Muslims in America Condemn Extremists and Fear Anew for Their Lives

We are Americans.

We should not tolerate this or excuse it in our country or in our politicians and elected officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/u...-anew-for-their-lives.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
In a news conference Friday, lawyers for Mr. Farook’s family cautioned the public against jumping to conclusions about the attackers’ motivations. One lawyer, David Chesley, said the F.B.I.’s claim that Mr. Farook’s wife, Tashfeen Malik, had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State on Facebook was “nebulous” evidence.

“Until there is absolute, clear evidence, every headline doesn’t have to say ‘Muslim massacre’ or ‘Muslim shooters,’ because it’s going to cause intolerance,” Mr. Chesley said.

However, Muslim Americans are now confronting the fact that to many Americans, Mr. Farook and other terrorists do represent Islam — especially since polls show that most Americans know no Muslims and little about Islam.

“My identity and everything that I am becomes erased every time one of these incidents occurs,” said Nabihah Maqbool, 27, a law student at the University of Chicago. “It all becomes collapsed into these senseless acts of violence being committed by people who are part of my group.”

Like many other Muslim American women, Ms. Maqbool said that she had considered taking off her hijab, or head scarf, out of fear of being victimized. She said that driving back to Chicago after celebrating Thanksgiving with her family, she had decided not to stop and pray on the grassy lawn outside an interstate rest stop, as she usually does.

“I just got so nervous that something could happen to me by any unhinged individual who saw me as someone who deserved violence,” Ms. Maqbool said.

The F.B.I. said it did not yet have data for hate crimes in 2015, and would not comment on whether there had recently been a rise in attacks on Muslims and their houses of worship. A chart provided by Stephen G. Fischer Jr., chief of multimedia productions for the F.B.I.’s criminal justice information service, showed that bias-related hate crimes against Muslims were at a peak in 2001, with 481 reported. In 2014, 154 such crimes were reported.

But in recent weeks, American Muslims have reported a spate of violence and intimidation against them: women wearing head scarves accosted; Muslim children bullied; bullets shot at a mosque in Meriden, Conn.; feces thrown at a mosque in Pflugerville, Tex.

Omair Siddiqi said he had been about to get into his car in the parking lot of a shopping mall in the Dallas suburbs last month when a man came up to him, flashed a gun and said, “If I wanted to, I could kill you right now.”

Mr. Siddiqi said he stayed quiet and the man walked away. Mr. Siddiqi called 911 and is now in the process of getting a concealed-handgun permit. “It’s very scary in times like this,” he said.

In a Dallas suburb, about a dozen protesters congregated outside the Islamic Center of Irving last month, some covering their faces with bandannas and carrying hunting rifles, tactical shotguns and AR-15s. The group that organized the protest posted on Facebook a list of the names and addresses of dozens of Muslims and what they called “Muslim sympathizers.

Khalid Y. Hamideh, a spokesman for the Islamic Association of North Texas and a Dallas lawyer, called the mosque protest “un-American.”

“It would be unfathomable for that to occur outside a church or synagogue,” he said. “At the same time, we’re realists. We understand what’s going on around the country. We thank God for our friends in law enforcement and our interfaith partners.”

Remind me again what happened to Japanese-Americans after Pearl Harbor? Sounds perfectly American to me. And they were only suspected of collusion.

Muslims in America ARE working against us. There's no indications they wanna exist side-by-side with us. They want Islam to rule the whole world and everyone that doesn't wanna convert to be killed. Where a Muslim majority exists in any country, Islam is the ruling faith in and out of government.

The people, who, like myself until recently, reasoned tolerant positions were dwelling in a sea of false-denial. And the thought of 1.7 billion enemies wasn't especially appealing either of course. But that's the reality.

If Islam got its way, we'd be living under Islamic law. They're going to be the majority global religion in a few more years, so why wouldn't they try and take over? Christianity held sway for centuries and tore through Muslim lands imposing its will onto them, and now that Christianity's weak, Islam is returning the favor.

Look at Israel, they don't wanna live peacefully and coexist, they wanna rule. And worse, they believe they can win.
I'd say that me living side by side with a muslim for the last decade is a sign. You guys are too ignorant to consider this one fact for just a moment. There are millions of muslims in the US. If they wanted to do something they would have long ago conducted a mass simultaneous attack on US soil.

I grew up around thousands, this is Dearborn man who cares about your neighbor? Most of them are good people, that doesn't mean we ship them in here from war torn islamonazi areas of the world...that's crazy :cuckoo:

There are millions of muslims in the US. If they wanted to do something they would have long ago conducted a mass simultaneous attack on US soil.

You ever heard of the NSA? If millions of people tried to coordinate like that there is a high likelihood they would be discovered.
So why are you worried then? The problem with your hypothesis is that there is nothing to stop any muslims from buying weapons and then sending out a tweet to go hit the local mall. There is no way the NSA or anyone else would be able to stop them even with prior warning.

We are Americans.

We should not tolerate this or excuse it in our country or in our politicians and elected officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/u...-anew-for-their-lives.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
In a news conference Friday, lawyers for Mr. Farook’s family cautioned the public against jumping to conclusions about the attackers’ motivations. One lawyer, David Chesley, said the F.B.I.’s claim that Mr. Farook’s wife, Tashfeen Malik, had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State on Facebook was “nebulous” evidence.

“Until there is absolute, clear evidence, every headline doesn’t have to say ‘Muslim massacre’ or ‘Muslim shooters,’ because it’s going to cause intolerance,” Mr. Chesley said.

However, Muslim Americans are now confronting the fact that to many Americans, Mr. Farook and other terrorists do represent Islam — especially since polls show that most Americans know no Muslims and little about Islam.

“My identity and everything that I am becomes erased every time one of these incidents occurs,” said Nabihah Maqbool, 27, a law student at the University of Chicago. “It all becomes collapsed into these senseless acts of violence being committed by people who are part of my group.”

Like many other Muslim American women, Ms. Maqbool said that she had considered taking off her hijab, or head scarf, out of fear of being victimized. She said that driving back to Chicago after celebrating Thanksgiving with her family, she had decided not to stop and pray on the grassy lawn outside an interstate rest stop, as she usually does.

“I just got so nervous that something could happen to me by any unhinged individual who saw me as someone who deserved violence,” Ms. Maqbool said.

The F.B.I. said it did not yet have data for hate crimes in 2015, and would not comment on whether there had recently been a rise in attacks on Muslims and their houses of worship. A chart provided by Stephen G. Fischer Jr., chief of multimedia productions for the F.B.I.’s criminal justice information service, showed that bias-related hate crimes against Muslims were at a peak in 2001, with 481 reported. In 2014, 154 such crimes were reported.

But in recent weeks, American Muslims have reported a spate of violence and intimidation against them: women wearing head scarves accosted; Muslim children bullied; bullets shot at a mosque in Meriden, Conn.; feces thrown at a mosque in Pflugerville, Tex.

Omair Siddiqi said he had been about to get into his car in the parking lot of a shopping mall in the Dallas suburbs last month when a man came up to him, flashed a gun and said, “If I wanted to, I could kill you right now.”

Mr. Siddiqi said he stayed quiet and the man walked away. Mr. Siddiqi called 911 and is now in the process of getting a concealed-handgun permit. “It’s very scary in times like this,” he said.

In a Dallas suburb, about a dozen protesters congregated outside the Islamic Center of Irving last month, some covering their faces with bandannas and carrying hunting rifles, tactical shotguns and AR-15s. The group that organized the protest posted on Facebook a list of the names and addresses of dozens of Muslims and what they called “Muslim sympathizers.

Khalid Y. Hamideh, a spokesman for the Islamic Association of North Texas and a Dallas lawyer, called the mosque protest “un-American.”

“It would be unfathomable for that to occur outside a church or synagogue,” he said. “At the same time, we’re realists. We understand what’s going on around the country. We thank God for our friends in law enforcement and our interfaith partners.”

Remind me again what happened to Japanese-Americans after Pearl Harbor? Sounds perfectly American to me. And they were only suspected of collusion.

Muslims in America ARE working against us. There's no indications they wanna exist side-by-side with us. They want Islam to rule the whole world and everyone that doesn't wanna convert to be killed. Where a Muslim majority exists in any country, Islam is the ruling faith in and out of government.

The people, who, like myself until recently, reasoned tolerant positions were dwelling in a sea of false-denial. And the thought of 1.7 billion enemies wasn't especially appealing either of course. But that's the reality.

If Islam got its way, we'd be living under Islamic law. They're going to be the majority global religion in a few more years, so why wouldn't they try and take over? Christianity held sway for centuries and tore through Muslim lands imposing its will onto them, and now that Christianity's weak, Islam is returning the favor.

Look at Israel, they don't wanna live peacefully and coexist, they wanna rule. And worse, they believe they can win.
I'd say that me living side by side with a muslim for the last decade is a sign. You guys are too ignorant to consider this one fact for just a moment. There are millions of muslims in the US. If they wanted to do something they would have long ago conducted a mass simultaneous attack on US soil.

I grew up around thousands, this is Dearborn man who cares about your neighbor? Most of them are good people, that doesn't mean we ship them in here from war torn islamonazi areas of the world...that's crazy :cuckoo:
Whats crazy about it? Seems like a great propaganda move to me. Reduces the amount of war torn people looking for a leader like ISIS to be brainwashed into american hating terrorists.

We are Americans.

Its a damn shame people cant live their lives because of some inbred. backwood. ignorants that are afraid of muslims.

Its a damn shame 14 people in San Bernidino cant live their lives because of some deviated lunatic Muslims who filled them full of bulitts because they are Americans.

I feel the same way when someone like the Aurora, Colorado shooter kills innocent people.

I feel the same way when someone like the Planned Parenthood Clinic shooter killed those three people.

I felt the same way when Tim McVeigh blew up OKC.

Too bad they were not DEVIATED LUNATIC MUSLIMS!

A mentally deranged person does not have to be a Muslim, but it seems to help being excused when it comes to the LWnuts on USMB.

We are Americans.

Its a damn shame people cant live their lives because of some inbred. backwood. ignorants that are afraid of muslims.

Its a damn shame 14 people in San Bernidino cant live their lives because of some deviated lunatic Muslims who filled them full of bulitts because they are Americans.

I feel the same way when someone like the Aurora, Colorado shooter kills innocent people.

I feel the same way when someone like the Planned Parenthood Clinic shooter killed those three people.

A mentally deranged person does not have to be a Muslim, but it seems to help being excused when it comes to the LWnuts on USMB.
A nut is a nut, and they are fond of religion. There is no excuse, there is understanding, which nearly all lack.

Sad thing is that condemning the extremists is not going to do much to protect them from the idiots. My muslim neighbor and I talked and he knows he can send his family to my home if something goes down.

No it won't. And when hearing it coming out of the mouths of politicians running for election is enough to validate it for some people. Very bad situation for Americans all around - very good situation for ISIS.
Isis leaders hate trump. That's good enough for me.

We are Americans.

Yes it is a shame they were killed. I'm guessing there are more than 14 muslims in the US though. BTW its "bullets" not "bulitts" and one of the shooters was an american.

Spelling Smack is generally considered the last gasp of a lost discussion...not worth a response.

But, that single American who killed all those people (with his lunatic alien wife) was a Muslim before he was an American...they all are Muslims first...and that means they follow the Prophet Mohammad first....before the law of the United States....and unfortunately, Mohammed was a stone cold killer.

and the planned parenthood terrorist and the murderer of dr tiller and the christian terrorist who bombed the atlanta olympics were christians before they were americans.

your point?

They were Americans long before they were Christians and they were violating Christ's teachings. They will not be forgiven.

We are Americans.

A nut is a nut, and they are fond of religion. There is no excuse, there is understanding, which nearly all lack.

A Muslim who is carrying out Allah's will is not really a nut. A Christian that commits terrorist acts is in direct violation of Christ's teachings. What part of that does a dirtbag like you fail to understand?

A Muslim who is carrying out Allah's will is not really a nut. A Christian that commits terrorist acts is in direct violation of Christ's teachings. What part of that does a dirtbag like you fail to understand?
Both religions say to kill infidels. Luckily most modern day people are wise enough to disregard those tenets.

Jesus actually told his disciples/apostles to just dust their feet and move onward, if a household does not accept them or the gospel....he did not instruct them to kill the infidel Asclepias?

Poor things..................got their feelings hurt..................

Um.............14 Americans have no more feelings about it..............They are dead............cry me a river...............perhaps they should have controlled their dang relatives......................

I'm not sure I'd call getting shot in the back or having a beer mug smashed in your face "hurt feelings".
Well, I'll remember to cry a little....and sigh a little......next time I see one of them being mistreated........then not feel so bad when I read about them burning down another Christian church and cutting another Christian's head off just because they won't convert.

When did that occur in America?
Well, this guy cut one woman's head off and was in the process of cutting another off when the cops blew his ass away.

usa-oklahoma-beheading11.jpg

Suspect in Oklahoma beheading tried converting co-workers to Islam | New York Post

But I'm not concerned just about Americans, but Christians in the Middle-East that have been the victims of genocide in the Sudan, Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Libya, you name it.

I suppose as long as it's not in your town, you don't give a flying-fuck, am I right?

It's not that I don't "give a flying-fuck" if it's not in my town, it's that cultures in those other countries are completely different than those here yet you are blaming Muslims here for the actions of Muslims there.

The Muslims here haven't been able to cut off very many Christian heads yet! As they gain in numbers in the US they will start and put it on a video for all to see.

Jesus actually told his disciples/apostles to just dust their feet and move onward, if a household does not accept them or the gospel....he did not instruct them to kill the infidel Asclepias?
God instructed christians to kill people that were infidels.

Bible Gateway passage: Deuteronomy 13 - New International Version

13:5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death;because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.
13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
13:9
But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
13:10
And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Last edited:
It's not that I don't "give a flying-fuck" if it's not in my town, it's that cultures in those other countries are completely different than those here yet you are blaming Muslims here for the actions of Muslims there.
San Bernardino and Oklahoma are not 'over there', genius.

You need to try to follow the conversation first before opening your mouth and saying something stupid, genius.
You mean like Mudwhistles comment, "Well, this guy cut one woman's head off and was in the process of cutting another off when the cops blew his ass away.

usa-oklahoma-beheading11.jpg

Suspect in Oklahoma beheading tried converting co-workers to Islam | New York Post"

To which you said "It's not that I don't "give a flying-fuck" if it's not in my town, it's that cultures in those other countries are completely different than those here yet you are blaming Muslims here for the actions of Muslims there."

To which I responded, "San Bernardino and Oklahoma are not 'over there', genius." referencing recent events as well as Mudwhistle's explanation.

But in the interest of being truthful, Mudwhistle, am I following this right in your opinion or not?

If not I offer my apologies, but I dont see where I deviated from the path of good interpretation.

Perhaps I misunderstood your comment then.

Oklahoma incident is not the product of culture. If you read the articles about this man, he is clearly very mentally ill. San Bernardino is a terrorist attack. Is it any different than the terrorist attack at Planned Parenthood? How about the massacre at the Charleston Church? Is the Muslim community in San Bernardino any different than the Christian community in Charleston?
So you're saying that two people shooting up a Christmas party aren't mentally ill?

Dude....you're dancing all over the place on this.

You spend all of your life with blinders on.

I know some good Muslims.....and I also know a good number that are real assholes.....and they feel their religion gives them the right to be that way because I wouldn't understand.....I'm just an infidel.

I think the two people that shot up a Christmas party were merely carrying out Allah's will as it was explained to them by fellow jihadists.

Infidels isn't even a Christian term dude.
Who said it was? Christian isnt a language.

Oooops!

2 Corinthians 6 KJV

"And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?"

Last edited:

13:5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death;because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.
13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Oh wow hilariouuuuuus. God instructed Christians????, and then you use Old Testament passages to prove your point when the first Christians are not mentioned in the Bible till at Antioch after Christ death.
I think you're going to get laughed at over that one.

God was speaking to the children of Israel in the old testament. The new testament clearly states that Jesus says you shall not commit murder. Simple as that.

Understanding what you read really helps. This is something you apparently struggle with. He never instructed Christians to kill anyone.

Who said it was? Christian isnt a language.

Oooops!

2 Corinthians 6 KJV

"And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?"

Depends on the version. Here is one without.

1 Timothy 5:8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever

The bible was written in Hebrew. There is no hebrew word for infidel. In the english translation, a version might use that word. But it's not original to the bible. It came about when man translated it.

Forum List

Back