Multiple people dead in Colorado Walmart shooting

No, pot does not have that affect. I really don't understand the rise of violence in our nation, not just Colorado.
Marijuana Use Increases Violent Behavior

"Together, the results of the present study provide support for a causal relationship between exposure to cannabis and subsequent violent outcomes across a major part of the lifespan."
thats pretty fucking rare.....and of course the "study" doesnt mention what else they were using....and they mention if the people already had a personality disorder they might be prone to violence....

It was also said despite all that there was a causal relationship.

From the same link

What makes this new study more compelling than previous studies is that the researchers followed the same individuals for over 50 years from a young age to adulthood. This is precisely what one needs to solve the chicken or egg riddle with respect to cannabis and violence: just look and see which one happens first.

Hers's what they found: Most of the participants never used cannabis and they were never reported to have violent behavior. 38% of the participants did try cannabis at least once in their life. Most of them experimented with cannabis in their teens, but then stopped using it. However, 20% of the boys who started using pot by age 18 continued to use it through middle age (32-48 years). One fifth of those who were pot smokers (22%) reported violent behavior that began after beginning to use cannabis, whereas only 0.3% reported violence before using weed. Continued use of cannabis over the life-time of the study was the strongest predictor of violent convictions, even when the other factors that contribute to violent behavior were considered in the statistical analysis.
there are so many reasons a person can lose it....i seriously doubt if smoking pot is a major reason they lose it....pot would be pretty rare...

Don't like the study then find one you do like.

Any drug that lowers inhibitions can lead to violence
the study i go by is experience.....all the people i ran into that smoked pot that were violent, argumentive or reckless did other drugs like meth or were beer drinkers or had personality problems to start off......just smoking pot,pretty dam rare....

What is up with CO? Why is there so much violence in such a beautiful area....

Too many people getting Rocky Mountain high?
No, pot does not have that affect. I really don't understand the rise of violence in our nation, not just Colorado.

"Together, the results of the present study provide support for a causal relationship between exposure to cannabis and subsequent violent outcomes across a major part of the lifespan."
Bullshit. I know people that are addicted to weed. You cant even get a rise out of them.

Then refute the study with another.

Your anecdotal musings are completely irrelevant
Here you go moron

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170602155252.htm

"
Date:
June 2, 2017
Source:
University of Illinois at Chicago
Summary:
Low levels tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the main psychoactive compound in marijuana, does reduce stress, but in a highly dose-dependent manner, new research confirms."

thats pretty fucking rare.....and of course the "study" doesnt mention what else they were using....and they mention if the people already had a personality disorder they might be prone to violence....

From the same link

What makes this new study more compelling than previous studies is that the researchers followed the same individuals for over 50 years from a young age to adulthood. This is precisely what one needs to solve the chicken or egg riddle with respect to cannabis and violence: just look and see which one happens first.

Hers's what they found: Most of the participants never used cannabis and they were never reported to have violent behavior. 38% of the participants did try cannabis at least once in their life. Most of them experimented with cannabis in their teens, but then stopped using it. However, 20% of the boys who started using pot by age 18 continued to use it through middle age (32-48 years). One fifth of those who were pot smokers (22%) reported violent behavior that began after beginning to use cannabis, whereas only 0.3% reported violence before using weed. Continued use of cannabis over the life-time of the study was the strongest predictor of violent convictions, even when the other factors that contribute to violent behavior were considered in the statistical analysis.
there are so many reasons a person can lose it....i seriously doubt if smoking pot is a major reason they lose it....pot would be pretty rare...

the study i go by is experience.....all the people i ran into that smoked pot that were violent, argumentive or reckless did other drugs like meth or were beer drinkers or had personality problems to start off......just smoking pot,pretty dam rare....

There are a few people where it has the opposite effect. There was an Alameda County Deputy who was murdered about 18 years ago by an asshole high on pot. So it does happen.

From the same link

There are a few people where it has the opposite effect. There was an Alameda County Deputy who was murdered about 18 years ago by an asshole high on pot. So it does happen.
Was that the only thing in his system?

From the same link

Was that the only thing in his system?

Yup.

694940094001_5632923827001_5632909301001-vs.jpg

Colorado Walmart suspect ID'd; 3 killed in shooting

more on the story @ Colorado Walmart suspect ID'd; 3 killed in shooting

From the OP use of general dislike of general characteristics such as "hatred" that's a clue the shooter is white. Amiright?

Told ya, you can always tell the race of the offender by who the white people blame.

If they blame general hatred which is a human characteristic hes white. If they blame their families, culture and a majority of person that shares their race or religion...then you know.

Is the shooter dead?

Too many people getting Rocky Mountain high?

The police are backing off and not pro actively engaging criminals. This started in 2014 as the President, and his black lives matter supporters attacked the police.....

In a country the size of ours these things are bound to happen from time to time. The only way to avoid it would be to impose tyrannically repressive laws, such as frequent and random body searches, home searches, and car searches by police. There is no other way.

Or stop guns being an every day item. You forgot that one.

They aren't an everyday item. You have to go through paperwork, a waiting period and a background check...hardly an everyday item......and considering there are close to 600 million guns in this country and so few mass public shootings.....only 6 in 2016 with 71 dead....versus the 89 killed by a rental truck in one incident in a country that bans guns ......there is no problem here...

Harris and Klebold came from wealthy homes...the Las Vegas shooter was a rich liberal.
Oh, shut the fuck up, you Goddamned liar. I have not yet seen anything that shows that man had any particular political leanings.
Who goes to country concerts and sings God bless America? Conservatives.

You're making a cultural, rather than a political assumption. Rather carelessly at that.
Because you say so? Sorry charlie, only a sick dim would do LV, or a muslim.
Why do you insist on imposing politics on crime? Do you really believe criminals are politically motivated? Or because you have a tentative grasp on politics, imposing a political template on things you cannot comprehend makes it easier for you?

The black lives matter sumpathizers who have murdered police officers were politically motivated.....

Oh, shut the fuck up, you Goddamned liar. I have not yet seen anything that shows that man had any particular political leanings.

You're making a cultural, rather than a political assumption. Rather carelessly at that.
Why do you insist on imposing politics on crime? Do you really believe criminals are politically motivated? Or because you have a tentative grasp on politics, imposing a political template on things you cannot comprehend makes it easier for you?

The black lives matter sumpathizers who have murdered police officers were politically motivated.....
So that makes the Wal*Mart shooter politically motivated? Or the Las Vegas shooter?

So that makes the Wal*Mart shooter politically motivated? Or the Las Vegas shooter?
You tell us.

I answered your question....

You tell us.
Crimes are not always politically motivated. To assume so is not merely foolish, but utterly arrogant. You would set us apart by politics, putting your political values on a pedestal. Thinking stupidly that Comservatives are incapable of committing crimes when we all know that is not the case.

You would also excuse crimes as political actions, thus criminalizing political thought.

I believe that you do not understand what makes crime happen. I believe that you are desperately seeking to assume some higher moral ground to justify the vices of your Right Wing ideology. I also believe that you do not hold a true political ideology, but the mere veneer of an ideology. If you truly understood political thought, you would never make such outlandishly stupid statements.

Too many rich liberals
i dont think being rich makes you want to go out and kill people....

Harris and Klebold came from wealthy homes...the Las Vegas shooter was a rich liberal.

The Las Vegas shooter rented rooms and scouted locations over looking large gatherings including various musical venues before Vegas. In fact one of his potential targets was the Lalopalooza Festival in Chicago, Boston Center for Arts and Boston's Fenway Park. He also rented units over looking Life is Beatiful Festival.

I don't think Lalapalooza is conservative. Just a thought.

I answered your question....
By citing Black Americans killing police? Can you thus justify rednecks lynching Blacks?

Do you think that the Wal*Mart shooter or the Las Vegas shooter were driven by their politics? If so, why? If not, what's was your point?

Too many rich liberals
i dont think being rich makes you want to go out and kill people....

The Las Vegas shooter rented rooms and scouted locations over looking large gatherings including various musical venues before Vegas. In fact one of his potential targets was the Lalopalooza Festival in Chicago, Boston Center for Arts and Boston's Fenway Park. He also rented units over looking Life is Beatiful Festival.

I don't think Lalapalooza is conservative. Just a thought.

The one thing about this piece of filth that does make sense is his crime scene was a perfect "look at all of the evil guns and ammo! NO ONE should be allowed to own these things!" type of propaganda presentation. There was zero reason to have all of those weapons. In fact they were ultimately a liability, unless you were trying to make an anti gun statement. Then the staging makes sense.

In a country the size of ours these things are bound to happen from time to time. The only way to avoid it would be to impose tyrannically repressive laws, such as frequent and random body searches, home searches, and car searches by police. There is no other way.

Or stop guns being an every day item. You forgot that one.

They aren't an everyday item. You have to go through paperwork, a waiting period and a background check...hardly an everyday item......and considering there are close to 600 million guns in this country and so few mass public shootings.....only 6 in 2016 with 71 dead....versus the 89 killed by a rental truck in one incident in a country that bans guns ......there is no problem here...

There were 477 mass shootings in 2016, not 6.

Mass Shooting Tracker

Right now, I have not seen a rational reason for what the Vegas shooter did. Total opposite profile from most of the shooters. The only time he was the same as them was during the shooting, and when he shot himself. Mass murder, then suicide, seems to be the MO of these people.
One profile point is the same with all of them: they love guns.

Forum List

Back