MW advocates - what are the downsides of minimum wage?

I'm not whining I just think it's completely unnecessary.

and every one of my employees makes at least 15 an hour and 3 of them make 80 to 100 K a year

But then again my employees have to actually have some skills unlike the people who aspire to do nothing but stuff burgers into paper bags

Which means that their labor is worth more to you than $15/hr. Answer this: Would you keep an employee on board and pay him that wage if his work did not contribute that much to your bottom line? Would that be fair to your other employees who would have to deal with a less profitable or even money losing business?
No it means their labor is worth that to the market in which I operate.

All my employees have skills they acquired so they made their labor worth what I pay. In fact I pay a little more than the market in my location because I want to retain employees with the skill sets they have.

So if you want to make more money it is up to you to make your labor worth more.

You are selling your labor to an employer the same as the employer is selling a product to the marketplace.
Your labor is your product it is up to you to make that product as valuable and desirable as you can
That only makes sense in a vacuum of special pleading. Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment. Social services cost the equivalent to fourteen dollars an hour.

No it makes sense in the real world where you obviously don't reside
It makes no sense in the real world. It merely demonstrates the right wing simply doesn't understand economics.

Good thing I'm not right wing.

I'm not whining I just think it's completely unnecessary.

and every one of my employees makes at least 15 an hour and 3 of them make 80 to 100 K a year

But then again my employees have to actually have some skills unlike the people who aspire to do nothing but stuff burgers into paper bags

Which means that their labor is worth more to you than $15/hr. Answer this: Would you keep an employee on board and pay him that wage if his work did not contribute that much to your bottom line? Would that be fair to your other employees who would have to deal with a less profitable or even money losing business?

All my employees have skills they acquired so they made their labor worth what I pay. In fact I pay a little more than the market in my location because I want to retain employees with the skill sets they have.

So if you want to make more money it is up to you to make your labor worth more.

You are selling your labor to an employer the same as the employer is selling a product to the marketplace.
Your labor is your product it is up to you to make that product as valuable and desirable as you can
That only makes sense in a vacuum of special pleading. Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment. Social services cost the equivalent to fourteen dollars an hour.

It makes no sense in the real world. It merely demonstrates the right wing simply doesn't understand economics.

Sense is a common metaphor for deamenor .

They aren't forced to now. Even if you start over at the bottom, you're not expected to stay there for long.

On what planet do people CHOOSE to work for $7/ hr?

And whether YOU stay there or not...SOMEONE is staying there.
And they are CHOOSING to stay there
moving to where the work is, is not always a good option for Everyone.

Work moving away from you, is the option one likes.
only making excuses instead of getting results, is what the Republican doctrine is always good for.

There is no provision for excuses in the federal doctrine.

Good thing I'm not right wing.

If you had wing you could fly .

Food, clothing, education, and shelter

Then you agree the minimum wage should be a states decision and not a national one.

No. I think it should be a national one.

Why like I posted a million times in a million threads on minimum wage $8 bucks an hour in Alabama is like $20 bucks an hour in New York City

The only possible reason a person would want it national is to prevent jobs from moving.

Its a pretty simple explanation. If left up to the states like Alabama or Mississippi they may set it $1 an hour. We cant have retarded states like that determining what minimum wage is. Its way smarter to have someone on a national level setting the minimum wage for each state.

I didn't know people as stupid as you actually exist.

You really need to stop talking to yourself in the mirror and posting it here for all to see.

They aren't forced to now. Even if you start over at the bottom, you're not expected to stay there for long.

On what planet do people CHOOSE to work for $7/ hr?

And whether YOU stay there or not...SOMEONE is staying there.
And they are CHOOSING to stay there
moving to where the work is, is not always a good option for Everyone.

Work moving away from you, is the option one likes.
only making excuses instead of getting results, is what the Republican doctrine is always good for.

The doctrine of man excuses you for understanding the behavior of itself.

the right wing is losing all of their arguments. how, inferior.

Inferior is an analysis of libtard claiming to be economically sound.

you all have, nothing but diversion or fallacies of false Cause.

Red herring for breakfast?

Still more red herring's to promote your sexual way of hardware?

not in the real world; only in right wing fantasy.

not in the real world; only in right wing fantasy.

Faries are far and wide but only appear to the left .

You must be chatting with [Ignored Member].

I enjoy messing with him..he is only around in the morning like joe b

I kinda think they are in jail together..in cook county illinois.

I can set my watch when they post..

They can only post in an hour's time frame.. watch their posts to stay away from the gaurds.

I notice that stuff..

i enjoy "arguing" with you, just for fun and practice.

Then if it has so little value we should not expect an adult human to do it.

I don't. But if they want to anyway, it's their business.

What you all can't seem to accept is that some jobs aren't worth minimum wage. And what you're saying with MW laws is that those jobs shouldn't be allowed.
An employee makes a profit off of every worker

So what?

If you don't want people making money from the labor you sell then work for yourself and keep all the profit
So stop whining about minimum wage

They have profited off of low cost labor for ten years. Time to pay up

You're kidding yourself. MW doesn't make anyone 'pay up'. It just bans low-wage jobs.
You guys say that every time someone wants to raise minimum wage

Never actually happens

Forum List

Back