system...

It wasn't until Hillary decided to run again for President that I first heard anyone complain about it or even suggest it was a racial thing...
You must not be Black or Mexican if this is the first time you have heard about it. Hell they have multiple books on the issue as well as documentaries.

Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

I seem to remember Clinton's promise to be "tough on crime" led to the U.S. having the world's largest prison system...

It wasn't until Hillary decided to run again for President that I first heard anyone complain about it or even suggest it was a racial thing...
You must not be Black or Mexican if this is the first time you have heard about it. Hell they have multiple books on the issue as well as documentaries.

Uh, yeah, not Mexican or Black, but very well aware...

You so obviously missed the intention of my post...

I was referring to the term "tough on crime" or "strong on crime" being a racist code phrase, as is being claimed by Chris Hayes..

I suggest you listen to any hip hop from the day hip hop was invented to find complaint about the justice system and their "tough on crime" dog whistle.

"Not being aware" isnt an excuse, reason or defense.

Uh, yeah, not Mexican or Black, but very well aware...

You so obviously missed the intention of my post...

I was referring to the term "tough on crime" or "strong on crime" being a racist code phrase, as is being claimed by Chris Hayes..
That phrase was one of the tenets the Southern Strategy. Along with "the war on drugs.". It was dog whistle politics playing into whites fear that Blacks now free of legally imposed oppression, would overcome them in a wild frenzy of crime. Hippies were also seen as a threat and co conspirators of Black movements.

Forum List

Back