Muslims in America Condemn Extremists and Fear Anew for Their Lives

Poor things..................got their feelings hurt..................

Um.............14 Americans have no more feelings about it..............They are dead............cry me a river...............perhaps they should have controlled their dang relatives......................

I'm not sure I'd call getting shot in the back or having a beer mug smashed in your face "hurt feelings".
Well, I'll remember to cry a little....and sigh a little......next time I see one of them being mistreated........then not feel so bad when I read about them burning down another Christian church and cutting another Christian's head off just because they won't convert.

When did that occur in America?
Well, this guy cut one woman's head off and was in the process of cutting another off when the cops blew his ass away.

usa-oklahoma-beheading11.jpg

Suspect in Oklahoma beheading tried converting co-workers to Islam | New York Post

But I'm not concerned just about Americans, but Christians in the Middle-East that have been the victims of genocide in the Sudan, Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Libya, you name it.

I suppose as long as it's not in your town, you don't give a flying-fuck, am I right?

Oh you mean the ex-con with the long history of assault and the Jesus Christ tattoo on his chest?
-- your own link btw... :rolleyes:

We are Americans.

We should not tolerate this or excuse it in our country or in our politicians and elected officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/u...-anew-for-their-lives.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
In a news conference Friday, lawyers for Mr. Farook’s family cautioned the public against jumping to conclusions about the attackers’ motivations. One lawyer, David Chesley, said the F.B.I.’s claim that Mr. Farook’s wife, Tashfeen Malik, had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State on Facebook was “nebulous” evidence.

“Until there is absolute, clear evidence, every headline doesn’t have to say ‘Muslim massacre’ or ‘Muslim shooters,’ because it’s going to cause intolerance,” Mr. Chesley said.

However, Muslim Americans are now confronting the fact that to many Americans, Mr. Farook and other terrorists do represent Islam — especially since polls show that most Americans know no Muslims and little about Islam.

“My identity and everything that I am becomes erased every time one of these incidents occurs,” said Nabihah Maqbool, 27, a law student at the University of Chicago. “It all becomes collapsed into these senseless acts of violence being committed by people who are part of my group.”

Like many other Muslim American women, Ms. Maqbool said that she had considered taking off her hijab, or head scarf, out of fear of being victimized. She said that driving back to Chicago after celebrating Thanksgiving with her family, she had decided not to stop and pray on the grassy lawn outside an interstate rest stop, as she usually does.

“I just got so nervous that something could happen to me by any unhinged individual who saw me as someone who deserved violence,” Ms. Maqbool said.

The F.B.I. said it did not yet have data for hate crimes in 2015, and would not comment on whether there had recently been a rise in attacks on Muslims and their houses of worship. A chart provided by Stephen G. Fischer Jr., chief of multimedia productions for the F.B.I.’s criminal justice information service, showed that bias-related hate crimes against Muslims were at a peak in 2001, with 481 reported. In 2014, 154 such crimes were reported.

But in recent weeks, American Muslims have reported a spate of violence and intimidation against them: women wearing head scarves accosted; Muslim children bullied; bullets shot at a mosque in Meriden, Conn.; feces thrown at a mosque in Pflugerville, Tex.

Omair Siddiqi said he had been about to get into his car in the parking lot of a shopping mall in the Dallas suburbs last month when a man came up to him, flashed a gun and said, “If I wanted to, I could kill you right now.”

Mr. Siddiqi said he stayed quiet and the man walked away. Mr. Siddiqi called 911 and is now in the process of getting a concealed-handgun permit. “It’s very scary in times like this,” he said.

In a Dallas suburb, about a dozen protesters congregated outside the Islamic Center of Irving last month, some covering their faces with bandannas and carrying hunting rifles, tactical shotguns and AR-15s. The group that organized the protest posted on Facebook a list of the names and addresses of dozens of Muslims and what they called “Muslim sympathizers.

Khalid Y. Hamideh, a spokesman for the Islamic Association of North Texas and a Dallas lawyer, called the mosque protest “un-American.”

“It would be unfathomable for that to occur outside a church or synagogue,” he said. “At the same time, we’re realists. We understand what’s going on around the country. We thank God for our friends in law enforcement and our interfaith partners.”

If we were in their countries, hundreds, maybe thousands of them would have been killed by now, or burned to death the way they have to Christians in their own countries. The reason they're afraid is because they know how we would be treated in their home countries.

They have reason to be afraid. I think it's healthy.

With a few exceptions, I doubt they have anything to fear......at this time.

If Obama continues down the path he's on....that may change.

We aren't in "their" countries. THEY aren't in your so-called "their" countries. Why? Because the THEY were are talking about are American citizens! They don't belong in the Middle East. They belong here. Is Europe "your" country?
I've only visited Europe. America is where I was born.

I was speaking of the countries they were born in.

But of course, you like foreign people more than the folks that were born here and who's family lived here for the last 300 or so years.

That's why you're essentially a traitor to your country and your people. You hate us and you hate your own country.

You see, I've been in their countries......and there is a reason they came here......not that somebody like you would admit it.
I learned that the reason their countries are so fucked up is because of their beliefs and their laws.
Yet you want to turn this country into the shithole they escaped from.

WTF - many Muslims here were born here. Muslims have been here for generations. THIS is their country. I don't hate us, I don't hate my country - I just happen to think ALL of our citizens should be treated equally. You want to send them to some foreign country? Well send yourself back to Europe then.
Well they killed in the name of her country's religious beliefs. That's different than your analogy.

We are Americans.

We should not tolerate this or excuse it in our country or in our politicians and elected officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/u...-anew-for-their-lives.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
In a news conference Friday, lawyers for Mr. Farook’s family cautioned the public against jumping to conclusions about the attackers’ motivations. One lawyer, David Chesley, said the F.B.I.’s claim that Mr. Farook’s wife, Tashfeen Malik, had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State on Facebook was “nebulous” evidence.

“Until there is absolute, clear evidence, every headline doesn’t have to say ‘Muslim massacre’ or ‘Muslim shooters,’ because it’s going to cause intolerance,” Mr. Chesley said.

However, Muslim Americans are now confronting the fact that to many Americans, Mr. Farook and other terrorists do represent Islam — especially since polls show that most Americans know no Muslims and little about Islam.

“My identity and everything that I am becomes erased every time one of these incidents occurs,” said Nabihah Maqbool, 27, a law student at the University of Chicago. “It all becomes collapsed into these senseless acts of violence being committed by people who are part of my group.”

Like many other Muslim American women, Ms. Maqbool said that she had considered taking off her hijab, or head scarf, out of fear of being victimized. She said that driving back to Chicago after celebrating Thanksgiving with her family, she had decided not to stop and pray on the grassy lawn outside an interstate rest stop, as she usually does.

“I just got so nervous that something could happen to me by any unhinged individual who saw me as someone who deserved violence,” Ms. Maqbool said.

The F.B.I. said it did not yet have data for hate crimes in 2015, and would not comment on whether there had recently been a rise in attacks on Muslims and their houses of worship. A chart provided by Stephen G. Fischer Jr., chief of multimedia productions for the F.B.I.’s criminal justice information service, showed that bias-related hate crimes against Muslims were at a peak in 2001, with 481 reported. In 2014, 154 such crimes were reported.

But in recent weeks, American Muslims have reported a spate of violence and intimidation against them: women wearing head scarves accosted; Muslim children bullied; bullets shot at a mosque in Meriden, Conn.; feces thrown at a mosque in Pflugerville, Tex.

Omair Siddiqi said he had been about to get into his car in the parking lot of a shopping mall in the Dallas suburbs last month when a man came up to him, flashed a gun and said, “If I wanted to, I could kill you right now.”

Mr. Siddiqi said he stayed quiet and the man walked away. Mr. Siddiqi called 911 and is now in the process of getting a concealed-handgun permit. “It’s very scary in times like this,” he said.

In a Dallas suburb, about a dozen protesters congregated outside the Islamic Center of Irving last month, some covering their faces with bandannas and carrying hunting rifles, tactical shotguns and AR-15s. The group that organized the protest posted on Facebook a list of the names and addresses of dozens of Muslims and what they called “Muslim sympathizers.

Khalid Y. Hamideh, a spokesman for the Islamic Association of North Texas and a Dallas lawyer, called the mosque protest “un-American.”

“It would be unfathomable for that to occur outside a church or synagogue,” he said. “At the same time, we’re realists. We understand what’s going on around the country. We thank God for our friends in law enforcement and our interfaith partners.”

Its a damn shame people cant live their lives because of some inbred. backwood. ignorants that are afraid of muslims.

When mass murder occurs it is only rational to begin to fear.

Who did this and why? These are sane and logical questions to ask, because it means our survival.

So get off your high horse. People just want to live is all.
Not that tough guy

She was attacked for speaking a language with her own family that was not English.
Doesn't get much more pig-ignorant than that.
She is slandering the entire American public with hear-say bullshit and you chose to believe every word.

Why would muslems in America "fear anew for their lives" when there hasn't been a single incident of assault or murder directed at muslems while Americans have endured several incidents sponsored by muslems?

Not a "single" one, no. Multiple incidents. Like those already posted in posts 13 and 15.

Way to read the thread, dumbass.
Again, all hear-say bullshit that you CHOSE to believe in its entirety.

Oh you mean the ex-con with the long history of assault and the Jesus Christ tattoo on his chest?
-- your own link btw... :rolleyes:
And he couldnt possibly have had those done PRIOR to his conversion to Islam, you stupid ass.

MUDWHISTLE SAID:

"It says in the Quran that being a good Muslim means killing infidels."

Lying must no longer be considered a sin among Christians.
The Quran does say that, you ignorant fuck, Surat 9:5.
Jews and Muslims are allowed to kill their enemies, not ordered to pray for them like the Christians. Does that bother you, little Christian?

This is the U.S. - are we a barbaric country that beheads people? No. We are a nation of laws and rights and those rights extend to all of our citizens. In fact - the title of the topic is about American Muslims. Imagine that!
Who find an Internet wife convert to her culture and kill fellow Americans in her honor? That kind of American Muslim?

We are Americans.

Its a damn shame people cant live their lives because of some inbred. backwood. ignorants that are afraid of muslims.

When mass murder occurs it is only rational to begin to fear.

Who did this and why? These are sane and logical questions to ask, because it means our survival.

So get off your high horse. People just want to live is all.
No its not rational to fear. Rational means logical thinking. Fear requires no rationality. Fear raises the adrenalin level in your body for short term response. Your base instinctual reaction is the same as what occurs with a troop of chimps encountering a python. Humans have brains and begin to think after their natural instinct prompts them so your reaction of fear is actually irrational.

I know some good Muslims.....and I also know a good number that are real assholes.....and they feel their religion gives them the right to be that way because I wouldn't understand.....I'm just an infidel.

That would be the same logic Robert Dear, Scott Roeder, Eric Rudolph, Shelley Shannon, Paul Jennings Hill, Michael Griffin, Matt Goldsby, Jimmy Simmons, Kathy Simmons, Kaye Wiggins, Joseph Grace, Reverend Edward Markley, Reverend John Earl, Clayton Waagner, the entities that encouraged them to their violence from the ACLA to the "Army of God" to "Rescue America", along with scores of perps that were never caught, seem to have followed.

Interesting background on Griffin's mentor John Burt, regional director of Rescue America and "spiritual adviser" to several of the perps and incidents above:

> Burt was a retired U.S. Marine and former member of the Ku Klux Klan (though he claims to have "abandoned the group's racist doctrine when he became a born-again Christian[6]") and a self-professed "spiritual adviser" to a group of activists who bombed three abortion clinics in 1984.[6] He ran a "safe-house" for pregnant teenagers who had decided to take their pregnancies to term, called "Our Father's House".

In 2005, Burt was convicted of five counts of lewd or lascivious conduct for improperly touching and propositioning a 15-year-old girl at the house, and sentenced to 18 years in state prison.[7]

This crowd "feels their religion gave them the right to be that way" too.

--- See the difference?

Me neither.

We are Americans.

Your boy, the great white father/loretta Lynch said we're supposed to rat these people out. So who's afraid now?
Speak english. Who is the great white father and who is loretta lynch and what does that have to do with my post?

I wonder about the left.

They say we need to focus only on Islamic radicals that are known terrorists......but every attack we've had in America was by normal, average, every day Muslims not known to be radicalized. Muslims that are up to the moment they start hosing down Americans are said to be completely normal. They're all peaceful and all they want is opportunity.

I mean.....just how fucking stupid do they think we are?

When are these liberals going to drop the bull shit and open their motherfucking eyes?

We are Americans.

Remind me again what happened to Japanese-Americans after Pearl Harbor? Sounds perfectly American to me. And they were only suspected of collusion.

Muslims in America ARE working against us. There's no indications they wanna exist side-by-side with us. They want Islam to rule the whole world and everyone that doesn't wanna convert to be killed. Where a Muslim majority exists in any country, Islam is the ruling faith in and out of government.

The people, who, like myself until recently, reasoned tolerant positions were dwelling in a sea of false-denial. And the thought of 1.7 billion enemies wasn't especially appealing either of course. But that's the reality.

If Islam got its way, we'd be living under Islamic law. They're going to be the majority global religion in a few more years, so why wouldn't they try and take over? Christianity held sway for centuries and tore through Muslim lands imposing its will onto them, and now that Christianity's weak, Islam is returning the favor.

Look at Israel, they don't wanna live peacefully and coexist, they wanna rule. And worse, they believe they can win.
I'd say that me living side by side with a muslim for the last decade is a sign. You guys are too ignorant to consider this one fact for just a moment. There are millions of muslims in the US. If they wanted to do something they would have long ago conducted a mass simultaneous attack on US soil.

I wonder about the left.

They say we need to focus only on Islamic radicals that are known terrorists......but every attack we've had in America was by normal, average, every day Muslims not known to be radicalized. Muslims that are up to the moment they start hosing down Americans are said to be completely normal. They're all peaceful and all they want is opportunity.

I mean.....just how fucking stupid do they think we are?

When are these liberals going to drop the bull shit and open their motherfucking eyes?
I wonder about the right. They say we need only focus on the radical white christians that are terrorists...but every attack we've had in the US was by some ex military patriot not known to be a terrorist. Should we wipe out all white christians just to be safe?

There are millions of muslims in the US. If they wanted to do something they would have long ago conducted a mass simultaneous attack on US soil.

You ever heard of the NSA? If millions of people tried to coordinate like that there is a high likelihood they would be discovered.

Forum List

Back