MTG Congressional Debate

Also since we're here.
The Party Guys

Yes in this case its Confederacy bad, Union Good. This is not hard to figure out, unless you're morally bankrupt.

Yep. you're an idiot.

Try, Union Bad, Confederacy worse.

However, those are governments. You are defaming the Confederate soldiers, who fought for their homes. Oh I know, you think every hated white devil had slaves who were secretly physicists thwarted from creating Wakanda and saving the universe because of the hated whites.

But then, you're an idiot.

Also since we're here.
The Party Guys

Yes in this case its Confederacy bad, Union Good. This is not hard to figure out, unless you're morally bankrupt.
Confederacy fought for eliminating oppression by the fed. A rerun of the revolutionary war. They seceded. They did not attack the north.
The north considered slaves as inferior people and wanted nothing to do with them upon emancipation. So much for your morality argument.

Lets unpack that. What was bad about the Union? Why is a Republican saying there was anything bad about the Union?

I am confused. Who do you think was fighting for the Union, the Chinese Revolutionary Guard. They didn't call themselves the Irish Brigade because they were Cuban...

We I'd accept that as a given.

Try again, in English this time, please!

Fort Sumter.
Also what oppression? Boring food?

Morality of 1) keeping the union together; and 2) not enslaving an entire people and condemning them to torture, rape, and murder...forever.
Fort sumter was a result of northern aggression. They refused to leave a location that had been established as part of a new union.
You parrot the usual bullshit about torture, rape and murder. It’s hard to make a machine operate properly if you beat on it with a sledge hammer.
Slavery would likely have become totally obsolete within a decade or two due to industrialization.
You’re just another democrat Marxist-dupe history revisionist.

Fort Sumter was US property. They tried to kill American soldiers to get it back. You know like the Japanese did at Pearl Harbor. Worked out about the same.

Are you arguing slaves weren't raped, tortured, and murdered?

But it wasn't with the Cotton Gin. They went to war to keep. They killed hundreds of thousands of American troops to keep it.

Is that what you call a person who actually reads history? ok. No revisionism. The CSA was a slavery hellhole. The Union were the good guys. You're the history revisionist marxist, you wacky scamp you.

And she was too ignorant to know which side the monument was for.
Sumter was no longer US property once the south seceded.
I didn’t say slaves weren’t mistreated. But the usual scam narrative is to suggest that that’s the way it was constantly. You can’t get someone to work for you if they’re dead or damaged.
The Union relegated blacks emmigrating to the north into segregated slums because they wanted no part of them.
There’s still lots of HBCU’s in the north.
Northern tariffs on traded goods hurt the southern economy and benefited the north. Kinda like a precursor to AGW bullshit.
You parrot demmunist revisionism. And you apply today’s standards to other eras out of convenience to a narrative. The only people who do that are either ignorant or nefarious.

US property is not subject to the state. it is Federal Property. Oopsie

Awful lot of light skinned blacks. Your defense of slavery is... unique. Come let me enslave you and your family forever.

And in the South they beat Emmitt TIll to death.

That wasn't cited in the state declarations of secession. Slavery was, in all of them if I recollect.

That makes no logical sense.

I am not the one trying to change history based on literally nothing.

No. I apply the law and Christianity. The CSA were the bad guys. They were the bad guys then (and why European nations respected the blockade) and they are bad guys now. The CSA had NO redeeming quality.

No, everyone who is not from bumfuck Klanland - aka the entire rest of the country thinks you're out of your damn minds.
Sumter was recognized by the south as confederate. The north initiated the war by not leaving what the confederates considered soverign territory. The north’s objective was to recoup the southern states. Slavery was a political angle. Emancipation didn’t happen until the war was more than a year old.
Very few southerners owned slaves. Soldiers fought for their states and sovereignty. States were very well-defined countries. You didn’t take a day trip in a car from DC to North Carolina. It was an excursion.
You continue to parrot the propaganda and demonize noble people because it fits a hateful demmunist narrative.

Yes and Poland was recognized by Nazi Germany as being German. It wasn't. It was Federal property and Federal property trumps state claims. Always.

Thats what the Japanese said too. The CSA fired on US property and troops first. They drew first blood.

Yes. And they did.

And it still happened. It was also the reason the CSA tried to bail. Its in their damn secession declarations.

Just the rich people who controlled the government.

Like the Nazis, they were the bad guys. We don't honor the Nazis.

Not per the Constitution that they signed.

Hello, what?

Its not propaganda. Its history. Only losers in bumfuck Mississippi and other Klan areas go on about the Lost Cause, like you're in some sort of fucked up time warp. Its 2022, not 1954.
You have the polish/nazi analogy flipped.
Again, you insist on applying today’s standards to another era. That’s dishonest.
The rich controlled the government, no different from now. But among those being controlled were the general population and their welfare was at stake. When their economy is assaulted they should resist.
What you are part of is history revision — devoid of context — for the purpose of usurping the culture and overthrowing the country. You’re a Marxist dupe.

How mygonst
He/she deleted the post, but thank goodness you captured it for posterity.

I have seen quite a few of the leftys on this board use slurs against gays, and women as attacks toward Republicans. Odd that they apparently use these derogatory words without even realizing it.

Lets unpack that. What was bad about the Union? Why is a Republican saying there was anything bad about the Union?

I'm curious, did you complete second grade, or just start it?

{
John Merryman, a state legislator from Maryland, is arrested for attempting to hinder Union troops from moving from Baltimore to Washington during the Civil War and is held at Fort McHenry by Union military officials. His attorney immediately sought a writ of habeas corpus so that a federal court could examine the charges. However, President Abraham Lincoln decided to suspend the right of habeas corpus, and the general in command of Fort McHenry refused to turn Merryman over to the authorities.

Federal judge Roger Taney, the chief justice of the Supreme Court (and also the author of the infamous Dred Scott decision), issued a ruling that President Lincoln did not have the authority to suspend habeas corpus. Lincoln didn’t respond, appeal, or order the release of Merryman. But during a July 4 speech, Lincoln was defiant, insisting that he needed to suspend the rules in order to put down the rebellion in the South.

Five years later, a new Supreme Court essentially backed Justice Taney’s ruling: In an unrelated case, the court held that only Congress could suspend habeas corpus and that civilians were not subject to military courts, even in times of war.

}

[f
Whereas there has been wickedly and traitorously printed and published this morning in the New York World and New York Journal of Commerce, newspapers printed and published in the city of New York, a false and spurious proclamation purporting to be signed by the President and to be countersigned by the Secretary of State, which publication is of a treasonable nature, designed to give aid and comfort to the enemies of the United States and to the rebels now at war against the Government and their aiders and abettors, you are therefore hereby commanded forthwith to arrest and imprison in any fort or military prison in your command the editors, proprietors, and publishers of the aforesaid newspapers, and all such persons as, after public notice has been given of the falsehood of said publication, print and publish the same with intent to give aid and comfort to the enemy; and you will hold the persons so arrested in close custody until they can be brought to trial before a military commission for their offense. You will also take possession by military force of the printing establishments of the New York World and Journal of Commerce, and hold the same until further orders, and prohibit any further publication therefrom.

A. LINCOLN.}

Wow, he kind of shit all over the constitution, didn't he?

Almost as bad as Quid Pro.

I am confused. Who do you think was fighting for the Union, the Chinese Revolutionary Guard. They didn't call themselves the Irish Brigade because they were Cuban...

We I'd accept that as a given.

I think you use too many drugs.

The Antebellum south was a tyrannically shithole. They were 100% democrat, which means they crushed property rights, crushed individual liberty.

That doesn't change the fact that Lincoln was a wanna be dictator.

Forum List

Back