Muslim / ME Countries Top List of Worst Abusers of Women in the World:

Congratulations! Another milestone for Islam, and it's great contribution to modern civilization!

The Best And Worst Countries For Women - Forbes

At the bottom of the list, the worst countries for gender quality are Saudi Arabia (No. 131), Mali (No. 132), Pakistan (No. 133), Chad (No. 134) and Yemen (No. 135). These low-scorers have been featured at or near the bottom since the list began. “They are not investing in their women,” says Zahidi, “and there are major barriers to be able to enter leadership and politics.”

No way dude, women are better off in Muslim countries than in the West and Israel.:eusa_liar:
I think Sunni will be in total agreement with that one. All Western non Muslim women are whores that live miserably, according to Sunni Girl.

Big deal..........a western compiled list that denigrates muslims and Islam. . :cuckoo:

The list makes some interesting reading.

As Tinmore noted - Cuba ranked higher than Israel in gender equality.

The top 25 countries for women are:
Iceland, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, New Zealand, Denmark, Philippines, Nicaragua
Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Lesotho, Latvia, South Africa, Luxembourg
UK, Cuba, Austria, Canada, US, Mozambique, Burundi, Australia

Yet Mozambique is also listed as 6th worst out of 20 in terms of child marriages (a list which also includes Nicaragua) - which seems rather add odds with it's inclusion in the top 25 for women.

The bottom 25 include: Bahrain, Camaroon, Fiji, Zambia, Qatar, Guatemala, Benin, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Algeria, Jordan, Lebenon, Nepal, Turkey, Oman, Egypt, Iran
Mali, Morocco, Côte d'Ivoire, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Chad, Pakistan, Yemen. 16 of which are Muslim majority and 9 are not.

The OP's intent is certainly to denigrate Islam (no surprise there) but conservative Islamic cultures in countries that don't operate by secular law are pretty sucko for women's freedom and rights. That said - the bottom ranking also includes over a third non-Muslim majority countries. (which are ignored because they aren't Muslim).

Nothing to denigrate, Islam defender. Islam is doing a great job denigrating itself.

And now the facts: The bottom of the barrel ie bottom 12 in women's rights (according to the list YOU just provided) are: Turkey, Oman, Egypt, Iran, Mali, Morocco, Côte d'Ivoire, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Chad, Pakistan, Yemen.

ALL MUSLIM MAJORITY COUNTRIES.

Now grab what's left of your cut tail, and run along, Crazy Coyote.

Ha ha ha. Pathetic, and desperate.

Big deal..........a western compiled list that denigrates muslims and Islam. . :cuckoo:

Iceland, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, New Zealand, Denmark, Philippines, Nicaragua
Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Lesotho, Latvia, South Africa, Luxembourg

Yet Mozambique is also listed as 6th worst out of 20 in terms of child marriages (a list which also includes Nicaragua) - which seems rather add odds with it's inclusion in the top 25 for women.

The bottom 25 include: Bahrain, Camaroon, Fiji, Zambia, Qatar, Guatemala, Benin, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Algeria, Jordan, Lebenon, Nepal, Turkey, Oman, Egypt, Iran
Mali, Morocco, Côte d'Ivoire, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Chad, Pakistan, Yemen. 16 of which are Muslim majority and 9 are not.

The OP's intent is certainly to denigrate Islam (no surprise there) but conservative Islamic cultures in countries that don't operate by secular law are pretty sucko for women's freedom and rights. That said - the bottom ranking also includes over a third non-Muslim majority countries. (which are ignored because they aren't Muslim).
"As Tinmore noted............."
Did Tinmore note that Israel has a couple million Muslims in their country? How many Muslims live in Cuber?

Did Tinmore note that Israel has a couple million Muslims in their country? How many Muslims live in Cuber?
I don't know about 'Cuber' but there are approximately 9,000 muslims in Cuba. . :cool:

Islam in Cuba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sunni girl must be so proud that Muslim majority countries topped the list of the worst abusers of women. After all they're not doing anything wrong, just following true Islam and Shariah law, right Sunni girl?

You can see why many see the UN as a joke. How can they choose countries with so many human rights abuses to be on the Human Rights Council?
China, Cuba, Russia, Saudi Arabia elected to U.N. Human Rights Council

Reuters) - China, Cuba, Russia and Saudi Arabia on Tuesday won three-year seats on the Geneva-based Human Rights Council, the United Nations' top rights body, despite concerns about abuses and restrictions on freedoms in all four nations.

Also winning seats on the 47-nation council were Algeria, Britain, France, Mexico, the Maldives, Morocco, Namibia, South Africa, Vietnam, and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.

The annual election for one-third of the council's membership was held in the 193-nation U.N. General Assembly.

China, Cuba, Russia, Saudi Arabia elected to U.N. Human Rights Council | Reuters

You might want to review the methodology behind the study - Israel operates under Israeli - not Muslim law, and it's the dominant Israeli culture that determines the role for women there - gender gap in pay, political positions etc. It's 76% Jewish.

You can see why many see the UN as a joke. How can they choose countries with so many human rights abuses to be on the Human Rights Council?
China, Cuba, Russia, Saudi Arabia elected to U.N. Human Rights Council

Reuters) - China, Cuba, Russia and Saudi Arabia on Tuesday won three-year seats on the Geneva-based Human Rights Council, the United Nations' top rights body, despite concerns about abuses and restrictions on freedoms in all four nations.

Also winning seats on the 47-nation council were Algeria, Britain, France, Mexico, the Maldives, Morocco, Namibia, South Africa, Vietnam, and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.

The annual election for one-third of the council's membership was held in the 193-nation U.N. General Assembly.

China, Cuba, Russia, Saudi Arabia elected to U.N. Human Rights Council | Reuters

Yup.

You might want to review the methodology behind the study - Israel operates under Israeli - not Muslim law, and it's the dominant Israeli culture that determines the role for women there - gender gap in pay, political positions etc. It's 76% Jewish.
Both countries absorb the statistics of abuse by Muslims in their countries which puts Israel lower than Cuba. That's the point I'm making.

Nothing to denigrate, Islam defender. Islam is doing a great job denigrating itself.

And now the facts: The bottom of the barrel ie bottom 12 in women's rights (according to the list YOU just provided) are: Turkey, Oman, Egypt, Iran, Mali, Morocco, Côte d'Ivoire, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Chad, Pakistan, Yemen.

As I said, Islamic majority countries in the ME and Africa, are not good places to be a woman. Neither are a number of non-Islamic countries such as Nepal or India or Guatamala. I understand, however, that your concern is solely with Islamic countries and you are perfectly fine with abuses towards women elsewhere.

My tail is intact and fine. Thank you for your concern :)

As I said, Islamic majority countries in the ME and Africa, are not good places to be a woman. Neither are a number of non-Islamic countries such as Nepal or India or Guatamala. I understand, however, that your concern is solely with Islamic countries and you are perfectly fine with abuses towards women elsewhere.

When I get back to Ft Worth in late December, I'll post a picture of the tail-less coyote that invades my yard every evening trying to catch my Lab pups.

Both countries absorb the statistics of abuse by Muslims in their countries which puts Israel lower than Cuba. That's the point I'm making.

I don't think that makes a difference in this particular listing - the Muslim population is too small a demographic to make that big an impact on the parameters they were looking at. It also doesn't explain why other nations - with larger Muslim populations (or majorities) don't appear in the bottom 25, or why countries with virtually no Muslim populations do (Nepal and Guatamala for example). I think other factors are at play as well as religion.

If I were to make a guess about Israel - it's ranking might be due to not just it's Muslim population, but it's large and growing population of conservative sects who are the most fertile and believe in very limited roles for women.

When I get back to Ft Worth in late December, I'll post a picture of the tail-less coyote that invades my yard every evening trying to catch my Lab pups.

I've NEVER been to Texas :doubt:

Fellow posters-----please note-----COMPLETELY WITHOUT BASIS----Coyote has accused
our fellow posters of BIGOTRY AND BIAS ----simply because they noted the FACT
that women are abused in islamic societies------ Her theory is that in order to note
that fact they are OBLIGATED to make note of the fact of female abuse in OTHER
societies -----such as in classic HINDU societies ----etc.

I am fascinated...... Please note------in order to regret abuse and oppression
-----you are OBLIGATED to note the entire history of abuse and oppression------but
this restriction applies ONLY to the abuse and oppression of islamic societies as per
COYOTE

Fellow posters-----please note-----COMPLETELY WITHOUT BASIS----Coyote has accused
that women are abused in islamic societies------ Her theory is that in order to note

-----you are OBLIGATED to note the entire history of abuse and oppression
------but
this restriction applies ONLY to the abuse and oppression of islamic societies as per
COYOTE

Sure you aren't confusing me with Sally?

------but
COYOTE

No----not at all. I am accurately identifying you.

------but
COYOTE

No----not at all. I am accurately identifying you.

Accuracy isn't your strong point Rosie, just sayin'....but we can pretend :)

Forum List

Back