Muhammed vs. Jesus

I think you're very confused, although in your mind you're right on. Yes, there is bad stuff in the bible. I don't know anyone who is advocating that we copy the bad stuff in the bible. Do you? I didn't think so.

We do, however, have an awful lot of muslims who are going around the world murdering people in the name of Allah.

You don't see it. I understand that. You want to think Islam is comparable to Christianity. Fine, go ahead. That's your right. But don't expect sane rational people who understand Christianity and Islam to go along with you.

So I will take your silence on the issue of Jesus referring to the Old Testament and Muhammend's quotes that my argument is correct. Sweet concession, Sis!

There have been horrendous crimes in the name of Christianity throughout history, just like there are horrendous crimes in the name of Islam today. You can't whitewash the crimes in the name of Christianity as being indicative of Christianity while condemning the crimes of Muslims as being indicative of Islam. At least you can't without being a hypocrite.

This isn't about Christianity v Islam. This is about modernization v barbarism. This is about history, culture and the advancements of societies.

You can take whatever you want and say whatever you want. Doesn't matter. If it makes you feel you have accomplished something then be my guest.

Christianity is not in the OT. You're very confused. I'm trying to help you, but I don't think you're going to get anything here. Islamic terrorism is the problem in the world today, not Christianity. No one is going to prevent you from living in your alternative universe. You have the right to be ignorant.

I think you're very confused, although in your mind you're right on. Yes, there is bad stuff in the bible. I don't know anyone who is advocating that we copy the bad stuff in the bible. Do you? I didn't think so.

We do, however, have an awful lot of muslims who are going around the world murdering people in the name of Allah.

You don't see it. I understand that. You want to think Islam is comparable to Christianity. Fine, go ahead. That's your right. But don't expect sane rational people who understand Christianity and Islam to go along with you.

So I will take your silence on the issue of Jesus referring to the Old Testament and Muhammend's quotes that my argument is correct. Sweet concession, Sis!

There have been horrendous crimes in the name of Christianity throughout history, just like there are horrendous crimes in the name of Islam today. You can't whitewash the crimes in the name of Christianity as being indicative of Christianity while condemning the crimes of Muslims as being indicative of Islam. At least you can't without being a hypocrite.

This isn't about Christianity v Islam. This is about modernization v barbarism. This is about history, culture and the advancements of societies.

You can take whatever you want and say whatever you want. Doesn't matter. If it makes you feel you have accomplished something then be my guest.

Christianity is not in the OT. You're very confused. I'm trying to help you, but I don't think you're going to get anything here. Islamic terrorism is the problem in the world today, not Christianity. No one is going to prevent you from living in your alternative universe. You have the right to be ignorant.

Don't be an idiot. Nobody is arguing that Islamic terrorism isn't a problem. This is about selective interpretation of holy books to reinforce confirmation biases.

It is great that you are so open minded about things.

You simply do not know what Islamic scripture calls for .
Terrorism, murder, theft, rape , and lying are acts of piety if done in an effort to make Islam the law of the land(jihad).
There is no reciprocal in Christianity.

Christianity is not in the OT. You're very confused. I'm trying to help you, but I don't think you're going to get anything here.
Son, you are the one who is confused.

Ask any Christian if they believe in the Ten Commandments and they will say, "Yes"!!

They are straight out of the Old Testament.

Christians like to quote, "In the beginning was the Word"

Again, found in the Old Testament.

If fact, EVERY verse that Jesus quoted was directly out of the Old Testament.

Kind of sad in a way Jack Fate, that a Muslin has to teach you about your religion. :doubt:

Christianity is not in the OT. You're very confused. I'm trying to help you, but I don't think you're going to get anything here.
Son, you are the one who is confused.

Ask any Christian if they believe in the Ten Commandments and they will say, "Yes"!!

They are straight out of the Old Testament.

Christians like to quote, "In the beginning was the Word"

Again, found in the Old Testament.

If fact, EVERY verse that Jesus quoted was directly out of the Old Testament.

Kind of sad in a way Jack Fate, that a Muslin has to teach you about your religion. :doubt:

Some "Christians" may be as confused about their beliefs as you pretend to about Islam, when I post it rather than a believer.

Mohammed could have kicked jesus' ass. Arabs fight dirty and all carry knives. Jesus is always portrayed as a wimp anyways.

Is that what the Bible teaches? Is that what it says in John 14:6?

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Does that say something different to you? I didn't quote the chapter and verse in Revelations, I would have to look for it. I might not have the words exact, but it does say that Yeshua will be the one doing the judging. My impression, He would be the one saying if you got to see His Father.

Most interpretations I've seen of the verse from John use it to suggest that Christianity is the only way to God and therefore, one might conclude, Heaven. Are you saying that this is incorrect?

If you believe in the Lord at the time you are on your knees in front of Him, then you ARE a Christian. I believe it helps your case if you have tried to do "good" things in your life and tried to follow His path. I also believe that He is a merciful Lord, and will forgive us for a lot (at least that is my plan, if I got what I "deserve", I would go straight to hell as a sinner).
If you are on your knees in front of Him, and you are mocking or cursing Him, I find it hard to believe that He will go out of His way to be merciful to you. That being said, there were cases in the NT where people were healed by Yeshua for other people's faith, and that "might" be a possibility then. There are Christians that specifically pray for those that do not "claim" Yeshua as their own, so that they can find the peace the Lord offers and forgiveness for their sins.

He knows our hearts, but we do not know His ways. We can only struggle to understand the mystery, and try to follow Him.

Mohammed could have kicked jesus' ass. Arabs fight dirty and all carry knives. Jesus is always portrayed as a wimp anyways.

You will have an opportunity to witness that. Mohammed will be one of us bowing before Yeshua on Judgement Day. Yeshua will judge the living and the dead (that will be living in spirit).

Will you list these "horrendous crimes in the name of Christianity" (where the perps screamed "this is for my Lord", or something similar)? Because there are "horrendous crimes" in the name of islam"committed every day; the list is in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, just in the last few decades. The "horrendous crimes committed in the name of islam" do not seem to be lessening; they are increasing exponetially.

While people, like you, do not call them on the crimes, or hold them accountable, they are continuing the violence. Does the violence really need to come to your door, before you say, hey, why don't you seperate the spiritual part that "is peaceful" from the political part, that is full of hate speech and incitement to violence?

You say this is about "modernization". Which islamic country do you want to hold up as a shining example, reflecting the benefits of islam? Which islamic country does not keep the majority of its people in "barbarism"?

You will have an opportunity to witness that. Mohammed will be one of us bowing before Yeshua on Judgement Day. Yeshua will judge the living and the dead (that will be living in spirit).

When is judgement day? Do you even know? So jesus will kick my ass then? He was probably 5 foot 2 and didn't look like he worked out too much. Me, on the other hand, I love the UFC and could do some serious ground and pound on his ass, just before I finish him off with a peruvian necktie.

I know that you are dodging the issue because you know that you're going to get your ass handed to you.

So far all we've seen from you is a pile of rants and raves. Now focus.

Jesus lived in the Old Testament. He was the last prophet. The Old Testament died when he died. The New Testament began when he rose from the dead.

Now it's your turn.

Right. But that's not the issue, is it? Jesus said we should follow the Old Testament. Yet the Old Testament is full of awful stuff. So Muhammed said some bad stuff and Jesus said we should pay heed to the book with awful stuff in it. What's the difference?

You say I take things out of context? You're wrong, but let's pretend you're right. We have a thread with a scholar arguing that the Bible is a more violent book than the Koran because the violence ascribed in the Koran is self-defense. Well, how is quoting single bits of scripture from Muhammed out of context and using that to slam Islam any different?

I say, we let it slide and try to understand the central message of religions rather than nitpicking how awful the other is. There is an awful lot of bad stuff in the Bible just like there's bad stuff in the Koran.

When did Jesus tell Christians to follow the OT? Show me.

Church apologises for slave trading!

2006: The General Synod of the Church of England has apologised for its own direct involvement in the slave trade.

Slavery – Divine Law

Although the early Church drew support from slaves it never condemned the practice of slavery. On the contrary, Holy Scripture thoroughly endorses the enslavement of lesser races and assures us that the forced conversion of the heathen is a noble Christian purpose, saving souls for the true God. All are "equal before God" but for eighteen hundred years Christianity aided and abetted slavery and taught explicitly the barbarous notion that slavery was in accordance with Divine Will.

"As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from the nations that are round about you.
You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their families that are with you, who have been born in your land; and they may be your property.
You may bequeath them to your sons after you, to inherit as a possession forever; you may make slaves of them, but over your brethren the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another, with harshness."

– Leviticus 25.44

Did Jesus Keep Slaves? The Church, the USA and Slavery

When did Jesus tell Christians "NOT" to follow the OT? Show me

Confusing the issue is not a good way to find the truth. If truth is your goal then trying to confuse the issue is deceitful. Christianity is based on Jesus and Jesus said he was "The Way, The Truth, and The Life. Islam tells you to lie to further your cause.

Confusing the issue is not a good way to find the truth. If truth is your goal then trying to confuse the issue is deceitful. Christianity is based on Jesus and Jesus said he was "The Way, The Truth, and The Life.
What is confusing about asking a simple question?

Again, please show me the scripture where Jesus says "NOT" to follow the OT :cool:

Confusing the issue is not a good way to find the truth. If truth is your goal then trying to confuse the issue is deceitful. Christianity is based on Jesus and Jesus said he was "The Way, The Truth, and The Life.
What is confusing about asking a simple question?

Again, please show me the scripture where Jesus says "NOT" to follow the OT :cool:

He didn't. He told the people to believe in him. Jesus also never told people to not get into flying saucers. You have no point.

Forum List

Back