MW advocates - what are the downsides of minimum wage?

I don't. But if they want to anyway, it's their business.

What you all can't seem to accept is that some jobs aren't worth minimum wage. And what you're saying with MW laws is that those jobs shouldn't be allowed.
An employee makes a profit off of every worker

So what?

If you don't want people making money from the labor you sell then work for yourself and keep all the profit
So stop whining about minimum wage

They have profited off of low cost labor for ten years. Time to pay up

You're kidding yourself. MW doesn't make anyone 'pay up'. It just bans low-wage jobs.
Compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment would enable market participants to self-select.

Getting off your ass and getting s job would end your personal unemployment

I don't. But if they want to anyway, it's their business.

What you all can't seem to accept is that some jobs aren't worth minimum wage. And what you're saying with MW laws is that those jobs shouldn't be allowed.

So what?

If you don't want people making money from the labor you sell then work for yourself and keep all the profit

I'm not whining I just think it's completely unnecessary.

and every one of my employees makes at least 15 an hour and 3 of them make 80 to 100 K a year

But then again my employees have to actually have some skills unlike the people who aspire to do nothing but stuff burgers into paper bags

Which means that their labor is worth more to you than $15/hr. Answer this: Would you keep an employee on board and pay him that wage if his work did not contribute that much to your bottom line? Would that be fair to your other employees who would have to deal with a less profitable or even money losing business?
No it means their labor is worth that to the market in which I operate.

All my employees have skills they acquired so they made their labor worth what I pay. In fact I pay a little more than the market in my location because I want to retain employees with the skill sets they have.

So if you want to make more money it is up to you to make your labor worth more.

You are selling your labor to an employer the same as the employer is selling a product to the marketplace.
Your labor is your product it is up to you to make that product as valuable and desirable as you can

Bottom line...if the work isn't worth more than the pennies you dipshits are willing to pay...then there's a problem with your business model and your product.

Do it yourself and see how much money you make. Oh...you can't get enough work done to make the kind of money you expect to make? Then pay your workers a decent wage so you can continue to make money

So tell me how much is stuffing squashed mass produced burgers and greasy fries into paper bags worth

Bottom line...if the work isn't worth more than the pennies you dipshits are willing to pay...then there's a problem with your business model and your product.

Do it yourself and see how much money you make. Oh...you can't get enough work done to make the kind of money you expect to make? Then pay your workers a decent wage so you can continue to make money

So tell me how much is stuffing squashed mass produced burgers and greasy fries into paper bags worth
How much is your pitter-pattering on the keyboard worth?
ihlahz86va221.jpg

How much is your pitter-pattering on the keyboard worth?
ihlahz86va221.jpg

It's worth as much as yours

NOTHING

And you don't seem to realize IDGAF how much a person makes as long as they realize they are not entitled to make more than the labor they sell to their employer is worth.

When you can be replaced by a person with virtually ZERO training your labor isn't worth much

Slavery is outlawed. What you are suggesting is "soft" slavery.

Nope. What I'm suggesting is strictly voluntary.
work or die, is what the right wing advocates.

And you want to get paid for not working, even though you're perfectly capable.
subsidies not trade wars!

Care to stay on topic?
simply raising the minimum wage causes a "restructuring" of any "employment regime".

Unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed; automatically stabilizes that situation.

They aren't forced to now. Even if you start over at the bottom, you're not expected to stay there for long.

On what planet do people CHOOSE to work for $7/ hr?

And whether YOU stay there or not...SOMEONE is staying there.

Uhm they used to choose to work for 25 cents an hour..

social services didn't cost the equivalent to twenty-four cents, back then.

So what?

You're kidding yourself. MW doesn't make anyone 'pay up'. It just bans low-wage jobs.
Compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment would enable market participants to self-select.

lol. Why blame the Poor? The "rich have a natural rate unemployment at their disposal", simply for the sake of the bottom line, not the People.

They aren't forced to now. Even if you start over at the bottom, you're not expected to stay there for long.

Uhm they used to choose to work for 25 cents an hour..

social services didn't cost the equivalent to twenty-four cents, back then.

According to you it was $15 bucks an hour and everyone was on food stamps even Henry ford.

So what?

lol. Why blame the Poor? The "rich have a natural rate unemployment at their disposal", simply for the sake of the bottom line, not the People.

I'm not blaming anyone.

If you're unemployed it's because you want to be

So what?

and every one of my employees makes at least 15 an hour and 3 of them make 80 to 100 K a year

But then again my employees have to actually have some skills unlike the people who aspire to do nothing but stuff burgers into paper bags

Which means that their labor is worth more to you than $15/hr. Answer this: Would you keep an employee on board and pay him that wage if his work did not contribute that much to your bottom line? Would that be fair to your other employees who would have to deal with a less profitable or even money losing business?

All my employees have skills they acquired so they made their labor worth what I pay. In fact I pay a little more than the market in my location because I want to retain employees with the skill sets they have.

So if you want to make more money it is up to you to make your labor worth more.

You are selling your labor to an employer the same as the employer is selling a product to the marketplace.
Your labor is your product it is up to you to make that product as valuable and desirable as you can
That only makes sense in a vacuum of special pleading. Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment. Social services cost the equivalent to fourteen dollars an hour.

So what?

That only makes sense in a vacuum of special pleading. Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment. Social services cost the equivalent to fourteen dollars an hour.

No it makes sense in the real world where you obviously don't reside

So what?

No it's 23 cents an hour admit it .FDR said so.

No it makes sense in the real world where you obviously don't reside
It makes no sense in the real world. It merely demonstrates the right wing simply doesn't understand economics.

And they are CHOOSING to stay there
moving to where the work is, is not always a good option for Everyone.

Work moving away from you, is the option one likes.

And they are CHOOSING to stay there
moving to where the work is, is not always a good option for Everyone.

You can always find work no matter where you live

Forum List

Back