Muslim communities share guidelines on how to deal with cartoons

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
A SET OF guidelines on how to react to cartoons depicting Mohammad has been shared among Muslim communities this morning.

Published by a teacher in London, they have been added to by an Islamic Centre in Ireland following the release of Charlie Hebdo’s survivors’ edition.

Dublin-based Shaykh Umar Al-Qadri calls for Irish Muslims not to allow hatred creep into their hearts and react with patience, tolerance, gentleness and mercy.

He, however, has also encouraged Muslims to discuss their feelings and their anger with people they know, especially those not of the same faith.

Here are the guidelines, in full, as set out by Shaykh Umar Al-Qadri, the President and Imam of the Al-Mustafa Islamic Educational & Cultural Centre Ireland.

A SET OF guidelines on how to react to cartoons depicting Mohammad has been shared among Muslim communities this morning.

Published by a teacher in London, they have been added to by an Islamic Centre in Ireland following the release of Charlie Hebdo’s survivors’ edition.

Dublin-based Shaykh Umar Al-Qadri calls for Irish Muslims not to allow hatred creep into their hearts and react with patience, tolerance, gentleness and mercy.

He, however, has also encouraged Muslims to discuss their feelings and their anger with people they know, especially those not of the same faith.

Here are the guidelines, in full, as set out by Shaykh Umar Al-Qadri, the President and Imam of the Al-Mustafa Islamic Educational & Cultural Centre Ireland.

I think this religion is just nutty. Seems more cultish IMHO.

Hi! I'm Irish-Muslim.

First, I'll get shit-faced on 5 pints of Guiness. Then I'll cut your head off and stuff your Blarney Stones down your throat.

You can thank me in the morning.

good on them. truthfully we'd all do better to follow those guidelines when discussing things we are passionate about.

good on them. truthfully we'd all do better to follow those guidelines when discussing things we are passionate about.

:lol: Seriously? You don't see there being a problem with having to tell people NOT to cut heads off because of cartoons? Goodness, I don't know about you, but nobody would have to tell me that, as I would never even consider doing such a thing no matter how angry I was. That is because I am a sane person, and no nutty religion has infiltrated my life and brain so much so that I would do such things.

I cannot believe there are guidelines on how to deal with cartoons. :cuckoo: Insanity reigns supreme, I suppose.

:lol: Seriously? You don't see there being a problem with having to tell people NOT to cut heads off because of cartoons? Goodness, I don't know about you, but nobody would have to tell me that, as I would never even consider doing such a thing no matter how angry I was. That is because I am a sane person, and no nutty religion has infiltrated my life and brain so much so that I would do such things.
Kinda like the Christians that were part of the Inquisition and witch hunters, eh? Ain't just muslims, ya know.

must have missed that part. all i saw was that they should be patient, loving, and understanding while still not shying away from explaining their feelings and beliefs.

the horror.

treating illnesses back then with herbal remedies got you tortured or burned.

must have missed that part. all i saw was that they should be patient, loving, and understanding while still not shying away from explaining their feelings and beliefs.

the horror.
At least they are trying to speak out now and deal with the extremists.

the horror.

Point being, that people have to be pacified about cartoons! That's crazy!

Do Muslims believe in Leprechauns? :dunno:

What's at the end of the rainbow for Muslims?

A pot of gold?

72 virgins?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Do Muslims believe in Leprechauns? :dunno:

What's at the end of the rainbow for Muslims?

A pot of gold?

72 virgins?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I'm really tired of them and their killing people. I'm also tired of all the dumb excuses for their piss poor behavior. I don't think people should be making excuses for them anymore.

the horror.

oh. i thought the point was you are a bigot

the horror.

oh. i thought the point was you are a bigot

Okay. :D There are worse things to be, like a Muslim terrorist! Lol! I don't care about you idiots calling me a bigot anymore. Go ahead. Do your worse. You can't hurt me, and I'm going to continue to say it as I see it. Don't like it? Too effing bad!

An intact gold hymen with a 72 horse power V-4?

Horses, virgins, and 72 Maids a-Milkin'? :dunno:

Forum List

Back