Multiculturalism and Sharia

So, how, exactly does a foreign ideology become part of American culture, society.....and law?

Stealthily.

Time is not on our side.
I agree completely. Just look at this example of oppressive sharia law that has already been passed in North Carolina:

GS_14-196
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person:
(5) To telephone another and to knowingly make any false statement concerning death, injury, illness, disfigurement, indecent conduct or criminal conduct of the person telephoned or of any member of his family or household with the intent to abuse, annoy, threaten, terrify, harass, or embarrass;

If we can't even call up strangers and lie to them, saying that their parents died in a horrible car accident, what kind of society are we living in? Not a free one. But do you know where else you can find a prohibition against lying?
Qur'an 2:42 (Pickthall): Confound not truth with falsehood, nor knowingly conceal the truth.
That's right, the Qur'an. All over America, state legislatures have already passed laws that conform to evil Muslamic standards.

STOP SHARIA LAW

LEGALIZE MURDER NOW

So, how, exactly does a foreign ideology become part of American culture, society.....and law?

Stealthily.

Time is not on our side.
I agree completely. Just look at this example of oppressive sharia law that has already been passed in North Carolina:

GS_14-196
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person:
(5) To telephone another and to knowingly make any false statement concerning death, injury, illness, disfigurement, indecent conduct or criminal conduct of the person telephoned or of any member of his family or household with the intent to abuse, annoy, threaten, terrify, harass, or embarrass;

If we can't even call up strangers and lie to them, saying that their parents died in a horrible car accident, what kind of society are we living in? Not a free one. But do you know where else you can find a prohibition against lying?
Qur'an 2:42 (Pickthall): Confound not truth with falsehood, nor knowingly conceal the truth.
That's right, the Qur'an. All over America, state legislatures have already passed laws that conform to evil Muslamic standards.

STOP SHARIA LAW

LEGALIZE MURDER NOW

1. Before being a smartass, it is wise to first ensure one is smart. Otherwise one is merely being an ass. Someone should have informed you.

2. I have no brief with Islam, nor with the Qran.
The problem is with folks who intend to replace the Constitution with Sharia.

a. I also have little patience with folks as stupid as you are.

3. But...since you suggest that lying is ...what....forbidden in Islam....

For your edification:

he Qur'an:
Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.

Qur'an (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves."

Qur'an (9:3) - "...Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters..." The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.

Qur'an (40:28) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must "hide his faith" among those who are not believers.

Qur'an (2:225) - "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts" The context of this remark is marriage, which explains why Sharia allows spouses to lie to each other for the greater good.

Qur'an (66:2) - "Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths"

Qur'an (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means 'deceit'. If Allah is supremely deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21)

Taken collectively these verses are interpreted to mean that there are circumstances when a Muslim may be "compelled" to deceive others for a greater purpose.
TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Taqiyya and Lying

Last edited:

Do you have a problem with those who want to replace the US Constitution with Judaism?

Iraq War Launched to Protect Israel - Bush Adviser
by Emad Mekay

WASHINGTON - IPS uncovered the remarks by Philip Zelikow, who is now the executive director of the body set up to investigate the terrorist attacks on the United States in September 2001 -- the 9/11 commission -- in which he suggests a prime motive for the invasion just over one year ago was to eliminate a threat to Israel, a staunch U.S. ally in the Middle East.

Zelikow's casting of the attack on Iraq as one launched to protect Israel appears at odds with the public position of President George W. Bush and his administration, which has never overtly drawn the link between its war on the regime of former president Hussein and its concern for Israel's security."

Do you have a problem with those who want to replace the US Constitution with Judaism?

by Emad Mekay

WASHINGTON - IPS uncovered the remarks by Philip Zelikow, who is now the executive director of the body set up to investigate the terrorist attacks on the United States in September 2001 -- the 9/11 commission -- in which he suggests a prime motive for the invasion just over one year ago was to eliminate a threat to Israel, a staunch U.S. ally in the Middle East.

Zelikow's casting of the attack on Iraq as one launched to protect Israel appears at odds with the public position of President George W. Bush and his administration, which has never overtly drawn the link between its war on the regime of former president Hussein and its concern for Israel's security."

And why would you look to Zelikow as your authority and not the at least 50 other people who were in on the most intimate and serious discussions related to what we should do about Iraq? Could your hatred of President Bush color your opinion on who is and who is not an authority on that?

And could you put in your own words, given the behavior of militant Islam around the world, the kinds of government Islam generally creates, and the promotion of Sharia Law in nations that never before had any problems with Islam--think France, the UK, Denmark et al--why you are so eager to blame George Bush who you seem to think single handedly provoked a whole major religion to attack the world?

Stealthily.

Time is not on our side.

GS_14-196

STOP SHARIA LAW

LEGALIZE MURDER NOW

1. Before being a smartass, it is wise to first ensure one is smart. Otherwise one is merely being an ass. Someone should have informed you.
Is that all this site is, just petty insults being hurled around in nearly every post? I can't think of a single thread I've viewed here that hasn't degenerated into this kind of senseless mudslinging.

3. But...since you suggest that lying is ...what....forbidden in Islam....
For your edification:
"I don't hate Islam, so I'll prove it to you by copy and pasting from one of the most well-known anti-Islam sites on the web." Yeah, OK.

he Qur'an:
Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.
The Pickthall translation of the verse in question reads: "Whoso disbelieveth in Allah after his belief - save him who is forced thereto and whose heart is still content with the Faith - but whoso findeth ease in disbelief: On them is wrath from Allah. Theirs will be an awful doom."

It merely states that if someone is forced to recant their faith, then God won't be angry with them. There is a similar concept in U.S. law; a forced confession is not admissible evidence.

Qur'an (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves."
The text of the verse: "Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were) security. Allah biddeth you beware (only) of Himself. Unto Allah is the journeying."

The meaning to this is quite clear. Don't deliberately reject all Muslims and exclusively keep to non-Muslims as friends, judging them solely on the basis of religion, unless it's for personal safety. This concept is related to the above verse, 16:106.

Qur'an (9:3) - "...Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters..." The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.
An outright lie, and the context makes that abundantly clear.

"9:1 A (declaration) of immunity from Allah and His Messenger, to those of the Pagans with whom ye have contracted mutual alliances:-
9:2 Go ye, then, for four months, backwards and forwards, (as ye will), throughout the land, but know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah (by your falsehood) but that Allah will cover with shame those who reject Him.
9:3 And an announcement from Allah and His Messenger, to the people (assembled) on the day of the Great Pilgrimage,- that Allah and His Messenger dissolve (treaty) obligations with the Pagans. If then, ye repent, it were best for you; but if ye turn away, know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah. And proclaim a grievous penalty to those who reject Faith.
9:4 (But the treaties are) not dissolved with those Pagans with whom ye have entered into alliance and who have not subsequently failed you in aught, nor aided any one against you. So fulfill your engagements with them to the end of their term: for Allah loveth the righteous."

It clearly states that groups the Muslims had some sort of treaty with that had honored their end of the bargain were not dissolved. 9:2 even gives the other groups, the deal-breakers, a grace period of 4 months to get their act together.

Qur'an (40:28) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must "hide his faith" among those who are not believers.
Again, no. He wasn't one who "must hide" his faith, but one who had hidden his faith.

"And a believing man of Pharaoh's family, who hid his faith, said: Would ye kill a man because he saith: My Lord is Allah, and hath brought you clear proofs from your Lord? If he is lying, then his lie is upon him; and if he is truthful, then some of that wherewith he threateneth you will strike you. Lo! Allah guideth not one who is a prodigal, a liar."

And looking just a few verses earlier, you can see where this story comes from:

"40:27 Moses said: Lo! I seek refuge in my Lord and your Lord from every scorner who believeth not in a Day of Reckoning."

That's right, it's the story of the Biblical Moses. The believing man who'd hidden his faith would be known as a Jew.

Qur'an (2:225) - "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts" The context of this remark is marriage, which explains why Sharia allows spouses to lie to each other for the greater good.
Again, an obvious distortion.

"2:224 And make not Allah's (name) an excuse in your oaths against doing good, or acting rightly, or making peace between persons; for Allah is One Who heareth and knoweth all things.

2:225 Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts; and He is Oft-forgiving, Most Forbearing."

Verse 224 says not to use "God doesn't want it" as a reason to avoid doing good deeds, and 225 echoes Proverbs 21:2, "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." The real precedent 2:225 sets is God judging people by their intent.

Qur'an (66:2) - "Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths"
Again, a blatant distortion.

"66:1 O Prophet! Why bannest thou that which Allah hath made lawful for thee, seeking to please thy wives? And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

66:2 Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths (in some cases): and Allah is your Protector, and He is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom. "

These verses, like those above, are self-explanatory: Don't forbid what God has expressly allowed. They also echo a verse of the Bible, Acts 10:15, "And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common."

Qur'an (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means 'deceit'. If Allah is supremely deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21)

Actually, there is much basis for dispute; the point of 3:54 is that no matter how clever human beings believe themselves to be, God is more clever. 8:30 and 10:21 are essentially repetitions of the same idea expressed in 3:54, but 10:21 may word it better: "When We make mankind taste of some mercy after adversity hath touched them, behold! they take to plotting against Our Signs! Say: "Swifter to plan is Allah!" Verily, Our messengers record all the plots that ye make!"

Taken collectively these verses are interpreted to mean that there are circumstances when a Muslim may be "compelled" to deceive others for a greater purpose.
The only circumstance referenced in the above verses that could justify lying is immediate duress.

Some of these I can see you misunderstanding if you didn't actually take the time to read them in full, and not just skim the snippets quoted by the website you copied this from, but others are obviously being completely misrepresented. I have to ask, did you bother to fact check any of that website's claims? And are you a Christian, or at all familiar with Biblical teachings?

by Emad Mekay

Outside of your fevered imagination, fueled by your hatred of Jewish folk, I am not aware of such an attempt " replace the US Constitution with Judaism."

BTW....I accept your right to be a bottom feeding, gutter dwelling troglodyte.

GS_14-196

STOP SHARIA LAW

LEGALIZE MURDER NOW

Is that all this site is, just petty insults being hurled around in nearly every post? I can't think of a single thread I've viewed here that hasn't degenerated into this kind of senseless mudslinging.

"I don't hate Islam, so I'll prove it to you by copy and pasting from one of the most well-known anti-Islam sites on the web." Yeah, OK.

The Pickthall translation of the verse in question reads: "Whoso disbelieveth in Allah after his belief - save him who is forced thereto and whose heart is still content with the Faith - but whoso findeth ease in disbelief: On them is wrath from Allah. Theirs will be an awful doom."

It merely states that if someone is forced to recant their faith, then God won't be angry with them. There is a similar concept in U.S. law; a forced confession is not admissible evidence.

The text of the verse: "Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were) security. Allah biddeth you beware (only) of Himself. Unto Allah is the journeying."

The meaning to this is quite clear. Don't deliberately reject all Muslims and exclusively keep to non-Muslims as friends, judging them solely on the basis of religion, unless it's for personal safety. This concept is related to the above verse, 16:106.

An outright lie, and the context makes that abundantly clear.

"9:1 A (declaration) of immunity from Allah and His Messenger, to those of the Pagans with whom ye have contracted mutual alliances:-
9:2 Go ye, then, for four months, backwards and forwards, (as ye will), throughout the land, but know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah (by your falsehood) but that Allah will cover with shame those who reject Him.
9:3 And an announcement from Allah and His Messenger, to the people (assembled) on the day of the Great Pilgrimage,- that Allah and His Messenger dissolve (treaty) obligations with the Pagans. If then, ye repent, it were best for you; but if ye turn away, know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah. And proclaim a grievous penalty to those who reject Faith.
9:4 (But the treaties are) not dissolved with those Pagans with whom ye have entered into alliance and who have not subsequently failed you in aught, nor aided any one against you. So fulfill your engagements with them to the end of their term: for Allah loveth the righteous."

It clearly states that groups the Muslims had some sort of treaty with that had honored their end of the bargain were not dissolved. 9:2 even gives the other groups, the deal-breakers, a grace period of 4 months to get their act together.

Again, no. He wasn't one who "must hide" his faith, but one who had hidden his faith.

"And a believing man of Pharaoh's family, who hid his faith, said: Would ye kill a man because he saith: My Lord is Allah, and hath brought you clear proofs from your Lord? If he is lying, then his lie is upon him; and if he is truthful, then some of that wherewith he threateneth you will strike you. Lo! Allah guideth not one who is a prodigal, a liar."

And looking just a few verses earlier, you can see where this story comes from:

"40:27 Moses said: Lo! I seek refuge in my Lord and your Lord from every scorner who believeth not in a Day of Reckoning."

That's right, it's the story of the Biblical Moses. The believing man who'd hidden his faith would be known as a Jew.

Again, an obvious distortion.

"2:224 And make not Allah's (name) an excuse in your oaths against doing good, or acting rightly, or making peace between persons; for Allah is One Who heareth and knoweth all things.

2:225 Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts; and He is Oft-forgiving, Most Forbearing."

Verse 224 says not to use "God doesn't want it" as a reason to avoid doing good deeds, and 225 echoes Proverbs 21:2, "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." The real precedent 2:225 sets is God judging people by their intent.

Again, a blatant distortion.

"66:1 O Prophet! Why bannest thou that which Allah hath made lawful for thee, seeking to please thy wives? And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

66:2 Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths (in some cases): and Allah is your Protector, and He is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom. "

These verses, like those above, are self-explanatory: Don't forbid what God has expressly allowed. They also echo a verse of the Bible, Acts 10:15, "And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common."

Actually, there is much basis for dispute; the point of 3:54 is that no matter how clever human beings believe themselves to be, God is more clever. 8:30 and 10:21 are essentially repetitions of the same idea expressed in 3:54, but 10:21 may word it better: "When We make mankind taste of some mercy after adversity hath touched them, behold! they take to plotting against Our Signs! Say: "Swifter to plan is Allah!" Verily, Our messengers record all the plots that ye make!"

The only circumstance referenced in the above verses that could justify lying is immediate duress.

Some of these I can see you misunderstanding if you didn't actually take the time to read them in full, and not just skim the snippets quoted by the website you copied this from, but others are obviously being completely misrepresented. I have to ask, did you bother to fact check any of that website's claims? And are you a Christian, or at all familiar with Biblical teachings?

1. "Is that all this site is, just petty insults being hurled around in nearly every post? I can't think of a single thread I've viewed here that hasn't degenerated into this kind of senseless mudslinging."

Consider this: you deserve what you have received.

In fact, if things are as you describe them, it is a compliment to other posters who clearly and quickly identified you as being a dolt.

2. ""I don't hate Islam, so I'll prove it blah blah blah...."

Again you misunderstand.
I don't intend to prove anything to you.

As far as I am concerned, your snarkie opening salvo had put you squarely in my sights. And there you will remain.

You will get the punishment you deserve for being less than civil.

A pity that no one in your past ever loved you enough to teach you manners.

3. In summary, each of us has proven something. I, that the religion of Islam gives leeway to adherents to lie when it benefits the faith.

You, that you need return to the function for which you are best equipped: bobbing for french fries.

1. The Left desires power at any cost: even at the cost of the death of this nation.
Tell me, why do you believe this crap? Does the world. a changing world, just scare you and keep you up at night?
Perhaps it is not change that scares, but the direction in which change is heading...

Well put, Kondor....

Let me add this distinction: the speed of said change.

Liberals are impulsive, and imprudent. They believe in quick changes, and risk new abuses worse than the ‘evils’ that they would sweep away, since remedies are usually not simple. Plato said that prudence is the mark of the statesman. There should be a balance between permanence and change, while liberals see ‘progress’ as some mythical direction for society.

Britains_future.gif

Tell me, why do you believe this crap? Does the world. a changing world, just scare you and keep you up at night?
Perhaps it is not change that scares, but the direction in which change is heading...

Well put, Kondor....

Liberals are impulsive, and imprudent. They believe in quick changes, and risk new abuses worse than the ‘evils’ that they would sweep away, since remedies are usually not simple. Plato said that prudence is the mark of the statesman. There should be a balance between permanence and change, while liberals see ‘progress’ as some mythical direction for society.
Liberals see the future, while you fear it. Accept that and you will be wiser than most, which means you will reject it....

Well put, Kondor....

Liberals see the future, while you fear it. Accept that and you will be wiser than most, which means you will reject it....

You're not smart enough to know what to fear, PaintByNumbers

Pay attention to the success of sharia insinuating itself into this culture.

18. In Islam, insurance is forbidden. All types.

The AIG insurance company is partially owned by the United States government.

a. "Shaitân (Satan) wants only to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants (alcoholic drinks) and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allâh and from As-Salât (the prayer). So, will you not then abstain? [Surat Al-Mai'dah 5:91]
Moreover, the Prophet (peace be upon him) forbade Gharar sale [Muslim, Book on transactions, No. 1513].
Source: Insurance
Al-Gharar is something that involves uncertainty, risk or speculation.
Narrated by Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him):
“The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade transactions determined by throwing a stone and transactions which involved some uncertainty.” (Narrated by Muslim).
sharia - Why is Life insurance considered un-Islamic - Islam Stack Exchange

b. "This month, AIG announced that it would offer Shariah-compliant homeowner insurance policies, known as takaful, to U.S. customers through one of its subsidiaries.

To be Shariah compliant, companies cannot earn interest and must agree to send a percentage of their revenue to Islamic charitable groups..... by subsidizing AIG, the federal government is conveying "...a message of endorsement and promotion of Shariah-based Islam ... and [a] message of disfavor of and hostility toward Christianity and Judaism." In September, the U.S. Treasury and Federal Reserve took a nearly 80-percent stake in AIG when it injected $150 billion to help prop up the troubled company."
AIG Bailout Promotes Shariah Law, Lawsuit Claims | Fox News

19. In December 2008, Mr. Wolf and Representative Sue Myrick wrote to the American International Group –

“Since Americans are now de facto stockholders in your company, we feel it is our duty to inform them that your press release ignores the fact the AIG is marketing products that support a radical political ideology, Shariah law.

Shariah law is a politicized and radical doctrine created in the 1920s, by the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) founder Hassan Al-Banna, to compete against Western economics and values. Due to radical ideas put forth by the Brotherhood, the Egyptian government banned the group, but it flourishes elsewhere. Today, Shariah law uses the same legal code championed by the Taliban and Osama bin Laden’s al Queda. It promotes Stone Age family laws that that amount to making women property, and enshrines horrific human rights abuses.”
BlueRidgeForum » David Ramadan: Are Virginia GOP Eyes ?Wide Shut??

a. The above mentions that sharia competes against American values.

In the letter to AIG, the Representative made these points:

".... under Shariah law, as practiced in Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries:
• A woman cannot leave the house without her husband’s permission.
• Men can beat their “insubordinate” wives.
• Women who are convicted of adultery are punished by death by stoning.
• Apostasy from Islam is punished by death without trial.
• Non-Muslims under Shariah law are second-class citizens.
• Homosexuals and lesbians must be killed.
• Slavery is permitted and deemed legitimate.
“It is disheartening to think that your products are helping Shariah to gain a foothold in the United States,” the Republican members of Congress wrote. http://www.wnd.com/2008/12/84047/#0MJpfm3FCyBTGcyQ.99

No. One is a choice that involves ourselves only. The other is gang activity intended to punish others for wrong beliefs, the very antithesis of individual rights and liberty.

So one person who boycotts a business is okay, but if he dares encourage someone else to join him,

he should go to jail.

lol you're daft.

More daft than somebody who accuses me of something I never said? Or who seems to be incapable of understanding a simple concept? Oh well. I will also set you aside as disinterested in the topic and return to the interesting topic of how Sharia law would also presume the moral highground to dictate how everybody else should speak, dress, worship, and profess lest there be punishment for choosing one's own opinions.

You said groups who try to get others to boycott businesses should be barred from that by law.

Is one person who does exactly that any different?

So a couple weeks ago the big rightwing push was to zealously defend the right of Christians to use their religion to legally discriminate against gays;

this week it's the same crowd zealously attacking the idea of Muslims using their religion to effectively do the same sort of thing.

So a couple weeks ago the big rightwing push was to zealously defend the right of Christians to use their religion to legally discriminate against gays;

this week it's the same crowd zealously attacking the idea of Muslims using their religion to effectively do the same sort of thing.

First, let's try to avoid your usual sophistry and consider that none of the folks you're attempting to smear suggested killing those with a different sexual orientation.

The group being spotlighted does just that.

One might consider that as being a significant difference between the groups you are attempting to conflate.

First, let's try to avoid your usual sophistry and consider that none of the folks you're attempting to smear suggested killing those with a different sexual orientation.

One might consider that as being a significant difference between the groups you are attempting to conflate.
One might consider removing the spec from your own eye before tying to remove the plank from your brother's eye.

One might consider removing the spec from your own eye before tying to remove the plank from your brother's eye.

mote.

You might want to carefully re-consider post #255.

Forum List

Back